Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NO sound with pioneer ddj sx on the master channel or the headphones

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJCD1900 9:42 PM - 11 December, 2013
Hey guys
at first sorry for my bad english. i hope you could help me.
i have the newest frimware
i got the newest update for serato but when i want to use the ddj sx as an midi controller there is no signal on the master channel or on the headphones. I'm really sad and hope you could perhaps help me i have a win 7 pc with i5 intel and one month everything has worked fine :s
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:08 AM - 12 December, 2013
Hi DJCD1900,

Thanks for get in touch with us. I will try to explain this easy as possible so you can understand.

I think It sounds like you may have the incorrect Windows audio setting selected.

Try following the below steps.

1. Close Serato DJ.
2. Plug in your DDJ‑SX directly to your computers USB port and power it on.
3. Click the Windows START button and search "SOUND".
4. Open the SOUND preference window.
5. Navigate to the PLAYBACK tab.
6. Make sure your LAPTOP/SPEAKERS are set as the DEFAULT playback device.
7. Launch Serato DJ.

Do you now have sound output to your speakers?

Let me know how you get on :)
DJCD1900 3:49 PM - 12 December, 2013
thank you rui k
i can understand everything :)

Unfortunately this does not work :/
any section works alone. but if you try to play the music which you can load with the controller fr example in deck 1 it has only a signal with the leds in the channel but not in the master.

you only have sound on each channel but nothing on the master or the headphones! BUT when i use the line it works. i can play external signal from one deck and the master leds are working and there is a soundout :s i'm really cofused :/
Serato, Support
Rui K 4:46 AM - 13 December, 2013
Hi DJCD1900,

Thanks for your reply.

Let's try install latest driver and firmware and see how it go.

You can download and install from here: pioneerdj.com

Please read and follow update guide very carefully(for firmware) and proceed upgrade.

Please let me know how it go.

Kind Regards
Rui
DJCD1900 9:50 PM - 15 December, 2013
Hey Rui K

i have delete serato and the frimware installed it again but it FIRST did not work, BUT after trying it again and again it works suddenly without any setting or new configuration i don't know how that could be possible but this has really happened. i think it was the software or frimware which made the problemes.

thank you very much
c u :)
LaDjkaoz 5:35 AM - 29 April, 2015
any ideas why this happend I have the same problem with this other pc I had arond here..