Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN !

DJ Louie7 3:29 AM - 6 September, 2013
I posted a note on FACEBOOK regarding the new SSL and Serato DJ merger. I fully understand that the "new" software (Serato DJ) will now be taking over for SSL. I was OK with this but then you announced that the original SSL 1 box will be not be phased into the new system because of there was no way you could do anything with it being that it is 10 years old. I spent over $500+ to get this package and now your company wants us to spend another $400-700 to get another one that would go with the new upgraded software. I'm not arguing about your software by any means. In fact, my partner convinced to get into it. I am a VINYL junkie - REAL OLD SCHOOL, and he saved my back from carrying around heavy crates everywhere. When I first got the system I got to say it was awesome. But now we have to shell out more money for a new package - COME ON NOW ! Money does not grow on trees, I'm not going to become a thief, and your hardware is VERY PRICEY !! You must come up with a solution to make this transition easier for us. I had a meeting with some DJs in my community and they were shocked when I told them the situation. Many of them were irate stating the same thing. I have no issue with the software, it is the REPURCHASING of the hardware that gets to me. Even my wife said, "Are they out of their minds ?". Serato should come up with something that will benefit those who got the first original SSL 1 Box - I could see guys that are coming into it for the first time, but us veterans. We have come a long way not to mention our money to get these packages to entertain our clients, many of which like the fact that there are no more "hidious" crates to look at in our gigs.

Let me be clear on this, you have a great product but it is very expensive and our profit margins are very low. I personally don't want tp use any other DJ software but SERATO. It has proven to me that DJing can be the greatest pastime I have ever experienced.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Dj MacMillz 5:29 AM - 6 September, 2013
I have a few questions:
How much you paid for your sl1?
How long have you had it/used it?
Are you a gigging dj?
You realize that sl1 is 10yrs old (just about) and is still running on USB 1.1?

Now I will say: moving forward with the technology, if you continue to upgrade your OS, eventually it will not work with older usb 1.1 devices, so it would be useless anyway. Serato clearly stated that they will continue to work on SSL until 2015, that's more than enough time to gather some scratch (no pun intended) to grab a new slbox. They also stated that when the full merger happens, they will still support (help /troubleshoot) SSL, it just won't be updated past 2015, furthermore, you can use your sl1 forever if you choose, the old versions will remain on the site for you to have.

There is a video explaining this on the site and linked in the onslaught of posts since the announcement. I don't understand the confusion for anyone. If you want to use the new software when available, you will have to get new hardware, if you don't care for it you don't have to upgrade.
DJ Louie7 2:10 PM - 6 September, 2013
Question 1 - I paid $622.37 for the SL1 box (Shipping + handling incld.)
Question 2 - Using it for 9 years.
Question 3 - Yes I'm gigging. But most of my clients don't want to pay $1000 for DJs to go to their functions and set up a sound system, not to mention lights as well. They rather get their nephew or niece (of friend) who don't know much about sound engineering and/or use a HOME sound system.

Yes I understand that SL1 is 10 years old and I'm all for new updates as well as my crew but your boxes are PRICEY. We have 4 SL1 boxes that are being used at various times with our DJs and to get 4 new set ups is costly. I understand that SSL will be here forever and that there will be support but when SERATO DJ gets new features obviously SSL won't have them. We want to upgrade but like I said it's going to be costly. Bottom line is I'll be paying a total of about $1000+ for each of these pachages.
haze324 2:21 PM - 6 September, 2013
Dude at 9 years its cost you about 70.00 per year of use. That's a bargain! I wish I had ANY technology that was still relevant after 9 years --- cell phone, laptop, flat screen TV, etc. A 10 year lifespan was awesome.

Also SL2's are not that much these days, and used ones are even cheaper. I've seen them new on eBay for 400.00 and used ones I've seen as low as 300.00

It's time to move on my man. Sorry to break it to you.
Dj MacMillz 3:00 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Dude at 9 years its cost you about 70.00 per year of use. That's a bargain! I wish I had ANY technology that was still relevant after 9 years --- cell phone, laptop, flat screen TV, etc. A 10 year lifespan was awesome.

Also SL2's are not that much these days, and used ones are even cheaper. I've seen them new on eBay for 400.00 and used ones I've seen as low as 300.00

It's time to move on my man. Sorry to break it to you.

This^^
DJ CAPRO 3:16 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
We have 4 SL1 boxes that are being used at various times with our DJs and to get 4 new set ups is costly.

Understandable. But USB 1.1 is simply going away one way or another and it would be best to sell those off quickly. I chopped mine as soon as USB 3 came out and certain ports no longer accepted 1.1 unless they were used through a 2.0 USB hub
djbigmark 4:47 PM - 6 September, 2013
I Sure hope that you guys are not using the same laptop or windows office form 10 years ago. remember the internet using dial up with a 28k or 56k modem. Now we have always on connection blazing fast. I too was upset that I could not milk anymore money out of my TTM 57 but hell man its 10 years old, I have moved on and purchased a pioneer DDJ SX because I thought it was a better move. I still have the 57 and plan to sell it maybe if i find some sucker to buy it. The 57 still has life left in it.

The way this is going the turntable will become extinct soon, controllers and software is where its at now. Why spend 6,000 on mixer and cdjs when i can buy a controller for 1,000 and still rock a party. the equipment being pushed on us by pioneer and rane is not for your average dj that plays ni a bar or a wedding. it is made for the high end club or tour dj. also ask yourself do you need to remix songs on the fly or just play a song and make people dance. i myself prefer things simple.
Joee 5:04 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
I posted a note on FACEBOOK regarding the new SSL and Serato DJ merger. I fully understand that the "new" software (Serato DJ) will now be taking over for SSL. I was OK with this but then you announced that the original SSL 1 box will be not be phased into the new system because of there was no way you could do anything with it being that it is 10 years old. I spent over $500+ to get this package and now your company wants us to spend another $400-700 to get another one that would go with the new upgraded software. I'm not arguing about your software by any means. In fact, my partner convinced to get into it. I am a VINYL junkie - REAL OLD SCHOOL, and he saved my back from carrying around heavy crates everywhere. When I first got the system I got to say it was awesome. But now we have to shell out more money for a new package - COME ON NOW ! Money does not grow on trees, I'm not going to become a thief, and your hardware is VERY PRICEY !! You must come up with a solution to make this transition easier for us. I had a meeting with some DJs in my community and they were shocked when I told them the situation. Many of them were irate stating the same thing. I have no issue with the software, it is the REPURCHASING of the hardware that gets to me. Even my wife said, "Are they out of their minds ?". Serato should come up with something that will benefit those who got the first original SSL 1 Box - I could see guys that are coming into it for the first time, but us veterans. We have come a long way not to mention our money to get these packages to entertain our clients, many of which like the fact that there are no more "hidious" crates to look at in our gigs.

