Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

1.6 audio dropout warning!

DjCity 3:52 PM - 4 February, 2014
I have the audio dropout warning light coming on in 1.6 even when I'm doing nothing.

No tracks loaded. No fax on, not even touching the controller.

I'm using a Pioneer DDJ-SX with my Macbook Pro 2.5 quad core i7 with 16th ram.

1.5 I had relatively no problems. Never had audio dropout light come on.

I had the master volume all the way down. Gain set to just under 11:00. Eq settings at 12:00. Auto gain set to 90db. USB buffer set to 1ms (will not compromise on this!)
Display set to 60 (will not compromise on this).

What's up with that?
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:55 PM - 4 February, 2014
You need to move the usb buffer higher! You say you wont do this well guess you just have to stick to your issue.
Maskrider 3:57 PM - 4 February, 2014
Same issues here…I feel this release is rushed…..Don't have any problem with the older Version of SDJ
DjCity 3:59 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
You need to move the usb buffer higher! You say you wont do this well guess you just have to stick to your issue.

I have never had to make the USB buffer higher. It sounds like shit if it's any higher.
I'm a hip hop R&B Dj.
I scratch.
I need 1ms.

I submitted a ticket for this.

This post was to make others aware of a potential issue.
Maskrider 3:59 PM - 4 February, 2014
By the way my usb buffer is on 5ms
Maskrider 4:01 PM - 4 February, 2014
I have video though but it doesn't make sense….Since I have the same settings from the older version.
DjCity 4:02 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Same issues here…I feel this release is rushed…..Don't have any problem with the older Version of SDJ

Honestly, I had no plans on using 1.6 live anytime soon.
1.5 has been working pretty good so far.

I wanted to try out the quantization and pitch n time though.

Oh well.
Just have to wait till the issues are acknowledged, addressed and fixed.
DjCity 4:04 PM - 4 February, 2014
I run video too but have not tried yet on 1.6.

There is no need to try with the light coming on out the nowhere like it is.
DjCity 4:13 PM - 4 February, 2014
Will pitch n time work on 1.5?
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:43 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Will pitch n time work on 1.5?

Nope.
DJSP1KE 9:21 PM - 4 February, 2014
Not impressed so far , first one I've had to adjust the buffer on , 5ms is the only setting I run without glitches ,

Sp-6 changing banks causes crackling noise and effects level indicator also sticks , so it looks like the effect is still playing when it's stopped ,

Program froze up for a second , no music stop just like a glitch , run perfect with beta , so something's not right ,
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:35 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Not impressed so far , first one I've had to adjust the buffer on , 5ms is the only setting I run without glitches ,

Sp-6 changing banks causes crackling noise and effects level indicator also sticks , so it looks like the effect is still playing when it's stopped ,

Program froze up for a second , no music stop just like a glitch , run perfect with beta , so something's not right ,

Open a help thread and report those issues.
DJSP1KE 10:12 PM - 4 February, 2014
Done :) - Hopefully don't find more ,
mister ash 10:21 PM - 4 February, 2014
right so just tried out the new serato DJ with my SL3, was doing a 2hour set at a club. had the audio lag once. obviously i panicked lol. it didnt happen again though. but im not sure if im gonna use serato dj untill thats fixed. anyone one else have that problem? also whats up with the bpm tap thing? think im gonna stick to scratch live for the time being. would love any advice on the subject. thanks
Dj G Slimm 12:50 AM - 5 February, 2014
I had all the issues stated by other users so far from music stopping for a second with out a usb drop out light ….to the usb drop out light coming on when loading tracks, using the spa sampler….even sometimes while doing nothing ….judging from how serato is performing with the new update most will stay with the last version of scratch live for performance reasons.
DjCity 1:09 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

A little more than just moving the USB buffer higher huh.
LinkDeck 12:05 AM - 7 February, 2014
Is everyone that is experiencing the light using pitch n time? I never had any issues with the dropout light coming on pre 1.6. If I move the USB buffer up to 2ms it goes away...
LinkDeck 12:09 AM - 7 February, 2014
Just tested turning pitch n time of when the buffer is set to 1ms and it made no difference... The warning light was still alternating from orange to red.
DjCity 6:54 PM - 7 February, 2014
I am STILL having serious issues with 1.6 and Pitch n Time

I have tried on both Macbook Pro's
1st is a Macbook Pro 2.5 quad core i7 with 16th ram

I have updated (upgraded) my Macbook to...
15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display
16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
1TB Flash Storage1
Intel Iris Pro Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

The new MBP is fully specked. The only other thing I could do on the new machine is upgrade the ram to 32gb but serato would not be able to use all that ram anyway.
With Pitch n Time enabled on this machine, The light still comes on but not as much or as often.

have tested it on both computers and these are my findings...

