Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

i have Pioneer CDJ350 controller support me for the controller to control Serato

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
PC
OS
Windows 8.1
Platform
-
oseagheo@yahoo.com 1:41 PM - 22 February, 2014
I connect the RANE SL 2 to my windows 8.1 as usual and Then I connect the CDJ 350's to my windows 8.1 After This I Open Serato DJ. The SL2 is detected by the Software, No Problems! But when i select the PC mode on the 350 it doesnt ask me to 'Select Deck' Like it does
8:38 PM, 24 Feb 2014
Discussion moved to Pioneer Hardware Help
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:55 AM - 25 February, 2014
Hi There,

Thanks for get in touch with us. Currently we are working on CDJ350 HID control support for Serato DJ. However we do not have a set date for support therefore I can not tell you when we going to start supporting CDJ350 unfortunately. Hopefully we can announce this support sometime very soon.

Thanks for your support.

Kind Regards
Rui
7:00 AM, 11 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
oseagheo@yahoo.com 2:57 AM - 27 March, 2014
sand me the youtube video of support for Serato DJ 1.6.0 to work CDJ 350 ok Thanks
Serato, Support
Rui K 3:37 AM - 1 April, 2014
Quote:
Hi There,

Thanks for get in touch with us. Currently we are working on CDJ350 HID control support for Serato DJ. However we do not have a set date for support therefore I can not tell you when we going to start supporting CDJ350 unfortunately. Hopefully we can announce this support sometime very soon.

Thanks for your support.

Kind Regards
Rui
oseagheo@yahoo.com 12:21 PM - 9 August, 2014
how to use CDJ 350 to serato dj 1.6.3
deejdave 12:56 AM - 11 August, 2014
What don't you understand? The CDJ-350 is NOT supported by Serato DJ yet? Rui has gone out of his way (twice) to let you know that it WILL be supported in the future.
Ariel M 10:04 PM - 17 August, 2014
Not to hijack this thread. I'm really hoping CDJ400 will get supported with Serato DJ too. As far as I know 350 & 400 is almost identical it's just that the 400 is an old model.
deejdave 10:07 PM - 17 August, 2014
CDJ-400 is USB 1.1 as it is old.
CDJ-350 is USB 2.0 as it is current.

Their similarities DON'T go much further than their appearances. While I don't think it would be impossible keep in mind USB 1.1 is the EXACT fault that led to the SL1 and TTM57SL being cut from the support list.
Ariel M 10:20 PM - 17 August, 2014
deejdave, well I'm just hoping. Thanks though :)

Anyways, DDJ-SX2 is coming out soon, I guess can I hook up my CDJ400s with this controller as it has four external inputs for connection of CD players, analog turntables and microphones, etc. to run Serato DJ. If I understand it correctly then I will sell my DDJ-SX once the new model is out in the market.
deejdave 10:35 PM - 17 August, 2014
Correct being the SX2 is DVS compatible this setup will work exactly as you describe.
Daniel Ventura 8:56 PM - 18 August, 2014
has nothing to do with usb 1.1 cdj 800 is 1.1 too and also the ddj sy is usb 1.1 ;-)
Daniel Ventura 8:57 PM - 18 August, 2014
meant ddj sx sry
Daniel Ventura 8:57 PM - 18 August, 2014
and cdj 850 of course...
deejdave 12:48 AM - 19 August, 2014
Yeah you totally boofed up those names no biggie LOL.

According to block diagrams the CDJ-850 is in fact USB 2.0. Furthermore I will give a little insight here the CDJ-350 is an older and cheaper player with the USB 2.0 being very widely known as seen here www.bootic.com
Now why would they give the 350's USB 2.0 but the nerwer and more expensive 850's 1.1? Even furthermore every CDJ since the 900 & 2000's have been USB 2.0 so why would they skip the 850's which again are newer?

I also remember a firmware update regarding USB 2.0/3.0 for the CDJ-850 although that may have been for the USB type A connector.

The DDJ-SX IS USB 1.1 BUT then again this does not work the same way as HID. It is Midi.