Let me be clear on this, you have a great product but it is very expensive and our profit margins are very low. I personally don't want tp use any other DJ software but SERATO. It has proven to me that DJing can be the greatest pastime I have ever experienced.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

your looking at this the wrong way, the sl1 stll has value sell for $200 than + another $200 & buy a sl2

you have use this sl1 for 9 years & how money have you made with it? it paid for it self already no mater what you sell it for your not losing

time to upgrade mi pana, dale-----> www.ebay.com

-----> www.ebay.com
DjFuentes82 5:10 PM - 6 September, 2013
In other words: Get with the times (you and your team).

10 years is more than enough time to make up 10 fold what you paid for your equipment and then some no matter how in need of gigs you might be.
Joee 5:18 PM - 6 September, 2013
o forgot to mention, your not starting again, your upgrading!!!!
DjFuentes82 6:53 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
o forgot to mention, your not starting again, your upgrading!!!!

+1
DJ Louie7 11:05 PM - 6 September, 2013
Well, DJ Fuentes - it's not upgrading, it's money that has to come out of pocket to pay for it, Not only that There is no support for the DENON DN HD-2500 OR THE DN HC-1000S EITHER. Furthermore, these pieces are not beat. They look like I just finished purchasing them, not to mention my other guys with their systems. A new software controller, a new midi controller.......hmmmm. What about that cost ? I don't purchase anything from eBay, I always go to a reputable dealer - SAM ASH, GUITAR CENTER, etc. I'm not disputing the fact the upgrades have to be done, I'm just saying that it's getting pricey and equipment budgets are not at their lowest. Cas in point, I just finished a major upgrade in which I had 25 year old bulky speakers and now have the latest EV ELX Series of speakers which are smaller and easier to move (Cost $ 2400 {and nearly my marriage} lol ). I also see copmanies like DENON that offer rebates if you buy their products in order to upgrade. I don't see SERATO/RANE doing ANYTHING like that. COMPENSATION is key to this discussion Gentlemen. Like I said, I'm for the upgrades but it is hitting in the pocket. Some of my guys aren't getting paid what they are worth and even some clients don't want to pay for either. Finally, one final question, Hoe long until SERATO DJ will see it's last days and then an upgrade of another box and or software will come to pass ???

To be continued...................
DJ CAPRO 11:54 PM - 6 September, 2013
^^ maybe half as long, who knows?

The best part is still your wife totally agrees with you about how expensive it is ;-)

The fact Rane builds equipment that will last for 50 years doesn't mean technology has to stay locked to it and can't evolve beyond it.

Hustle it man. Adapting is a cornerstone to success.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:56 PM - 6 September, 2013
The Denon HC-1000s will be supported in Serato DJ.

Quote:
Hoe long until SERATO DJ will see it's last days and then an upgrade of another box and or software will come to pass ???

The SL 2 and higher are USB 2.0 devices with 24bit, 48kHz (at least) sound cards which will last well into the future.

Serato DJ has also been rebuilt, using all the lessons we took from the development of Scratch Live to be solid for the future. It's built to be developed on for a long time.
DJ Louie7 12:11 AM - 7 September, 2013
To DJ Capro - She was in shock when I told her the news. Her 1st question to me was "is our vacation going to be in jeopardy ?" LOL And yes, fully understand that we must adapt to modern times. Still though, someone's pockets are going to feel a pinch. =)

To Samuel S - Yes I have read the specs on it. I just want SERATO to help us out as well by offering something to compensate for it. Either a trade or discount offer of some kind. Some of my partners just got laid off themselves and can't afford to do the upgrades at all. Go figure. =\
DJ CAPRO 1:39 AM - 7 September, 2013
I hear you man. I've had to upgrade a bunch of times and who knows how many vacations I missed (or down payments if you count music.)

Good news is SSL is a highly refined and complete product that will remain serviceable for several more years if you need it to. It's not like Serato Itch a couple years ago where the controller users had to compromise our sets and wait for the complete package to thankfully arrive in the form of Serato DJ.
DJ CAPRO 1:44 AM - 7 September, 2013
That reminds me, if you sell your decks/cdjs and mixers you should be able to afford a few controllers which include all that plus the Serato box inside. Might have a good amount of change for going on trips too.
DjFuentes82 4:35 AM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
Well, DJ Fuentes - it's not upgrading, it's money that has to come out of pocket to pay for it, Not only that There is no support for the DENON DN HD-2500 OR THE DN HC-1000S EITHER. Furthermore, these pieces are not beat. They look like I just finished purchasing them, not to mention my other guys with their systems. A new software controller, a new midi controller.......hmmmm. What about that cost ? I don't purchase anything from eBay, I always go to a reputable dealer - SAM ASH, GUITAR CENTER, etc. I'm not disputing the fact the upgrades have to be done, I'm just saying that it's getting pricey and equipment budgets are not at their lowest. Cas in point, I just finished a major upgrade in which I had 25 year old bulky speakers and now have the latest EV ELX Series of speakers which are smaller and easier to move (Cost $ 2400 {and nearly my marriage} lol ). I also see copmanies like DENON that offer rebates if you buy their products in order to upgrade. I don't see SERATO/RANE doing ANYTHING like that. COMPENSATION is key to this discussion Gentlemen. Like I said, I'm for the upgrades but it is hitting in the pocket. Some of my guys aren't getting paid what they are worth and even some clients don't want to pay for either. Finally, one final question, Hoe long until SERATO DJ will see it's last days and then an upgrade of another box and or software will come to pass ???

To be continued...................

Louie don't take it so hard. All we're saying is your equipment is due for an upgrade anyways. Fortunately in this business we get new upgrades and features added often so it's only logical to try and upgrade our equipment as well. Even your Denon HD-2500 if I'm not mistaken has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
All I'm saying is 9 years is a loooong time in this business without an upgrade.

