DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ's: Has DJing boosted your ego or enhanced your love life?

Kidd Kumar 3:12 AM - 17 October, 2013
Just a thought, how many people had their lives change DRASTICALLY after getting the big time gigs, holding new residencies, and just being known as a public figure throughout your city?

I never thought this in a million years, nor would i ever have saw this coming if you would ask me 7 years ago, but DJing definetely improved my social life big time - Yes, i'm not afraid to admit it.

DJing along side gogo dancers, and beautiful bartenders, it just makes your job hell of alot more fun. The sexy gogo dancers come in the DJ booth and start grinding on ya, and even when its the other DJs turn to take over, she would literally pull me up on the dance floor before i can go out for a smoke and start dancing with me in the middle of it - Alot of glares from envious men who wish they were me at that time.

We are very compatible, she invites me over to her house, we hit it off pretty well, we go on regular dates and just hang out. Everyone that sees me with her is hella jealous and wish they were me.. i can see why. I'm sure if i wasn't a DJ, i wouldn't be able to meet girls like this. Being the DJ that makes her dance is a great ice breaker i guess?

She dances at a variety of spots on rotation now, we hired new bartenders at the club and i'm fooling around with 2 of em. 10 years ago before i started DJing my friends and I would have never imagined girls like them hanging out with less than average guys like us, let alone passing the friend zone barrier towards doing the "fun stuff" Sometimes i just think that life is just a dream and one day we will wake up LOL.

One thing i love the most is, when my exes run into me in the mall or at a bar, they HATE THEMSELVES, cause it looks like i upgraded majorly while they're pulling along their BELOW-LESS-THAN-AVERAGE Men.

I'll admit, that wit the amount of money i'm also bringing in by contracting out to various spots... i can eventually quit my day job, and focus on going back to school to pursue a career.

Who else has had their life change while DJing?
auttomattik 5:41 AM - 17 October, 2013
You ever suck dick for coke? Well I have.
the_black_one 5:53 AM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
You ever suck dick for coke? Well I have.

no misquote needed

NM NH
DJ SPAIR 9:39 AM - 17 October, 2013
DJ Benny B NYC 4:00 PM - 17 October, 2013
nope none of that shit ever happened to me, i generally just dj in my own zone then leave when im done... sounds fun though
auttomattik 5:19 PM - 17 October, 2013
RobDJ dotcom 5:58 PM - 17 October, 2013
I never really did bad with the ladies. But with club residencies I had chicks sitting in line on the couch waiting for their turn to horizontal boogie with me at the after parties I threw. Real talk. Real rotation, or sometimes just a big naked pile. And now being grown and married I'm content, not thinking "damn I would give anything to cheat on my wife with three naked girls in a hotel room". Been there. Done that. A few times. Over it.

In short, YEAH, being the star of the club helped step my game up. And stepping my game up helped me grow up so I can be in a happy relationship. Not preoccupied with "gee I wish I woulda, shoulda, coulda". I DID.
Kool DJ Sheak One 6:07 PM - 17 October, 2013
Don't get AIDS and focus on the music!
MISTER RIPPER 6:32 PM - 17 October, 2013
helll yeah !!!
RobDJ dotcom 8:31 PM - 17 October, 2013
Wow. I expected this convo would be going OFF with posts about freak-fests. Guess the spotlight doesn't have the same effect on everybody. Or maybe the trend of emotionless sex with multiple women at the same time with no strings attached has faded. I am... surprised.
CMOS 8:38 PM - 17 October, 2013
All I can say is don't shit where you eat.
Mr. Goodkat 8:44 PM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
All I can say is don't shit where you eat.

exactly or enhancing will quit being enhanced. unless you are feature out of town dj, then you can do as you like.
DJ SPAIR 9:53 PM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
Wow. I expected this convo would be going OFF with posts about freak-fests. Guess the spotlight doesn't have the same effect on everybody. Or maybe the trend of emotionless sex with multiple women at the same time with no strings attached has faded. I am... surprised.