Both laptops
Pitch n Time on = Orange and Red Droupout light.
No matter what the buffer is set to. (I can't go above 1ms due to my style of DJ'ing)

Another WEIRD thing going on.
With Pitch n Time on, The entire sound is bad. Bass warbles. This is with the pitch at 0.

It even shows up in recordings so it's NOT just the output or the signal. It's internal with the sound in sera to with Pitch n Time on.

I have attached a file for sera to to review in the help section.

THIS SOME SERIOUSLY WEIRD ASS SHIT!!!
aleksey 11:35 PM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
I am STILL having serious issues with 1.6 and Pitch n Time

I have tried on both Macbook Pro's
1st is a Macbook Pro 2.5 quad core i7 with 16th ram

I have updated (upgraded) my Macbook to...
15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.6GHz Quad-core Intel i7 with Retina Display
16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
1TB Flash Storage1
Intel Iris Pro Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

The new MBP is fully specked. The only other thing I could do on the new machine is upgrade the ram to 32gb but serato would not be able to use all that ram anyway.
With Pitch n Time enabled on this machine, The light still comes on but not as much or as often.

have tested it on both computers and these are my findings...

Both laptops
Pitch n Time on = Orange and Red Droupout light.
No matter what the buffer is set to. (I can't go above 1ms due to my style of DJ'ing)

Another WEIRD thing going on.
With Pitch n Time on, The entire sound is bad. Bass warbles. This is with the pitch at 0.

It even shows up in recordings so it's NOT just the output or the signal. It's internal with the sound in sera to with Pitch n Time on.

I have attached a file for sera to to review in the help section.

THIS SOME SERIOUSLY WEIRD ASS SHIT!!!

Same for me with decent win PC USB 3 and sl2. Dropout lights with pnt on at buffers lower 15, pnt off buffers can go as low as 4 ms in the control panel.
Maskrider 2:28 AM - 8 February, 2014
I bet they already on it…I'll wait to get PnT and Jetpack when these things get fixed.
dj-mase 2:59 AM - 8 February, 2014
Same issues here with Numark NS7II and SL3!!!!! Daaamnnn waiting for a Update!!!
molina1 3:35 AM - 8 February, 2014
Tried the Beta at home for a couple weeks never used it at a gig cause it was a beta. Zero issues. So I waited for the full release that came out on the 3rd. Fucker froze and closed on me live in a packed bar. I am running 1.6 with an sl2 and running cdj 900's in hid. As compared to sl the 900 hid mode isnt running as good on top of that flat out crash. The 900's jog wheels are flickering all the time. This is so stupid, I know they rushed this upgrade and I just don't know why? Getting people all pissed of for not putting out a solid product. I keep reading over and over again so many problems. WTF was the beta for? Clearly that process wasn't long enough. Cause this full version is nowhere near as stable as SL. I have a 13inch MBP 2.9ghz and 8gigs of ram. I run Sl no problems and I run Traktor no problems.
westell54 6:34 AM - 8 February, 2014
When I was running the 1.6 beta, I had no serious issues that weren't already identified. When the final version was released, I installed it and started using it and had no noticeable issues with it (I am using a VCI-380). I normally leave my buffer set at 1ms and refresh rate at 60, basically in performance mode. I have Serato Video, all FX packs (except for the Chip pack), and I decided to go ahead and buy the pitch n' time to see if I would like it.

The strange part is that after I purchased it and activated it, I never made any changes to my software settings and it was working fine without the buffer indicator coming on and the resource bar only went up to almost half. My laptop is a 2.4 core2duo, 8gb ram with intel shared graphics card. I know that the site suggests an i5 series or higher, but I figured I would try it anyway.

It was running perfectly fine without any issues until I restarted the software. Then I noticed the audio glitches that you all are mentioning, and the buffer indicator kept flashing even without touching the controller and no tracks actually playing. The glitches don't start until I have audio playing through the unit. What I ended up doing was raising my buffer up until everything calmed back down, which was 5ms and it's still a tight enough setting that I can still use the software enough to do chirps. It's an acceptable compromise for me right now, especially since my computer isn't up to the suggested spec. From what the rest of you all are saying though, I think that perhaps with a future update, maybe they can optimize the software to not only resolve this for those of you with better computers, but maybe mine will still have a chance to stay in the game for a little bit longer.

In the meantime, I guess I better start looking to upgrade. Any suggestions?
bluefoot 2:37 PM - 8 February, 2014
i had this issue with 1.5 once i got mavericks. Now I still have it on 1.6. It doesn't show up until i've been playing a while. My mac is i7 8gb ram fully optimised for audio.

