Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NS7II freezes and pitch increases in speed...

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 II
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
'G' Apnoea 8:44 PM - 5 February, 2014
I reloaded NS7II drivers and then serato 1.6 twice...The same problem occurs fairly regularly, where the pitch increases in speed and all controls/knobs become unresponsive..only way to stop it is to reboot PC and re start NS7II. Is this a common problem as reluctant to use at gigs until i'm 100% sure it's a stable platform,,thanks G
JBoogz 8:56 PM - 5 February, 2014
Are you having a similar problem to what I'm having? I'm running Mac though. Check my vid.

I haven't tried 1.6 yet. Going to attempt it tonight.

Watchwww.youtube.com
'G' Apnoea 9:02 PM - 5 February, 2014
Hi JB, very similar except mine speeds up tempo..this is on new dj 1.6 ...it did freeze occasionally on version 1.5 as well

scared to play live without a back up
JBoogz 9:19 PM - 5 February, 2014
Agreed. I'll let you know how I make out with 1.6 once I've had the chance to install and try. I'm hoping this is software or driver related. Don't want to have to deal with a defective unit.
'G' Apnoea 9:23 PM - 5 February, 2014
Cool, cheers mate. If I find out anything I'll let you know
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:59 PM - 9 February, 2014
Hey 'G' Apnoea,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Can you confirm you have the latest drivers ands firmware installed for your Numark NS7 MKII? Download here:www.numark.com
I watched JBoogz video, it looks like very strange behaviour. I'd also if you can guys try using your NS7 MKII with another computer to see if it's related to the computer specifically or the NS7 MKII is the culprit in this case.

Regards
Dave W
JBoogz 10:22 PM - 9 February, 2014
I'll try a different computer as soon as I can.
JBoogz 10:54 PM - 9 February, 2014
Dave,

Is there some type of report I can download when these errors occur?
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:32 AM - 10 February, 2014
You can do a DPC Trace report for me, please see here and attach as a file back here on the forum: serato.com

Dave W
JBoogz 2:00 AM - 10 February, 2014
Sorry Dave, I'm using a Mac. I have a separate Help thread here:

serato.com
Jumper4000 3:14 AM - 14 February, 2014
I can't believe how so many people are having this problem on a $1,500 controller and Numark/Serato are not doing anything about it. This controller is completely useless till this issues is fixed.
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:37 AM - 17 February, 2014
It's a waiting game on this one. Numark needs to update their drivers by the sound of things.

Unfortunately there is not much Serato can do until then. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you, hopefully they will have some new drivers available to work with Mavericks soon.

Regards
Dave W
Name already taken 5:26 AM - 24 February, 2014
Do you know if it is a driver problem that is causing my NS7ii to become unresponsive on windows?
Jumper4000 4:31 AM - 25 February, 2014
It looses control on multiple versions of OS X and Windows. Many many many people are experiencing this.
7:01 AM, 11 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
'G' Apnoea 9:26 AM - 12 March, 2014
Hi Dave

This problem is still occurring in sdj 1.3, I re installed as 1.6 was to unstable. I'm running i5 windows 7 and 4G ram. I've tried new drivers etc. Do you think it could be a unmask issue then?
'G' Apnoea 9:27 AM - 12 March, 2014
Sorry, meant to say numark issue
DJ_Cali 2:08 PM - 12 April, 2014
Downgrade to SDJ 1.5.2. Fixed all issues I had with my Ns7II
boss16714 7:23 PM - 12 April, 2014
hey 'G' did you do it and did it work for you? I have the same issues.
D-RoC71 5:24 PM - 1 May, 2014
Hey guys. It might be an HDD fault. I took mine out and installed an Solid State Drive and tested it out. So far, 1.6.2 for the last 2 days had no problems.
I'm on OSX 10.8, not Mavericks.

I've only ran it a for about half an hour. I tried duplicating it with the songs that caused it to freeze but so far nothing.
Make sure that you completely remove the 1.6.2 version except for its preferences. The reinstall it. I as well removed the USB Numark Audio device.
I'll test it out again tonight and keep you guys posted.
DJMINGIA 11:53 PM - 1 June, 2014
I was at a wedding and I had just "upgraded" to the new Serato DJ because I was having issues with the old one. Well, THANK GOD I had time to mess with it for quite a bit before the room opened. So many glitches. USB dropouts. Song skipping every 30 seconds. No response from controller. etc... I immediately went back to 1.5.2 and even though 1.5.2 has the occasional hiccup every couple hours (song skips 1/4 second forward every once in awhile), I'd rather deal with that.