Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

"NUMARK V7" SUPPORT!!!!!!

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
bigStripe 5:24 PM - 9 October, 2013
I wanted to know what Serato was going to do to restore the faith for Numark V7 users, We feel that we have been left for dead, the way you keep pushing the compatibility back for the V7?????
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:23 PM - 9 October, 2013
Hey bigStripe,

We're currently working at getting the V7 compatible with Serato DJ. This is something we have been working on for some time now, and we plan to have this ready by December. You can find more on that here - serato.com

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Micah
bigStripe 12:44 AM - 18 October, 2013
Not Really....I said: "what is Serato going to do to restore the faith for Numark V7 users, We feel that we have been left for dead, the way you keep pushing the compatibility back for the V7?????" We were told Summer, Fall, Spring, etc, etc.... Feel that's pretty messed up! What is this link going to do for me????? >>> "(You can find more on that here - serato.com)" How is that supposed to help??? ...did you even go to that link? just wondering! I know what a V7 is, that link is not helpful in answering my question at all! Please don't blow smoke..., be straight with your customers! Maybe something like "the V7 was not that big of a seller, so we had to spend our resources on controllers that are more lucrative" or something! What you gave me Micah was BS... for real! :)
Panotaker 2:14 PM - 18 October, 2013
There is no way to predict when something is going to be fixed, all they can do is give you a ball park date. If that date comes and it is still not fixed, they will just give you another ball park date. You are not missing much by not having Serato DJ. It was released for the NS7 and it doesn't work right with that, so I am still using Itch. The good thing is that hopefully, by the time it is released, they will have all the bugs worked out. I am waiting too, I have an NS7 and a pair of V7's. I will upgrade to the NS72 when and if they get all the problems worked out.
Lord Fluff 7:57 AM - 27 November, 2013
Ok, as December is now only a few days away…..

Micah - is this still definitely happening in December? Any hint at to whether it's more like 1st or 31st?
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:18 PM - 27 November, 2013
Hey Lord Fluff,

Yes, the Serato DJ 1.6 beta will be out in December which has V7 compatibility. I'm unaware of what date specifically in December the beta will be released.

Hope that helps :-)

Cheers,
Micah
Lord Fluff 9:43 AM - 28 November, 2013
Thanks Micah - good to know it's still on track for December at least.
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:34 PM - 28 November, 2013
No problem :-)
Simonbadd 12:05 PM - 4 December, 2013
Hi There,

Its December, I have a gig on Saturday 7th December, compatibility for V7 is not out, yet again, what I think is serato is having difficulties because of V7's abilities, the best way to treat us customers with V7s is to tell us the truth, so we can move on by buying new controllers with compatibility or best go for Tracktor products.

I love serato and my V7 but this is ridiculous, I switched to V7 because of feedback you get from turntables when subwoofer bass hits the pin to make it jump.

Micah G from serato please just be truthful to us so we can move on.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Simonbadd.
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:50 PM - 5 December, 2013
Hi Simonbadd,

As I've said above V7 support IS in Serato DJ 1.6. The Serato DJ 1.6 Beta will be out this month, so you can test your V7 with Serato DJ then.

Cheers,
Micah
Simonbadd 8:08 PM - 5 December, 2013
Hi Micah,

Thanks for your reply, you can understand the frustration we V7 owners are going through.
Majority of V7 owners are professional Djs, thats why we like to keep our dj software up to date.

Once again thanks for your update and prompt reply.

Kind regards.

Simonbadd.
Serato, Support
Micah G. 8:14 PM - 5 December, 2013
Hi Simonbadd,

I totally understand the frustration with it, we want this release to be rock solid for you all so we've put in a lot of work to get it supported for this release. Once the beta drops give it a go and let us know how you find it :-)

Cheers,
Micah
Boombox 6:03 PM - 7 December, 2013
Rock solid beta! Get in :P
sinjintek 9:42 PM - 7 December, 2013
I hate to nitpick over a technicality... but 1.6 doesn't officially release until February 2015. so you're not "officially supporting" our hardware in December 2014. Once again, you guys are pushing us back and we never even get an apology.. I have to agree with BigStripe, you guys make us feel completely disregarded. Without midi support, Serato Video has been practically useless from any sort of "performance" standpoint. I didn't buy my V7s for spinning platters because I think they "look cool"
Serato, Support
Micah G. 10:32 PM - 8 December, 2013
Hey sinjintek,

I completely understand the frustration in waiting for the V7 to be supported. It is a complex piece of equipment which has thrown up some unexpected hurdles in the process of migrating the V7 from the ITCH platform over to Serato DJ. We did not want to release this controller too early with limited functionality.

It will be included in both the beta release this month and the final release early next year. We wanted to include the V7 in the 1.6 beta so that we can gain feedback on how the controller operates, this will allow us to make sure it is 100% rock solid in time for the final release of Serato DJ 1.6 next year.

Cheers,
Micah
bigStripe 7:59 PM - 9 December, 2013
Micah G.
I see a big political career for you in the future…
..your empathy needs a little work :)
Geez!
Serato, Support
Micah G. 8:40 PM - 9 December, 2013
Don't know about becoming a politician any time soon hahaha, but I have just had a play around on the V7 with the 1.6 beta and it's awesome. The beta will be out real soon so you guys will be able to have a jam with it! Looking forward to hearing you feedback on it :-)

Micah
Panotaker 8:42 PM - 9 December, 2013
Is instant start going to work on the V7? How about sync, is that finally going to be fixed too?
Ceasar K 10:04 PM - 10 December, 2013
I think the V7 is the best alternative to a 1210 turntable and i am thus looking forward to being able to use serato dj on it.

I don't understand why numark has discontinued this product. The NS7 2 is real nice but too bulky and doesn't have the flexibility of seperate decks.. There is no other similar solution in their range of controllers..
westell54 1:00 AM - 11 December, 2013
Maybe they'll follow up with a V7ii, like they did with the NS7. I'd probably upgrade mine to those but if they get this right with SDJ, there might be a spike in buyers. Glad I held on to them because I've always thought they were the best balance between controllers and turntables. Denon lost me back when they left me hanging with the 3700's.
Ceasar K 7:02 AM - 11 December, 2013
If serato dj gives stability and better functionability to the V7, there is no real need for a newer version V7, it's already really good in my opinion...has the potential of being a classic...more buttons will complicate things...
FG 7:31 AM - 11 December, 2013
I do look forward to an upgraded version of the V7, at least we would have a choice of weather to stick with it or move onto the NS7II, i sure think those MPC pads look nice, i don't think i would use those capacitive knobs much but drumming off a beet on a mix or that roll and the slicer feature look real nice to me. either way im not getting rid of my V7, if i upgrade im keeping them as backup...Great job on them Numark, i got rid of my 1200's to buy V7 never cleaning needles again or skipping on a track. now if you could just make better headphones....after my 3rd pair of red wave's i give up.
Raul Rey 3:04 PM - 11 December, 2013
. Tengo 2 Controladores v7 Numark . Tengo 1 Controlador Vestax VCI 400 Numark V7 = 2 Salidas rca Vestax VCI 400 = 2 Entradas RCA PUEDO Montar kit un: Numark v7 = * barajas A y B full canciones * Marcar bucles, rebanada, rollo de lazo .. ... A y B vci Vestax 400 = * decks C y D canciones y SP6 PUEDO utilizar conjuntamente ESTO COMO Una PIEZA? Al Tener 2 v7 Numark, Tengo 2 ACTUALIZACIONES un Serato DJ, Tengo Que Pagar Por Actualizar Vestax VCI 400 utilizandolo junto 2 Numark v7? POR FAVOR, CONTESTENME SIN MANDARME UN ENLACE QUE SOLO HABLE DE AKAI, PIONEER Y RANE. PAGAR POR CONTROLADORES QUE TIENEN ESCRITO SERATO. NO AKAI PIONEER O OTROS SOFTWARES / HARDWARES. * TENGO DERECHO A QUE ME DEN UNA Explicación YA QUE E ESTADO ESPERANDO UN AÑO A ACTUALIZAR LOS NUMARK V7, CUANDO ME PROMETIERON HASTA 3 VECES QUE IBA A ESTAR ANTES, ADEMAS DE QUE PROMETER SERIA CON COMPATIBLE ABLETON. un saludo Gracias y.
Raul Rey 3:05 PM - 11 December, 2013
Tengo 2 conductores v7 Numark. Tengo 1 controlador Vestax VCI 400. Numark v7 = 2 salidas RCA Vestax VCI 400 = 2 entradas RCA puedo montar kit: Numark v7 = canciones * Decks A & B * Marca bucles, rebanada, rollo de lazo ..... A y B vci Vestax 400 = * Decks C y D pistas y SP6 puedo usar esto como una pieza juntos? Cuando usted tiene 2 Numark v7, tengo 2 cambios a Serato DJ, tengo que pagar para la actualización Vestax VCI 400 con dos Numark v7 usarlo? Por favor envíenme a responder sin un enlace a HABLAR SOLO AKAI, PIONERO Y RANE. PAGAR PARA CONDUCTORES TIENEN SERATO ESCRITO. AKAI PIONEER O NINGUNA OTRA software / hardware. * DERECHO A TENER COMO ME DEN EXPLICACIÓN E estado esperando UN AÑO DE ACTUALIZAR LA NUMARK V7, CUANDO Prometí 3 VECES ANTES DE IR A SER ADEMÁS DE promesa de que sería compatible con Ableton. Gracias y saludos.
Raul Rey 3:15 PM - 11 December, 2013
Exactamente montar pack:

