DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

ENFERNO - Live Remix Project - Promo Vid with WMC Footage

DJ Enferno 12:12 AM - 31 March, 2006
What's up! Just wanted to say thanks to the Rane folks for letting me debut my Live Remix Project in their exhibit room at the Remix Hotel (Miami). I uploaded some video of both the Remix Hotel and the WMC Wyndham Poolside performance. I'm using Serato with a Trigger Finger midi controller, as well as Ableton Live, hard/soft-synths, and other midi controllers.

Check out the video at:

www.myspace.com
or
Watchyoutube.com
djransom 12:27 AM - 31 March, 2006
Nice vid Enferno.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:56 AM - 31 March, 2006
excellent
Julls 1:03 AM - 31 March, 2006
DAMN! Enferno...always rockin it!!! KILLER video bro. Keep doing what you do best!
punosion 2:40 AM - 31 March, 2006
Holy shit, dude...that's some sick-ass shit you're rockin' there! MAD props...keep doing your thing!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:34 AM - 31 March, 2006
yo Enferno, superb job bro! man, makes me wanna fire up the ol' Ensoniq EPS :)

hey, regarding that live remix of "I can feel it"... can u do something with "Jack n Diane" & that one song from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (the MTV video where they are in a desert...where it starts off with that mini boombox half buried in tha sand)

- dj mike coquilla
Sim 6:50 AM - 31 March, 2006
*bows down*

Im not worthy, Im not worthy!
Spider 11:54 AM - 31 March, 2006
Killin it dog! Crazy shit.. the blends are nice too on the myspace page.. check mine at www.myspace.com

peace!
Digiram 12:53 PM - 31 March, 2006
Off Da Hook!!!!!!!!. Thanks for the vid bro.
DeezNotes 1:44 PM - 31 March, 2006
That is a man that loves the art. Keep that shit up man! Excellent work.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:54 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
Killin it dog! Crazy shit.. the blends are nice too on the myspace page.. check mine at www.myspace.com

peace!

yo Spider, not bad yo self! diggin dem blendz yo

- dj mike coquilla
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:19 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
yo Enferno, superb job bro! man, makes me wanna fire up the ol' Ensoniq EPS :)

hey, regarding that live remix of "I can feel it"... can u do something with "Jack n Diane" & that one song from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (the MTV video where they are in a desert...where it starts off with that mini boombox half buried in tha sand)

- dj mike coquilla

also, have u considered adding one of those alesis or roland devices that use motion sensors... would add a touch of dramatics to your live sets
Konix 4:26 PM - 31 March, 2006
Mad respect Enferno. That ish was ill. Keep up the good work man.
DJ Enferno 4:46 PM - 31 March, 2006
Spider... hot blends! We gotta hook up next time I'm on the West Coast bro. Congrats on the Rockstar contest.

Mike Coquilla, I can do some stuff with Jack n Diane, but I'm not sure which Tom Petty song you're talking about. I love the 80s! I haven't seen the motion sensor devices you're talking about.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:44 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
Mike Coquilla, I can do some stuff with Jack n Diane, but I'm not sure which Tom Petty song you're talking about. I love the 80s! I haven't seen the motion sensor devices you're talking about.

alesis --> www.soundonsound.com

roland --> www.rolandus.com (check out the upper left corner)
DECEPTION808 11:13 PM - 31 March, 2006
that shit was amazing
DJ Enferno 11:56 PM - 31 March, 2006
Mike Coquilla... that Alesis effects thing is pretty cool. It'd make you look like a magician lol
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:42 AM - 1 April, 2006
Quote:
Mike Coquilla... that Alesis effects thing is pretty cool. It'd make you look like a magician lol

maybe if u did't prefer to use the efx, might u be able to assign a midi channel for some parameter or use to thumb through different sequences/drum patterns.
DJ Enferno 1:59 AM - 1 April, 2006
Is that Deception from Nocturnal Sound in Hawaii? Aloha bro!
DECEPTION808 7:49 AM - 1 April, 2006
yea mang
sup Enferno... that shit you do is super innovating i would love to catch that live. anyway bro keep on with what your doing its dope

yo solution said what it do
GoodVibez 6:20 PM - 1 April, 2006
Mad respekt keep doin that shit.
Can I live in a tent in your backyard so I can learn from you.
DJ Enferno 6:36 PM - 1 April, 2006
Tell Solution and the rest of NSK what up for me.
djxatl 3:15 PM - 5 April, 2006
i love it
E-Double 7:10 PM - 5 April, 2006
Damn, that was sick bro!!! Very nice :)
mister iLL 10:16 PM - 5 April, 2006
ah, i could do that....

