Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ responding terribly with CDJ

Shan-One 6:16 AM - 23 March, 2014
Ok guys I'm writing this from my gig, the CDJ 2000s that I use with my SL3 decided in the middle of the night to stop responding properly. Crazy delayed, glitching, just random garbage. I'm mixing internally as we speak. I'm using a DJM2000 with 2 CDJ2000s MacBook Pro Retina, OSX Mavericks.
It did work for the first half then the loop glitched and since then terrible control on the CDJs, I'm using timecode on a USB drive. I tried CDs still no good. Calibration says it's reading 100%.

HELP!
Shan-One 6:46 AM - 23 March, 2014
Restart seemed to fix it.
Shan-One 7:56 PM - 23 March, 2014
Any ideas what could have caused this? It's a loud system, I had the monitors up and they added a sub in the booth for my deaf ass, could that interfere?
deejdave 10:28 PM - 23 March, 2014
May I ask why you are using timecode with CDJ200's & SL3? Have you not tried HID? You have everything you need to run the CDJ's in HID (unless you don't own a powered USB hub) and the HID is a MUCH better experience. I mean night & day. I have heard there are issues with DVS & SDJ but I haven't done much with DVS other than making sure it works.
Shan-One 4:56 AM - 24 March, 2014
I found the HID to lag when I scratch and it didn't feel as accurate. Maybe it's better now, not sure. I would give it a try. I also only have 2 USB ports and use Dicers as well. Trying not to overload the USB. I also use a Thunderbolt external for the music.
Shan-One 7:28 AM - 6 April, 2014
Ok this happened again, this time with my Sixty Two and 1200s. Not sure what's causing this, but it's like the reaction time from scratching is about 2 seconds behind. I have my USB buffer at 1 and haven't had problems with ScratchLive. Another note, I'm using Dicers with the Dice Lok program to lock the programmable midi. Could that be causing this issue? I've used them like this since that program came out.

A restart fixed it, again I was playing for about 2 hours before it happened.

HELP!
Shan-One 4:24 PM - 7 April, 2014
Can I get some help with this from any of the moderators? I've just recreated the same problem by running my setup on internal all night. When I came back to try control with the vinyl it was crazy delayed.
Shan-One 10:02 PM - 7 April, 2014
Ok I lowered the USB buffer on the core audio panel from 10 to 8 and kept the USB buffer on SDJ at 1 and it worked. Is there any reason why this is the case?
raedonquan 10:14 PM - 7 April, 2014
Sdj uses a lot of resources...... The USB is bombarded with info going back and forth from the cdj. Track name ...artist cue play all that stuff going on.

SSL doesn't us a lot of resources...

Serato will get the resources down eventually ....

I have faith in the program..... sdj work wonderful with controllers.....

When it gets all integrated and working fine it will be an amazing program...

I'm liking my sz works a charm

62 w/850s HID works fine also .... only glitch is the center circle has latency... not a big thing.
Shan-One 4:25 PM - 7 May, 2014
Ok lost control again, using CDJs with Time Code on USB drive. I bumped up the USB buffer to 2 and it came back so it was only a momentary glitch in sound. I've always ran ScratchLive at a buffer of 1.

I'm using a 2.3 GHz i7 w/8GB RAM, Macbook Pro Retina 15". My external is a Thunderbolt G-Drive.

This laptop should have high enough specs to run SDJ at the lowest latency, what gives? I did upgrade to 1.6.2.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:42 PM - 7 May, 2014
Hey Shan-One,

Thanks for getting in touch,
The issues you seem to have are issues we are aware of. They have been logged and we hope/plan to have them fixed in a future update :)

For now, the best CDJ 2000 experience with SDJ is to use HID MODE.
Here is a step guide on how to set that up -- serato.com

Thanks.
Shan-One 2:16 AM - 12 May, 2014
Ok it happened again with my buffer at 2. This time on my 62 with control vinyl. What are the best settings for the control panel for the 62? I notice this happens if it's a long set, like I've been running for more than 4 hours. The next buffer setting on SDJ was 5 and I was afraid if I moved up to that I might cut out all audio so I played internally for the rest of the night. I think I'm going back to ScratchLive until this is more stable.
pdidy 11:12 AM - 12 May, 2014
Quote:
I think I'm going back to ScratchLive until this is more stable.

good idea....

knowing playing live gigs on unstable gear is such a rookie move.

Be patient and dont risk your reputation for new features.....its just not worth it.
Mr. Goodkat 7:51 PM - 12 May, 2014
ive been playing at 5 ms just to be safe. i can run at 1 in SSL, never an issue.

i went back to 2.5 SSL for gigs and SDJ for prep/practice.
Shan-One 2:38 AM - 20 May, 2014
Did 1.6.3 fix this issue?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 5:26 PM - 22 May, 2014
Hey Shan-One,

Yes this timecode playback issue is fixed in 1.6.3
Shan-One 4:45 AM - 7 June, 2014
Ok thanks, I will try it at home but not at the club yet.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 7:22 PM - 7 June, 2014
Let me know how you get on :)
Shan-One 3:09 AM - 10 June, 2014
Hey Jamie W, another thread started and it seems the issue is still there in 1.6.3.

serato.com

I haven't been able to test it yet, just keeping you posted.

Shan
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:01 PM - 11 June, 2014
Hey Shan-One,

That thread looks like its about audio glitches and hiccups with both Vinyl and CD noisemap.
The issue in this thread I refer to as being fixed in the playback when using CDJs.
IE: when pressing the play button from a Cue point or start of the track the playhead moves forward from that point without glitching.

If you are having other issues or audio glitches during playback I suggest you start a help thread so our support team can help you resolve it.

Thanks.
deejdave 7:24 PM - 11 June, 2014
Do you still have the issue nor something?
Shan-One 7:01 PM - 12 June, 2014
Hello,

Seeing as there is a thread already with this time code problem , I won't make another.

There hasn't been a response yet on that thread from a moderator in regards to the issue still being there in SDJ 1.6.3.

Hope to hear something soon.

DJ SHAN
pdidy 2:01 AM - 13 June, 2014
Quote:
Hello,

Seeing as there is a thread already with this time code problem , I won't make another.

There hasn't been a response yet on that thread from a moderator in regards to the issue still being there in SDJ 1.6.3.

Hope to hear something soon.

DJ SHAN
Well that would be because most users don't know that they need to open a help request in order to get an official answer from a moderator. This thread is not a help request. Users should also open their own help requests and not rely on others.