- 2 Numark v7 :

(conectando salidas rca de Numark v7 en entradas de Vestax vci 400)

Controlar canciones A y B & Loops , cues

- Vestax vci 400 :

Controlar Slice, Loop Roll y demas.... Canales A y B

Controlar cancion canal C + cues, loops , slice,loop roll

Controlar canales C & D SP6 = samplers serato

* Al tener 2 controladores Numark v7, tengo derecho a 2 actualizaciones a Serato DJ?

- Tendria que pagar por actualizar la controladora Vestax vci 400 a Serato Dj o es posible utilizar Serato DJ de Numark v7?

* Creo que lo mas justo seria no pagar, hagan alguna oferta o promocion a aquellos usuarios que confiaron en ustedes, que han esperado promesas sin resultados, y que otra vez ven que UNICAMENTE SE PREOCUPAN DE VENDER NUEVOS PRODUCTOS!!!

Un cordial saludo
Ceasar K 5:09 PM - 11 December, 2013
It would be ideal to have a v7 with a 10 inch platter but i guess it would make it bulkier, and yes i agree the mpc pads on the ns7 II are nice...
Aptidda 5:40 AM - 13 December, 2013
I CANT WAIT UNTIL THIS IS RELEASED> I HAVE BEEN CHECKING BACK ON THIS SITE DAILY> PLEASE SERATO HOOK THE V SEVEN FAITHFULS UP! ONCE I CAN USE DJ ON MY V SEVEN I WILL BE PURCHASING THE SERATO REMOTE FOR MY IPAD>
DJ 1derful 4:58 PM - 13 December, 2013
Quote:
I CANT WAIT UNTIL THIS IS RELEASED> I HAVE BEEN CHECKING BACK ON THIS SITE DAILY> PLEASE SERATO HOOK THE V SEVEN FAITHFULS UP! ONCE I CAN USE DJ ON MY V SEVEN I WILL BE PURCHASING THE SERATO REMOTE FOR MY IPAD>

I second this!
DJ Onry Aries 5:55 PM - 13 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I second this!

/\ /\ /\ +1 /\ /\ /\
Raul Rey 6:20 PM - 13 December, 2013
POR FAVOR SERATO, PUEDE RESPONDERME?

PUEDO USAR 2 NUMARK V7 CONJUNTAMENTE CON VESTAX VCI 400 DE UNA PIEZA Y USAR LOOP ROOL, SLICE Y DEMAS JUNTO A SERATO DJ A PARTIR DE DICIEMBRE?

TENIENDO 2 NUMARK V7, TENGO 2 ACTUALIZACIONES A SERATO DJ, PUEDO UTILIZAR 1 EN VESTAX VCI 400 O TENDRE QUE PAGAR POR ELLA?

LES E PREGUNTADO MAS DE 10 VECES Y NO ME AN RESPONDIDO, SON USTEDES GENTE SERIA?
Raul Rey 6:20 PM - 13 December, 2013
SERATO PLEASE, CAN answer?

I can USE NUMARK V7 2 VESTAX VCI 400 TOGETHER WITH ONE PIECE AND USING LOOP ROOL, SLICE AND OTHERS NEXT TO SERATO DJ FROM DECEMBER?

TAKING 2 NUMARK V7, 2 UPDATES HAVE SERATO DJ, I USE 1 ON VESTAX VCI 400 O WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT?

I ASKED THEM MORE THAN 10 TIMES AND NOT AN ANSWERED ME, ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS?
DJ Marc -C 9:38 PM - 13 December, 2013
I don't understand why us V7 users have to wait so long; it would of seemed easier to just incorporate the FX and record features to Itch. That is the only difference. A lot of Dj's here in Vegas use Itch and we all were saying why didn't yall just upgrade itch, or hire the pl that work for Virtual dj who got most of the mapping right to use the V7's with..... IJS
DJ Marc -C 9:50 PM - 13 December, 2013
@ Ceasar K & FG, I totally agree they should make a V7II that would be dope; the whole feature of being able to link in with another dj through a single system was freaking mind boggling. I left Scratch Live for Itch and I still believe it was the right move. I can't take the NS7 because its so compact, a brotha need room. V7's are the best alternative to digital dj'n if I may say just like using actual tables.
dj mood 2 4:44 PM - 14 December, 2013
where is THE BETA 4 V7 USERS…….. THIS IS SOME ( B.S.)
bigStripe 3:54 PM - 15 December, 2013
Micah G.
Us V& users are getting effect packs too right???
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:20 PM - 15 December, 2013
Hey bigStripe,

You get Wolfpack FX pack free, but the Chipback & Backpack are both paid upgrades.

Beta is coming really soon guys!

Micah
bigStripe 8:30 PM - 15 December, 2013
..Everyone gets those, I thought V7 users were going to get eXtra hooked up because of what happened or didn't "HAPPEN" :) Cmon' Man
Serato, Support
Micah G. 9:25 PM - 15 December, 2013
Sorry dude, you'll need to purchase those packs to use them.

Micah
bigStripe 10:00 PM - 15 December, 2013
...Not Even Discount Codes?, :) You Guys Are Hardcore #@!*%
can I sign up to be a demo tester on those effects or what?
..haha
Serato, Support
Micah G. 10:11 PM - 15 December, 2013
I don't have any discount codes to give man, you'll need to purchase the FX packs to use them.

Micah
bigStripe 10:55 PM - 15 December, 2013
Easy Micah, was just kidding... I know I'm not dealing with Native Instruments!
..get off the Wack Juice!
bigStripe 10:55 PM - 15 December, 2013
Easy Micah, was just kidding... I know I'm not dealing with Native Instruments!
..get off the Wack Juice!
Serato, Support
Micah G. 11:00 PM - 15 December, 2013
No worries man :-)
Ryan F. 2:12 AM - 16 December, 2013
Why do I have the feeling that the true reason it has taken so long to release the V7 is because of the midi mapping that is available in Serato DJ and how they needed to make sure that you would not be able to map 2 V7s to provide 4 deck support. I'm sure Numark would have reasons to not allow this and prevent cutting into sales of the Numark NS7II.
bigStripe 5:03 AM - 16 December, 2013
Quote:
Why do I have the feeling that the true reason it has taken so long to release the V7 is because of the midi mapping that is available in Serato DJ and how they needed to make sure that you would not be able to map 2 V7s to provide 4 deck support. I'm sure Numark would have reasons to not allow this and prevent cutting into sales of the Numark NS7II.

..I Think Ryan F. Might Be On To Something???
bigStripe 6:09 AM - 16 December, 2013
This is Serato's Aaron E's post from May 2013… didn't sound like there where any "tech problems" then, just priority preference:

Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:22 PM - 6 May, 2013
Hi all

Yes, we realise this is annoying for everyone involved and wished we could bring out everything at the same time, which, I'm sure you all understand, was not possible. We therefore had to prioritise and after much consideration of a variety of factors, we ended up with the schedule we have now. Some users were always going to 'lose'.

To be clear, the NS7 and V7 are in almost no way the same for our developers to integrate with Serato DJ.
Quote· Report· Permalink
bigStripe 6:14 AM - 16 December, 2013
pixxel 10:31 AM - 11 May, 2013
This is the final straw for me. I started with NS7, then moved to dual V7... Recently been looking at the S4 thinking how awesome to have all that flexibility... I'd miss the real decks tho. But then DJ got announced so that got interesting and then the NS7v2 - which looks like the NS7 and S4 had children. REALLY BIG children.

But the main appeal of the S4 is that it works in traktor and no longer would i be constantly let down. Serato used to be the obvious choice for stability, but thats not the case anymore. DJ offers more flexibility than Itch, but Traktor trounces it.

