DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane Sixty Two - using as Sound Card - how to set Deck 2 as output

Qmak 10:16 AM - 25 March, 2014
Hi guys,
I'd like to change default channel from Deck 1 to Deck 2 in my Rane SIXTY TWO (when I use it as a sound card - via USB cable).

When I play something from iTunes or Youtube (or from other audio software on my Macbook) - the default channel is left (Deck 1). Is it possible to change it to right side - Deck 2?
wadup 6:01 AM - 27 March, 2014
bump
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:26 PM - 1 April, 2014
This isn't possible.
WT40 9:23 PM - 8 April, 2014
It's a shame that it isn't possible. I've been trying to figure this out too. Since I scratch on the left deck, I'd like to load up a beat from Soundcloud or Youtube ideally from Deck 2 & scratch over it. It would be nice to have it as an option on the 62 Audio Control panel.
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:38 PM - 8 April, 2014
Just plug your right deck into input 3 but keep it on the left side of the mixer:)
Culprit 5:36 AM - 11 April, 2014
Quote:
It's a shame that it isn't possible. I've been trying to figure this out too. Since I scratch on the left deck, I'd like to load up a beat from Soundcloud or Youtube ideally from Deck 2 & scratch over it. It would be nice to have it as an option on the 62 Audio Control panel.

This is hard wired or software limitation?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:43 PM - 11 April, 2014
I'm guessing something could be tweaked in firmware but its not something we're gonna do. This is the first time we've had this request.
Culprit 7:34 PM - 11 April, 2014
I think I actually requested this as a feature request for Serato DJ. As this mixer becomes more popular with Serato DJ, believe me people will be requesting it. I actually requested that the audio be rerouted to the usb output of the mixer, or at least give us an option of which channel to reroute it to. I say the USB channel because it only makes sense to route it to a separate channel separate from the upfaders channels
Kratz 10:21 AM - 17 April, 2014
oh mannnnnn what can i say but that you can use 2 usb with the insert with ableton for a looper or effekt is hell mo fucking dope props to wiz
DJ Barticus 3:36 AM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:
This isn't possible.

April fools, this is possible.

1) Open Audio MIDI Setup
2) Click Rane 62
3) Click Configure Speakers
4) Choose output 1-8 for Left and Right (ex 5 & 6 send main output to USB aux channel)

It looks like this: imgur.com
Culprit 7:02 AM - 21 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
This isn't possible.

April fools, this is possible.

1) Open Audio MIDI Setup
2) Click Rane 62
3) Click Configure Speakers
4) Choose output 1-8 for Left and Right (ex 5 & 6 send main output to USB aux channel)

It looks like this: imgur.com

Thank you! This needd to be in the manual!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:46 PM - 21 April, 2014
Thanks Barticus! I wasn't aware of that setting:)
Culprit 6:14 PM - 21 April, 2014
Teamwork make the dreamwork
DJ Barticus 8:37 PM - 21 April, 2014
you are all welcome, i guess we should put the words SOLVED in here so people can search it before it ends up in the next version of the manual. having the main OSX sounds come through the USB aux channel is very handy.

I am having another rane 62/serato DJ issue, i made a post in the Rane help section and would very much appreciate if that post got a solution.
Kratz 1:31 PM - 24 April, 2014
lol baby 1,62 lol channel swap in s dj and under system in 62 options :D So big problem??? what is a scratch live vst
Kratz 1:32 PM - 24 April, 2014
i want it quickerrrrrrr mickymouse
Culprit 2:00 PM - 24 April, 2014
i love google translate
boabmatic 3:41 PM - 1 May, 2014
and a hint for anybody that was struggling to find 'Audio MIDI set-up' (like me) look in applications/utilities/ folder.

cheers for the tip... Barticus
dus 5:22 AM - 8 June, 2014
thanks DJ Barticus i been looking for this forever,thanks a million team work is the best.
s3kn0tr0n1c 8:20 PM - 8 June, 2014
any chance of this in windows?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:55 AM - 24 June, 2014
Hi s3kn0tr0n1c

this isn't something I have tried myself, but you can probably assign the output channels on Windows in a similar way as well.
If the ASIO driver doesn't give you the option, there might be a workaround in using ASIO4ALL :)
s3kn0tr0n1c 11:48 AM - 24 June, 2014
Quote:
Hi s3kn0tr0n1c

this isn't something I have tried myself, but you can probably assign the output channels on Windows in a similar way as well.
If the ASIO driver doesn't give you the option, there might be a workaround in using ASIO4ALL :)

will check it out.
Culprit 8:01 PM - 7 September, 2014
is this broken with the latest release of Serato DJ? Its not working for me
Culprit 2:27 AM - 8 September, 2014
Actually, it's not broken. Trip out, Safari outputs to Deck 1, but itunes and preview output's to usb aux, so weird. Also, I tried my backup macbook pro and chrome does the same thing, output's to deck 1.

