Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ + DDJ-SX + Korg nanoPAD2 on Windows

AxelGiqueaux 2:15 AM - 24 December, 2013
Hello,

I had many troubles with Serato DJ 1.5.2 with the Pioneer DDJ-SX and the Korg nanoPAD2 on Windows 8.1.

When I start Serato DJ with the nanoPAD it is not recognized. After looking around i have found someone with the same trouble with ScratchLive serato.com I had exactly the same problems. I had to restart in some condition to have it recognized but still not working. And if i restarted the both plugged the DDJ-SX was not recognized. I have tried everything, several USB ports, connections order... nothing was working.

Finally I have found a solution. Create a virtual midi port recognized by Serato DJ in your computer and connect the nanoPAD2 to it.

THE SOLUTION

1 - Download and install LoopBe1 (Freeware) www.nerds.de
LoopBe1 is an internal MIDI device for transferring MIDI data between computer programs.

2 - Download and install MIDI-OX (Freeware) www.midiox.com
MIDI-OX is an all-purpose MIDI Utility.

3 - Do not connect the nanoPAD2, open Serato DJ, connect and power up the DDJ-SX

4 - Connect your nanoPAD2, open MIDI-OX, trigger buttons on the nanoPAD you should see the MIDI informations in MIDI-OX. If nothing happens you have something wrong.

5 - In MIDI-OX go to Options > Midi Devices
a - Be sure to have "Automatically attach Inputs to Outputs during selection" checked
b - in MIDI Input select nanoPAD2
c - in MIDI Output select LoopBe Internal MIDI
d - Click OK for validation

6 - Reduce the MIDI-OX window (do not close it). The nanoPAD now works in Serato DJ

You have to do the steps 3 to 6 every time you want to use the DDJ-SX with the nanoPAD2