I'm just fed up with the excuses. It cant be that its difficult to program - I'm a programmer and for fun I made a DJ app for windowsRT. As an experiment i tried adding support for the V7's... it took less than a day. (obviously the app doesn't compare to traktor/itch/dj but control is control). It cant be for testing because we all know that each release has issues. The difference between the V7 and the NS7 is what amounts to some midi map tweaking. It would take longer to update the manual than the code. My only guess is that the programmers are typing in pure binary using morse code terminals.

To clarify: "To be clear, the NS7 and V7 are in almost no way the same for our developers to integrate with Serato DJ." either thats a lie, or your developers are useless. The Numark devices communicate over midi. The midi for the V7 and the NS7 are almost exactly the same. The only big difference is the lack of a mixer - and the fact you output the audio to two different asio outputs rather than mixing it down. So the V7 version would be simpler. Less code. if its really going to take an extra 6 months for you to do this I can only assume that you have actually fired all the developers and only have access to an intern that comes in on weekends. For an hour.

Traktor may not support my V7 properly meaning I lose my real vinyl feel but I trust NI a lot more than serato now.
Aaron E 3:43 PM - 14 May, 2013
Hey pixxel

Good points, but the one thing that seems to be lacking is an understanding that we do more than just work on integrating the V7 into Serato DJ. I feel pretty confident in saying that if we were to focus only on this, we'd have it done by this afternoon and fully tested for release by tomorrow morning.

I realise this is exactly what you guys don't want to hear (JUST DO IT! Would be your response I imagine), but try to think about what it is we do here. I could name probably 40 things off the top of my head that are currently in development. Expand that out to the backlog and we're talking hundreds.

We are a business and we have priorities. These priorities are carefully considered and unfortunately some things have to be down the list. As I said, it sucks that you guys have to wait so long, but if not you, who?

Thanks for your understanding.
Quote· Report· Permalink
bigStripe 6:24 AM - 16 December, 2013
*I'm Starting To Figure That The Ran Into "Technical Issues" Was Pure B.S., way to treat your users!!! and it's too bad, the Numark V7 is the Shit! someones cock-blocking its potential….

Dave From Serato Says

Serato, Support
Dave W 2:26 PM - 10 May, 2013
Hey djnonstop216@gmail.com,

Sorry to hear your disappointment. I understand it must be frustrating for you as a V7 user. Serato's Product Team along with marketing and management had to make some very hard decision moving forward on the order of development for the integration of each controller into Serato DJ. As you can imagine everyone wanted their controllers to be first. I believe there was a high level of market research during this process however i'm not privy to the exactly information as to the process.

I'm sure at the moment it's no consolation however it will be worth it when you do have it later in the year. Thank you again for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Regards
Dave
Simonbadd 9:40 AM - 16 December, 2013
ASimonbaddsful product is one which can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at it.

Many djs both professional and amateurs moved from 1200s to V7s due to practicality of the product.
Many moved from Traktor to Serato due to NS7 or V7 because Traktor lost their way and Serato took over leadership now Serato is making the same mistake as Traktor. Word of mouth killed Traktor because of product delay and problems.

Please Serato, you've got a good product it better to build on it than play catchup again with other products like Traktor, Rekorbox or Virtual Dj.

Am not saying you should release something that is not complete or good, all am saying is manage your software releases in a good customer focused way, so that you dont lose your customers as Virtual Dj and Traktor did.

Thanks

Simonb
Simonbadd 9:43 AM - 16 December, 2013
A successful product is one which can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at it.
Serato, Support
Micah G. 2:24 AM - 17 December, 2013
1.6 Beta is up guys! serato.com
Panotaker 3:20 AM - 17 December, 2013
It works, unfortunately, Instant start is not instant, and Sync still doesn't work. Just like on the NS7mkI and NS7mkII. The only way those two functions work, is buy turning off the motors. I give up. I have been reporting those two bugs since day one. Luckily, Itch works perfect, so I guess it's back to Itch.
DJ MX1 3:57 AM - 17 December, 2013
One of the first things I noticed if you have 2 v7 daisy chained together only one v7 responds. opened it back up and both v7 responds , Ethernet from one v7 to the other
DJ MX1 4:07 AM - 17 December, 2013
Correction , still only one v7 responds when daisy chained , connected them back to itch and both v7 respond possible bug, downloaded the drivers for the rane 62 and not getting response from the software not letting buttons be midi mapped
Panotaker 4:17 AM - 17 December, 2013
I noticed that too, you need to turn one of the decks from Master to off. When you first turn them on, both come up as the master deck and then only one will respond. So I made my right deck master by turning the left one "master" button to off.
DJ MX1 4:21 AM - 17 December, 2013
Thanks will give that a try
bigStripe 5:32 AM - 17 December, 2013
How come it's says i'm in trial mode and that I need an activation code??? I thought SDJ & the video plug in was free for V7 users??
djnonstop216@gmail.com 5:34 AM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
*I'm Starting To Figure That The Ran Into "Technical Issues" Was Pure B.S., way to treat your users!!! and it's too bad, the Numark V7 is the Shit! someones cock-blocking its potential….

Dave From Serato Says

Serato, Support
Dave W 2:26 PM - 10 May, 2013
Hey djnonstop216@gmail.com,

Sorry to hear your disappointment. I understand it must be frustrating for you as a V7 user. Serato's Product Team along with marketing and management had to make some very hard decision moving forward on the order of development for the integration of each controller into Serato DJ. As you can imagine everyone wanted their controllers to be first. I believe there was a high level of market research during this process however i'm not privy to the exactly information as to the process.

I'm sure at the moment it's no consolation however it will be worth it when you do have it later in the year. Thank you again for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Regards
Dave
djnonstop216@gmail.com 5:35 AM - 17 December, 2013
GOOD OLD FASHION BULL SHI…..
dj mood 2 6:05 AM - 17 December, 2013
v7 on this 1.6.0 u can only use 1 table……. MAN THIS IS SOME BULL BULL BULLSHIT I STAY UP LATE 4 THIS SHIT…...
Panotaker 8:43 AM - 17 December, 2013
When you first turn them on, both V7's come up as MASTER in Serato DJ. Turn off one of the MASTER buttons on one of the decks to only have one deck as MASTER, and they will both work!!!!!
dj mood 2 12:01 PM - 17 December, 2013
got it i like the feel of dj…. a lot tighter in the mix… 4 tables possible...
Raul Rey 2:47 PM - 17 December, 2013
Tengo varias dudas:
Me dice Serato, tras un año de espera, que si me dan la version beta, tengo que seguir estas instrucciones?

- Si se estropean mis archivos, NO PUEDO QUEJARME.

- Si no funciona correctamente, NO PUEDO QUEJARME.

- Si se cuelga, NO PUEDO PONER EN NINGUN FORO QUE FUNCIONA MAL.

- Si no me ofrecen lo que me an dicho, NO PUEDO MANIFESTAR PUBLICAMENTE MI DESCONTENTO.

ENTONCES, TENGO QUE DECIR QUE SERATO ES EL MEJOR PROGRAMA??

TENGO QUE DECIR QUE SERATO SIEMPRE CUMPLE LOS PLAZOS???

TENGO QUE DECIR QUE ESTOY DISFRUTANDO DE MIS NUMARK V7 JUNTO A ABLETON, CON EL PUENTE, TAL Y COMO ME PROMETIERON??

- POR SUERTE TODAVIA NO E DADO A ACEPTAR EN CONDICIONES DE SERATO BETA 1.6.

---- TRAS ESTO, SOLO ME QUEDA PROPONER A LOS USUARIOS EL HACER LO MISMO CON SERATO:

Antes de comprar sus productos QUE NOS FIRMEN LO SIGUIENTE:

SINO CUMPLEN UN PLAZO QUE NOS DEVUELVAN EL DINERO Y PUBLICAMENTE DIGAN QUE NO CUMPLEN SUS PROMESAS.

SI SE CUELGA UN PRODUCTO QUE NOS DEVUELVAN EL DINERO Y NOS PIDAN DISCULPAS PUBLICAMENTE.

SI FALLA ALGUN PRODUCTO SERATO, QUE ARREGLEN ESTE PRODUCTO ANTES QUE LANCEN NUEVOS PRODUCTOS. ADEMAS DE DEVOLVERNOS EL DINERO Y PEDIRNOS DISCULPAS.

CUANDO FALLE ALGUN HARDWARE SERATO, QUE NO LE PASEN EL PROBLEMA A LA MARCA DEL CONTROLADOR, ADEMAS DE DEVOLVERNOS EL DINERO.

