Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

MIDI assign not possible when in Groups 2-5 on Rane 68

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Eight
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
TrashGordon 2:33 PM - 9 February, 2014
Hi,

When i'm in Group 2-5 on my Rane 68 i'm not able to midi assign the Cue point buttons 1-5 to Serato DJ functions at all (eg. sync, slip mode..). I couldnt find a solution in the forum.

Thanks
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:57 PM - 10 February, 2014
Hey Trash,

Yes.. Serato needs to go back to the drawing board on this one.
I would suggest using SSL until this is fixed.
8:00 AM, 25 Feb 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
TrashGordon 5:37 PM - 27 March, 2014
Still not fixed... Is it even planned for future updates.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:27 PM - 28 March, 2014
Yes.. this is unfortunate. I just emailed Serato about this to see where they are at.
I hope to hear some good news and report back.
TrashGordon 8:41 AM - 28 April, 2014
Come on Serato! I expected a bit better support for flagship mixers like the 68. I think the midi layerswere a big point for some users to buy the 68. Are there even plans to fix this issue? Because this feature is mentioned in the manual...
TrashGordon 6:30 AM - 20 May, 2014
??????? No fix??????
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:36 PM - 20 May, 2014
Sorry.. no word from Serato on this yet.
I've pinged them. Hold tight.
TrashGordon 6:51 PM - 20 May, 2014
Thax zach!
TrashGordon 11:09 AM - 13 September, 2014
Still not working in Serato DJ 1.7
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:27 AM - 13 September, 2014
Hey TrashGordon

Rane have now finished work on the firmware to open up user-mappable MIDI and we are going to have this ready for a coming release. Apologies it didn't make it into 1.7.

Aaron
TrashGordon 2:18 PM - 13 September, 2014
Ok, nice to hear! Have a nice weekend!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:04 AM - 14 September, 2014
Cheers man, you too!
DJSimsima 11:58 AM - 9 October, 2014
Hi There !

Just quite SL for Serato Dj cause they said that now u can midimap all the controllers like "instant double" but it still doesn't work for me.

I just want to midi map instant doubles on my 62's "deck1 sp6 assign" and "Deck2 sp6 assign", but it still doesnt work…

Anyone got a solution or I gotta downgrade for the second time ?

So much troubles for the add of a "Sync" button and few useless FXs to hide the shitty mix of fake djs… Seriously ? wake up Serato…
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:52 AM - 11 October, 2014
Instant double works already by double clicking the load knob :)

You can custom map the sixty two on layers 2 to 5,

but the sp6 assign buttons are designed for a hardware function when DJing with two DJs and to my knowledge aren't available for mapping.

Cheers
Karl
TrashGordon 9:26 AM - 20 October, 2014
On the 68 the sp6 buttons were midi mappable on all layers in scratch live.
DJSimsima 9:51 AM - 20 October, 2014
Yes like they used to be on the 62 X Scratch Live… Double pushing "load button" is so dangerous while mixing live…U can easly load another track…
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:49 PM - 21 October, 2014
Quote:
Yes like they used to be on the 62 X Scratch Live… Double pushing "load button" is so dangerous while mixing live…U can easly load another track…

Just turn on "lock playing deck".
DJSimsima 2:12 PM - 22 October, 2014
Thanks Zach… I ll use this lock playing deck trick !
TrashGordon 2:25 PM - 27 December, 2014
When will this issue be fixed?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:31 AM - 30 December, 2014
Hey TrashGordon

MIDI mapping on the Sixty-Eight should be working fine on Serato DJ 1.7.2. Have you tried this version yet?

Aaron
TrashGordon 5:31 PM - 5 January, 2015
Yes im using 1.7.2. and the Rane 68 Firmware is the latest version. Everything works fine except that i cannot Map the hotcue Buttons on layers 2-5 like it was possible in Scratch Live.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:58 AM - 7 January, 2015
Hey TrashGordon

I'm sorry to report that this has now been confirmed as a bug. Layers 2-5 for the cue buttons somehow slipped through the cracks when we and Rane opened up the other controls for MIDI mapping. We'll figure out with Rane where the work needs to be done as soon as possible and get this fixed.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Aaron
DJ IVAN REMIX 7:29 PM - 26 January, 2015
Is there any other problems you have with serato Dj trashgordon using your 68 ? I'm asking because I want to purchase a rane 68 I like the 68 layout better then the rane 64..
TrashGordon 10:43 AM - 27 January, 2015
@ivan
No, everything fine! But for me this was the most important feature because i use dicers for cuepoints and the layer 2 controls for instant doubles, intrrnal emergency mode, cencor and other serato features. The mixer itself is great.. I'm only waiting for some serato ableton bridge features to come back!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:17 AM - 16 February, 2015
Hi guys

I'm afraid opening up these layers is not currently a priority. There would need to be some new firmware from Rane and then subsequent development work from us to get this done.

If you could all let me know how many of you are out there and how much this means to you, I'll be sure to pass the information on to the Products team to see if we can get it prioritised.

Cheers,
Aaron