Once i hear glitches i can increase my latency to 5ms and glitches go.

But i also scratch and need 1ms latency.

Have also submitted ticket.

still running Itch on backup Mac (mountain lion) until the waiting is over.
Maskrider 5:44 PM - 9 February, 2014
I'm running on Mountain Lion as well
DJ Barticus 6:29 PM - 9 February, 2014
I was able to get my buffer down to 2 ms, by lowering my screen updates to 20 times per second (from 60) Id rather have it run rock solid at the lowest latency than have a high frame rate.
DjCity 6:34 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
I was able to get my buffer down to 2 ms, by lowering my screen updates to 20 times per second (from 60) Id rather have it run rock solid at the lowest latency than have a high frame rate.

I'm just not willing to compromise on latency or screen resolution.

Guess I will just have to wait for this issue to get fixed.
DJ Barticus 6:37 PM - 9 February, 2014
[quoteI'm just not willing to compromise on latency or screen resolution.

Guess I will just have to wait for this issue to get fixed.

fair enough, I set my computer off to the side and try to look at it as little as possible to avoid Serato Face
AJDJ 6:49 PM - 9 February, 2014
F*&k I'm having the same problem with 1.6.... at least 1.5.2 works great for me.. but I want quantize!! booooooo
DjCity 8:04 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
I set my computer off to the side and try to look at it as little as possible to avoid Serato Face

I wish I had that option but it's right in front of me.
I use an X Stand / glide odyssey case.
dj Krazey leo 8:43 PM - 9 February, 2014
Drop outs here as we'll Vci 380 but I must admit didn't notice it on the nu mark ns7 2
westell54 10:42 PM - 9 February, 2014
No, some people are experiencing completely different problems with the NS7ii. I've heard of a few people talking about crackling audio and increasing the buffer seems to fix it. The problem is, these are people with machines that are well above the minimum spec requirements. I'm assuming that a patch will be coming but the problem is gonna be how long it will take before it happens.
irieproductions 1:08 AM - 10 February, 2014
i was about to post the same thing when i found this thread. I have the same behavior, macbook pro mid 2010 core i7 8gb ram SSD drive mavericks installed. I used to run serato just fine with 1ms now i have to bump it to 5ms, if i don't you can hear artifacts or crackling noise however you want to call it, no issues on 5ms but response from controls are not as tight as 1 ms.

I thought my pc is asking for renewal but i see some newer macbooks having issues so its not me.
Maskrider 4:58 AM - 10 February, 2014
We definitely need an update. ...Fast. .
popnwave 5:12 AM - 10 February, 2014
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.. never an issue w/ my rig since the migration to SDJ and the DDJ-SX from my SL3.
DJ Sidies 10:12 AM - 10 February, 2014
I had the same problems with my sl3 on Friday night. As DJs we need it back down at 1ms
Papa Midnight 3:27 PM - 10 February, 2014
serato.com

This is why we need people to actually participate during Betas...
DJ Sidies 6:41 PM - 10 February, 2014
Never had the problems with the beta.
DjCity 6:46 PM - 10 February, 2014
I'm still waiting for help in the help section.

Serato is moving in slow motion on this one so far.
DJ Sidies 6:57 PM - 10 February, 2014
Not a good look. This is the first time I have had a real issue with serato dj
djnico 7:42 PM - 10 February, 2014
I have dropouts as well. Running SL2 MacBook Air 1,8 GHz i5 with 4mb ram, buffer 5ms. I thought that should be enough to run Serato DJ 1.6
Djjahburg 7:43 PM - 10 February, 2014
+1
Maskrider 8:27 PM - 10 February, 2014
Im excited about the PnT and the New FX pack.
If stability is getting compromised that will hold back a lot of users from using it.
DevonMTL 10:06 PM - 10 February, 2014
i have tested beta sdj 1.6 thoroughly and since the release of final SDJ 1.6 i was running at 2ms buffer without any problem, Past Saturday i turn down to 1ms and its really surprised me, it is working superb on my old MBP duo core 2.4/8GB with an external drive without any hiccup. WTG Serato an awesome job!
bluefoot 10:22 PM - 10 February, 2014
what OS r u using pls devonMTL?
DevonMTL 10:24 PM - 10 February, 2014
i am running OS 10.7.5
dj shadow from detroit 10:26 PM - 10 February, 2014
where is the buffer and are using pitch n time ?
dj shadow from detroit 10:27 PM - 10 February, 2014
buffer in the control panel
serato dj buffer ?

pitch n time activated ?

do u scratch and notice anything ?
DevonMTL 10:32 PM - 10 February, 2014
no P&T just 2 decks with all features i,e filters , cue points slip mode.
westell54 10:37 PM - 10 February, 2014
That explains it right there. If you bought the PnT plugin, activate that and you'll see what everybody's talking about.
dj shadow from detroit 10:47 PM - 10 February, 2014
Yes the plug in is causing multiple problems.
bluefoot 7:04 AM - 11 February, 2014
That us not the entire issue though.