----- ME PARECE VERGONZOSO QUE SERATO INTENTE COMPRAR NUESTRO SILENCIO CON UNA VERSION DE PRUEBA UN AÑO DESPUES DE FALLAR SUS PROMESAS, ADEMAS DE NO PODER UTILIZAR ABLETON JUNTO CON PICAZON & SERATO DJ.
Raul Rey 2:54 PM - 17 December, 2013
Me pareceria correcto, ya que no nos pueden dar aquello que nos prometieron a los usuarios de Numark v7:

- poder controlar 4 canales con 2 unidades de Numark v7 junto con Serato y ableton, por lo menos que liberen este producto para poder utilizarlo con Traktor.

Ya que no pueden cumplir sus promesas, dejen que podamos utilizar libremente lo que compramos confiando en ustedes, en vez de hacernos firmar un papel por si explotan nuestras computadoras por su incompetencia, que queden ustedes libres de culpa, ademas de tener encima que decir lo buenos que son.

VERGüENZA DE SERATO !!!!!

Un usuario de los miles engañados
Jah Yute 4:18 PM - 17 December, 2013
getting the sp6 to play on both outputs?
Simonbadd 4:31 PM - 17 December, 2013
Hi All,

The software is asking for serial number to activate for the V7s why?
Simonbadd 4:58 PM - 17 December, 2013
Hi All,

Is Serato Dj 1.6 Beta out for Numark V7s ? I have checked Serato website nothing.

Please advise.

Thanks
katmoda 6:41 PM - 17 December, 2013
Hi

Used DJ for 3 hours solid mix all ok. Seems more fluid than itch.

2 V7's X 5

1 thing.... how do I activate loop roll?

In Itch I could use the shift key + the in/out/select buttons. I am unable to get this to work in DJ... Can anybody help?

TIA
katmoda 6:42 PM - 17 December, 2013
Oh...

I see the turn off platter doesn't work also... They keep spinning LOL
Panotaker 7:33 PM - 17 December, 2013
The platters turn off on both of mine.
Raul Rey 8:10 PM - 17 December, 2013
Se puede jugar con 4 cubiertas con 2 numark v7?

Si es asi, como se an de poner los v7, linkados entre si?

Las 2 salidas rca de Numark v7 (1) a los canales de la mesa 1 & 3? 1 & 2?

Las 2 salidas rca de Numark v7 (2) a los canales de la mesa 2 & 4? 3 & 4?

Que puedo utilizar para jugar con el SP6?

Se puede sacar por canales 3 & 4 de Numark v7?
Raul Rey 8:18 PM - 17 December, 2013
I can play with 4 channels to have 2 numark v7?

I can use C & D channels (3 & 4) from Numark v7 and configured with AKAI LPD8?

I can use any midi controller to use sp6?

C and D channels using Serato Dj? taking out sound from numark v7 (unit 2)?
katmoda 8:31 PM - 17 December, 2013
If i hold the delete button & toggle the platter on/off button i can turn off the platter - this is different from itch as all i need do is toggle the platter on/off button.

on startup of the platter by holding delete and pressing the platter on/off button there is a slight delay and skip to catchup
djnonstop216@gmail.com 8:35 PM - 17 December, 2013
where can i download ..1.6 ??????? not on website
bigStripe 9:41 PM - 17 December, 2013
Users: Hey Serato, What's Going On With This DJ 1.6 Beta/TRIAL Version???

Serato: It Out!.... (Crickets)... zzz ... .. .

Me: Where's the interaction with your users?
DJ MX1 11:50 PM - 17 December, 2013
Am I missing something I do not see the record button in the software
dj mood 2 12:25 AM - 18 December, 2013
no rec
dj mood 2 12:25 AM - 18 December, 2013
only 2 tables
djzmixx florida 2:34 AM - 18 December, 2013
that just a game
djzmixx florida 3:10 AM - 18 December, 2013
It's time to be serious about big issues.
bigStripe 5:03 AM - 18 December, 2013
anyway, much more responsive.. still don't see why it was so difficult to give us V7 users this "limited" access?? where the %#*!@ is Micah G.? Quit hiding from this feedback! :)
djnonstop216@gmail.com 5:53 AM - 18 December, 2013
THIS IS CRAZY,YOU HAVE ALL THESE CUSTOMERS AND WE CAN'T GET A *#@
STRAIGHT ANSWER. EASY TO HIDE BEHIND A KEYBOARD WHILE WE ARE LEFT IN THE COLD WHILE OTHER PROGRAMS UPDATE ON THE REGULAR. !!!!!!! THX SERATO.
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:40 PM - 18 December, 2013
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in response, I haven't been working in the forum over the last couple of days.

For beta feedback/reporting bugs it's best to do so in the beta area here - serato.com

If you're having problems with Serato DJ and you don't think it is to do with the beta it's best to start a help request specifically about that issue so we can look into it. You can start a help request here - serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
Lord Fluff 10:48 AM - 19 December, 2013
Can we just clarify - only one deck supported per V7?

I'm sure I'm not the only one running one V7 and using the A/B switch so it can be two decks in one. If SDJ 1.6 doesn't allow this then I won't bother trying it.

Is this a bug which will be sorted, or are you guys only planning on making it run as a single deck....?
Raul Rey 12:59 PM - 19 December, 2013
Hola Serato, tengo estas dudas antes de pasar a version beta para Numark V7:

- puedo gravar la sesion?

- puedo jugar con 4 pistas junto con 2 Numark V7?

- puedo utilizar modo Slice ?

- puedo añadir x1,f1 o algun controlador junto Numark V7 para loop roll o Slice?

Sino tubiese estas funciones, exactamente que me ofrecen de nuevo en version beta?

Ofrecen algo nuevo para mi despues de esperar tanto?
Raul Rey 12:59 PM - 19 December, 2013
Serato Hello, I have these doubts before passing to Numark V7 beta version:

- I can tax the session?

- I can play with 4 tracks along with 2 Numark V7?

- I can so I use Slice?

- I can add x1, f1 or some Numark V7 controller coupled to loop or roll Slice?

Tubiese but these functions exactly I offer again in beta version?

Offer something new for me after waiting so long?
djnonstop216@gmail.com 6:07 PM - 19 December, 2013
HOW ABOUT AUTO TRACK GAIN……PLAYED WITH IT LAST NIGHT REACTS GREAT.. DID HAVE ONE ISSUE PLAYED A TRACK SWITCHED FROM A TO B AND TRACK PLAYIING SPEEDED UP 1.6 BETA..
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:53 PM - 19 December, 2013
Hey guys,

As I said above, if you're having problems with the beta post them here - serato.com

Micah
DJMINGIA 8:55 PM - 19 December, 2013
Reading through, I can't really find an answer. Now that we have some type of support for V7's, I take it that using the 4 decks within Serato Dj is NOT an option. In other words, if I have two V7's, I can onlyuse decks 1 + 2 within Serato DJ and not have access to decks 3 + 4?
young1 9:45 PM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
Can we just clarify - only one deck supported per V7?

I'm sure I'm not the only one running one V7 and using the A/B switch so it can be two decks in one. If SDJ 1.6 doesn't allow this then I won't bother trying it.

Is this a bug which will be sorted, or are you guys only planning on making it run as a single deck....?

Both of my decks work. Did you make one of the decks master?
Raul Rey 10:56 PM - 19 December, 2013
Yo Solo quiero Que me aclaren Que Ventajas Tengo estafadores descargar la versión beta de Y USTEDES no Hacen lo. UNICAMENTE ME DAN UN ENLACE QUE NO SON DICIENDOME RESPONSABLES SI FUNCIONA MAL O TENGO Daños. SOLO RESPONDEN A USUARIOS Contentos BETA ESTAFA!!!!

Por favor, los antes de descargar la versión beta, sable del quiero lo siguiente: sí puedo gravar sesion? sí puedo Jugar con 4 Pistas al Tener 2 Numark v7? Tengo Alguna Ventaja Ahora Mismo y no hay una versión definitiva en febrero estafa?
Skeyelab 10:57 PM - 19 December, 2013
Where can we get this beta version?
DJMINGIA 11:22 PM - 19 December, 2013
Still confused here. I know Serato DJ has the capability to do 4 decks. So, with that being said, if I had Two V7's, am I able to access all four decks? In theory, I'm thinking the first V7 could access decks 1 + 3 and the second V7 could access decks 2 + 4 (There is a switch on the back of the V7's to switch between 2 decks, so hence, if you had two v7's, in theory you should be able to control 4 decks).
Panotaker 11:34 PM - 19 December, 2013
I played with it yesterday and I didn't see any way to have 4 decks with the V7's, just like there is no way to have 4 decks with the original NS7. I am hoping there will be a new V7mk2 that will let you do that, and hopefully with 4 separate decks instead of sharing buttons like on the NS7mk2.
DJMINGIA 12:29 AM - 20 December, 2013
Panotaker, in the upper left, there are different view options, one of which should be "4 deck view". Is that option (4 deck view) at least still available even though you can't control decks 3 + 4 with the V7's?
Panotaker 3:36 AM - 20 December, 2013
There was no 4 deck view option. I did try all the views and it only showed two decks. Just for grins, I plugged in my VCI-300 at the same time with the V7's and SDJ crashed the first time, but it booted up the second time, but there was still no 4 deck view, although SDJ did work, but it was weird. It loaded up the same song on the VCI and the V7, but when you scratched, the song sped up real fast. You also had to turn up the volume on the VCI and the mixer in order to get sound. It was weird and unusable. I didn't have a long enough USB cable to try the V7's with my NS7, but I'm sure that probably won't work either. Since the V7's where designed way before SDJ, they probably where not thinking that far ahead, plus they would be shooting themselves in the foot, because a lot of people would rather have 3 or 4 V7's, than one NS7mk2, I know I would, mainly because I don't like to share buttons.
FighteRanger 5:00 AM - 20 December, 2013
Their is no "Official" 4 - Deck support for the Numark V7, what-so-ever.....