Ps.
Great upgrade on the speakers. I have a pair of EVs ELX 112P and they're solid.
damehype 5:19 AM - 7 September, 2013
Or you can choose to stay on ScratchLive and use your current equipment until the wheels fall off. You don't "have" to switch to Serato DJ. The SL1 is not going to stop working after 2015
Mark Quest 5:21 AM - 7 September, 2013
"I had a meeting with some DJs in my community and they were shocked when I told them the situation."

Anybody else picturing this? LOL

So you're using a SL1 box & probably only use the very basic features of SSL (as your hardware is limited), but you want all the advatages of the upgraded software (SP-^, Izotope FX, etc), but you don't want it to cost you anything, because you feel that you haven't gotten $622.37 in value out of your hardware in over 9 years? I don't understand why you are complaining. Unless you upgrade your hardware anyway, you won't be able to utilise any of the upgrades, so why not just stick with what you HAVE been happy with for the last decade?
But if you want to come to this party, unfortunately my friend it is going to cost you.
The decision is yours. Serato are in no way obligated by ANY stretch of the imagination to compensate you.
Tell me, how often do you upgrade your mobile phone?
Mark Quest 5:21 AM - 7 September, 2013
*SP-6
Mark Quest 5:23 AM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
Or you can choose to stay on ScratchLive and use your current equipment until the wheels fall off. You don't "have" to switch to Serato DJ. The SL1 is not going to stop working after 2015

^^^^

This
Dj Nyce 5:26 AM - 7 September, 2013
this is the problem with dj's these days. back in the day there was cost barrier to entry to be a dj. now, if you have a few hundred bucks you're in the big show.

dj'ing costs money. if not for your equipment, its for the music you play. you think you can buy a piece of audio equipment and expect that you'll never have to upgrade? serato is amazing at having supported the sl1 and 57 for so long. both of those pieces of equipment have been discontinued YEARS ago.

if you are still rocking a 57 and sl1 and are complaining of not getting new updates after 2015...you are maaad cheap.

and it's not like a switch is going to flipped on january 1 2015. you can continue to use your sl1, scratch live 1.1 and windows xp til you're old and grey.
DJ Louie7 10:51 PM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
"I had a meeting with some DJs in my community and they were shocked when I told them the situation."

So you're using a SL1 box & probably only use the very basic features of SSL (as your hardware is limited), but you want all the advatages of the upgraded software (SP-^, Izotope FX, etc), but you don't want it to cost you anything, because you feel that you haven't gotten $622.37 in value out of your hardware in over 9 years? I don't understand why you are complaining. Unless you upgrade your hardware anyway, you won't be able to utilise any of the upgrades, so why not just stick with what you HAVE been happy with for the last decade?
But if you want to come to this party, unfortunately my friend it is going to cost you.
The decision is yours. Serato are in no way obligated by ANY stretch of the imagination to compensate you.

I utilize ALL FEATURES - NO STONE UNTURNED. As for phone upgrades, I get FREE upgrades, EVEN ON PHONE EQUIPMENT. ALL I DO IS TURN IN THE OLD ONE AND GEDT THE NEW. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe RANE/SERATO should do something like that.
DJ Louie7 10:57 PM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
The Denon HC-1000s will be supported in Serato DJ.

Quote:
Hoe long until SERATO DJ will see it's last days and then an upgrade of another box and or software will come to pass ???

The SL 2 and higher are USB 2.0 devices with 24bit, 48kHz (at least) sound cards which will last well into the future.

Serato DJ has also been rebuilt, using all the lessons we took from the development of Scratch Live to be solid for the future. It's built to be developed on for a long time.

Has that been confirmed ? Serato DJ will support Denon HC1000s controller ?
Dj Wunder 11:47 PM - 27 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I utilize ALL FEATURES - NO STONE UNTURNED. As for phone upgrades, I get FREE upgrades, EVEN ON PHONE EQUIPMENT. ALL I DO IS TURN IN THE OLD ONE AND GEDT THE NEW. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe RANE/SERATO should do something like that.

Your phone upgrades are not free. Your carrier pays the phone manufacturer so you don't have to. In turn, you promise the carrier to pay them $XX for 2 years straight. Perhaps you would prefer that Serato gave you a free Rane box, and you pay Serato a monthly fee?

Or perhaps you should go ahead and buy what you need to do your job. If all you need is that trusty SL1, Scratch Live, and your current Macbook, well guess what, you're in luck, you own all that already, and it should work literally forever.
DJ Louie7 2:22 PM - 28 September, 2013
That would probably be an improvement.
DjFuentes82 3:02 PM - 28 September, 2013
@DjLouie7
Think about like this:
You've been making money with the same setup for MANY years and getting free upgrades as well, Serato is not making any money off of you since you bought your equipment 9+ years ago, the only way they make their money is by getting new clients to buy equipment or old clients NOT CHEAP ENOUGH to upgrade their setup so stop looking for Serato to accommodate you and keep using Scratch Live for another 10 years.
FabulousFrequencies 6:52 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
But USB 1.1 is simply going away one way or another and it would be best to sell those off quickly.

Just to be fair, you won't live to see the day USB 1.1 isn't supported by the standard. The only hangup I can think of would be clock differences. But SSL played nice with both standards. So the idea of dropping the SL1 from SDJ seems more like a personal decision than one forced by hardware compatibility issues.

Here is the bottom line - It's the bottom line. RANE is happy you are happy. But they cannot continue to make money to fork over to Serato off a unit they no longer sell. Serato isn't free and when SDJ dropped i'm sure there were renegotiations. Serato most likely hammered out a price per model license deal (speculation) and that makes the choices obvious. They are going to pay Serato to develop for models the company continues to earn revenue on. Else, they're taking a loss.

Some companies were quite gracious, Like Vestax and the VCI300. That was a love shot deciding to include the 300 in SDJ. Or perhaps a mk3 is on the way ;) The A&H crew didn't have it so good with the DX in contrast. Allen & Heath said 'eff this' and turned their back on the DX. Why on earth would they throw more money at Serato then? These are not Serato choices, these are vendor choices as they ultimately have to pay the licensing fees. Not to mention the debacle of trying to determine a 'price-per-unit' license deal on units you can no longer track the sales of. Think about that for a second.