I don't use the pitch n time plug in.

My problems have been since mavericks OS. And since moving from itch to sdj.

I did both Updates at A similar time. Just didn't notice any issue until had been running for several hours.
irieproductions 3:52 PM - 11 February, 2014
on my personal experience this is the first time i've ever had to increase my buffer size above 1ms, never had this problem with ITCH, with previous serato DJ versions, etc. I will try to disable pitch n time to see if thats causing me the problem and report back.

For me its not that the light just turns on, there are audible pops.
Handikap 4:54 PM - 11 February, 2014
My light has been constantly on since 1.6 beta...

No dropouts, and cpu bar was always low. Activity Monitor didn't show unusual cpu usage

Ran 1.6 final at 2ms/60 frames (with PnT enabled)on a gig the other night and had my first crash/freeze ever..

Scary stuff for a final release...

A crash is caused when SDJ hits a RAM limit, correct?

I feel that as SDJ gets more advanced and RAM/processor hungry, it needs to be automatically running a script at startup that optimizes memory usage and suspends background tasks.

Or hopefully we are close to a 64 bit version of SDJ..
DjCity 10:05 PM - 11 February, 2014
I am officially disappointed with 1.6 and Mavricks.

Video SUCKS on Mavricks!
DJ Sidies 11:25 PM - 11 February, 2014
Quote:
I am officially disappointed with 1.6 and Mavricks.

Video SUCKS on Mavricks!

Your not the only one
DJ Sidies 8:33 PM - 12 February, 2014
Serato please let us know your looking into this problem
DjCity 8:39 PM - 12 February, 2014
Crickets from Serato so far.

I just put in a NEW help request because the 1st one seems to have been abandoned by serato about 6 days ago.

Fucking ridiculous!
molina1 10:47 PM - 12 February, 2014
I haven't heard back from the one I put in last week either. I hope that means they are just really busy fixing things to put out a new update very quickly that addresses the giant heep bugs in 1.6
DJ Willby 12:05 AM - 13 February, 2014
Quote:
My light has been constantly on since 1.6 beta...

No dropouts, and cpu bar was always low. Activity Monitor didn't show unusual cpu usage

Same here!!!

And I get the odd 5 seconds of distorted sound too every hour or so, then it's ok again :/
dj Krazey leo 1:13 AM - 13 February, 2014
I think in time sdj will be fully functional but we definitely have a problem at the moment just hope they are paying attention to this post.
bluefoot 7:13 AM - 13 February, 2014
This post has so many varied symptoms and complaints I hope they ignore it entirely and run some controlled tests of their own which actually find and solve the root cause of the issue.

I don't think this will be an easy task for them.
DjCity 8:00 AM - 13 February, 2014
I am the op and this post was just for the benefit of the community.

I have started a help request.

I hope they do see this post though because it has several people with similar issues.

Why would you want them to ignore this thread?
That's just stupid and disrespectful to the people that posted in it.

We all posted because we are having an issue of some kind.

If you are not having any issues then this is not the thread for you.
DjCity 8:06 AM - 13 February, 2014
You don't use pitch n time bit we all have.

You use Mavricks. I use Mavricks on one high spec mbp and lion on another high spec mbp.

Your issue had little to nothing to do with this thread.

I don't think it will be an easy task for them either but to ignore a thread that had info in it?!?

Think before you post.
bluefoot 8:17 AM - 13 February, 2014
Your posts have been on point for sure.
You also said you had submitted a ticket as I have.
This thread has some serious derail in it too.
I would just rather the devs concentrated on the tickets.

Sorry if that caused offence/
DjCity 8:26 AM - 13 February, 2014
No offense taken.

The thread has some derail in it but it's still about the core issues 1.6 seems to be having and judging from the info in THIS thread, it seems that there is a major issue with Pitch n Time AND with Mavericks.

This is why I would encourage this thread to continue and why I would encourage Serato to look at it. (I doubt they will though).

I may attach this thread to my help request though so IF they ever get around to looking at it, they can see what others have inputed.
Tommy Deem 10:49 AM - 13 February, 2014
Yep.

Serato team should pay more attention to consumers ideas and problems, im sure that they working hard to make sdj 1.6.1 more efficient than this current version.