Well,what's the point of bragging about girls you bang? Is it any different from not being a DJ and bragging about it? I say no. There's groupies in all industries/subcultures. Most girls who want to sleep with you because your "the DJ" are purely doing it for status.
auttomattik 10:08 PM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Well,what's the point of bragging about girls you bang? Is it any different from not being a DJ and bragging about it? I say no. There's groupies in all industries/subcultures. Most girls who want to sleep with you because your "the DJ" are purely doing it for status.

Yes Sir!!!
Mr. Goodkat 10:34 PM - 17 October, 2013
the sooner you realize those btches are worthless in real life and you are wasting your time, it becomes much less fun. have fun while it lasts though. You gotta think, if a chick thinks being a dj is cool, then a they're dumb, two they've ran through a gang of other djs or musicians and thats just their deal.
d:raf 7:54 AM - 18 October, 2013
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "backfired thread" or not...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:44 PM - 18 October, 2013
So you're admitting that you'd be a straight cornball if it weren't for your DJ career...

Cool story bro!
phonze 11:13 PM - 18 October, 2013
Boosted my ego? To be honest I feel almost embarassed when I have to tell people I DJ with all of these new cats with masks and shit trying to do it. But yeah the chicks eyeing you is always cool.
RobDJ dotcom 1:46 PM - 19 October, 2013
Quote:

You're right. "Backfired" may not apply. But missing the point of my post certainly does. I'm sorry if y'all found it misleading. I didn't mean to imply that if you're a dweeb DJ'ing will get you pu$$y. Or that DJ'ing is a great way to meet good quality women to have long term relationships with. I thought my post was simple. I did pretty good with chicks. Then I started spinning. I played clubs. I ran trains with freaks. I moved on. I guess my point was, per the title of this convo, that DJ'ing upped the meaningless freaky sex portion of my game. As well as opportunities to meet and work with celebrities and get paid to do something I LOVE to do.
Niro 4:02 PM - 19 October, 2013
Most DJs are straight up nerds.
Chrisjin 5:23 PM - 19 October, 2013
Mr. Goodkat 6:40 PM - 19 October, 2013
Quote:

lol, there was a point when they where mainly record nerds and drug enthusiasts. now they're social and computer nerds.
Mr. Goodkat 6:42 PM - 19 October, 2013
theres just as easy of a way to get chicks, get rich or spend what money you do have on them. the same results will occur, and you dont have to deal with club owners/mgmt.
Kool DJ Sheak One 6:31 PM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:

DJ Khaled is not a nerd.
And he the best!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:36 PM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

You're right. "Backfired" may not apply. But missing the point of my post certainly does. I'm sorry if y'all found it misleading. I didn't mean to imply that if you're a dweeb DJ'ing will get you pu$$y. Or that DJ'ing is a great way to meet good quality women to have long term relationships with. I thought my post was simple. I did pretty good with chicks. Then I started spinning. I played clubs. I ran trains with freaks.

So let me get this straight, your bragging that you climbed the social ladder high enough to be able to score a girl whos down fuck everyone? Good for ya i guess :/
CMOS 7:39 PM - 21 October, 2013
No no no shes only down to fuck people she feels are powerful and can get her free stuff.

Shes not a normal ho, she has gold plated crabs son.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:54 PM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:
No no no shes only down to fuck people she feels are powerful and can get her free stuff.

Shes not a normal ho, she has gold plated crabs son.

Well he said he was ridin trains so that would imply multiple powerful people at once.....i wonder which turn he got? Was it the caboose? Was is before or after the head of security and the bartender? Did he at least go before the coke dealer they met in the bathroom? These are need to know variables!
Mr. Goodkat 7:56 PM - 21 October, 2013
thing is, its not really hard to bang chicks that run trains, you just needed the confidence to do it. i guess if djing helped then thats good.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:23 PM - 25 October, 2013
RobDJ dotcom 8:27 PM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
serato.com

Classic rookie mistake. I expected more out of the boy.
Papa Midnight 10:01 PM - 25 October, 2013

Chrisjin: I think your avatar probably sums up everything even better.

Also: i.imgur.com
d:raf 10:49 PM - 1 November, 2013
blogs.miaminewtimes.com

Quote:
Six Reasons to Never Have Sex With a DJ
By Kat Bein Wed., Oct. 30 2013 at 1:00 PM
129 Comments
Categories: Lists, Talking Shit

Calm down, party girl/boy. Before you go flaunting your shiz in the face of the selector, think about what you're really getting yourself into.