The up side that has been hammered home repeatedly is that SSL will always work with it, and nobody is forced to 'start over'. My only advocacy for continued support is when Serato promises to deliver a specific level of performance and features out of the box and doesn't deliver for the entire consumer base. This is why I feel compelled to side with DX users, for many of them there are unresolved bugs throughout the release history that will now never be resolved. In contrast what about SSL? All I ever head about it how 'solid' it is. Do you feel SSL hasn't delivered on a advertised spec within the SL1 advertised feature set? If so, you probably have a case for continued support until it's 'right'. But my understanding is that it IS 'right' and if you want to move on to SDJ you should upgrade.

I don't think that's an unfair assessment.
Andrei Matei 8:49 PM - 28 September, 2013
There is way too much whining going on here.

1.) You should be able to pay for a new SL2 with one gig. What's the big deal?
2.) The SQ on the SL1 is pretty poor. The SQ on SL2/3/4 is fantastic. Why *wouldn't* you care about the sound quality of your sets?
3.) Like others have said, just keep using SSL. No reason not to at least through 2014.

People need to be more reasonable. Serato is more than reasonable with us.
al83 3:25 PM - 29 September, 2013
dude you don't have to upgrade, chill out, just stick with SSL 2.4, it'll continue to be supported.
DJ Louie7 8:36 PM - 29 September, 2013
DJFuentes82 & Andrei Matei - you both don't see the "Behind the issue". It's not whinng it's a cost issue with my guys. Some guys love their set ups and enjoy working with them. They embrace software upgrades but when it comes to hardware upgrades, some retailers don't pay back too well on used equipment. I can see if it was BEAT UP used equipment but when it practically looks like they bought it yesterday that's when they have the issue.

al83, HOMEY, I understand that upgrades in software and hardware are in most cases necessary. I come from the days when VINYL was the supreme entity and the very first Technics 1200 was released. It was fantastic to see the technology do it thing and save our backs in heavy loads. I do upgrades in software and hardware and I just don't look at the simple cover art of the box, I also look at the science of it as well as the cost and effectiveness. Not only for myself but for my crew as well. Some of them do this for a living, and those few, can't afford to make upgrades.

FabulousFrequencies - I agree with you 1000%. I don't see why companies like DENON don't make the effort of making their products compatible with software. Their products are awesome but they should be looking forward to these companies releasing changes in their software. I know that their stuff is "mappable" ; they should be a "PLAN B" for all their products when software companies change apps. Make it worth for us who shell out this money year after year. After all, if DJs are making changes to get the latest software, they should as well. I don't think they will lose any money.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:33 PM - 29 September, 2013
You don't have to change man. You do understand that right? You can continue to do what you have been doing. It will continue to work, so there is no cost issue. if you are that pressed to upgrade, then I suggest you and "your crew" pool your cash together and get one of the SL-2,3, or 4 boxes. Share it until you can afford to pool cash together to get another one.

You spent loot on something 10 years ago, it still works, will continue to work, and you still want more. C'mon son.
nik39 12:00 AM - 30 September, 2013
Quote:
DJFuentes82 & Andrei Matei - you both don't see the "Behind the issue". It's not whinng it's a cost issue with my guys.

Quote:
al83, HOMEY, I understand that upgrades in software and hardware are in most cases necessary. I come from the days when VINYL was the supreme entity and the very first Technics 1200 was released. It was fantastic to see the technology do it thing and save our backs in heavy loads. I do upgrades in software and hardware and I just don't look at the simple cover art of the box, I also look at the science of it as well as the cost and effectiveness. Not only for myself but for my crew as well. Some of them do this for a living, and those few, can't afford to make upgrades.

Hey Loui,

I had this one client. It's a company, they have 5 employees. They trade with stuff and make some money. They have been doing this for quite some time, so they must make enough money to pay their bills, otherwise they would had been out of business.

So they came to me an said
"Hey nik, we really appreciate your work as a DJ. We respect DJ's in general, and we really love music and we like what you do. There is this celebration party we are doing. We have recorded a mix from the DJ we booked 5 years ago from your dj company. This mix, we have been playing during the last 5 anniversary parties. It is the same mix and it's getting old, we want to listen to the latest music, and we would like you to play the music for us. We do this for a living but we can't afford to make upgrades. We spent over $500+ to get this to get this package where we booked the other DJ 5 years ago and now we want some new music and another show from you and now your company wants us to spend another $400-700 to get another dj that would go with the new music. I'm not arguing about your dj skills by any means. But now we have to shell out more money for a a new dj COME ON NOW ! Money does not grow on trees, I'm not going to become a thief, and your dj service is VERY PRICEY !! You must come up with a solution to make this transition easier for us. I had a meeting with some colleagues in department and they were shocked when I told them the situation. Even my wife said, "Are they out of their minds ?".
Let me be clear on this, you have great music but it is very expensive and our profit margins are very low. I personally don't want to book any other DJ but you. It has proven to me that music can be the greatest pastime I have ever experienced.
Yes I understand that old mix is 5 years old and I'm all for new music as well as my crew but your service is PRICEY. I understand that the old mix will be here forever and that there will be support but when comes out obviously we won't have them. We want to upgrade but like I said it's going to be costly. Bottom line is I'll be paying a total of about $1000+ for each of these dj gigs.

Get the point?
Dj Wunder 2:01 AM - 30 September, 2013
I think nik has summed this up quite nicely, and the thread should be closed. Louie, if money for new equipment is an issue, you and your crew aren't charging enough.
DJ Boom Bap 2:44 AM - 30 September, 2013
Man, all this bitching over the SL1.......I bought the DDJ-SX less than a year ago, and if I want a couple new features, I have to upgrade/downgrade to the new 2 channel Pio controller...

1st world problems.
DJ Louie7 10:09 AM - 30 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
DJFuentes82 & Andrei Matei - you both don't see the "Behind the issue". It's not whinng it's a cost issue with my guys.

Quote:

Hey Loui,

I had this one client. It's a company, they have 5 employees. They trade with stuff and make some money. They have been doing this for quite some time, so they must make enough money to pay their bills, otherwise they would had been out of business.