They left so many problems to us users to solve. Thats why I'm sticking still with my VDJ, if in the sound check Serato has even slightest problem, I will leave it be and use VDJ, it's working flawlesly as do Traktor.

Hope that Serato make the next update work, looking for us win8 users also.
Serato IS the best software on my opinion but it lacks reliability so much that it eats its own head :/
Papa Midnight 1:36 PM - 13 February, 2014
Quote:

At least someone here starts help requests when they have problems...
Handikap 1:43 PM - 13 February, 2014
Keep in mind the amount of variables in a software product like SDJ - different OS', different versions of OS', different hardware, different user habits. I could go on and on...

Everyone is quick to bash Serato whenever problems occur but you are not in their shoes. I do not envy them in regards to dealing with the DJ community and their product.

We will NEVER have any true stability with the nature of this type of product until Serato sells their own proprietary processing hardware(which will probably never happen).

Give 'em a brake, y'all.....
silvercue 2:47 PM - 13 February, 2014
I have just decided never to upgrade as the version I am on works beautifully. Everytime a new version is out it brings some issues, a load of support for controllers I don't need and some minor tweaks I don't need.

Needs to be some serious benefits to upgrade for me.
dj shadow from detroit 4:30 AM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:

I hope they do see this post though because it has several people with similar issues.

I posted 3 different post in 3 different sections about problems with 1.6 final and on top of this even emailed costumer service.
The one response was to roll back firmware and It seems thats all we can do Roll back firmware and go back to scratchlive. This should have never been released to the public without pitch n time testing also. The buying the plug in and testing problems is a bad business move. Im a loyal costumer who purchased a 56-57-61-62 and a sl-1 in 2005.
Maskrider 7:03 AM - 14 February, 2014
I think most of us are loyal customers here...I remember back then Brigid or somebody else in there crew when they see a bunch of us gathering for the same problem. They would chime in.
Djjahburg 8:33 AM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I posted 3 different post in 3 different sections about problems with 1.6 final and on top of this even emailed costumer service.
The one response was to roll back firmware and It seems thats all we can do Roll back firmware and go back to scratchlive. This should have never been released to the public without pitch n time testing also. The buying the plug in and testing problems is a bad business move. Im a loyal costumer who purchased a 56-57-61-62 and a sl-1 in 2005.

+1
DjCity 11:09 AM - 14 February, 2014
Yeah.
I emailed them days ago.
No response.
I have never emailed Serato before. Never had to.

Serato has been silent on this. I have see other help requests that have been answered while mine remains ignored. Both of my help requests about this have been ignored.

Help requests about other stuff have been responded to but this issue...
Nothing!

This is fucked up.
dj hardwork 12:16 PM - 14 February, 2014
I fell like they were making this product for the house style Dj. Rather than the Hip-Hop style Dj. I'm sticking with SL till this is fixed!
dj hardwork 12:17 PM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:

I feel like they were making this product for the house style Dj. Rather than the Hip-Hop style Dj. I'm sticking with SL till this is fixed!
Craig Dalzell 3:00 PM - 14 February, 2014
i'm having serious USB drop out issues running on 2ms and even after reducing maximum screen updates to 30, lowest i can compromise on both and not particularly happy with having to do that.. Just came over from ScratchLive where i never had issues like this even when using the "Bridge". I'm running Mavericks on my Mac with upgraded RAM etc.

If i hadn't just bought a DDJ-SP1 i'd be back on ScratchLive although i'm gonna have to do that if i want to incorporate any Ableton stuff into my sets which then renders my new £350 controller unusable, can't win!!

Please a stable version of 1.6 with support for "The Bridge" for the old guard ScratchLive users
Mick Swell 4:18 PM - 14 February, 2014
I hope that this isn't a change in the way they handle their customers going forward, with the new CEO and all. I could imagine a lot of customers switching over to the other side.
dj shadow from detroit 4:59 PM - 14 February, 2014
Im sure the last week has been hectic for them at the headquarters because they do care and Im sure they are trying to iron it out. Im real shocked they haven't taken down the download of 1.6 until they get the pitch n time , normal effects , midi panel and all the bugs fixed.

I believe in them but would of asked loyal serato users / testers even if it was limited to 50 people to download pitch n time free and lets team up and test within the team before this release.

You should never have to purchase and then test. Sure we find bugs and report them but this pitch n time obviously has huge bugs.
dj itsway 6:12 AM - 17 February, 2014
same issue here i did a test and took off the PITCH 'N TIME off and the indicator when off or set the latency to 2 ms and am sure there is enough cpu power this needs to get fix. i seen no reply from serato ?
DjCity 2:44 PM - 17 February, 2014
I have two help requests and both have been ignored.