I mean agai this was only an assumption as far as the CDJ-400 not being supported. Who knows if it will actually happen and TBH I don't know for a fact that the USB 1.1 was ever really a real problem to begin with. Just pointing out facts is all and as far as I can tell (by every source I can find confirming) the CDJ-850's are in fact USB 2.0. If I actually had a pair I would simply connect like I did with the 900's & 2000's to check of they come up as generic USB 2.0 devices.
deejdave 2:27 AM - 19 August, 2014
The SX being Midi and NOT HID is as far as I know I should say as I have not researched that. I can easily find that out by plugging in my SX an seeing if it comes up as a Human Interface device.
Daniel Ventura 8:39 AM - 19 August, 2014
the sx is controlled via hid, but mixing happens in sdj internal so ist no Problem to send a single stream over usb 1.1.

cdj 850: i owned 850 for a year or so, and they connected as usb 1.1 devices on win and mac (without a hub).
since the internals of 350 and 850 are somehow indentical it's possible that the 350s are also 1.1 but not sure (never owned them).
Nacho Ruiz 5:12 PM - 16 September, 2014
CDJ-350 and CDJ-400 work fine with Scratch Live, so I don't understand why USB 1.1 is the problem with Serato DJ...
deejdave 9:27 PM - 16 September, 2014
USB 1.1 was the problem for the SL1 & TTM57SL. Daniel above says the 350 is 1.1 but every bit of research I have done leads to 2.0. It is flat out stated in some of the links I provided and the block diagram schematics of similar units show 2.0. Then again i could not obtain (without paying) the actual 350 block diagram and I own/have owned the CDJ-900, 2000 & 2000Nexus's but nothing lower so I would not know for sure. The CDJ-400 is definitely 1.1 though.

Then again this is purely speculation anyways as who knows if it poses an actual problem in bringing them to SDJ. I would definitely not hold my breath for the CDJ-400 though. That is by all means an old device and not current in any way. Just my thought though. I would expect to see 350 support soon though.
Nacho Ruiz 10:08 PM - 16 September, 2014
In Scratch Live, with SL1 CDJ's can't be played without the time code CDs, am I wrong? But with SL2, SL3 and SL4, CDJ-400 are supported... so if USB 1.1 is not a problem in Scratch Live, I expected it also worked in Serato DJ with the SL2, SL3 and SL4
deejdave 11:37 PM - 16 September, 2014
Yes you are wrong. Cdj's DO work with hid in ssl just as they do with sdj and hid removes the need for time code. This is kind of backwards logic. This is like saying well the sl1 and ttm57sl works with ssl so i expect it to work with sdj. You can expect it but the fact remains Serato has staed that due to USB 1.1 the sl1 and 57 can not work with sdj. How true it is or whatever is a whole different speculation but the fact still remains.

As I said though I would think the cdj-350 will be supported but the cdj-400 is not by any means current. Not knocking them. I had them and found them to be great players. Just calling them. Current would be erroneous in my opinion is all.
nikodb 12:30 AM - 26 September, 2014
Dont really think 1.1 over 2.0 is the issue here...they are just ruling out most discontinued models from DJ...do believe its more down on the marketing side, rather the technical factors...

These players are only accessories after all and shouldn't absolutely require a 2.0 just for Midi In-Out data...Seems like they would have to spend a lot of development time for no profit and sadly for us..we ll just have to upgrade...

Cheers
Nik
nikodb 12:33 AM - 26 September, 2014
350s on the way though, is very good news though, was not aware of that till now :)
deejdave 1:06 AM - 26 September, 2014
If you saw that elsewhere that IS certainly great news but in regards to my posts I am just stating my opinion on the matter.

Also don't let my bringing up the USB 1.1 point lead you to think I believe that is the real reason at all. I was merely trying to put myself in a different perspective and anticipate the reason/s in which we won't see the 400 get support. I am willing to bet it will just never happen is all. From a business perspective it actually makes no sense. I would guess the only ones it makes sense to is the actual owners of CDJ-400's obviously. Again NOT a put down as the 400's were EXCELLENT players during their time. I just feel that time has passed is all. Try to see the big picture and realize I mean no harm. I promise it is not personal.

The 350's are however both current and great players and I would see this as a huge let down if they didn't get support.
nikodb 3:48 AM - 26 September, 2014
Hey man...we are all just sharing our opinions in this...Nothing personal here also, but let me clarify why i said that...