So they came to me an said
"Hey nik, we really appreciate your work as a DJ. We respect DJ's in general, and we really love music and we like what you do. There is this celebration party we are doing. We have recorded a mix from the DJ we booked 5 years ago from your dj company. This mix, we have been playing during the last 5 anniversary parties. It is the same mix and it's getting old, we want to listen to the latest music, and we would like you to play the music for us. We do this for a living but we can't afford to make upgrades. We spent over $500+ to get this to get this package where we booked the other DJ 5 years ago and now we want some new music and another show from you and now your company wants us to spend another $400-700 to get another dj that would go with the new music. I'm not arguing about your dj skills by any means. But now we have to shell out more money for a a new dj COME ON NOW ! Money does not grow on trees, I'm not going to become a thief, and your dj service is VERY PRICEY !! You must come up with a solution to make this transition easier for us. I had a meeting with some colleagues in department and they were shocked when I told them the situation. Even my wife said, "Are they out of their minds ?".
Let me be clear on this, you have great music but it is very expensive and our profit margins are very low. I personally don't want to book any other DJ but you. It has proven to me that music can be the greatest pastime I have ever experienced.
Yes I understand that old mix is 5 years old and I'm all for new music as well as my crew but your service is PRICEY. I understand that the old mix will be here forever and that there will be support but when comes out obviously we won't have them. We want to upgrade but like I said it's going to be costly. Bottom line is I'll be paying a total of about $1000+ for each of these dj gigs.

Get the point?

MUSIC is obviously NOT the problem. We have aprox. 7 TB of music collected since Serato has been out. STOP BEING A MORON !! That was not the issue here. GET IT ??!!
DJ Louie7 10:11 AM - 30 September, 2013
RIGHT LET'S CLOSE THE DISCUSSION. OBVIOUSLY NO ONE SEES THE POINT.
nik39 11:00 AM - 30 September, 2013
Quote:
MUSIC is obviously NOT the problem. We have aprox. 7 TB of music collected since Serato has been out. STOP BEING A MORON !! That was not the issue here. GET IT ??!!

Not in your case. But in my case the client called as, and wanted to have the latest music and service, but didn't want to pay. In your case you want the latest features and service, but you don't want to pay either.

Do you see an analogy?
DjFuentes82 9:49 PM - 30 September, 2013
Quote:

There's no point to get Louie.
You sound like another "New Bedroom Dj" who wants the latest stuff but obviously can't afford because mommy and daddy won't buy it for them.

Keep rocking SSL until you and your buddies (who apparently are not doing well as DJs) have collected enough to upgrade.

And stop blaming the software or the manufacturer of your equipment for not supporting 10 year old gear.
deejdave 3:26 AM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:

I am sorry but this means nothing. I have been DJing for 15 years and TBH I have (on my primary drives) only about 80,000 which totals to about 450 GB of music which is still more than necessary to run a successful DJ business. I could easily duplicate the whole drive 10 times and now I have 4.5 TB of music but it's all duplicates and what does this prove? NOTHING. Also how does 7 TB of music help on a system that is only stable with 3 TB or less?

Quote:

The point seems to be understood ny the majority here but what you are getting frustrated is that no one AGREES with YOUR point.

Bottom line you state the product is expensive and your profit margins are very low. This raises a red flag with me. This is none of my business and ultimately up to you but in my area I price accordingly. The SL2 is cheap when considering it is a core product to enable a service that is able (unless there is something wrong which NO interface or software can help with) to charge $100-$250/hr. This should pay for your SL2 in two hrs. in some cases. Would you say another 10 years of $100/hr. (AT THE VERY LEAST) is to unfair to ask for especially when contrary to what FabulousFrequencies said USB 1.1 is being dropped in terms of support. Just look at the issues the PC guys are facing with newer i series processors & USB 1.1. Apparently (aside from workarounds) Microsoft has no plans of ever fixing it either because.......................... USB 1.1 IS a sub-standard technology that creates too many drawbacks & handicaps.

You DO have two options here though as many have stated preciously and NEITHER are starting all over again. You can a.) purchase a SL2 for $400 which I understand is not grown from trees but big picture wise is pocket change or b.) Keep your SL1 and use the last supported version as of Dec. 2014. I say do both. Even if you do go with the SL2 option there is NOTHING you need to "start over" as the SSl to SDJ transition will be a sooth one.

All in all you know its coming so see if there is a window of opportunity to find 2 hrs out of the next 10,968 1/2 hrs until January 1st 2015 and get that $400 needed....................... You won't regret it.
FabulousFrequencies 3:55 AM - 1 October, 2013
I'm personally LOVING the flood of sl1's to the market in lieu of the announcements. I went from straight vinyl to digital and never got to use SSL. Looks like i'll get my chance in the $100 range now. Let it rain baby! (no offense)
deejdave 4:03 AM - 1 October, 2013
I agree. Not for nothing I am officially predicting soemthing here. totally feel people will get rid of these units in a frantic rage for prices like you said $100 (and under as I have seen) and in about 5 yrs. the price will go up. The SL1 is to Digital DJing what the Technics 1200 was to turntables. It WAS the king (Some still consider the 1200 king over everything actually) and I fully feel it will be regarded as such in the not so far future. I AM keeping mind and TBH was thinking of scooping one or two more when the prices hit rockbottom ........................................... FabulousFrequencies has the right idea about this and there should be many more who should see this as an opportunity instead of a problem. You gotta see the good in everything because more than often its there and its real.

No offense to Serato but when the CDJ-2000Nexus was not supported I took it as an opportunity to learn Traktor in & out. In the end after much use I DO NOT LIKE Traktor but at least I am aware of it and have learned to appreciate my Serato all the much more. Not to mention I am able to offer troubleshooting & tips to my customers. THE GOOD IN THE BAD!!
DJ Louie7 12:04 AM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

You sound like another "New Bedroom Dj" who wants the latest stuff but obviously can't afford because mommy and daddy won't buy it for them.

Keep rocking SSL until you and your buddies (who apparently are not doing well as DJs) have collected enough to upgrade.

And stop blaming the software or the manufacturer of your equipment for not supporting 10 year old gear.

Like I said , you're a MORON. I've been DJing since you were itching in your DADDY's pants.
Chris Beckler 12:34 AM - 4 October, 2013
Well, seems you will be out of business soon if your SL1 dies and no money to upgrade to a newer version...
Joee 12:37 AM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
Well, seems you will be out of business soon if your SL1 dies and no money to upgrade to a newer version...

lol........
Joee 12:46 AM - 4 October, 2013
i really don't get this hole tread, if you own a business and you make money with that business.........there are business expenses....ie upgrades

but who cares cause your making money with every single item that you buy for that business

stop crying already man just buy a sl2

if you keep crying than you need to quit the dj business cause your not making any money at it......bottom line! how is that you can dj for ten years with sl1 make money with it and complain about having to start over

your not starting over your upgrading , deja de joder ya papi, spend some money

************FACE PALM********
Maskrider 12:52 AM - 4 October, 2013
All I can say if your not making money from Djing or it's not your hobby....Then stop it by all means necessary.