Anyways, this works, just not with web browsers, which is weird.
Djo Wrecks 7:18 AM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Actually, it's not broken. Trip out, Safari outputs to Deck 1, but itunes and preview output's to usb aux, so weird. Also, I tried my backup macbook pro and chrome does the same thing, output's to deck 1.

Anyways, this works, just not with web browsers, which is weird.

to make it work with browsers you have to change the sound output device under system preferences...

here is a link for both windows and mac

Watchwww.youtube.com
Culprit 7:22 AM - 7 February, 2015
Alright, here is the official way to make this work. I think there is a glitch though as it should work just by setting it up directly like this

Step 1 - Audio MIDI setup -> select "Sixty-Two" -> Output -> Configure Speakers -> Stereo -> Left Front Channel 5 and Right Front Channel 6 -> Apply then Done -> Right Click "Sixty-Two" -> Select "Use This Device for Sound Output".

This however still output's to channel 1, so now lets setup an "Aggregate Device"

1. Bottom Left Corner of the "Audio Devices" Window Click on the "+" Sign
2. Click on "Create Aggregate Device"
3. Click The Box next to "Sixty-Two" to "Use"
4. Click on "Configure Speakers"
5. Select Left Front Channel to 5 and Right Front Channel to 6 (Where it current states 1 and 2)
6. Apply and Done
7. Right Click on "Aggregate Device" and Select "Use This Device for Sound Output", also select "Play Alerts and Sound Effects" to test.

Your Audio is now routed to the AUX Output of the Mixer.
Culprit 5:38 AM - 6 August, 2015
Rane Reps.

I am kind of disappointed that the Rane 62 cannot be used as a sound card in windows 7 (Windows 10) like my Rane TTM57 can (when no software is loaded, like scratch live).

I can use Rane TTM57 left or right channel in windows no problem, but I cannot do the same with my Rane 62.

This is kind of sad, as I like to use the studio gear to sometimes play movies for my daughter. I mean I spend a lot of money on studio gear, and I expected the mixer to work better than its predecessor obviously.

I don't understand it at all, we have to tweak it to work with osx, and it doesnt work period with windows, talk about major steps backwards..
Qmak 11:54 AM - 24 January, 2016
Unfortunately, regardless of what I set (1-8) output is still playing on Deck 1. Is there any other solution?
dj rEk 3:36 AM - 8 March, 2017
I was wondering this too, since it was possible with Serato Scratch Live (THE LAST MIXER YOU'LL EVER NEED). I use to do this with my TTM57SL. Assign and play anything on my channel two and cut on my channel 1, via USB. Why has this changed and why is it limited? I remembered the big thing about ending support on the TTM57SL was because it was USB1 and it was limited (Unlike USB2). Now only after being forced to upgrade, I am back to being limited. Don't even get me started with the Bridge... lol
dj rEk 3:53 AM - 8 March, 2017
Sorry about it... I guess I am wrong.. Thank you DJ Barticus... ;)
Bluerose555 2:32 AM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:
I was wondering this too, since it was possible with Serato Scratch Live (THE LAST MIXER YOU'LL EVER NEED). I use to do this with my TTM57SL. Assign and play anything on my channel two and cut on my channel 1, via USB. Why has this changed and why is it limited? I remembered the big thing about ending support on the TTM57SL was because it was USB1 and it was limited (Unlike USB2). Now only after being forced to upgrade, I am back to being limited. Don't even get me started with the Bridge... lol

Can you tell me more about your setup? I have a Rane ttm57 and would love to be able to route desktop audio through one channel while running serato through the other. I can use the ttm56 as a soundcard easily, but id like to have the best of best worlds if possible.
Culprit 4:10 AM - 3 November, 2017
Check out midi audio setup on osx. Not sure about windows.
Bluerose555 4:37 AM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:
Check out midi audio setup on osx. Not sure about windows.

Hi thanks for your reply, but I am already aware of how to set up new audio and midi devices in OS X.

If the mixer is not being used by serato scratch live then both channel 1 and 2 appear in the audio utilities in OS X. However once the ssl program is started those become unavailable.

What I am wondering is if we can assign one channel to the desktop audio and use another for SSL.
Culprit 5:08 PM - 3 November, 2017
I don't believe that is possible
Bluerose555 8:50 PM - 3 November, 2017
one of the guys that works for Rane didn't think a lot of stuff as possible until somebody pointed out that it was so… I would like to hear from dj rEk who said it was possible or somebody who knows
dj_soo 9:00 PM - 3 November, 2017
I hope InMusic Rane is listening and gives us more robust drivers where we can set which channel the output goes to for 3rd party programs.

It's an 12 in and 8 out sound card - you should be able to use it as such with other programs...
Culprit 11:29 PM - 3 November, 2017
The Rane 57sl is locked to Serato Scratch Live. That is how the deal was structured originally and I don't think the mixer can be unlocked legally. I know someone back in the day wrote a midi program unlocking the midi functions of the mixer but not the audio channels or drivers.