I sent an email and that had been ignored too.

Had ANYONE seen ANYTHING from Serato about there problems?

Ham ANYONE seen whether Serato has at least acknowledged or plan to address these issues?
aleksey 3:00 PM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:
I have two help requests and both have been ignored.

I sent an email and that had been ignored too.

Had ANYONE seen ANYTHING from Serato about there problems?

Ham ANYONE seen whether Serato has at least acknowledged or plan to address these issues?

They responded to my help request regarding the same symptom. I'm pretty sure they noticed the issue and I'm also confident they will work on it. Just give them a few days time, SDJ 1.6 was released only two weeks ago. Software development can be a quite complex topic ;-)
dj kleber 8:15 PM - 17 February, 2014
Problems with Serato DJ Mixer DJM 900 1.6 and SRT ..

Recently bought a Mixer Djm 900 SRT, Use and started with my Macbook Pro i7 Quadcore Processor, 2.4 GHz, 4GB Memory, Video Card 1 GB, and 750 GB Hd 7200Rpm, used the mixer for 8 events, and 4 events he braked, stopped playing the music, or it gave error signal, thought it was RCA cables, changed all but the problem continued, I wonder if they had any solutions to the problem ....

e-mail:djkleberandrade@gmail.com
DJAlexander 7:10 PM - 18 February, 2014
@dj kleber
I have A DJM900SRT, MacBook with 10.8. 16 GB Ram, i5 (13") and used SDJ 1.6 for only two hours at home (I don't scratch), had no problems (using 2x turntables with timecode and 2x CDJ2000 NXS). Will try tomorrow for a longer time. Have you installed Video and PnT? I don't. I had 1.5.1 installed, skipped the 1.5.2 but I always keep the older versions (1.3. works best with NS6 I use a lot in small venues).
When I read the whole post, I believe the problem is when PnT and Serato Video is enabled. Looks like on of this expansion pack does not work well? Am I right (sorry my english, I'm from Switzerland).
DJSP1KE 7:14 PM - 18 February, 2014
ive not enabled pitch and time and have issues
dj-freestyle 7:47 PM - 18 February, 2014
I was told if they would have had the same light in scratch live we all would have had same issue. that we can just see now how taxing it is. thats answer i got.
DJ MARIO 619 9:23 PM - 18 February, 2014
1.6 seems to use allot more resources from my mac which elevates the temperatures really quick. When the system gets too hot it automatically closes Serato DJ 1.6. My work around is max out the fan speed on my system with a third party fan speed controller software. I had the same problem when I started using Serato Video. Higher resource usage ='s more heat. Too much heat without adequate dissipation ='s crash. I agree Serato needs to tidy up the software to work more efficiently to reduce heat and to make Serato DJ 1.6 less of a resource hog.
Tommy Deem 12:55 AM - 19 February, 2014
Agreed
Djjahburg 1:40 AM - 19 February, 2014
Yep
nik39 7:39 AM - 19 February, 2014
Kleber, is this a recent Mac book.?
DjCity 2:23 PM - 19 February, 2014
I used Mavricks and 1.5 out at a club and I heard slight clicking/crackeling.

Never had that issue with lion.
I used the exact same everything. Same speakers, same DDJ SX, same settings in Serato DJ. The only thing that was different was the computer and operating system.

Mavricks seems to not work well with Serato DJ.

I was not using fx, I was not running video. Audio only.
The crackeling was not real bad, not extremely noticeable but I heard it loud and clear. It sounded like the highs were too high.
I'm sure that's what it sounded like to the crowd but I know it was crackeling.

No warning lights, No dropout lights, just bad sound.
PorkyG 4:02 PM - 19 February, 2014
I have Mavericks and it works just fine.
DjCity 4:24 PM - 19 February, 2014
I'm happy for you but for the rest of us that are having issues...

We need a resolution.
PorkyG 4:27 PM - 19 February, 2014
I'm not discounting anyone else having issues, just chiming in because you want a solution so they need to hear both sides so the issue is resolved not just pin it on an OS problem and ignore other factors.

I'm not dismissing anyone, neither should you.
DjCity 4:40 PM - 19 February, 2014
I think you misunderstood me.

I am genuinely happy you have no problems.

The others that are having issues, me included, need a resolution.
DjCity 4:43 PM - 19 February, 2014
Quote:
I have Mavericks and it works just fine.

What are your specs?
What mixer or controller are you using?
What kind of speakers?
What are your settings in Serato DJ?
Buffer settings?

We need to know this info to be helpful in finding a solution.
DjCity 4:51 PM - 19 February, 2014
This is the email I sent to Serato.