Technology went through a lot of transition if you can't upgrade then make the most of what you have.
Maskrider 12:53 AM - 4 October, 2013
I'm an old school Dj too....but I'm not crying like a little B#$@% about it.
Joee 12:57 AM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
All I can say if your not making money from Djing or it's not your hobby....Then stop it by all means necessary.

Technology went through a lot of transition if you can't upgrade then make the most of what you have.

he bought a sl1($500), can you imagine if he would have bought a ttm57 ($1,500)..........lol

o my good he would really be crying maybe even pulling out his hair........lol
Joee 1:00 AM - 4 October, 2013
o buy the way i'm good with sdj cause i spend money on my gear since i make money with my gear

two $2,000 mixers-------> [IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
Joee 1:01 AM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
I'm an old school Dj too....but I'm not crying like a little B#$@% about it.

i'm a old school dj two more that 20 years still going strong
Maskrider 1:11 AM - 4 October, 2013
Exactly man....lol I do have an SL1 and now I have a Vci380...I understand how times change...No offense to the OP but you already got your money's worth from all those years.
Maskrider 1:12 AM - 4 October, 2013
I do make money too....enough not to cry about.
Joee 1:30 AM - 4 October, 2013
^ i have a vci 380 --> [IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG] ,i love the thing to the point that i don't even want to carry turntables no more

got me thinking back on topic about the hole starting over, your remember back in the day when we used to hit the record store every week sometime twice a week, i swear i never left without spending less than $60 to $80 every time DJ Louie7 must have been crying every time he had to buy records.........lol, god forbid he had to buy doubles too juggle

today with serato spend less money on music with the digital age, so serato evens out you spend some money now and spend less later

and something tells me he is file sharing left and right
FabulousFrequencies 1:47 AM - 4 October, 2013
I live less than a mile from Jerrys records.. Good god you could get lost in that place and that man really does have a photographic memory. Pristine full LP's are like 7 bucks. XF goes for 4-5 bucks, and plenty playable LP's are 2-3 bones. Life has never been better for doin shit 'right' because once I own the LP, I can legally own every track in digital too. So for anywhere from 3-7 dollars I can own a vinyl hard copy and a digital copy PLUS I get to rip all those acapellas and maxi cuts you can't even find in digital. This is honestly the easiest and cheapest i've ever been able to man up the archive with doubles to mix digitally or analogue.

Life is GOOD, Louie! Buck up and nab an sl3 for $450 man. Toss the sl1 in the bag as a spare and keep a copy of SSL installed. Al this redundancy is getting SUPER affordable, not the other way around!
Joee 2:40 PM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
I live less than a mile from Jerrys records.. Good god you could get lost in that place and that man really does have a photographic memory. Pristine full LP's are like 7 bucks. XF goes for 4-5 bucks, and plenty playable LP's are 2-3 bones. Life has never been better for doin shit 'right' because once I own the LP, I can legally own every track in digital too. So for anywhere from 3-7 dollars I can own a vinyl hard copy and a digital copy PLUS I get to rip all those acapellas and maxi cuts you can't even find in digital. This is honestly the easiest and cheapest i've ever been able to man up the archive with doubles to mix digitally or analogue.

Life is GOOD, Louie! Buck up and nab an sl3 for $450 man. Toss the sl1 in the bag as a spare and keep a copy of SSL installed. Al this redundancy is getting SUPER affordable, not the other way around!

he cant buy anymore gear his wife almost left him cause he upgraded his speakers (ELX)

"I just finished a major upgrade in which I had 25 year old bulky speakers and now have the latest EV ELX Series of speakers which are smaller and easier to move (Cost $ 2400 {and nearly my marriage} lol )"

now i see the problem.........lol
FabulousFrequencies 2:47 PM - 4 October, 2013
Basic math applies here:

Ditch old lady + gig more = bring more groupies home to get over it.

Although, that doesn't factor in divorce losses. She'd probably take the left speaker and half the SL box. My man would be out there with a tape deck plugged into a karaoke machine by the time she got done with him.

Probably best to just ride the SL1 out for a while.
Joee 3:13 PM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
Basic math applies here:

Ditch old lady + gig more = bring more groupies home to get over it.

Although, that doesn't factor in divorce losses. She'd probably take the left speaker and half the SL box. My man would be out there with a tape deck plugged into a karaoke machine by the time she got done with him.

Probably best to just ride the SL1 out for a while.

lol......considering the fact that he used his speakers for 25 years, he still has another 16 years of life left in the sl1

but for real this guy is just not making sense here HELLO don't you like your new elx speakers better than your old ones, the same applies to the sl2 box you will like it more

again HELLO you can sell each one of you sl1 for $200 each you been djing so long you should have connections with stores that sell gear, you can buy brand new sl2 for $400

but i get it your not getting quality paying gigs and it seem like your wife is not supportive of you djing if some $2,000 speaker almost cost you your marriage, after 20+ years of djing this is where you at (coming on the forum and crying about having to buy 4 new sl2 boxes)
than maybe you should reconsider of djing is the right thing for you

i remember when i bought first vci 380 i was looking at it like damn i want it, but told my wife i want it but i cant buy it she said WHY? i said to her man i just spent a few hundred on other gear last week......she said SO you want it buy it.....your gonna make money with it anyway

this is why i don't understand the whole "almost cost me my marriage comment, maybe you married the wrong woman your spouse is supposed to be supportive of what you do, es·pe·cial·ly if it makes you money no matter how little or much you make
DjCity 3:51 PM - 4 October, 2013
Louie7...

Give it up dude. You aint winning this arguement.

1. Step your gear up or
2. Use what you have without bitching or
3. Step out of the game.

There is no choice 4.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Take all this as friendly advice.
jprime 6:15 PM - 4 October, 2013
i bought an AppleII computer in 1988 and now I have to upgrade to a macbook pro to play the new Zork game?

FML.
al83 6:52 PM - 4 October, 2013
first world problems eh
DjCity 7:07 PM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
our profit margins are very low.

Speak for yourself as my profit margins are pretty Damn good and I expect them to get better!
Joee 7:24 PM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
our profit margins are very low.

Speak for yourself as my profit margins are pretty Damn good and I expect them to get better!

