Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

crackle after a few hours - Itch on Mavericks?

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
bluefoot 9:26 AM - 1 December, 2013
Second gig I've played using a new Macbook i7 with 8 gb RAM. After an hour or two of smooth playing crackling was heard through speakers and headphones. Had to plug phone into p.a. while restart sorted all. Played another 3 hours after restart no issues.

New Mac is on Mavericks OS.

Itch is build 2.1.0 (40) - my fav beta and been very reliable since release.

Did a gig the week before for 6 hours - no problems. Am wondering if this could be old USB Cable and will test, but obviously also wonder: anyone else having issues with itch on Mavericks?

Numark, Support
NumarkMatt 3:56 PM - 3 December, 2013
Hi bluefoot,

Sorry to hear of this trouble. My suggestions would be to upgrade to Serato DJ as Itch is now a legacy product and does not support the Maverick OS.
bluefoot 4:44 PM - 8 December, 2013
k
bluefoot 10:12 AM - 14 December, 2013
Sorry to say that last night i got the crackle back.

As recommended I updated and am now running serato 1.5.2 (15217).

This is on a macbook pro 2.9GHz Intel Core i7, 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3, OSX 10.9.

It was 5 hours into my gig before this crackling began. The CPU meter had not noticeably spiked and was not showing any excessive load. The crackle was audible from master out and headphone out - so definitely my kit and nothing to do with P.A.

Your thoughts please?
Numark, Support
NumarkMatt 10:24 PM - 16 December, 2013
Hi Bluefoot,

Turn off internet, anti virus, bluetooth and see if that helps. The NS6 and Serato DJ are not yet supported on this OS, until updates and support is provided for this OS i would suggest trying a supported OS to see if that clears the trouble, if it doesn't then you can gather it either being your computer or your NS6.
bluefoot 7:49 AM - 17 December, 2013
All the things are already off.

Please do not close this thread - it will take me time to find the time to roll back OS and fully soak test this machine - in the meantime I will be using my backup Macbook (still on OS 10.6.8) at gigs.
bluefoot 9:03 PM - 27 January, 2014
Hi Matt,

I didn't rollback, i dusted off a backup Mac and have run Itch successfully.

Just wondering - is there support yet for the NS6 using Serato on mavericks?
ceedogg13 2:59 AM - 3 February, 2014
sent mine in for the same reason . it crackle on my imac and pc.updated everything turned off everything still crackles.. bought better Usb cords same noise.. I bought my ns6 last year all I had was issues think im gonna try the new pioneer or traktor s4 mk2