Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pitch N Time Not Working Please Help

Product
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJKaotic1 9:10 AM - 4 March, 2014
I purchased the pitch n time and as far as I read you're supposed to be able to adjust the time to extremely low or high tempos without changing the pitch although I can't seem to get it to work...It worked for one track the other night but after that it stopped. I have it activated in Expansion Pack tab in the settings screen. I have Serato DJ 1.6 update running with the Pioneer ddj-sx with a macbook pro 16 gig ram and 1 dedicated video ram. I would really like to be able to find out why it is not doing the extreme pitch and time.

thanks for any help
4:06 AM, 31 May 2014
Discussion moved to Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-in Help
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:15 PM - 2 June, 2014
Hi DJKaotic1,

Pitch 'n Time DJ is only a keylock algorithm that increases the quality of the keylock. It does not 'slow down' or 'speed up' your tracks to extreme speeds.

The available pitch range is only what is available on your controller, as it is hardware dependant - usually the pitch range for most controllers is 8%, 16% and 50%.

Regards
dj ez-hutch 1:08 AM - 1 November, 2014
does pitch n time work with the ddj-sx2
dj ez-hutch 1:09 AM - 1 November, 2014
anyone else having major sound issues like crackling with, the NS 6
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:42 PM - 2 November, 2014
Hi dj ez-hutch,

Quote:
does pitch n time work with the ddj-sx2

Yes it will. Pitch 'n Time DJ replaces the Serato DJ keylock algorithm for a much higher quality keylock, and can be used by all controllers. You just need to purchase it in the MY SERATO online panel and activate the Expansion Pack in the SETUP screen of the software.

Quote:
anyone else having major sound issues like crackling with, the NS 6

Sorry, but this might not be the best place to be troubleshooting if you are having any issues with your hardware or computer running Serato DJ. Please start a help request here (support.serato.com) describing your issue and one of our support staff will be able to help you out there :)

Thanks
Dj Mad Cam 2:41 AM - 25 February, 2015
i just bought pitch n time and it doesn't work
Dj Mad Cam 2:43 AM - 25 February, 2015
i just bought pitch n time and it doesn't work on pioneer dj ddj sr
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:02 AM - 25 February, 2015
Hi Dj Mad Cam,

Pitch n' Time DJ works great with the DDJ-SR, make sure you have it enabled in the Expansion Packs section of the SETUP screen and you see the Keylock icon in the virtual deck change to the "Pitch 'n Time DJ" icon. When ever Pitch 'n Time DJ is turned on it will keep your pitch while you slow down or speed up the tempo of your track.

If you are having troubles getting it activated, or have further questions, it would be best to start your own help request here > support.serato.com. One of our support team members can troubleshoot your issue specifically.

Regards