Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Hardware disconnected error Mavericks 10.9.2 Vestax VCI-300

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
damon tedesco 9:03 AM - 15 March, 2014
I have a new iMac running Mavericks 10.9.2 and I am trying to use my DJ controller the Vestax vci-300. I have the hardware disconnected error and it can not be seen my the itch software 2.2.2. The unit does see usb and from the audio midi system in the applications > utilities > audio midi, it is seen by the computer. I am disappointed that I will have to use my old laptop until i can get this resolved. Very frustrated!
damon tedesco 12:11 AM - 17 March, 2014
not fixed, yes i do been help!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:22 AM - 19 March, 2014
Hey Damon Tedesco,

If Serato DJ Intro is still not able to connect to your hardware when the controller is on and plugged in you may want to try opening up a finder window then going to: Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup > Window > Show MIDI Window. Scroll across till you see the VCI-300. When you have that icon highlighted turn off and unplug your controller. Then remove or delete that device.

Connect it again and try other USB ports,

Does this help?

Sam
pokayoke 10:07 PM - 19 March, 2014
Same Problem here, MacBook Pro 17", 10.9.2 ---> no compatible Hardware found.
Serato DJ 1.6 same Result :-(

Tested on all USB Ports.
pokayoke 10:16 PM - 19 March, 2014
In my Midi Window is no Vestax VCI 300
DJ_Fatal 1:50 AM - 21 March, 2014
Have u got it to work?

Same here i recently bought a Mac book pro running on OS X 10.9.2 and every time i open itch or the new software replacing itch (serato dj) it says hardware disconnected still. and the usb light on my numark ns7 just keeps blinking.

HELP PLEASE

i got a gig coming soon!!
DJ_Fatal 5:29 PM - 25 March, 2014
No worries, I figured it out your suppose to download a Numark driver! Its on serato or numark's website.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:38 AM - 28 March, 2014
Hey Guys,

You can get the NS7 drivers here: www.numark.com
damon tedesco 4:36 PM - 30 March, 2014
Sam GG, I have tried your suggestions repeatedly and have had no luck. Deleted, re-added the device, restarted, all usb inputs. No luck. I am using the older VCI-300 (not the II version) Could that be it? I think not because I see people with the same problem using new Pioneer DDJ-SX. Are there any updates to ITCH 2.2.2 to make it work with Mavericks?
damon tedesco 5:10 PM - 30 March, 2014
Sam GG, I am trying to make Serato DJ to work and that is not happening either. I downloaded that and it sees my library but it says "No Compatible DJ Devise Detected" When I scroll down the list it looks like muy VCI-300 is not compatible? Do I have to buy/activate a software key? I am stuck in the middle here with a new computer and hardware that is no longer supported? Please verify if you can. Damon
Coflo 8:06 PM - 30 March, 2014
Hey Damon, There are a bunch of threads all over the forums on this with your exact setup. It appears there is a large bug in the itch and new DJ software that simply doesn't detect the VCI 300 MKI on 10.9 Mavericks. Hopefully serato will fix soon.
damon tedesco 10:44 PM - 30 March, 2014
Thanks Coflo, yes it looks grim. I really want to use my new computer! :) Hope it happens soon!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 3:11 AM - 1 April, 2014
Could you guys try following these steps here: serato.com (they are for a pioneer device but the steps are the same) Let me know if it helps,

Sam
damon tedesco 5:29 PM - 2 April, 2014
Hey everyone! This worked!!!

1. Connect/power on hardware
2. Open Audio MIDI setup > Window> Show MIDI Window
3. Re-set the Change Configuration drop down from 'Default' to 'New Configuration' (I named it VCI-300 and saved the configuration and it worked.

This issue only effects users who have connected their hardware for the first time on OSX Mavericks 10.9.2

Thanks Sam GG and Serato for your help! Damon
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:56 AM - 4 April, 2014
No worries :)

Sam