USB 1.1 has proven sufficient for the cdj 400 HID quite some time now with SL and you may be running two native players with SL at almost no processing cost..That player on Serato HID will only transmit and receive the same amount of MIDI data, as its hardware was always designed to, nothing more or less....but most importantly...you wouldn't even use its internal soundcard, massively reducing the need for a USB2.0 communication protocol....Rane interfaces and mixers are also Serato sound-cards, so thats a way different scenario in terms of data over USB...They significantly use of a lot more resources, than a couple of HID players...Its all about data amount proccessing and speed in few words, but you dont even use the cdjs soundcard.

With that said...i do believe that the only good reason that players like the 400s will never be supported in Serato Dj, is from the Pioneers marketing side...Should Pioneer decided to pay Serato to implement HID for them, as they did with the rest of their players for DJ(850-900-2000 etc)...i believe it could sure happen and most likely a USB 1.1 would still meet Serato quality standards, as it did happen earlier with SL (same player, same data in-out of the hardware, still no sound-card used)...but the 400s even though brilliant and capable, are quite ome time now discontinued models... Pioneer will have absolutely no benefit from this, at this moment simply because, They sell them no more! So no sense, business-wise.

Having Serato HID on a current model like the 350 is another story though...its clearly a marketing benefit..They DO currently sell them and These players will be running natively on top software :) That makes sense.

Cheers
Nik

P.S. As for the 350 HID..Rui commented of that on the beginning of this thread...I was very happy to see that :)
Nacho Ruiz 8:36 AM - 26 September, 2014
Pioneer should design a thin 10'' "CDJ without CD", just HID. Assured Success
nikodb 9:33 AM - 26 September, 2014
Quote:
Pioneer should design a thin 10'' "CDJ without CD", just HID. Assured Success

A 12inch with a cdj 2000 like screen and a USB stick, would be a cool addition too...I think its a matter of time to see all these happen.... :)
nikodb 4:46 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Hi There,

Thanks for your support.

Kind Regards
Rui

Hey Rui...

Is HID on 350s abandoned maybe ? been waiting almost a year for it :(

Cheers
Nik
oseagheo@yahoo.com 4:55 PM - 2 December, 2014
how to use CDJ 350 to serato dj 1.7.2 the one thanks DJ JVC
nikodb 5:14 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
how to use CDJ 350 to serato dj 1.7.2 the one thanks DJ JVC

Timecode Discs Only
yuanx 11:26 AM - 8 December, 2014
please support cdj400 & cdj 350.

many pubs and clubs have cdj350 and 400 .

I do not see why leave the bracket with Serato dj taking the job done with scratch live .

having to repress us to use other software and not our favorite software not only support
djchin0 12:29 AM - 9 December, 2014
Please Please I beg u , I love serato dj with my ddjsx but now i whant use 4 deck 1 dd. sx and 2 cdj 350 so please support cdi 350 thanks. :-)
Ariel M 1:24 AM - 9 December, 2014
Quote:

I do not see why leave the bracket with Serato dj taking the job done with scratch live .

having to repress us to use other software and not our favorite software not only support

+1 Gazillion!!!
oseagheo@yahoo.com 1:33 AM - 10 December, 2014
i love serato dj please support cdj400 & cdj 350.
SHINOX 11:39 AM - 15 December, 2014
all redy bought a pioneer cdj 350 but no support on serato dj ... Come on Serato U are the best company & the best dj software on the planet at this moment and have no support for cdj 350? Traktor have support Virtual dj have support that is much to say!! let's go people work on this please please please...
Daniel Ventura 6:58 AM - 16 December, 2014
Traktor has no support for 350. SSL mixvibes and VDj have support ;-)
deejdave 7:36 AM - 16 December, 2014
www.pioneerelectronics.com Official Pioneer DJ manual using CDJ-350 with Traktor Pro 2
Daniel Ventura 7:45 AM - 16 December, 2014
This is just lousy midi... Not to compare with hid ;-)
deejdave 7:56 AM - 16 December, 2014
You are correct but TBH I have heard the 350's integration with Traktor is not half bad.

It is always funny seeing the diversity with this HID thing.

Some are ACHING for the HID support and just can't understand WTF is taking Serato so long.

Some are using CDJ-2000's/900's and have no idea of HID at all.

Some are even told of HID and REFUSE to try it and stick with their DVS.

Some have used the HID and say it is garbage.

Some SWEAR by HID.

This is all just observation. I am probably the latter in that I LOVE the HID feel. I have only had one HID related bug to date though related to the large library which was worsened by HID.

