Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Key tag and flac

Leafie 7:37 PM - 26 November, 2013
It seems there is a problem with Serato DJ reading "key" tags from flac files.

I have used Keyfinder to create the tags and it read them back ok, so I assume they are there, but in DJ they are only shown for WAV files.

Any ideas?
Leafie 8:58 PM - 25 May, 2014
Still not working.....
Leafie 9:31 PM - 31 May, 2014
If it's a problem with inconsistant tag names just add the option is setup to enter the tag to use as key.
Leafie 11:07 PM - 27 October, 2014
Still not working.....
Riko Roos 12:10 PM - 28 October, 2014
Yeah. Fix that flac issue please - and it's not only the 'initial key' tag, cover art is not read in too...
blackavenger 1:29 PM - 28 October, 2014
+1
Leafie 4:39 PM - 29 January, 2015
Still not working....
Cwite 3:17 PM - 30 January, 2015
I must have a similar issue to this. I will have to check. I have just down loaded some wav files. Played them on serato dj for a while and then scanned them with record box to get key info. Re scanned the files tags with serato dj but no key data is populated. Most of my tracks up to now have been Mp3 and never had an issue before. Hmmmmm...
blackavenger 4:55 PM - 30 January, 2015
Wav doesn't support meta data.
Cwite 9:42 PM - 30 January, 2015
Well that's annoying, but thanks :)
Name already taken 6:40 PM - 15 November, 2018
Hi, I have started another thread related to issues with Flac files. Please check it out. Any constructive input you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(hopefully someday serato Flac will work properly, but until then maybe we can combine our knowledge to best work around these issues)

Link to thread - serato.com
YZ 7:02 PM - 15 November, 2018
Quote:
Hi, I have started another thread related to issues with Flac files. Please check it out. Any constructive input you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(hopefully someday serato Flac will work properly, but until then maybe we can combine our knowledge to best work around these issues)

Link to thread - serato.com

ok, now you're looking like a real loser. 3 re-hashed 2014 topics by you.