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!

we gig often, how many gigs do we have to do before all our gear payed for itself?? my gear been payed off an continues to make me money

so looking at the big picture it doesn't matter if something cost $100 or $1,000 it all payes for it self

for a working dj that is!
pdidy 11:13 PM - 4 October, 2013
WOW, you guys are funny as hell. Apparently DJ Louie7 had absolutely no clue how badly he and his entire crew was doing financially as a djs. So thanks to all the enlightenment given by all the knowledgeable serato forum members, Dude now needs to be monitored when in the vicinity of sharp objects.....lol
Joee 11:20 PM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
WOW, you guys are funny as hell. Apparently DJ Louie7 had absolutely no clue how badly he and his entire crew was doing financially as a djs. So thanks to all the enlightenment given by all the knowledgeable serato forum members, Dude now needs to be monitored when in the vicinity of sharp objects.....lol

lol.......na man we tried to resin with the dude get him to look at the bigger picture & advise him, but all he does is cry & complain how we just don't understand his pain

i understan that he needs to pull the string from his tampon & man up already
Joee 11:23 PM - 4 October, 2013
^ we all have wives/girls/kids we all pay rent/mortgage/car notes, and we still invest in our business
pdidy 11:31 PM - 4 October, 2013
dude is taken a serious images.huffingtonpost.com smh
FabulousFrequencies 11:44 PM - 4 October, 2013
Sadly, I don't think they've even begun to go hard on him.. LOL. I feel kinda bad watchin him get ambushed, but like some of these here records say on the label.. 'these are the breaks'.
FabulousFrequencies 11:44 PM - 4 October, 2013
Sadly, I don't think they've even begun to go hard on him.. LOL. I feel kinda bad watchin him get ambushed, but like some of these here records say on the label.. 'these are the breaks'.
Joee 11:51 PM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:

lmao....... he asked for it......weeeeehhhhh i been using sl1 for 9 years and now i have to buy sl2 weeehhhhh

weeeeehhhh= crying
forty 6:16 AM - 5 October, 2013
This has been a rather entertaining thread.

9 years.... Hmmmm....

I paid for my SL3 upgrade a few years ago with 3 gigs. So, probably 2 weeks.

Interesting....
Maskrider 1:35 PM - 5 October, 2013
I wonder how much he charge for a gig probably close to nothing.....lol
DjFuentes82 8:07 PM - 5 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Like I said , you're a MORON. I've been DJing since you were itching in your DADDY's pants.

Apparently all those years have gone to waste for ya.
I believe theres a japanese (apologize if its not japanese) saying that goes something like this:
"Its better to spend 10 years looking for the right teacher, than spend 10 years training with the wrong one"
In other words whatever you're doing as far as DJing is concerned, is about time to change it. I hope you're not one of those Djs charging next to nothing just to score some gigs.
Ragman 9:32 PM - 5 October, 2013
This has got to be the dumbest dam thread on the forum, or def in the top 10. What I can't understand is why people are engaging a spoil brat complaining about something that don't make any dam sense.
Maskrider 11:59 PM - 5 October, 2013
Every once in awhile we need a comic relief.
Ragman 12:04 AM - 6 October, 2013
Ok, yeah good point.
Mark Quest 7:53 AM - 6 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

lmao....... he asked for it......weeeeehhhhh i been using sl1 for 9 years and now i have to buy sl2 weeehhhhh

weeeeehhhh= crying

that sounds like Cartman when you say it out loud haha that's sick
Dj Wunder 10:06 AM - 6 October, 2013
I just made enough to replace an SL1 in the time it took to Stop Tracking this thread
DJ Louie7 1:50 AM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
^ i have a vci 380 --> [IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG] ,i love the thing to the point that i don't even want to carry turntables no more

got me thinking back on topic about the hole starting over, your remember back in the day when we used to hit the record store every week sometime twice a week, i swear i never left without spending less than $60 to $80 every time DJ Louie7 must have been crying every time he had to buy records.........lol, god forbid he had to buy doubles too juggle

today with serato spend less money on music with the digital age, so serato evens out you spend some money now and spend less later

and something tells me he is file sharing left and right

F.U. ASS*^&%. I would spend 150-200 on records. Stop that B.S Bitch. We are the one that started this Shit !
DJ Louie7 1:51 AM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

weeeeehhhh= crying

FU too Assmunch. I bet your mommy is paying for your cell phone.
DJ Louie7 1:55 AM - 7 October, 2013
Para el resto, vayasen para la puneta Cabrones. Todo son pendejos.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:03 AM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
F.U. ASS*^&%. I would spend 150-200 on records. Stop that B.S Bitch. We are the one that started this Shit !

Then you need to need to take that money you used to spend on records and by a SL2
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:07 AM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:

How about you just go away, and stop acting like a little kid.
DJ Louie7 3:35 AM - 7 October, 2013
GREETINGS TO ALL ! SOMEHOW, SOMEONE (I JUST FOUND OUT WHO IT WAS), GOT MY PASSWORD FOR THE SERATO SITE. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS DISCUSSION THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON. I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS GUY (ONLY 15 YEARS OLD BY THE WAY), AND HE WILL BE DEALT WITH BY HIS ALREADY PISSED OFF PARENTS.

I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS FORUM FOR A BIT AND I'M STILL WONDERING HOW HE GOT MY PASSWORD. BELIEWVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT I GOING TO BE DEALING WITH THIS GUY AND HIS PARENTS. THIS IS SO DISRESPECTFUL NOT ONLY TO ME BUT TO ALL OF YOU IN THIS INDUSTRY NOT TO MENTION THIS FORUM. I HAVE ALREADT HAVE TAKEN ACTION AND HAVE CHANGED MY PASSWORD.

ONCE AGAIN MY APOLOGIES TO ALL.

MY APOLOGIES AND BEST REGARDS TO ALL.
FabulousFrequencies 3:50 AM - 7 October, 2013
Cool story, Bro..
nik39 9:29 AM - 7 October, 2013
Ryte ;)
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:22 AM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
Cool story, Bro..