As I mentioned prior (somewhere) with the addition of the XDJ-1000 the chances for HID for the lower end CDJ's from Serato is probably slim at best so I am NOT saying it DEF won't come................ just saying be prepared for the worst JUST in case.
oseagheo@yahoo.com 11:00 AM - 16 December, 2014
I receive this message from Serato Rui K 4:37 AM - 1 April, 2014 Thanks for get in touch with us. Currently we are working on CDJ 350 HID control support for Serato DJ. However we do not have a set date for support therefore I can not tell you when we going to start supporting CDJ350 unfortunately. Hopefully we can announce this support sometime very soon. Your support to CDJ 350 is taking so long serato Thanks DJ jvc Italy
Daniel Ventura 11:01 AM - 16 December, 2014
lol same here in Germany, so many DJs don't know how to hid :-) most of them playing with timecode in cdj 2000nxs.
i love hid with Traktor serato hid is till crap, and you still Need the external soundcard for this. i just want to hook up with 2 usb without rewiring etc. on an existing Setup. also Traktor is nearly completly remappable in hid mode and rock stable - just love it.
mixvibes has top hid Integration too with internal soundcards but no remapping.
deejdave 7:46 PM - 16 December, 2014
You have PERSONALLY tried the HID with Mixvibes Cross? I have spent probably 3 hours (time totaled up from every time I visit the site) at the "Purchase now" button debating if I should do it. The worst part is with their Rekordbox SYNC option I have my full library 100% ready to go.

What are your overall thoughts. Mainly the pro's and con's if you find the time I appreciate it!!
deejdave 7:48 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
I receive this message from Serato Rui K 4:37 AM - 1 April, 2014 Thanks for get in touch with us. Currently we are working on CDJ 350 HID control support for Serato DJ. However we do not have a set date for support therefore I can not tell you when we going to start supporting CDJ350 unfortunately. Hopefully we can announce this support sometime very soon. Your support to CDJ 350 is taking so long serato Thanks DJ jvc Italy

I remember hearing something about it myself. The thing is there is always room for human error, things not working out, impossibility and lastly (what I think happened) contract agreements to support forthcoming gear instead of legacy gear.

In short the support of current gear prevents sale of newer gear. NOT saying I support this in any way...................... just saying the way things are is all.
deejdave 4:59 AM - 17 December, 2014
Quote:
You have PERSONALLY tried the HID with Mixvibes Cross? I have spent probably 3 hours (time totaled up from every time I visit the site) at the "Purchase now" button debating if I should do it. The worst part is with their Rekordbox SYNC option I have my full library 100% ready to go.

What are your overall thoughts. Mainly the pro's and con's if you find the time I appreciate it!!

You know I just remembered ONE thing that leads me to questioning there strategies STRAIGHT away. The Price for Cross DJ is $34.The price for the upgrade from there is $89 totaling = $123

OR save some cash and buy Cross straight up for ................ $129!!! WTF? Makes NO sense. You actually save money by purchasing CrossDJ THEN upgrading from there? I dunno LOL
deejdave 4:59 AM - 17 December, 2014
SHINOX 4:14 PM - 27 December, 2014
what is cross dj? it good ? any review? how works on a club gig? it's safe? we can trust in this Cross Dj ?
Daniel Ventura 8:19 PM - 27 December, 2014
yes you can trust mixvibes:-) it's rock stable and mixvibes is the creator of pioneers rekordbox ;-)
Dj KeDD-e 1:17 AM - 23 January, 2015
Can you use 2 XDJ1000's as deck 3 and 4 plugged into a SZ?
nikodb 2:17 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

Yes...Any native cdj , or any deck on timecode disk or vinyl can be used.
deejdave 2:50 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Not so true. It IS possible but the XDJ-1000 does not support timecode as it does not have a CDJ drive. I suppose you COULD use the USB media option and play a time code MP3 but you lose SOOO much. Plainly put that is not what it was designed for. It was designed for HIS use which is MUCH better anyways and YES you can use it to control decks 3 & 4 (or even 1 & 2 duplicated) on the SZ.
Dj KeDD-e 2:56 AM - 23 January, 2015
So basically I'd be better off with a cdj2000 or 900? I was worried bout it not having the cd drive, but also wanted to save a little money if I could
nikodb 2:57 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not so true. It IS possible but the XDJ-1000 does not support timecode as it does not have a CDJ drive. I suppose you COULD use the USB media option and play a time code MP3 but you lose SOOO much. Plainly put that is not what it was designed for. It was designed for HIS use which is MUCH better anyways and YES you can use it to control decks 3 & 4 (or even 1 & 2 duplicated) on the SZ.

