Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Track jumping back to start of track

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark V7
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
MarcJ 8:01 AM - 23 February, 2014
When I move the pitch slider or fx slider the track on the left deck (master)jumps back to the start. This sometimes occurres on the right deck but not as frequently.
I had this issue on Itch but it is more prevalent in DJ.
I have a small library fully analysed, latest drivers, MacBook Pro i7. 2.6, 8gb ram, osx mountain lion.
Regards
DJ Padida 3:21 PM - 23 February, 2014
Yup happens on my setup usually when i change the pitch on the slave deck it causes the master deck to jump back to the beginning even with slip mode on or when it's not playing. It also jumps to the end too. I did have this problem in itch. But it's more frequent in sdj as you said.

serato.com
Serato, Support
Mak T 9:26 PM - 4 March, 2014
Hey MarcJ,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. This is strange that this is occurring:

- How often does this occur? Does it occur after a specific period of time?

- Does this issue occur with specific files?

- When you are moving the FX slider and this issue occurs, what FX are you using? Does it only happen with this particular FX?

- Any chance you could make a video of this issue occurring? I'll do some testing on this issue myself as well!

Cheers

Mak T
amada32 12:03 PM - 6 March, 2014
This has been happening to me since the early days of itch. I saw a thread that mentioned disconnecting the strip search bar. I disconnected it and haven't had the issue since. It's a little extreme for a solution, and you have to reconnect the strip search to re-calibrate, but I never used the strip search anyway so it worked for me. You can get to the strip search ribbon cable if you unscrew all of the screws on the bottom. Just be careful because the 4 screws around the motor are a different threading than the other screws and set the unit upside down on a pillow or something soft if you decide to pull the cable.

Somehow, the strip search goes bad and starts throwing out midi signals at random (I checked mine with MidiMonitor). Mine would jump to the beginning without either of my 2 V7s being touched. I wish there was a way to disable strip search from the software but until then pulling the ribbon cable works for me.
MarcJ 5:20 PM - 6 March, 2014
Hey Mak T.
I'm workin away this week so I can't test the v7s out until the weekend.
Cheers Marc J
Dj Silq 2:31 AM - 10 March, 2014
i had the same problem all this week getting ready for my gig and yup it happened during my gig.
It happened like 3 or 4 different times, track will be playing on one deck and while I'm on other deck, it jumps back to the beginning of the song.one good thing was that it was a least on beat!!!!! so no one really picked it up
i don't use the strip {slider} ever

MAK T - can't really video the problem, because it just happens out of no where
7:02 PM, 23 Mar 2014
MarcJ attached a file: trim.7DE394D7-596A-4CA3-9478-79074CC03FE4.MOV
Download· Permalink
MarcJ 7:02 PM - 23 March, 2014
I've uploaded a video of the problem here, apologies for the quality but you should get an idea of what is going on.
Cheers
Marc J
sweetL 7:33 PM - 26 May, 2014
I would like to join this discussion, as it happened to me five times at my gig on saturday.

I ended up needing to instant double everything over.

S
sweetL 8:47 AM - 29 September, 2015
I didn't come back to say I fixed this.

I had to replace the touch strip.
DJ Rich Scratch 11:28 AM - 1 October, 2015
Good Morning I'm an Old School Dj But I just switched over to digital I brought some ortofon pro needles I have had them about least 5year's never; had no problems with them. I Had replace turntable cable s twice I said Fuc- Shi- I brought rca phillips cables. Never no more problems Now when starting have problems I have about 4 sets dj needles. I'M using numark n4 cutting edge mixer one of the best every used. Ortofon should start making different colors stylus needles.u I replace stylus ortofon digitrack stylus it started dragging. I thought my grounding wire was bad I put stanton 680hp perfect for vinyl serato dvs no problem s. I thank what went wrong with ortofon. They are high quality needles. So I replace digitrack with the Pro styles that's starting dragging. I went my settings on Serato Box green circle fine but dragging shit running me crazy. Yall I love this Dj thang.
JERONIMO S. GUARLOTT 1:43 AM - 6 October, 2015
Hello, I am having the same problem, the track on DECK A, is jumping over the least 60% of range, preventing the normal execution.

- It is taking place both in YOSEMITE system as the WINDOWS 10.
- Is also occurring with any track, analyzed or not.
- Since I disabled the SEARCH sensor, but not resolved.
Dj Marc MC 2:32 AM - 14 October, 2015
Its been happening to me also recently. I run the latest version of Serato DJ on a newish 2014 Macbook Pro, NS7. Its so in-frequent but happen twice this past weekend. Can we find a solution to this problem Serato?
JERONIMO S. GUARLOTT 6:39 PM - 23 October, 2015
installed the 1.7.5 version and the problem was not, all sorted now.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 3:05 PM - 8 January, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'd like to chime in here. We've addressed this issue on our Numark forum regarding this. Also the latest versions of Serato DJ have rectified this. No matter if you're using a V7 or NS7 series controller, read the following thread to help you out - community.numark.com.

As a reminder, we recommend you having the latest version of Serato DJ installed. Log onto serato.com to download and install the latest version of Serato DJ.
2:00 AM, 23 Jan 2016
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.