Even though, it can probably be possible, send two audios through the Ethernet cord and out on the slave V7 (the one not connected to the computer). Also, use hte deck switch to swap from decks....

I don' really see this happening though, I give it like a 20 percent chance, but I will be shock if they do put 4 decks on the table with the V7.
FG 7:22 AM - 20 December, 2013
i just downloaded BETA, cant wait to get into it, im more looking forward to midi mapping my padKontrol controller for now so i could have some dedicated SP6 buttons and some of the effect features. has anyone tried this yet? any luck with the izotope effects? loop rolls and that stuff?
deejayjd 8:59 AM - 20 December, 2013
been playing around with it for about an hour now. Couple things to note for those of you scratching your head over stuff that has changed:

"motor off" is now the button for slip mode
Instead of pressing the shift button to be able to do a slip roll, the normal loops turn into slip rolls when the slip mode is active.

the ability to record with v7's will never be an option. Think about it, everything is mixed on your mixer, which the software has no attachment to. If you want to record, either attach your mixer if it has that ability, or find an interface like the Behringer U-control.

On startup, make sure "master" on your second deck is turned off
Lord Fluff 8:43 AM - 21 December, 2013
Quote:
I played with it yesterday and I didn't see any way to have 4 decks with the V7's, just like there is no way to have 4 decks with the original NS7.

Yeah but the NS7 is set up as a two deck controller. Part of the appeal for me with the V7 was that it was two decks in one, so two of them equals a four deck setup (so long as the software hasn't been deliberately written to prevent this).
Raul Rey 1:36 PM - 21 December, 2013
Quote:
<font class="">Sí, pero el NS7 está configurado como un controlador de dos pisos. </font><font class="">Parte del atractivo para mí con el V7 fue que se trataba de dos cubiertas en uno, por lo que dos de ellos es igual a una configuración de cuatro cubierta (siempre y cuando el software no ha sido escrito deliberadamente para evitar esto).</font>

Tanto tiempo preocupandonos de esto:
Tener 4 canales junto 2 Numark v7.

Hace un tiempo pregunte a Serato y me dijo que preguntara a Numark.

Resulta ser que tanto tiempo esperando y el truco esta en Software?? .....
esta a sido la perfeccion, problemas tecnicos y mas tarde estudios de mercado?
Conseguir que para utilizar 4 cubiertas tenga que comprar SL4???
Tiene Numark la culpa de esto?
DJMINGIA 12:01 AM - 22 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I played with it yesterday and I didn't see any way to have 4 decks with the V7's, just like there is no way to have 4 decks with the original NS7.

Yeah but the NS7 is set up as a two deck controller. Part of the appeal for me with the V7 was that it was two decks in one, so two of them equals a four deck setup (so long as the software hasn't been deliberately written to prevent this).

Exactly what I was thinking lord puff. Can anyone from serato claim or deny this?
dj mood 2 6:07 AM - 23 December, 2013
2 x 2 = 4
DJ Marc -C 2:03 PM - 23 December, 2013
Maaaaannn I'm about to try this shyt out I hope it has been worth the wait...........
DJ Marc -C 2:06 PM - 23 December, 2013
Yo what happened went to go download 1.6 & it its not there
DJMINGIA 9:19 PM - 23 December, 2013
2x2 may equal 4, but Serato DJ may be programmed to only allow to SHOW/USE 2 decks when using v7's. The only workaround I see if that is the case, is when they support the SL4 box. Then it would have to show 4 decks, but then again, who's to say they will allow true platter control/mapping. Wish we could get a straight answer from Serato on this. Does Serato Dj have 4 decks ability when using v7's? What is someone even went so far as to actually use four v7's for each deck in Searto DJ?
deejayjd 6:47 AM - 24 December, 2013
The main problem I see with running four decks is that the sound card in the v7's only have two outputs. Only way around that would be to have both v7's plugged in to the computer. Hard to say if its worth the time for Serato to make v7's 4 deck compatible when they're basically discontinued.
mixxinmel 7:18 AM - 24 December, 2013
yeap i gave it a wirl and i must say the only thing i like about the whole setup is the effect BRAKE ECHO you can use that effect by just taping the FX button on and it will kill the music and let the echo face on out, also you have to hit the delete button to turn off the platter from spinning???ODD. also effect # 3 cant be controlled by the V7 buttons. Most of the problem with the speeding up of the tracks is due to the default settings of the sync section in the setup controls TURN THE SYNC OFF!!! i know there are bugs but ill wait till they fix almost everything before i use it at any gigs. Dont know what Numark has up thier sleeves but if they make another motorized controller they better make sure they put a bigger platter on it, but im starting to love the 45 feel. will never get rid of my V7's though!
DJ Marc -C 7:34 PM - 24 December, 2013
Yo what the hell happened to the ping-pong effect also were how do you get the 4 table setup. Man Yall could of just updated itch instead of putting us through all this... LOL Damn
DJ Marc -C 10:40 PM - 24 December, 2013
And its missing the live record option as well
DJ Marc -C 10:43 PM - 24 December, 2013
Why couldn't yall just update Itch with the effects and few software changes; just saying to me Itch is worth keeping around, Its better for the V7's and its the best thing for digital turntable revolution if you ask me...... Alot of Dj's sticking to it as well
deejayjd 8:08 AM - 25 December, 2013
Quote:
And its missing the live record option as well

You can't record with v7's unless you are recording out of your mixer. Think about it guys, its common sense. Serato DJ has no idea what you are doing on your mixer, so unless you just want to hear two tracks playing over each other, its pointless to include a recording function.
DJ Marc -C 12:54 PM - 25 December, 2013
Well they should have that function compatibility, you can record yourself using Virtual Dj and Scratch Live, so why not Itch or Dj. And did you look under Dj preferences in settings there is a specific area for recording my man. Maybe its coming on the next release hell they took this long might as well make this a banger. Also check with Numark about V7 & X5 discontinuance, I called not to long ago and I was told they were not discontinued; and it's a lot of unregistered units still available; don't be surprised if they drop a V8 on us LOL... To me from leaving turntables V7's are the best way to go, what other Dj controller can you link up to another Dj system in the middle of a gig without skipping a beat, please let me know I've done it plenty of times, at major events. Techniques ran for a long time after they were to had been discontinued as well.
deejayjd 1:01 PM - 25 December, 2013
The only way you can record is with an input from the mixer. V7's do not have an input, only outputs. With scratch live you use the aux input on the box.

Bottom line, if you're just using v7's and a standard mixer, it is impossible to record without purchasing an external soundcard or some type of interface to input sound.
FighteRanger 1:14 PM - 25 December, 2013
Yea man, their is "NOOOO" way, what-so-ever to record with the V7 using only Searto DJ. Searto DJ doesn't have a "flip" clue what your mixer crossfader is doing. (Unless it's midi mby)....

It's not rocket science though buddy, just get a USB audio interface.....And record it using the audio interface and audacity at the same time. That is what I do. Why have Virtual DJ and Serato DJ running at once, taking so much resource of your memory..

4-Table wasn't never included in this version of Searto DJ 1.6. Yes, it is possible but I don't really see it happening.
Raul Rey 12:40 PM - 26 December, 2013
LO DE QUE NUMARK V7 ESTA DESCONTINUADO ES UNA MENTIRA!!!!

SEÑORES DE SERATO, PARA VENDERNOS HACE 1 MES SU CACHARRO PIONEEER (COMPATIBLE PARA SERATO DJ) COMO COMPLEMENTO PARA NUMARK V7, SE LES LLENO LA BOCA DICIENDO QUE ERA PERFECTO COMO COMPAÑERO DE V7.