Like i said...Any Native cdj can be used for 3rd 4rd deck control (like the xdj 1000).....or any other player can be used on timecodes or turntable on vinyl timecodes....so actually very true and accurate
Dj KeDD-e 2:59 AM - 23 January, 2015
has anyone tested this..?
nikodb 3:00 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
So basically I'd be better off with a cdj2000 or 900? I was worried bout it not having the cd drive, but also wanted to save a little money if I could

Xdjs are absolutely fine ......cdj 900s and xdjs have a similar price,,,they do not require timecode disks because they can be used natively as contrillers to serato...just pick the one you think suits you best...it will come down to the player you prefer...
Dj KeDD-e 3:02 AM - 23 January, 2015
If I go xdj can I use the rca's? Or do I have to use the HID or USB to contact as deck 3 and 4?
Dj KeDD-e 3:03 AM - 23 January, 2015
Connect**
nikodb 3:04 AM - 23 January, 2015
No need for rcas, you can use them natively...
deejdave 3:05 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

I am not trying to piss anyone off BUT.......... The XDJ-1000 is NOT a cdj. It is NOT a deck that can play timecode disc OR vinyl? How would this answer apply to the XDJ-1000 at all?

Quote:
has anyone tested this..?

I have NOT heard a single person even try to use the XDJ with timecode. I am not even sure it is possible. I am just assuming it is although you lose just about EVERY feature the XDJ brings to the table even if it does work.

In terms of what you want to use I would wait a bit. The HID behavior on the most recent player the CDJ900Nexus was NOT all that and there has not been enough testing with teh XDJ to make a fair assessment.
Quote:
If I go xdj can I use the rca's? Or do I have to use the HID or USB to contact as deck 3 and 4?

Either or but for SDJ you will want to use USB with HID.
nikodb 3:05 AM - 23 January, 2015
Man get a life
Dj KeDD-e 3:07 AM - 23 January, 2015
? My plan is to use my sz for my "mixer" and deck 1&2 using the same laptop and "mixer" have the xdj's as decks 3&4... So then how would I connect the xdj's
deejdave 3:08 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

The best option would be to connect via USB AND RAC though. This way you have the option to use the files on USB media, Rekordbox as well as Serato via HID.
deejdave 3:10 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
USB AND RAC

*RCA
Quote:
? My plan is to use my sz for my "mixer" and deck 1&2 using the same laptop and "mixer" have the xdj's as decks 3&4... So then how would I connect the xdj's

SZ straight to the laptop via USB no matter what. The USB's for the XDJ-1000's could be connected to the laptop via powered USB hub.
Dj KeDD-e 3:12 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
USB AND RAC

*RCA
Quote:

SZ straight to the laptop via USB no matter what. The USB's for the XDJ-1000's could be connected to the laptop via powered USB hub.

Ok so it really couldn't control the decks in serato without having them plugged in via the usb hub. Basically my plan for the sz being the true "mixer" wouldn't work unless I have the timecode cd...cdjs
deejdave 3:15 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Ok so it really couldn't control the decks in serato without having them plugged in via the usb hub. Basically my plan for the sz being the true "mixer" wouldn't work unless I have the timecode cd...cdjs

Again it theoretically "should" by using a timecode MP3,WAV etc. although you may be defeating the purpose and above all I have not heard how well it does this if at all.

If this is all you need why not go for a much cheaper option like the CDJ-350 or NDX-500? Anything with a CD player. Even further how do you feel about turntables?
nikodb 3:16 AM - 23 January, 2015
Actually you can...you can use them both ways....dont listento this guy, he act as if he knows everything
nikodb 3:19 AM - 23 January, 2015
There is no theoretically....next time you jump In the middle of a conversation, maybe you should have let someone speak to this guy, that had the answers , instead of writing huge quotes of unessecery info.

XDjs CDJs...whatever...they can be used with usb sticks and timecode as well.
Dj KeDD-e 3:20 AM - 23 January, 2015
Makes sense.