...not! that is some inspiring stuff, enferno. amazing.
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome 11:48 PM - 5 April, 2006
Offtopic:

Hey, Enferno when's the last time you talked to Perce? The last time I saw him was when he was moving to Cali. I haven't talked to him since.

Anyways, you impressed me at GW when I met you with Perce, James and DJ's United. I'm not at all surprised seeing you have all this success. *thumbs up*

It's good to see another flip-brother making it in this cold-hearted industry. Props to you, sir.
DJ Enferno 4:26 AM - 6 April, 2006
Wow, you know Perce?? Is he married yet? He's still in LA, and living with his girlfriend (and I believe fiance). Maaan, DJs United.. that brings back memories!

Dude, is that E-Double from Chicago?
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome 7:22 PM - 6 April, 2006
I honestly don't know if he's married, yet. I knew Perce best when he was involved with Singles For Christ.

Wen L (remember GW Filipino Club) is a close family friend with my wife and he keeps contact with Perce on occassion. Wen L lives in Cali too. That's about as much contact I have with him now. We all went our seperate ways.

I'm not sure what you're reference to E-Double is though.

Keep up the good work, bud.
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome 7:29 PM - 6 April, 2006
Oh, and when I said "It's good to see another flip-brother making it in this cold-hearted industry." I wasn't including myself. I was refering to Q-bert, Black-Eyed Peas, etc. just to clarify.

I'm just a bedroom DJ. ;)
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome 7:55 PM - 6 April, 2006
Now that I think about it, it was at the FIND conference at GW that I first saw you performing with Ed, Perce, etc. Wen L was a FIND chairperson from UMCP. Man, my memory isn't what it used to be.

Peace.
DJ Enferno 12:05 AM - 7 April, 2006
E-Double posted a couple of posts above yours. That's who I'm referring to.

Cool man, good to hear from you. I haven't seen Wendal in a while. Small world. Take it easy man.
DJ AM 9:59 PM - 29 April, 2006
Im speechless... That was prolly the illest thing I have ever seen a DJ do live... BANONKERS!!!!! (thats bananas and bonkers in one word)
whitematic 1:50 AM - 30 April, 2006
Enferno, That was some next level shit...I had a hard time getting my mind around all that was going on and all that you were doing. Mad Props for some Mad Skills.
DJ Xplisit 3:15 AM - 30 April, 2006
MAN! That shit is crazzy b....Keep doin ya thing....I love seeing DJ's do crazy things like this. A DJ I role with told me that he was with A-Trak at a Kanye afterparty, and A-Trak actually made the Get By beat by Talib Kweli, using a guitar pedal, turntables, and I think like a sampler, and a drum machine or some shit...Shit is crazzy! Keep it real
mexicannnnnn 4:27 AM - 30 April, 2006
Enferno, that was a great vid. Your extreamly talented and you have full control over the energy of the room.

I'm speachless watching that vid.
DJ Enferno 8:45 AM - 30 April, 2006
'banonkers' hahah I gotta write that one down! Thanks folks.

btw, A-Trak is now using Ableton for his loop routines. Anyone in DC gonna catch his show at 930 club on Monday (5/1)?
s42000 7:58 PM - 30 April, 2006
Quote:
*bows down*

Im not worthy, Im not worthy!

ME TOO !!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 9:09 PM - 30 April, 2006
Hey Enferno, thanks for the performance in Miami ... if anyone gets the chance to see this set live, you must, it's incredible!
DJ M.O.S 9:51 PM - 6 May, 2006
Wow...
zomanno 10:24 PM - 6 May, 2006
ERIC! On point as usual.. You already have my regard but I wanted to show u some love on the skratchlive forum..
Keep doin' it big.. VA ALL DAY!!
703 Stand up!
Mad Erb 9:34 PM - 17 June, 2006
super ill shit! your energy is major!
DJ Limelight 1:56 AM - 18 June, 2006
Seriously probably the dopest, most multi-tasked thing I've seen a DJ do in my life.
DJLorrence 2:16 AM - 18 June, 2006
wow. if i had 6 arms and two brains i think i could do that. think.
deejayfatcat 1:13 PM - 18 June, 2006
Yo enferno, nice job, good to see someone pushing the live performance boundries. Ride the pitch (instead of working the platter) on U2 to get smoother tempo control!