PERO SI ESTE CACHARRO PIONEER ESTA PREPARADO PARA 4 DECKS, ¿COMO ES IDEAL PARA 2 NUMARK V7? (SI SOLO ES POSIBLE CONTROLAR 2), PURO MARKETING.

SI AHORA COMPRO UN PRODUCTO SERATO PARA VERSION 1.6, Y SE RETASAN 1 AÑO EN ACTUALIZAR SOFWARE PARA MI NUEVO PRODUCTO, POSTERIORMENTE ME DIRAN QUE YA NO LO ARREGLAN PORQUE ESTA DESCONTINUADO, PERO INTENTARAN VENDERME OTRO.
Jah Yute 6:30 PM - 26 December, 2013
Another issue is with the SP6, it is still setup for the NS7 with built in mixer, we need the additional main output or dual channels for the V7's
Raul Rey 7:02 PM - 26 December, 2013
Yo creo que serato se esta complicando la vida para restringir los numark v7 !!!!

Facil =

- 2 salidas por cada v7
- 2 v7 =

v7 numero 1 salida 1 = canal 1 deck A (todos los extras,slice, loop roll y 3 efectos junto pioneer nuevo)
v7 numero 1 salida 2 = canal 2 deck C (sample mode), junto akai 8 o junto pioneer nuevo

v7 numero 2 salida 1 = canal 1 deck B (todos los extras,slice, loop roll y 3 efectos junto pioneer nuevo)

v7 numero 2 salida 2 = canal 2 deck D (sample mode), junto akai 8 o junto pioneer nuevo

** TODO ESTO ES LO MAS SENCILLO PARA SERATO Y PARA LOS USUARIOS ANTIGUOS, HAGAN CUENTA DEL DINERO GASTADO POR NOSOTROS:

2 NUMARK V7 + PIONEER NUEVO + SERATO VIDEO + PAQUETE DE EXPANSION DE EFECTOS.

TODAS VUESTRAS RESTRINCIONES OS CUESTAN CREDIBILIDAD POR PARTE DE LOS CLIENTES QUE YA TENEIS, DESCONFIANZA POR LOS NUEVOS, POSIBLEMENTE MARCHA DE CLIENTES A NATIVE Y EL TIEMPO QUE PIERDEN VUESTROS INGENIEROS FASTIDIANDO HARDWARE Y CODIFICANDO SOFTWARE EN VEZ DE MEJORAR EL PRODUCTO.
Raul Rey 7:05 PM - 26 December, 2013
ADEMAS DE TODAS LAS RESPUESTAS, (SIEMPRE LAS MISMAS):

- ESTAMOS TRABAJANDO PARA MEJORAR VUESTROS PRODUCTOS.

A TODO ESTO SOLO GUARDAIS SILENCIO.

MIENTRAS GENERAIS INCERTIDUMBRE EN LOS CLIENTES INDECISOS QUE OPTAN POR OTROS SOFTWARES QUE ESTAN SALIENDO AL MERCADO.
deejayjd 2:43 AM - 27 December, 2013
Quote:
LO DE QUE NUMARK V7 ESTA DESCONTINUADO ES

Quote:
LO DE QUE NUMARK V7 ESTA DESCONTINUADO ES UNA MENTIRA!!!!

It's not discontinued, but it might as well be. It's been three years since it was released, and no major retailers still carry it.
Panotaker 4:00 AM - 27 December, 2013
If Serato would figure out how to get four V7's working at the same time with Serato DJ, Numark would have to start making them again.
stilz:ink 12:21 PM - 27 December, 2013
Only 4 more Days till December is Up! was hoping Serato would Surprise us with a Dec 25th Release, Looks like another brush off, till February, hopefully it will be right by then, been waiting over a year for your software to be released for the V7!!
I have to be honest, i don't know why numark discontinued the V7, to me its one of the strongest controllers on the market, with a few new up to date features they need to redesign it and release a V7II like they did with the NS7II..
Jah Yute 7:16 AM - 28 December, 2013
Also for all those with the V7's and X5 mixer. Controllers that are stand alone like the V7 cannot record directly in the software such as Itch or Dj but you can use the usb connection from the mixer and got to your recording device if it is another pc. You can send it back into the same pc but it needs to be a beefy one from jump if not you will have latency issues.
DJMINGIA 7:59 PM - 1 January, 2014
So it's now 2014. Is Serato ever going to stay true to the date they publish?
FighteRanger 12:07 AM - 2 January, 2014
Quote:
So it's now 2014. Is Serato ever going to stay true to the date they publish?

What are you asking for?
deejayjd 12:52 AM - 2 January, 2014
So for NYE I decided to give the beta a run-through. Had no issues running a Mac with Mavericks. The effects are the biggest difference for me.
PRIZM 1:50 AM - 2 January, 2014
Am I seeing that Serato missed the december date for V7 compatibility again. Why don't they say that they really don't know when its gonna be done. Its better than not meeting the date over and over . Oh and I am a programmer too. I don't miss dates that bad ever. They don't have an excuse as I see it . Cool they at least got the beta going.. Sheezz… lol
stilz:ink 5:09 AM - 2 January, 2014
the only issue i noticed was with Itch and the V7 you can activate the sampler thru the Shift/Delete - Hot Cue buttons , this feature can not be activated in the beta Version.. will this be a continued feature in the new Release?
Also My Master VU Meter has no Levels coming thru, Sound works tho..
stilz:ink 5:11 AM - 2 January, 2014
Q: Can the Vestax VFX‑1 control the Serato Dj Effects?
FighteRanger 6:12 AM - 2 January, 2014
Quote:
Am I seeing that Serato missed the december date for V7 compatibility again. Why don't they say that they really don't know when its gonna be done. Its better than not meeting the date over and over . Oh and I am a programmer too. I don't miss dates that bad ever. They don't have an excuse as I see it . Cool they at least got the beta going.. Sheezz… lol

I dont see why all of the confusion is about. They announce a final (clean) release for the V7 this Feb. 2014, but with the beta to come out (which it already had) last Dec. What release date are you looking at?

Quote:
Shift/Delete - Hot Cue buttons , this feature can not be activated in the beta Version

Check your settings for the shift function

Quote:

The VU meeter is blank because the V7 is not a mixer. For example, Serato DJ doesnt know when your adjusting the gain on a mixer, so how will it show an accurate VU meter?
katmoda 1:41 PM - 4 January, 2014
Quote:

Would be a nice option to hide the VU meter for the V7 setup seeing as its useless and taking up "real estate" just saying
westell54 9:57 PM - 4 January, 2014
If you're talking about the LED display on the V7, it's not a VU meter. It's for beat matching purposes when you have 2 units linked together.
FighteRanger 10:04 PM - 4 January, 2014
You guys are funny, he is talking about the master VU Meter on Serato DJ, at the top....
katmoda 3:29 PM - 5 January, 2014
Quote:
You guys are funny, he is talking about the master VU Meter on Serato DJ, at the top....

yeah thats what i was referring too!

would be nice to hide that away for V7 users!
westell54 5:21 PM - 5 January, 2014
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be funny. The problem with the V7 is that they weren't designed around SDJ. Hopefully they allow some flexibility for users who want a little customization of the midi assignment for them.
stilz:ink 7:28 PM - 14 January, 2014
One thing I noticed in the SP-6 sampler you have the option to select your output channel for the sample. i also have the vci-300 mk2 and in serato Dj you have the option to select the output as mix (will come out on either channel) with the V7 beta you only have the option of channel 1 or 2 as your sample output..
Jah Yute 8:03 PM - 14 January, 2014
I also have the vci-300 mk2 and in serato Dj you have the option to select the output as mix (will come out on either channel) with the V7 beta you only have the option of channel 1 or 2 as your sample output..
djzmixx florida 12:06 AM - 15 January, 2014
Unbelievable still have to wait for the software . Hopefully is true In February !!!!
12:07 AM, 15 Jan 2014
djzmixx florida attached a file: image.jpg
View· Permalink
stilz:ink 2:37 PM - 24 January, 2014
Am I the Only One who thinks that a Color Coding option for playlist is a good feature?
and also quick buttons for sample banks so you don't have to go into the sp-6 sampler to change?
bigStripe 5:38 PM - 28 January, 2014
...I Also Bought An Akai LPD8 Because You Had Them, At One Time On Your Website...Are They Now Out Of The Loop??? #@!#%*
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:22 PM - 28 January, 2014
Hey bigStripe,

The AKAI LPD8 is a secondary MIDI controller which you can MIDI map and use in Serato DJ. Follow the link here for MIDI mapping info - serato.com

Hope that helps :-)

