Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pitch 'n time Dj and Usb Buffer size ???

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ Mell 07 9:10 PM - 12 February, 2014
Hello,

I noticed when I use Pitch n Time dj with my Sixty Two, when I play a song at the VU meter, I pass in the red! Yet in my setup, I active the auto gain 92db weird and if I disable Pitch n time and well I go back in the green. This is weird! Moreover, I feel it makes me more about the deck right: (

Another thing: what is the two usb buffer size? there is one in the setup audio portion and another portion in the device panel! , I'm confused: (

Thank you in advance for your help ;)

I feel this version became a novice with Serato: (

All drivers and firmware are up to date!

Macbook Pro mid-2012, I7 processor 2.3 ghz and with turbo boost to 3.3GHz os x Mavericks, Nvidia gt650m and ati HD4000, Samsung SSD 830 Series 256GB, 4GB SDRAM clocked at 1600mghz.

cordially
12:56 AM, 19 Feb 2014
Mak T attached a file: Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 11.28.35 AM.png
View· Permalink
Serato, Support
Mak T 12:58 AM - 19 February, 2014
Hey DJ Mell 07,

Thanks for your patience as we've been flat out busy here at Serato HQ.

Quote:
I noticed when I use Pitch n Time dj with my Sixty Two, when I play a song at the VU meter, I pass in the red! Yet in my setup, I active the auto gain 92db weird and if I disable Pitch n time and well I go back in the green. This is weird! Moreover, I feel it makes me more about the deck right: (

Are you able to take a video of this occurring? This is strange that this is occurring and I cannot seem to recreate the issue.

- What you can do however is to check the Virtual Deck channel gain to see if they are set at appropriate levels. I have attached an image to show you how to find this.

Quote:
Another thing: what is the two usb buffer size? there is one in the setup audio portion and another portion in the device panel! , I'm confused: (

The "Buffer Size" in the audio control panel adjusts the buffer at a different part of the audio pipeline than the buffer in Serato DJ. Rane recommend that you have this set to 8ms or higher in the audio control panel and adjust the buffer size as per normal in the Serato setup screen.

Cheers

Mak T
5:33 PM, 20 Feb 2014
DJ Mell 07 attached a file: 2014-02-20-0069.mp4
Download· Permalink
DJ Mell 07 5:43 PM - 20 February, 2014
Hello, you can find below, a video I made ​​with my mobile phone, on Pitch n Time Dj.

By-cons, I do not see your file, you attached it says that I do not have the permission.
DJ Mell 07 5:45 PM - 20 February, 2014
Hoping that the video works ...
DJ Mell 07 10:18 PM - 20 February, 2014
In case, here's the video I put on youtube: youtu.be
DJ Mell 07 1:44 AM - 21 February, 2014
Hello,

I also noticed that if you want to scratch on the first kick from the beginning with the serato vinyl, it does not return to the beginning! position is less accurate than version 2.5 Scratch! we say that the position, jump ...
DJ Mell 07 1:45 AM - 21 February, 2014
Thank you ;)
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:42 AM - 24 February, 2014
Hey DJ Mell 07,

Thanks for your findings here. This is strange that this is occurring. I going to run some tests to see if I can recreate this issue.

I'll be in touch!

Cheers

Mak T
dj-freestyle 3:07 AM - 24 February, 2014
I've seen about 20 guys on here with sane issue and serato dj runs so much hotter then scratch live . My tracks are in green in it and in sdj there run into red
7:00 AM, 10 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
DJ Mell 07 5:33 PM - 10 March, 2014
Hello

No news about a possible update pitch n time dj and serato dj come out very soon ???

Thank' s ;)
DJ Mell 07 6:02 PM - 10 March, 2014
This weekend, during my service ... I had three times a problem with the button scroll and select title on my sixty two.

The problems were: lag of several seconds between when I turn the knob and the visible line that highlights the crates or songs to tell us our location in serato dj 1.6.

The other problem was the validation with the scroll button to load some titles in the left and right decks ... yet visually serato dj in the title chosen was well highlighted ... but when I validated with the button , it would put me first song crate and not the highlighted line.
DJ Mell 07 11:16 AM - 25 March, 2014
Hello, is that the problem of noise has been corrected, when activating the function Dj Pitch N Time ???
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:27 AM - 9 April, 2014
Hey DJ Mell 07,

Thanks for your patience here. Through our thorough investigation it appears the issue with the Pitch'n Time DJ is in fact a bug. This bug will not cause a notable difference audibly, it will only enforce an visual change in the software LED meters.

Cheers

Mak T
Entro 8:31 PM - 24 April, 2014
Noticing this issue too. PnT pushes the track level meters into the red when activated.
dj-freestyle 3:26 PM - 25 April, 2014
If you lower the volume for auto gain and re-analyze tracks it stops that from happening.
Entro 3:35 PM - 25 April, 2014
Yes, I guess you could do that. But Mak T suggests it isn't actually affecting gain, just the meter displays for some reason.
dj-freestyle 3:46 PM - 25 April, 2014
oh cool. glad to hear didnt read up enough, thanks for pointing out.
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:53 AM - 28 April, 2014
Thanks for your feedback here guys. I'm going to close this thread now. If you have any further issues please don't hesitate to reopen this thread or create a new help request.

Cheers

Mak T