Sure, dating (or even just fucking) a DJ seems like it would be a perk-filled romp through Awesomeville's romance district. Your new beau will not only shower you with ego-stroking affection, but (s)he comes with an endless playlist of sick tunes, free drinks, free drugs, VIP access, and the ability to skip any line imaginable.

Well, you can stop right there. Because even if you get any one of those things up front, you can pretty much bet that it's going to end badly. Then you're going to feel like an idiot and a prostitute. How do we know? We've been there. Learn from our mistakes.

Author's Note: I am a heterosexual woman and therefore can only speak on the subject of sleeping with male DJs. I don't claim that these deal breakers apply to female DJs (of which there are plenty, you sexist prick). I now revert to strict use of male pronouns. Special thanks to the fellas who made this post possible. In the end, you were worth something.

He Got Into This for One Reason: Free Pussy
We were watching the incredibly fantastic film High Fidelity and LOL-ed when we heard the main character relate how he met main love interest Laura while DJing. He says something like "picking up interesting girls is kind of the whole point of the DJ thing in the first place." It's true. More likely than not, your DJ beau grew up a nerdy target for jocks, and now he's living out his wildest dreams of actually being one of the cool kids. There is always some groupie whore right around the corner with giant puppy eyes and a mouth ready to suck up every last inch of almost-famous cock in the world. This is a battle you can't win. Your feelings don't measure up to groupie competition. Don't let him turn you into one of them.

His Inflated Ego Is Only a Mask for a Really Sad Soul
You wouldn't believe how many DJs cry about their lives when no one else is around. Don't forget, this is Revenge of the Nerds time, and they are probably still holding on to a lot of feelings of inferiority. It's true what they say, you can't love someone until you love yourself, and your mother was right, you can't fix him. Even if it feels serious, he'll eventually hit that point where his bitterness kicks in and he sabotages the whole relationship anyway. You're wasting your time.

He More Than Likely Has a Substance-Abuse Problem and Is Bad With Money
Some of the successful DJs stop partying so hard, but some of them are just raging alcoholics. Even the local DJs you sleep with will end up spending more money on coke than romantic dinners for two. And remember, they got into this because having a real job is obviously terrible and means they've given up on their childhood dreams of being a rock star. (Never grow up, never surrender.) If they're rich now, they're probably going to spend it all on sneakers or drugs or equipment (because they are all obsessed with gear), and unless they change names and genres and ride the fickle craze wave like a scene prophet for the next 30 years (unlikely), they're eventually going to end up broke. And they didn't go to college.

No One Wants to Go Out That Much, It Gets Real Old Real Fast
Whether or not your DJ beau gets steady gigs, you can be sure he has a revolving schedule of places to be for every day of the week. If you hope to stand a chance against the endless horde of early 20-somethings waving their empty heads and Forever 21-clad asses in his face, you're going to have to stand in the DJ booth next to him. It's fun at first, but after a while, you want to burn all your heels and spend the rest of your life sleeping. He won't be stoked when his party-ready babe turns into a real woman with responsibilities and grown-ass clothing, and he'll end up drunk enough to one day sneak away with some slut. That, or you develop a substance-abuse problem of your own, and that's no fun either.

You Will Be Haunted by Him ... Forever
If he's relatively successful, your first thought might be, "Wow, this is so cool. I've never crushed on someone who I can watch on YouTube or look up on Wikipedia before. It's kind of like we're always together." But inevitably, he reveals himself to be a selfish, disrespectful sack of human garbage, and you decide that you're never touching his penis again. But that's not the end of it! Even with local DJs, you're going to find yourself wandering the streets and suddenly -- BAM! -- his stupid DJ name is on some fucking flyer stuck to your car window, his face is on someone's t-shirt, or some drunk asshole at a party will be like, "Didn't you fuck so-and-so?" Even as we write this, some douchebag man-child we used to fornicate with appears in some news ticker, mocking us. Some mistakes never die.

