Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NS7II random stops and loss of control.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 II
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
JBoogz 10:35 PM - 3 February, 2014
Randomly the unit will change pitch and sometimes buttons don't affect the track at all. Check the video for a sample of what's happening:

youtu.be
JBoogz 1:45 PM - 4 February, 2014
Will there be a numark Driver that supports Mavericks soon, now that 1.6 has officially announced support?

Tried 1.6 final release, and have had no luck. Same thing.
JBoogz 1:45 PM - 4 February, 2014
Uninstalled driver and SDJ, and reinstalled.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:51 PM - 4 February, 2014
Hello JBoogz,

It appears that video is for your Serat DJ software version 1.5.2. Do you have a video of you using 1.6? If so, please share.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:51 PM - 4 February, 2014
JBoogz,

Feel free to private message me as well to further assist you.
JBoogz 10:58 PM - 7 February, 2014
Ok. So fresh install of both drivers and final 1.6 release resulted in more issues.

youtu.be

I've tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling both drivers and SDJ.

I'm at a loss. My computer has more than enough to handle the software. I'm not running wifi or any programs in the background.
mr187 9:34 AM - 8 February, 2014
Quote:
Ok. So fresh install of both drivers and final 1.6 release resulted in more issues.

youtu.be

I'm at a loss. My computer has more than enough to handle the software. I'm not running wifi or any programs in the background.

did u upgrade drivers ? did you delete ns7 from midi studio ?
JBoogz 11:42 AM - 8 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

did u upgrade drivers ? did you delete ns7 from midi studio ?

Drivers are the latest drivers from Numark, 2.2.6

Where is midi studio?
JBoogz 11:56 AM - 8 February, 2014
OK,

So found the midi studio. With the Numark controller disconnected, deleted it from the Midi Studio.

Reconnected the unit and tried SDJ. Same issues after about 10 minutes. Also, the NS7II is back in the midi studio again.

This really sucks. Do I have a defective unit or something?
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 4:56 PM - 11 February, 2014
Hello,

At this point, I would strongly advise you to contact one of Numark Technical support agents to further assist you with your NS7II. You can reach them at 401-658-3131.
JBoogz 5:09 PM - 11 February, 2014
Contacted. Told me its definitely a driver situation. No release date yet. Numark says its one of their top priorities.

Hopefully soon. I have no way of downgrading my laptop.

Fingers crossed.
DJ SHY 1:12 AM - 12 February, 2014
so far its running...haven't run into any problems yet...... i'm gonna put a stress test on it and do a few things and check back with ya...
DJ SHY 1:27 AM - 12 February, 2014
back...only issue so far is having Pitch & Time activated.... what waste of $29!...lol... scratching is iffy even at 5ms.... i just turned it off and now and i'm testing on 1ms and 2ms... my screen refresh is at 50hz...and still get in red USB and the forever limiter blinking.... ugh
JBoogz 4:27 PM - 12 February, 2014
Hopefully Numark will have the new drivers for Mavericks soon.
DJ MARK G 12:15 AM - 13 February, 2014
i bought my ns7 2 yesterday and was experiencing the same problems above with the red usb and blinking limiter. Im glad it is a driver problem as I thought I had a defective unit or wire. Thanks for the info, I hope they hurry up with that driver as I have upcoming gigs.
JBoogz 12:56 AM - 13 February, 2014
Mark, definitely hoping for this driver soon.

If either of you cats hear about it, please report back. I'm signed up for Numark emails, but typically it's only gear that get's emailed.
DJ MARK G 1:42 AM - 13 February, 2014
And I don't have mavericks I have Mac OS X
JBoogz 1:47 AM - 13 February, 2014
Quote:
And I don't have mavericks I have Mac OS X

Mavericks is a version of OS X. Click on the apple at the top left of the screen and click about this Mac. If you have 10.9 then you have mavericks.
DJ MARK G 1:51 AM - 13 February, 2014
i have 10.6.8 is what I meant, not mavericks, didn't do the upgrade.
JBoogz 2:15 AM - 13 February, 2014
Quote:
i have 10.6.8 is what I meant, not mavericks, didn't do the upgrade.

You might want to try and update to 10.8.x that's what the current Numark driver is for.
DJ MARK G 2:20 AM - 13 February, 2014
Thank you for that. Will do that right now
Jumper4000 3:10 AM - 14 February, 2014
I have the same exact issue and it's gotten much worse with the public release of 1.6. It was better with the betas.
Name already taken 5:21 AM - 24 February, 2014
I have this problem on Windows 8.1, brand new top of the line notebook with i7 and 16gb of ram.......................