Cheers,
Micah
Juan 27 4:26 AM - 29 January, 2014
hello serato dj good the problem I have with the software is that the deck 3 and 4 appear as if you were blocked are black, and says THRU on deck 3 and 4 so I can not use the four deck serato dj, I have the controller numark n4 only four channels and use channel 1 and 2 for the 3 and 4 are blocked with THRU need a solution please, thanks.
j cozart 1:00 AM - 4 February, 2014
still waiting!!!!! its february!!!!!//////??????.........zzzzzzzzzz wake me up when the bugs are fixed or when serato dj is compatible!!
mixxinmel 1:51 AM - 4 February, 2014
One thing that Serato DJ must fix or add it the ability to use the Hot cue buttons to control the SP Sampler, and to be able to shift to the different banks like you could do in ITCH flawlessly. that is the only thing that i see that has to be fixed in the Relase of 6.1.0 not the beta version the real version for Numark V7's and NS7's that feature is what made these controllers the best ones out there to date, A Suggestion change the GUI of ITCH 2.2.2 to look like Setato Dj 1.6.0 and make the Izatope Effects work in that program with the sampler working like it did in ITCH and the Software is basically Complete, Cause i think ITCH 2.2.2 was and still is a solid software format!!! Just Saying. Serato Please take these suggestions to heart cause ive been a user since the begining, and love your software!!!!
d:raf 3:13 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
still waiting!!!!! its february!!!!!//////??????.........zzzzzzzzzz wake me up when the bugs are fixed or when serato dj is compatible!!

</alarm clock goes off>

Checked the SDJ homepage recently?

serato.com
bigStripe 4:02 PM - 4 February, 2014
Surprising that the "push master button" issue wasn't resolved from the beta to the real release... Hope this is not an indicator of what was supposed to be fixed???
dj young gator 1:17 AM - 5 February, 2014
i hv 2 v7s and messing around with this behringer cmd mm-1i havent had any problems midi mapping it and also has more usb ports on back of it. i also hv numark orbit running with it, ultimatley i think with 2 v7s and any good midi mixer of choice is gonna be great working with, now the cmd mm-1 doesnt hv headphone jacks but im just messing around with it checking out the serato midi properties its working well with the video mixer part in serato, thats mainly what i got it for!! i hv the numark x5 but probly will end up buying another midi mixer just for the heck of it since serato dj has midi mapping ability on it. im feeling pretty dope right now!!
bigStripe 5:33 AM - 5 February, 2014
PLEASE A.S.A.P!!!! Has anyone been able to get a serial number for Serato DJ (& the video plugin as advertised with Numark V7 purchase) from Serato or Numark? My copy still says enter serial number and no video plugin???? How do we get our serial numbers? I re-registered my V7's on Numark's website because it said they had no record, but I know I registered with them before Serato... because I wanted to make sure I got the promised software. WTF Someone! (SERATO - NUMARK)
bigStripe 5:40 AM - 5 February, 2014
...come to think of it, I remember being told that the serato dj software would automatically recognize the numark V7 hardware???
FighteRanger 6:03 AM - 5 February, 2014
Getting a free copy of Serato Video was never a promise for the V7. Your probably thinking about the pioneer DDJ-SX that was offering the Serato Video for free.

Quote:
...come to think of it, I remember being told that the serato dj software would automatically recognize the numark V7 hardware???

Numark V7 should work fine with Serato DJ...
j cozart 2:27 PM - 5 February, 2014
Doubt if u can get video free but u can download serato dj then plug n v7 it should recognize it
bigStripe 6:16 PM - 5 February, 2014
It recognizes it but it has an input for a serial number...
Quote:
Getting a free copy of Serato Video was never a promise for the V7. Your probably thinking about the pioneer DDJ-SX that was offering the Serato Video for free.

Quote:

Numark V7 should work fine with Serato DJ...

@ j cozart: It recognizes it but it has an input for a serial number... @FighteRanger I'm sure glad you know "what the hell" I was told, by the many reps I've spoken to since 2010??? Maybe I'll just consult with you @#%!%$* (hope you can translate that) too many idiots know so much! WTF
bigStripe 6:22 PM - 5 February, 2014
...The Serato & Numark reps knew what the original plan was, and I remember specifically a mention of the video plugin for V7 users as well as Bridge for then Itch... I was so amped to get em' both for my V7's... I know what the hell I was told, son!
FighteRanger 9:38 PM - 5 February, 2014
Again, I don't see why they will offer V7 users a Serato Video or Video-SL licensed. The V7's don't work well with Serato Video unless you have an supported midi crossfader mixer, just to use the full functionality of it.
stilz:ink 11:49 PM - 5 February, 2014
@FighteRanger and bigStripe Sounds like a Dj Battle in the works!!!
stilz:ink 11:51 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
@FighteRanger and bigStripe Sounds like a Dj Battle in the works!!!
stilz:ink 12:01 AM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
One thing that Serato DJ must fix or add it the ability to use the Hot cue buttons to control the SP Sampler, and to be able to shift to the different banks like you could do in ITCH flawlessly. that is the only thing that i see that has to be fixed in the Relase of 6.1.0 not the beta version the real version for Numark V7's and NS7's that feature is what made these controllers the best ones out there to date, A Suggestion change the GUI of ITCH 2.2.2 to look like Setato Dj 1.6.0 and make the Izatope Effects work in that program with the sampler working like it did in ITCH and the Software is basically Complete, Cause i think ITCH 2.2.2 was and still is a solid software format!!! Just Saying. Serato Please take these suggestions to heart cause ive been a user since the begining, and love your software!!!!

Def was a request early on with the Beta!! Love This Feature with the V7,, Never Had to touch Laptop!! Hope they Get it together!! I can imagine how hard it is to communicate with India everytime they have an update/Fix!!
stilz:ink 3:41 PM - 7 February, 2014
also serato the command/arrow feature does not load tracks to decks.

here is translated it for you so you can communicate with your designers in India!!

भी SERATO आदेश / तीर सुविधा डेक करने के लिए पटरियों लोड नहीं करता है.
Raul Rey 5:11 PM - 8 February, 2014
Hola, tengo 2 Numark v7 y trabajo muy bien con Serato ITCH. Descargué Serato DJ sólo reconoció a uno v7 Numark y funciona mal, además de pedirme serie. ¿Qué puedo hacer para utilizar 2 Numark v7 dj con Serato? Si dentro de unos pocos días Quiero vender, será el comprador podrá utilizar dj Serato con Numark v7 2? ¿Qué debo hacer para usarlo o para vender luego de que puede volver a utilizarse en otro equipo? Puede transferir la licencia de software a vender 2 hardware ? (2 Numark v7) debo registrar mi nombre 2 Numark v7 correctamente para su uso con Serato DJ? entonces (vender), es suficiente para eliminar dj Serato de mi computadora? nuevo comprador debe registrar 2 Numark v7 su nombre a utilizar dj Serato? licencia se transfiere? por favor necesito ayuda para utilizar 2 Numark v7 dj con Serato, y vender, el comprador puede utilizar el dj v7 2 Numark con Serato también.
Raul Rey 5:14 PM - 8 February, 2014
Hi, I have 2 Numark v7 and work well with Serato ITCH. I downloaded Serato DJ only recognized one Numark v7 and malfunctions, plus ask series. What can I do to use 2 Numark v7 dj with Serato? If within a few days I want to sell, the buyer may be use with Serato Numark v7 dj 2? What should I do to use it or to sell it then be re-used on another computer? You can transfer the software license to sell 2 hardware? (2 Numark v7) I record my name 2 Numark v7 correctly for use with Serato DJ? then (sell), it is sufficient to remove dj Serato from my computer? new buyer must register 2 Numark v7 dj name to use Serato? license is transferred? Please I need help to use 2 Numark v7 dj with Serato, and sell, the buyer may use the two Numark v7 dj with Serato too.
dj young gator 8:31 PM - 9 February, 2014
if i was you id keep them, itch works well with them and they are a nice piece of equipment and serato dj dont kno appearently works for some people and not with two v7s and hear they are still going to be working out bugs but i havent had any issues with them yet. then im guessing depends on what kinda comp u hv to
DJ Gerard Mack 7:04 PM - 24 February, 2014
I can live with only having 2 decks even though having 2 V7's means 8 audio outputs in total (4 stereo channels). HOWEVER, I would like to use my SP-6 on a 3rd channel of my mixer and not over the audio playing out of channels 1 or 2. Can we please implement an output for the SP-6 with the audio outputs not currently being used by Serato DJ?
d:raf 7:59 PM - 24 February, 2014
Keep an eye out for this bug. I just got a pair of V7's a couple of months ago and I haven't experienced this personally (yet), but... serato.com

Quote:
Step 1
Play tracks. So far I've had this happen twice in two sessions (once each). The first session after about 1 hour 30 minutes and the second session after about 45 minutes. I've read reports of previous issues just like this, that were supposedly fixed in later versions of Itch, although I think I may have had similar issues in Itch as well. I've tried switching the order of the decks, and the skip still seems to affect the "master" deck (connected via USB). I thought at first this was the "pitch" bug, but it just happened to me when hitting play/pause to stop a track on Deck B (deck a restarted from first queue point).

