Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How to get the Serato Control cd to jump to internal mode when it ends?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djstunna84 10:17 AM - 16 January, 2014
I just got a cdj 900 and using it with serato control cds. When the cd finishes on track 2 it ends and whatever im mixing/playing stops. Im use to using vinyl in relative mode and when the vinyl reaches the end serato automatically changes to internal mode and keeps the song going.

Is there anyway to do this similar thing using the cdj so that it jumps to internal mode when track 2 ends? is it a setting in serato or on the cdj or both? any help would be great. thanks.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:57 PM - 16 January, 2014
Hey stunna,

Make sure the dipswitches on the input side of your SL3 are set to 'line' not 'phono'.
djstunna84 1:28 AM - 17 January, 2014
hey zach, im sure the dipswitches are already set to line
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:42 PM - 17 January, 2014
The only time I've heard of this is when they aren't. Please verify.
djstunna84 1:56 AM - 22 January, 2014
zach your refering to the 3 switches at the back of the box right? im sure they have been switched to line as the indicator on serato software shows the grey line at full and NOT red so that means its set to line right?
DjBobbyBuzz 4:35 PM - 13 November, 2015
Im having same issue with SL1 (actually my box just says scratch live on it). I dont understand why it will jump to internal mode on vinyl but not cds. There has to be a way to get that to happen....please help, thanks
Rayza184 3:50 AM - 15 November, 2015
What I do is i set up a loop so near the end of the timecode the player loops back to a point near the beginning. Just make sure your loop point does not start at the very beginning and does not end at the very end of the timecode. So about 1 minute in and 2 minutes before it ends.