Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Using this V.S VDMX

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DJM-900SRT
Host
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Baird 5:09 PM - 23 December, 2013
Hey guys
Am into videos and wanted more out of Serato Video. This sounds great and I want to try it soon. I heard of VDMX and wanted to know can I do the same as VDMX?. What's the benefit of use this V.S. VDMX?. Any information would be gladly appreciated.
Thank You
Code:E 6:42 AM - 27 December, 2013
VDMX is a VJ application (like Resolume, Grand VJ and Modul8) which means it is a video playing program and does not sync to serato for playing music video or anything like that. But there are some advanced VJ's like myself who use Resolume in conjunction with Serato. but none of use use Serato video, we use Mix Emergency, www.inklen.com Jump into that 1st and then once you omfertable with it learn about Syphon syphon.v002.info Then you can start using ME with some other VJ application to take you video show to a pro level.
Code:E 6:42 AM - 27 December, 2013
also update you OS to 10.8.5
Baird 5:41 PM - 27 December, 2013
Why not Serato Video??, am thinking the pluging is the future guess am wrong!!!. I do have Mix Emergency which I purchase a few years ago, I also have an ACP 40 just sitting around lol. Send me a link to a video or something to get me motivated please.
Thank You
Code:E 6:01 PM - 27 December, 2013
Quote:
Why not Serato Video??

Use ME for a afternoon (in demo mode) and you will see why it's a superior Video plugin. Its just better in almost every single way. The only serato video has on it is a larger media bank. ME is like the pro Video plugin and Serato Video is the entry level Video program. \

There are tons and tons of video on youtube and this forum. Look for phatbobs youtube account.
Baird 6:05 PM - 27 December, 2013
Can I run 10.9.1 on Serato DJ?
Baird 7:54 PM - 27 December, 2013
Hey Guys
Syphon is a free download or is there a price?
Code:E 1:50 AM - 28 December, 2013
Quote:
Can I run 10.9.1 on Serato DJ?

Yes
Quote:
Hey Guys
Syphon is a free download or is there a price?

Syphon is free. :)
Baird 3:16 AM - 28 December, 2013
Am not getting my DJM 900 SRT and DDJ SP1 working with 10.9.1. My files are not loading into the decks. Do I have to download Scratch Live again for ME to work?.
Code:E 5:05 AM - 28 December, 2013
Hummm... you may need to install drivers for those devices. Check the pioneer website.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:28 AM - 29 December, 2013
Hi Baird,

as of now, Mix Emergency does not work with Serato DJ. However you may want to check out this link: www.inklen.com
and also the latest public beta of Serato DJ (version 1.6, get it here: serato.com)

That said, you seem to be having trouble getting your DJM900SRT to work. Did you try with Scratch Live (won't work) or with Serato DJ? (should work)

In case of the latter, please check out our connection troubleshooting guide here:
serato.com

And if that does not help, please let me know.

Cheers.
Karl
Code:E 10:39 AM - 29 December, 2013
you can syphon out of serato video now. I saw a youtube video doing it to mad mapper via some sort of virtual screen capture syphon plugin.
Baird 1:05 PM - 29 December, 2013
Hi Guys
Just wanna Thank you very much, I appreciate all the advice so far.
So this is the deal, after updating my Mac to 10.9.1 there was a problem with the Online downloading. Apple fix that issue yesterday for me, Serato DJ works great with the new operating system DJM 900 SRT and DDJ SP1 ran like a monster :). Should I update ME to the latest version, or should I continue to use Serato Video plugin with Syphon?
Thanks Again for your support.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 2:20 PM - 29 December, 2013
Hi Baird,

Syphon is not part of Serato Video.
What Code:E suggested is a discontinued screen capture software that forwards to Syphon, but is not available on OS X greater than 10.6 as far as i remember.
Did you check out the links i provided above?

Cheers
Karl
Baird 3:23 PM - 29 December, 2013
Hi Karl
Just checked out the link, very interesting. So with the latest version of ME, and SDJ thats all I need, sweet. Is Beta the official upgrade or it's enter at your own risk :))
Serato, Support
Karl Y 3:31 PM - 29 December, 2013
It's enter at your own risk, or wait until release :-)

Cheers
Karl
Baird 4:00 PM - 29 December, 2013
Okay thanks, I will let me know how things go
Javi Zapata 1:17 AM - 5 September, 2015
Hello guys I have a question? I use serato video and I jut purchase a big led screen, when I drag the serato video output windo and make it fullscreen on my led video screen the video comes really big, is there a way I can resize the output window to fit my led screen???
Code:E 5:22 AM - 5 September, 2015
Quote:
Hello guys I have a question? I use serato video and I jut purchase a big led screen, when I drag the serato video output windo and make it fullscreen on my led video screen the video comes really big, is there a way I can resize the output window to fit my led screen???

You need a whole lot of pro gear to do it right. You will need to scale your video output down to the same resolution as your LED video wall. Software might do it for you. I prefer hardware, being that your using serato video I assume your on a PC and not a mac, in that case hardware is the way to go for you. something like this is what I see on riders for music festivals all the time. www.barco.com