Actual Result
Track on Master deck restarts at first queue point.

Expected Result
Nothing should happen on a deck not being touched.

Workaround
None that I know of, but this makes me nervous enough to not be able to use my V7's for real gigs. I love the hardware but I am currently very disappointed.

It was never addressed (officially) during beta testing; Serato just got around to acknowledging the thread on Feb. 18th, sooooo... be wary.
DJ Gerard Mack 2:21 AM - 25 February, 2014
Thank you. just read it. It i shying me away from buying the V7 but what affordable alternative is there? I do not want NS7 or NS7 mk2 because I do not like mirrored decks. I want my digital turntable without buying a box LOL. I've been using controller for almost 4 years now and hate pushing buttons, give me my spinning platter 2014 model not a 25 year old turntable. I miss my 1200's.
Anyway thanks again for showing me this. I am foolish and will probably pick them off craiglist for a good price anyway.
d:raf 3:17 AM - 25 February, 2014
I got mine from Craigslist and Ebay, one was $200 and the other was around $250; easily the most affordable and feature-rich SDJ controller out there (assuming you already have a mixer). I'm not giving up on 'em just yet :).
DJ Gerard Mack 1:43 PM - 25 February, 2014
d:raf - SO yours work exactly as they should in your opinion and experience?
d:raf 4:16 PM - 25 February, 2014
Quote:
d:raf - SO yours work exactly as they should in your opinion and experience?

So far, BUT... I don't think I've put enough hours of testing into them to rely on them just yet or to advise you to. My Allen & Heath Xone DX is still my go-to controller for gigs.

One thing I did notice is that the center of the pitch/0% isn't always in the center of the slider (sometimes the light comes on when it's just ever-so-slightly off center). A minor issue, but I filed it away under "idiosyncrasies to watch"
imconnectedsostfuoracceptmynickname 3:36 AM - 7 March, 2014
WickedBeats 5:08 PM - 27 March, 2014
How can I use Slicer on Numark V7
traybrook 10:02 PM - 1 May, 2014
Hey fellow dj's. I just purchased the v7 and ns7...both within the past month. I have been reading this thread and noticed a lot of the issue that u guys have experienced with serato dj. Being that this thread is 6 months old, have the bugs been worked out with these controllers, and if not, what are the main issue u are still having?

FYI...I'm not running video. I am a mobile dj,...so none of my gigs really require me to use the video features on serato dj at this time. Once again, just curious if there's anything else I may need SDJ for or should I just stick to itch?

Thanx in advance
FighteRanger 11:21 PM - 1 May, 2014
Just make sure you grab the latest drivers from numark.com. I haven't been experiencing any problems with the new Serato DJ build and drivers so far.
Aptidda 3:31 AM - 2 May, 2014
Ns7 and v7? Why?? Anyways my v7 runs flawlessly with serato dj 1.6.2 running the latest version of mavericks. Funny thing is I never took any extra steps to update my drivers for the v7. I'm assuming those came with the serato dj update......
katmoda 7:33 PM - 5 May, 2014
Quote:
Ns7 and v7? Why?? Anyways my v7 runs flawlessly with serato dj 1.6.2 running the latest version of mavericks. Funny thing is I never took any extra steps to update my drivers for the v7. I'm assuming those came with the serato dj update......

Numark has a newer driver for Mavericks..although its a beta.

www.numark.com

If your setup is working well now, i wouldn't change a thing :D
DJ Gerard Mack 9:22 PM - 5 May, 2014
I bought 2 V7's 2 months ago. One has this problem and the other doesn't .. So strange I cannot figure it out. And this connecting them as stand alone. Obviously when I use both no need to deck select.
bigStripe 4:32 AM - 9 May, 2014
I'm running Mavericks Beta 10.9.3 with DJ 1.6.2 without any issues... I just now picked up and unpacking a Pioneer DDJ SP1 to see how it works with my V7 & X5 combo.
stilz:ink 2:36 AM - 28 May, 2014
one issue i noticed with the 1.6.2 version of Serato Dj is my master deck will sometimes disable the play/stop button after playing for about 30min, i will have to switch the A/B toggle back and for the then the play/stop button works.. another bug is you can't stop the motor with the motor off button.
DJ Merci 1:17 PM - 28 May, 2014
anybody figure out a way to use sp6 sample with the hot cues yet? if so let us know, I'm searching myself
katmoda 7:40 AM - 29 May, 2014
@stilz:ink

To stop the platter s you need to hold down the delete key as well as pushing IIRC
stilz:ink 2:58 PM - 1 June, 2014
Quote:
@stilz:ink

To stop the platter s you need to hold down the delete key as well as pushing IIRC

thanks
stilz:ink 5:17 PM - 7 September, 2014
Noticed a bug in my 1.7 upgrade. The strip search will not work when track is playing, it will only work when track is stopped. Anyone else have this issue?
WickedBeats 5:52 PM - 7 September, 2014
Same issue noticed at my end. Strip search is not working when track is playing. This is noticed after 1.7 upgrade.
FighteRanger 8:27 PM - 7 September, 2014
It was investigated and found that occasionally an unexpected "touch strip" message was being sent which resulted in this issue.

As a workaround we implemented the following spec: touch strip only works when deck is stopped. We'd like to offer this as a setup screen option at some stage, but for now it is hard mapped this way to prevent this bug.
Aptidda 2:32 AM - 9 September, 2014
I can report that my touch strip also does not work on my v7 with the new 1.7 update. It never works when the track is playing.

Should I place a feedback request or are you guys already addressing this?

Thanks serato team I love you guys!
FighteRanger 2:40 AM - 9 September, 2014
No, read above your post :)

It has been disable because it was sending false messages to Searto DJ, which was causing the infamous track restart for some time now
Aptidda 2:50 AM - 9 September, 2014
Ok thanks ranger! So basically stand by until it's addressed in the future?
FighteRanger 2:54 AM - 9 September, 2014
It is currently a work around until they can figure out a solid fix for it, with the touchstrip always enable. Trust me! You will prefer this way then having your songs restarting when your adjusting the pitch.
DjEternalSouljah 5:39 AM - 9 September, 2014
Hi Numark Support,

Why was the ability to create auto loops on the fly removed from 1.7?? This is a crucial feature. How are we supposed to create loops on the fly? Please return this feature along with fixing the touch strip. Thanks a bunch.
d:raf 3:43 PM - 9 September, 2014
I can still make auto-loops (granted, I did it mostly with midi-mapping) 'cause I couldn't wait to start using my Korg Padkontrol again :) ). I don't miss the touchstrip-while-playing feature at all.; in fact, I didn't even know you could use it while playing 'cause the only time I use it is to quickly cue up a track when it doesn't start in the correct place on load (usually when I haven't created any cue points in it).
DjEternalSouljah 3:50 PM - 9 September, 2014
Yeah i agree i really never used the touchstrip all that much myself, but i use the auto loops quite a bit so, the only workaround i see is to downgrade my SDJ to the previous version which sucks, cuz i was going to try out the new features added. Hopefully someone from Serato responds.
d:raf 3:52 PM - 9 September, 2014
If you get a small midi controller (like a trigger finger, or anything with buttons on it really) you can map all of the auto-loop functions that way. I never bothered trying it on the V7 itself to see if it still worked.
DjEternalSouljah 2:20 PM - 10 September, 2014
Yeah good point but in all honesty i shouldn't have to buy one, V7 supposed to have that feature intergrated, but i know what you mean. Thanks bro
Nephew#1 12:55 AM - 13 September, 2014
I discovery that you don't need strip search.

Push and hold the shift button and spin the platter with your hand.

This search funtion works even better and faster than the strip search function.
daylate 8:29 PM - 30 September, 2014
1.7 freaked me out! it doesnt read my numark v7 at all, i downgraded to 1.6, which used to work fine, but know its all wonkey (track skipping around, track not playing from the beginning) this was my go to version but now it doesnt work anymore, I am completely dead in the water and cannot play out anymore due to the latest upgrade, I have found since 1.6 came out every upgrade my makes it worse and worse! (1.6.3 completely fucked up a whole night for me!) please fix this I am at the point where it is costing me money! I don't want to go to virtual dj but if it works I gotta do what I gotta do!
Serato, Support
Micah G. 8:45 PM - 30 September, 2014
Hi daylate,

Can you start a help request to get some support with that? Do that here - serato.com

Cheers,
Micah