Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pitch 'n Time LE AAX timing problem in Pro Tools 11.1.2/Mavericks 10.9.1

Product
Pitch 'n Time LE
Version
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
protoolsle
waynecohen 9:09 PM - 18 March, 2014
I’ve been noticing that Serato Pitch 'n Time LE AAX is drifting when time stretching from one tempo to another that’s only 1 or 2 bpm apart, in various Pro Tools 11 sessions, using various sources. The problem gets worse as the song progresses.

It’s quite disconcerting as the RTAS version of Pitch ’n Time LE has been my go-to for many years with NO timing problems, in earlier versions of Pro Tools.

Thanks in advance.

Best
Wayne
wayne@standupsongs.com
917 842 0759
www.waynecohensongs.com
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:34 PM - 20 March, 2014
Hey waynecohen,

Thanks for getting in touch. Nothing has change within the plugin itself in the update simple the support and slight GUI adjustments so it shouldn't behaviour any differently. What are the numbers you are using for the time-stretching, Ratio's etc? Please clarify your steps exactly please. Any screen shots could also help us to solve this issue would also be helpful.

Regards
Dave W
waynecohen 11:10 PM - 20 March, 2014
Dave
Thanks for your response. With all respect, I believe you need to get your facts straight. You are incorrect that the plugin itself is a simple update. The version of Pitch n Time LE I'm having trouble with is an entirely new AAX version of the plugin written specifically for Pro Tools 11.

The RTAS version was an entirely different plug in, that looked different and worked flawlessly. I had been using the previous RTAS version of Pitch n Time LE for over a decade without ANY issues.

Yesterday when I experienced the problem again with the AAX version of the plug, I had to go back to my old Pro Tools 9 rig in order to process the same drum stretch from 81 to 94bpm, which worked perfectly using the RTAS version of Pitch n Time. This was a waste of my time and a major inconvenience.

Again, with all respect, I've tried every possible ratio and setting with this new AAX configuration of the plugin to troubleshoot, and have had the same problem in every case. FYI I've also changed tempos from 128bpm to 126.5bpm, from 103 bpm to 101.5bpm and from 113 to 112bpm, all with the same drifting results. As a 5x million selling songwriter/producer, I really don't have time to send you screenshots, etc, re a plug-in for which I've already paid, and a problem that I know other Pro Tools 11 users are experiencing as well.

After also having been in touch with Avid about this, it's clear to me that the coding in the AAX version of Pitch n Time needs to be re-addressed.

If I do not receive a prompt response from Serato as to when an update will be available that fixes the problem I will make this issue well-publicized on the web.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best
Wayne Cohen

www.waynecohensongs.com
Serato, Support
David Wood 8:53 PM - 23 March, 2014
Quote:
You are incorrect that the plugin itself is a simple update. The version of Pitch n Time LE I'm having trouble with is an entirely new AAX version of the plugin written specifically for Pro Tools 11.

What I mean to say to clarify, is that the time-stretching algorithms themselves have not changed and the functionality and work follow adjustments are minor. Maybe the decimal values are incorrect or incomplete?
Quote:
a problem that I know other Pro Tools 11 users are experiencing as well.

Thank you for this information as we are not aware of any other users having this issue. If you have any other links to users who are expecting this issue, this would be very help, as we could also assist these other users too.
Quote:
As a 5x million selling songwriter/producer, I really don't have time to send you screenshots, etc, re a plug-in for which I've already paid,

I understand you are a busy individual with important projects and a high level of experience however to help troubleshoot your issue with Pitch 'n Time LE we do need to get screen shots to truly understand your process and then help you find a possible solution.

To how many decimal places do you make your calculation when using the plugin?
I'll do my best to help you find a solution for this issue as fast as possible. Look forward to seeing those screen shots.

Regards
Dave W
7:00 AM, 7 Apr 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
9:43 PM, 5 Mar 2015
Andy W attached a file: Wayne Cohen Screenshots Archive.zip
Download· Permalink