Hello.

I purchased pitch n time dj. I also purchased the fx bundle.
The problem is that they are unusable.

I have opened a help request several days ago. I have not received an answer in 6 days now.

I have 2 mbp's. One is a brand new 2013 Retina i7 2.6GHz with 16GB ram running Mavricks with Serato DJ 1.6
It is unuseable. Video runs horrid. Pitch n time causes dropouts and it had bad sound.

The other MBP is a 2011 i7 2.5GHz with 16GB ram running Lion.
1.6 runs on it but with bad sound and pitch n time simply can not run on it at all. 1.5 runs like butter.

I can't use pitch n time at all on either computer. 1.6 had bad sound and video is not use able on Mavricks.

The fx bundle can't be used on 1.5 so I can't use them at all since I can't use 1.6 on Mavricks.
PorkyG 4:53 PM - 19 February, 2014
I did some stress testing I guess you can call it just yesterday after seeing posts about similar issues to this and audio drop outs.

PnT enabled I need to set both buffers to 5ms to not see any dropout light pop up, with Rane set to 5 and SDJ set to 3ms I do see the light but it's occasional yet doesn't produce any audio artifacts at all. It still isn't something I would want to chance so I adjusted till their was no light coming on at all (did test it with scratching).

PnT disabled I am able to set CPL to 3ms and SDJ to 1ms and not have any issues at all, I was able to drop CPL to 2 but there was some lag there and with the CPL set to 1 and SDJ set to 1 there was quite a bit of lag. Right now, my sweet spot is CPL at 3ms and SDJ at 1ms.

I posted my specs in a few threads similar to this one concerning buffer settings but no harm posting here as well.

OSX: Maverick 10.9.1
Intel Core i7
2.3 GHz
Processors: 1
Cores: 4
Memory: 16 GB
Mixer: Rane 62 Z-Trip
Needles: Ortofon Scratch

I've used them on a variety of audio setups and have had no issue at all with any setup.
dj-freestyle 4:56 PM - 19 February, 2014
sweet good to know. seems to be that people have to really set buffers correct or issues. lots more to do with serato dj then scratch live but im guesing with all the conttrollers and stuff that use serato dj its a lot more complicated then scratch live had to be.
PorkyG 5:00 PM - 19 February, 2014
Well I use turntables and that is probably the difference in the picture here, I am guessing it is an issue with how the controllers are being handled but I'm no expert so my guess is what it is just a guess.

I didn't read all the threads but it seems that from what I read it's a trend with controllers.
Is anyone with turntables having these issues? Maybe that will help nail it down?
DjCity 5:01 PM - 19 February, 2014
Thank you for the info PorkyG.

Hopefully my issue can get resolved.

I am mostly using my DDJ SX when playing out.
I have not really tested 1.6 with my 62 cause is rare that I bring my TT's out to a gig.
PorkyG 5:05 PM - 19 February, 2014
Yep, no problem any input helps everyone.

I haven't tested it with any controllers so if you test it with your turntables and no issues then one with turntables comes forward with an issue I think we can help them nail down where the issue is taking place. However, if someone with turntables (and not damaged needles) has issues then at least we know it's not just controllers.
dj-freestyle 5:08 PM - 19 February, 2014
Ive not has any issues with my ddj-sx but more with 62 and small issues nothing huge yet. i wa slucky enough to not have issues with scratch live at all really over my 7 years using serato so ive been lucky but i try to read and help so thanks porky. that helps to know.
DjCity 7:10 PM - 19 February, 2014
Another thing I've seen Sometimes is crates re-loading.

Serato DJ will be open and I'm playing and all of a sudden the yellow syrup on the bottom will come up and say "loading crates" even though my crates are already loaded.

I do not use an external HD.

I have not had a dropout with this but I'm concerned about this.
dj-freestyle 9:37 PM - 19 February, 2014
ya ive had that to. lots of weird stuff happening.
dj kleber 4:17 AM - 20 February, 2014
@nik39 My Macbook Pro and 2011 Use Video Sl today used in serato dj event, used with CDJ 2000 and DJM 900 Nexus srt, when I started using CDJs with the Vinyl so it Sobrecaregou processing and cut Audio, turned off the Mac, but then reconnected and not returned to normal ... I had to end with music on the flash drive .... and this image of him .... Overloading exceeded the number 4 when the clock he cut the audio ....

uploaddeimagens.com.br
dj kleber 4:18 AM - 20 February, 2014
@nik39 My Macbook Pro and 2011 Use Video Sl today used in serato dj event, used with CDJ 2000 and DJM 900 Nexus srt, when I started using CDJs with the Vinyl so it Sobrecaregou processing and cut Audio, turned off the Mac, but then reconnected and not returned to normal ... I had to end with music on the flash drive .... and this image of him .... Overloading exceeded the number 5 when the clock he cut the audio ....

uploaddeimagens.com.br
Maskrider 6:31 AM - 20 February, 2014
I'm just glad people are chiming in so they can sort it out....
DjCity 2:42 AM - 21 February, 2014
I got a response from my email to Serato.