I'm trying to upgrade a step at a time, again money. The plan was to get the xdj or cdj's then replace the sz with a djm 900nxs. And I've only used turntables once. More of a digital guy more comfortable
Dj KeDD-e 3:23 AM - 23 January, 2015
Maybe pioneer or serato will test it now lol
nikodb 3:25 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

No need to test mate...this is working, i ve been trying to tell you and that other guy just gives you confusion...it works both ways
deejdave 3:26 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Makes sense.

I'm trying to upgrade a step at a time, again money. The plan was to get the xdj or cdj's then replace the sz with a djm 900nxs. And I've only used turntables once. More of a digital guy more comfortable

Same here with the digital especially as of lately. Well it seems the XDJ were truly designed around the Rekordbox platform. My honest opinion (without trying to upset anyone here) would be to get feedback on someone who has used it. Out of curiosity why do you want to use DVS and not HID? The HID behavior is pretty similar to the DVS just you get more use out of the button and switches. They have had issues in the past but they have made some decent headway.
Quote:

Well 1.7.3 was just released a few days ago that added the XDJ support so there should be more info coming out soon.
deejdave 3:27 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No need to test mate...this is working, i ve been trying to tell you and that other guy just gives you confusion...it works both ways

The CDJ-900Nexus "works" as well but I would absolutely not recommend it to anyone. I'm gonna step out of this TBH. I am trying to give an opinion. I am not claiming I know all but I am also not trying to give feedback on something I have not personally done.

If you have used the XDJ-1000 with timecode as well as HID then maybe you are the one to give the answer's. It's all yours..................... untracking.
Dj KeDD-e 3:32 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Makes sense.

Same here with the digital especially as of lately. Well it seems the XDJ were truly designed around the Rekordbox platform. My honest opinion (without trying to upset anyone here) would be to get feedback on someone who has used it. Out of curiosity why do you want to use DVS and not HID? The HID behavior is pretty similar to the DVS just you get more use out of the button and switches. They have had issues in the past but they have made some decent headway.
Quote:

Well 1.7.3 was just released a few days ago that added the XDJ support so there should be more info coming out soon.

I saw the update the other day too maybe I'll just hang tight for little until serato or pioneer says something. Sorry to stir ish up lol. Thanks for all the answers
nikodb 3:32 AM - 23 January, 2015
Deejaydave You are overflowing the post with useless info man....just stick to the poinit and dont get in the middle of a conversation with huge quotes, especially if you do not know what you are talking about.

Its not about me...its about somebody elses question that you seem to care not, but just flattering about the universe here
nikodb 4:03 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
saw the update the other day too maybe I'll just hang tight for little until serato or pioneer says something. Sorry to stir ish up lol. Thanks for all the answers

Nothing to be sorry about man....its not your fault that this guy insists on making statements he clearly is not sure about....Facts are facts though and the answer to all your question is YES....XDjs as well as all CDJS will work on timecode with the WAV tone on a USB stick, or on a timecode disk...and cdjs 850/900/2000 and NXS among with the XDj are also native to Serato Dj.

When the xdj was originally anounced here, Serato stated that until native support comes in place, owners can still use it with timecode generated from a media stick as well...i ve also used timecode Wav in a USB stick insode cdj2000,900s and 850s to scratch as i prefer scratching on timecodes over HID...so i can tell you it works fine everywhere.

So siding two of any of those next to an SZ, you can use them in any way you like on the sz mixer...or natively...or even both, is not a problem at all. All large cdjs are good to in go any way you like....but the .small formats 100,200,350,400 that are timecode only on Sdj.

Cheers
Nik
yuanx 8:46 PM - 14 April, 2015
which is why the pioneer cdj350 is not supported natively by serato dj ?

developers .. there is no excuse ,

I would pay a premium for having support with my old cdj400 , I can understand the excuse that you put the usb 1.1, but .. with cdj350 ?

many pubs and clubs have these readers and resorting to time code is stepping back in time .
cdj900 12:16 PM - 13 August, 2015
want SeratoDj to support midi cdj350 as soon as possible
Tommy Deem 12:58 PM - 4 November, 2015
Do as I buy better hardware
DJ TooHypE 5:17 PM - 17 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

+1 Gazillion!!!

