Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Change pads color in DDJ-SX like SZ?

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
bbnation 10:47 PM - 14 February, 2014
It's possible to change the pads color in SX like in SZ?

It's boring to just see all the pads blue.
Davideon 6:44 AM - 15 February, 2014
No.
DJ A.N.D.Y. 12:26 PM - 15 February, 2014
Blue makes happy :-)

(statement from Silvester Stallone in Rambo III) :-D
bbnation 12:08 AM - 16 February, 2014
Is that a hardware issue or software?
nikodb 1:43 AM - 16 February, 2014
Hardware
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:56 AM - 17 February, 2014
Hi bbnation,

The pads in the DDJ-SX are only blue. You can not use any other colours, this is a hardware limitation.

Regards
8:00 AM, 3 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
bbnation 5:41 PM - 6 March, 2014
Is that possible to just change the led in the pad ? If that what kind of led it's I need to put in the pads?
Davideon 5:54 PM - 6 March, 2014
no it can't happen
Davideon 6:12 PM - 6 March, 2014
It doesn't have the circuitry etc, even if you could put LEDs in
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:18 AM - 7 March, 2014
No the units LED's in the pads can not be replaced.

If you do open the unit to change the LED's up you will void your warranty and we will be unable to provide support for your unit.

Regards
bbnation 3:12 PM - 8 March, 2014
I don't go for SZ because of the size. SX size are perfect.

Imo Pionner should release newer version of SX.

1. Add colors to the pads.

2. Put Sound color FX and Oscillator

3. SZ Jogle dispaly

then I'm very satisfied :)
deejdave 2:48 AM - 9 March, 2014
SX MKII barely one year after release is highly unlikely but who knows with Pioneer's release shcduling. The CDJ's seem to have cycles but the controllers are anyone's guess. Look how long the WegoMK1 lasted before the MKII came out.
bbnation 9:47 AM - 9 March, 2014
I hope soo. I have emailed Pioneer and ask if they have plan to realse some kind like that. But I have also heard that Pioneer gonna leave DDJ and the SZ was the last production of "DDJ" category.
deejdave 3:08 PM - 9 March, 2014
That is straight from their mouths. Like I said highly unlikely. Why not just go for the SZ? I mean it's probably too late to get one within the first month or two but after the rush.
Davideon 4:08 PM - 9 March, 2014
Quote:
I hope soo. I have emailed Pioneer and ask if they have plan to realse some kind like that. But I have also heard that Pioneer gonna leave DDJ and the SZ was the last production of "DDJ" category.

Although the sz completed the ddj RANGE, doesn't mean there won't be mk2s. Ford have a range of cars but update each model ever 4-5yrs. Still the same range though.

But considering the extra functions that can be built into the SX, surely they would just do that
deejdave 6:09 PM - 9 March, 2014
I wouldn't at all count on logic like that simply because someone else does. There is more than a possibility but expecting it is far from realistic. Hope seems like the more fitting word/concept here. This would then open the door wide open for the "expecters" who own the DDJ-SP1, DDJ-SR, etc.
bbnation 8:46 PM - 9 March, 2014
Or why just not SZ but in a same size like SX.
bbnation 8:47 PM - 9 March, 2014
also release new SZ even in a smaller size like SX
deejdave 9:01 PM - 9 March, 2014
Quote:
also release new SZ even in a smaller size like SX

The features included within/on the SZ are what caused the larger size. You CAN NOT increase the size of platters, performance pads, & add more buttons/features without increasing the size of the landscape to place them. It's simple physics. Possibly a SR (eg two channels instead of four) type of thing would be the answer.
BRVD 11:52 PM - 18 August, 2015
Quote:
SX MKII barely one year after release is highly unlikely but who knows with Pioneer's release shcduling. The CDJ's seem to have cycles but the controllers are anyone's guess. Look how long the WegoMK1 lasted before the MKII came out.

We'll it's now a year later and surprise, surprise. the ddj-sx2 is out and it's a big hit
deejdave 12:52 AM - 19 August, 2015
Over a year after that was said yes but the SX2 was (in all fairness to Pioneer) just under two years after the SX. SX was Nov. 2012 and SX2 was Oct. 2014. They have seemed to slow down a bit since then but Rekordbox DJ will bring on a whole new line I assume. Also while the SX2 is an amazing controller I don't know if any controller will have the impact the SX did as it pretty much started it all. I mean Vestax can probably be credited with bringing controllers to a professional level but as most things go it's not "real" until Pioneer puts their spin on it LOL.
Dj AR1 4:05 AM - 2 February, 2016
on the DDJ-SZ can u change the pattern on the jog wheels ?