He (I'm not gonna call out names) saw this thread and my other thread and the help requests.

Asked me to email him today at about 5 est. So we could set up and talk on the phone to look at these issues a little closer.

Well, I emailed him about 5pm........
Emailed him again about 6pm............
And again about 7:30pm.......................
And once again about 8:45pm................

No response, No call.
I am very disappointed!
popnwave 3:41 AM - 21 February, 2014
Quote:

He (I'm not gonna call out names) saw this thread and my other thread and the help requests.

Asked me to email him today at about 5 est. So we could set up and talk on the phone to look at these issues a little closer.

No response, No call.
I am very disappointed!

With the volume of traffic the issues of 1.6 are getting they probably are already working on something. Troubleshooting that over the phone won't really help, especially if the symptoms are similar to what the majority is having.
DjCity 3:55 AM - 21 February, 2014
If that were the case, I should not have received an email asking me to make myself available for a phone call.

I blocked out my entire afternoon and evening for this and got ignored.

Not cool...
popnwave 3:58 AM - 21 February, 2014
Ah I misread that, sorry!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:30 AM - 21 February, 2014
Hey everyone, the team is really busy with a lot of people updating their systems so you might not get an instant response but they will get back to you to help. If there are any threads you guys have that haven't been responded to at all or for a very long time, can you please link me? I'll see they get addressed.

If you are experiencing issues and haven't opened a help request, i'd recommend doing so also: serato.com

We want to get everyone up and running smoothly!

Also, sorry for the lack of reply in here :(

Sam.
nik39 6:47 AM - 21 February, 2014
Quote:

No response, No call.
I am very disappointed!

Did you agree on a specific time zone? Remember... You're a few hours apart.
DjCity 1:21 PM - 21 February, 2014
Yeah. We agreed on a specific time zone.
DjCity 3:25 PM - 21 February, 2014
@Samuel S

serato.com

I even sent an email that was responded to and we had set up a phone call but it did not happen.
DjCity 3:30 PM - 21 February, 2014
@Samuel S
He asked me to email him at a certain time.

I did.
Got no response

Emailed again a little later.
Still no response.

Emailed again.
Still no response.

As of today....
Still no response.
DjCity 3:42 PM - 21 February, 2014
I was playing in the house yesterday as I was waiting for Serato and I found that the longer you play, the worse the sound gets.

It sounded good for a while then the sound started to degrade. This is with PNT on. as soon as it's turned off, the sound gets better.

This is NOT with extreme pitch at all. In fact, pitch was at 0.

I really want this to work but right now I seem to have a very expensive paperweight in my late 2013 Mavericks MBP and a waste of money in PNT and FX bundle cause they are unuseable.
Handikap 5:38 PM - 22 February, 2014
I also noticed the sound of PnT changing. But it is completely related to the sounds in the track. Certain synth sounds in a track are destructively colored buy the PnT plugin. But other tracks sound ok.

PnT can sound very "robotic" at times, depending on the track. Initially I was praising the hell out of PnT, but with my recent crashes and colored sound, I am now regretting the $29 spent.

Well....back to 1.5.2, I guess...
DJAlexander 9:39 AM - 9 March, 2014
I've been working with 1.6. with my turntables and a DJM900SRT at one party and had no issues (I did spin aprox. 80% with vinyl, the rest was digital tracks with Time Code Vinyl). I did only notice, that at the end of the night (7 hours gig), the Mac Book was getting a bit slower. Sound was perfect, no drop outs. I have 8000 tracks on the MacBook, 320 kbps/256 ma4 files (iTunes-Songs).

Two days ago I purchased PnT for DJ. Hooked it up to my NS6 and played a set for 5 hours with no issues. I only noticed, that I have to turn off "scratch" and push the effects buttons (A/B) on the NS6 first before I enable a effect. Sometimes I have a dropout before I do this. But no Issues.

I run 10.7/10.8 (have two MacBooks).

So far I'm happy. Went back to use my NS6. It's much easier to hook up than a Pioneer 900er with all those cable options (digital, LAN, line, phono) when I play mobile. And PnT is great.

I still keep SDJ 1.3 and also 10.7./10.8. I will not use 10.9 (never change a running system)