+1 Si
DJ TooHypE 5:21 PM - 17 December, 2015
BTW I have a open request for HID Support for CDJ-400's

serato.com
DJ TooHypE 5:27 PM - 17 December, 2015
Quote:
which is why the pioneer cdj350 is not supported natively by serato dj ?

developers .. there is no excuse ,

I would pay a premium for having support with my old cdj400 , I can understand the excuse that you put the usb 1.1, but .. with cdj350 ?

many pubs and clubs have these readers and resorting to time code is stepping back in time .

Yep same here!! =/ I'm always using SSL so far problems with SDJ 1.8.1/1.8 on Win 10 but that's another topic.
oseagheo@yahoo.com 12:05 AM - 29 December, 2015
Really there is no excuse for serato dj not to support cdj 350 and cdj 400 since 2012 i have been using cdj 350 with serato scratch live before serato dj comes at no support for scratch live again and you people don't want to support cdj 350 with serato dj and is not good i love using serato software, Not that virtual dj 8 is not working wall on cdj 350 is just love using serato dj because i have ddj sx. Please i beg you people woke on serato dj to work on cdj 350 Thanks DJ JVC Italy
Mark Quest 2:52 PM - 1 January, 2016
ITT: people too cheap to upgrade their equipment & somehow it's Serato's fault haha :D
Trunquim 4:30 PM - 2 February, 2016
I would like to put on record my dissatisfaction to buy a Serato product.

In January 2016 buy Serato DJ Suite license an authorized dealer in Brazil.
I got the assertion that it would work perfectly as a controller through my current equipment , a pair of Pioneer CDJ -350 , as was also mentioned on the website as an accessory workshop .

My frustration is because of having invested in the most expensive license software that is said to be best in class , which actually is not. After all my devices work seamlessly with little or no configuration in some of its main competitors like Traktor Pro , Virtual DJ , Mixvibes Cross
and the freeware Mixxx .

At least the company in which I bought the license, repaid me the transaction cost.

So here it is recorded my dissatisfaction .
Tommy Deem 4:10 PM - 3 February, 2016
Please enlist ur equipment from this SDJ supported list:
serato.com

and if possible enlist ur equipment from this Scratch Live supported list:
serato.com

Remember, all in main hardware list are supported by Serato, but the program U use makes the difference...

It's common knowledge to know what kind of hardware ur program supports.

So there is no reason expres ur feelings when the mistake is on the user or on the dealer.
Trunquim 5:38 PM - 3 February, 2016
Dear Tommy

Just for your information This equipment was removed from the site Serto a few weeks. After all, it was why we bought Serato license.

Upon further research , I conclude that no Serato software works with two decks without using a soundcard or mixer RANE.
Fact that further increasing the cost of investment.

The same does not happen with competing software that enable audio settings plates of other brands, MIDI customizations , and a larger amount of controllers compatibility .

So my sense of frustration with the brand continues

I apologize for a wrong term , I'm not fluent in the English language .

Hugs

Quote:
Please enlist ur equipment from this SDJ supported list:
serato.com

and if possible enlist ur equipment from this Scratch Live supported list:
serato.com

Remember, all in main hardware list are supported by Serato, but the program U use makes the difference...

It's common knowledge to know what kind of hardware ur program supports.

So there is no reason expres ur feelings when the mistake is on the user or on the dealer.
Tommy Deem 6:17 PM - 3 February, 2016
Ummm, I have been using Serato for 3 years and NEVER there was CDJ-350 support in SDJ so cut the chase :)
CDJ-350 and 400 have allways been supported only by scratch live.

U bought an Dj software which DO not work as stand alone software. U can feel as frustrated as u want, but dont blame serato company for ur mistakes :)
Tommy Deem 6:19 PM - 3 February, 2016
And correct that u need aproved soundcard, u know why cdj:s are called accessories.... not supported controllers....

Again basic knowledge.
Trunquim 9:25 PM - 3 February, 2016
Ok, Basic KNOWLEDGE in serato. But nothing in music and technology.

Thank you for your appointment.
Trunquim 9:37 PM - 3 February, 2016
Tommy Deem 12:34 AM - 5 February, 2016
Quote:
serato.com

Yep, list of scratch live supported devices like above, but it's not the list of SDJ supported devices.
WarpNote 8:59 AM - 8 February, 2016
Tommy is right you know. And you CAN get started i SDJ with a cheap controller.
oseagheo@yahoo.com 7:47 AM - 9 February, 2016
Please i am begging serato dj to please support cdj 350 will are nao in 2016 please because scratch live is no longer support please thanks DJ JVC Italy