No Bath in the World Will Keep You From Feeling Like a Dirty Trick
Unless you're actually a groupie (how do you girls sleep at night?), you're going to feel really abused when this is all over. You were young, you thought he was being sincere, but you were just naïve. Save yourself the hassle and just start turning DJs down. Tell them it's because they're DJs. It's way more fun to see the look of wonder and disappointment on their faces when you brush them off than to face the dehumanizing feels you'll have when it's all said and done. Trust us. They can take it.
Kool DJ Sheak One 11:16 PM - 1 November, 2013
Butthurt groupie bitch that got dicked over by a douchebag DJ
d:raf 1:53 AM - 2 November, 2013
So it seems... lol
RobDJ dotcom 2:35 AM - 2 November, 2013
Quote:
Save yourself the hassle and just start turning DJs down. Tell them it's because they're DJs. It's way more fun to see the look of wonder and disappointment on their faces when you brush them off than to face the dehumanizing feels you'll have when it's all said and done.

She said she was speaking from her point of view, so Imma speak from mine.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

I could have pointed out about 35 more points of BS from that pathetic rant but I'm not gonna waste my time. While I'm sure all the fellas in here are shook cause that chick, that obviously got turned out, just blew our cover and exposed us (hahahahaha), I think we'll be okay. Even though we all "got into this for one reason: free pussy", we also kinda enjoy playing music. And even though this chick exposed us all as the evil, heartless, no-good, mo-fo's we really are, we're still gonna play music, people are still gonna dance, and the "free pussy" is still just part of the gig.
 6 10:17 PM - 2 November, 2013
Quote:
Butthurt groupie bitch that got dicked over by a douchebag DJ

This right here.

nm
DJ_Gold 9:33 PM - 28 December, 2013
She wrote that article and she's still a THOT on the emotional IR list.
HighGrade562 6:04 AM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

lol, there was a point when they where mainly record nerds and drug enthusiasts. now they're social and computer nerds.

I'm still a record nerd and drug enthusiast. Keep it Old School.
Mr. Goodkat 9:31 AM - 30 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm still a record nerd and drug enthusiast. Keep it Old School.

all day.
SAYEH* 10:40 AM - 30 December, 2013
Quote:
blogs.miaminewtimes.com

Quote:
Six Reasons to Never Have Sex With a DJ
By Kat Bein Wed., Oct. 30 2013 at 1:00 PM
129 Comments
Categories: Lists, Talking Shit

THE TRUTH FOR ALL YOU BASIC LOOKIN-ASS BITCHES OUT THERE:

1) HE GOT INTO THIS FOR ONE REASON: the MUSIC
If there's pussy it's a perk, not the main attraction. Some DJs rub their faces in it (literally) and others have standards.

2) DJ'S DON'T ALWAYS HAVE AN INFLATED EGO.
Some are indeed douchebags and ruin it for the rest of us but most of us are weird, superfan music nerd types who want nothing but for someone to appreciate their craft and their offbeat taste in music.

3) HE MOST LIKELY ONLY SMOKES WEED and MAY GET A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY AT GC & the LOCAL RECORD STORE.
Seriously, since when has DJing and alcohol gone together? Real alcoholics can't DJ for shit and I've seen em in action too: they're called hecklers. And yes, those Dicers were a necessary purchase!

4) WE HAVE LIVES THAT DON'T INVOLVE NIGHTCLUBS AND GOGO DANCERS.
And if anybody is only showing you this side of himself, he just wants to fuck.

5) OKAY WOW, WHOEVER WROTE THIS GARBAGE NEEDS A SHRINK

6) NO AMOUNT OF POUTING ABOUT BEING TREATED LIKE AN OBJECT WILL EVER CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU DID THE SAME TO HIM
I compare dating a person for their career to a racial fetish: They become an object on which you project all of your fantasies and expectations of them based on one tiny aspect of themselves. It's dehumanizing and who wants to stick around for someone who can only appreciate the glamorous parts. And if someone's okay with that, it's because they intend to do the exact same to you.

---Sincerely,
A bitter lookin-ass DJ who's been there, done that and wants none of it ever again.
SAYEH* 10:54 AM - 30 December, 2013
But for reals, this thread is sorta douchey and unnecessary. Check your egos at zee door, ladies and gents.