Quote:
Ryte ;)

Yeah uh huh
Joee 11:56 AM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:

he just told us all go to hell @ssholes & we are all punks........lol

you notice how he took his avatar down.......lol......what a lame

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

weeeeehhhh= crying

FU too Assmunch. I bet your mommy is paying for your cell phone.

actually my mother bought me my first 1200 24 years ago $375 new

now i buy my own gear pay my own mortgage/car note/phone/bills/credit cards/etc. and i do it al without crying about it ,so you used to spend $150 to $200 on records how often did you go to the record store once a year?

your a lame no wonder you don't make any money at djing you no one books you cause you suck at it i bet you still play ice ice baby..have fun with the four gigs you get in a year

coming in here crying talking sh!t to everybody & now it wasn't you get the fu@k outta here

mann your making jersey dj's look bad son images.huffingtonpost.com
XCAKID 1:57 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
this is the problem with dj's these days. back in the day there was cost barrier to entry to be a dj. now, if you have a few hundred bucks you're in the big show.

dj'ing costs money. if not for your equipment, its for the music you play. you think you can buy a piece of audio equipment and expect that you'll never have to upgrade? serato is amazing at having supported the sl1 and 57 for so long. both of those pieces of equipment have been discontinued YEARS ago.

if you are still rocking a 57 and sl1 and are complaining of not getting new updates after 2015...you are maaad cheap.

and it's not like a switch is going to flipped on january 1 2015. you can continue to use your sl1, scratch live 1.1 and windows xp til you're old and grey.

^^^ This

C'mon guys.
1 gig a month covers my record and video pools, monthly soundcloud, monthly vimeo and monthly website fees. And I only gig out at bars and clubs which is peanuts compared to what some mobile guys make. I did a NYE that paid for 80% for my DDJ-SX.

Up your game in charging. If your "clients" can't afford it, you are targeting the wrong clients or are afraid to ask for the money and lacking in sales skills.
DjCity 2:22 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
GREETINGS TO ALL ! SOMEHOW, SOMEONE (I JUST FOUND OUT WHO IT WAS), GOT MY PASSWORD FOR THE SERATO SITE. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS DISCUSSION THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON. I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS GUY (ONLY 15 YEARS OLD BY THE WAY), AND HE WILL BE DEALT WITH BY HIS ALREADY PISSED OFF PARENTS.

I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS FORUM FOR A BIT AND I'M STILL WONDERING HOW HE GOT MY PASSWORD. BELIEWVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT I GOING TO BE DEALING WITH THIS GUY AND HIS PARENTS. THIS IS SO DISRESPECTFUL NOT ONLY TO ME BUT TO ALL OF YOU IN THIS INDUSTRY NOT TO MENTION THIS FORUM. I HAVE ALREADT HAVE TAKEN ACTION AND HAVE CHANGED MY PASSWORD.

It would have been better to just admit you were wrong.
Even if you did not want to say you were wrong, at least you could have said you disagree with what we have been saying but you understand the points made in this thread.

To now say that it was not you that argued up and down in this thread is just plain stupid. There is not a single one of us that's going to believe that because it makes no sense and judging from the original post and the follow up posts... It was YOU! Not some dumb ass kid that hacked your account. There is no reason for anyone to say the bullshit in this thread unless that's how they really felt. No reason for a 15 year old kid to post about a serato upgrade and the lack of support for an sl1 that's almost as old as he would be.

Louie7
Just man up!
We will still help you if you need help with serato or your serato gear, we just ain't having the bullshit!

On second thought, it might be better for you to just abandon the name Louie7 and start over pretending to be someone else with a new account and a new name.
Either that or simply man up, admit it was YOU that posted all this bullshit.
Admit you learned a valuable lesson and go on from there.
I think you could get maaaaad respect if you were to do that.
We all make mistakes but only true MEN have the balls and integrity to admit their mistakes and learn from them.
I think YOU could be THAT man Louie7.
Show us all that you are a True man!
Admit it was you and put all this bullshit behind you.
MAN UP Louie7!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
DjFuentes82 4:41 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:

Come on guys..... Now it makes more sense....
Only a 15 year old would complain about upgrading their equipment. Lol
DjCity 5:56 PM - 7 October, 2013
Louie7

I will say it again.

It would have been better to just admit you were wrong. Even if you did not want to say you were wrong, at least you could have said you disagree with what we have been saying but you understand the points made in this thread. To now say that it was not you that argued up and down in this thread is just plain stupid. There is not a single one of us that's going to believe that because it makes no sense and judging from the original post and the follow up posts... It was YOU! Not some dumb ass kid that hacked your account. There is no reason for anyone to say all the bullshit in this thread unless that's how they really felt. No reason for a 15 year old kid to post about a serato upgrade and the lack of support for an sl1 that's almost as old as he would be.
Louie7Just man up! We will still help you if you need help with serato or your serato gear, we just ain't having the bullshit!
On second thought, it might be better for you to just abandon the name Louie7 and start over pretending to be someone else with a new account and a new name. Either that or simply man up, admit it was YOU that posted all this bullshit.
We all make mistakes but only true MEN have the balls and integrity to admit their mistakes and learn from them.
I think YOU could be THAT man Louie7. Show us all that you are a True man!
Admit it was you and put all this bullshit behind you. MAN UP Louie7! YOU CAN DO IT!!
Joee 6:06 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
Louie7

I will say it again.

It would have been better to just admit you were wrong. Even if you did not want to say you were wrong, at least you could have said you disagree with what we have been saying but you understand the points made in this thread. To now say that it was not you that argued up and down in this thread is just plain stupid. There is not a single one of us that's going to believe that because it makes no sense and judging from the original post and the follow up posts... It was YOU! Not some dumb ass kid that hacked your account. There is no reason for anyone to say all the bullshit in this thread unless that's how they really felt. No reason for a 15 year old kid to post about a serato upgrade and the lack of support for an sl1 that's almost as old as he would be.
Louie7Just man up! We will still help you if you need help with serato or your serato gear, we just ain't having the bullshit!
On second thought, it might be better for you to just abandon the name Louie7 and start over pretending to be someone else with a new account and a new name. Either that or simply man up, admit it was YOU that posted all this bullshit.
I think YOU could be THAT man Louie7. Show us all that you are a True man!
Admit it was you and put all this bullshit behind you. MAN UP Louie7! YOU CAN DO IT!!

this right here man up & we all would put it behind us and still help and advise when ever
posable

wait i here it now

they what me to man up---> www.mymodernmet.com
nik39 7:11 PM - 7 October, 2013
Dead horse?
Ragman 4:16 AM - 8 October, 2013
Yep, pretty much Nik.
al83 8:42 PM - 8 October, 2013
haha, classic internet lolz here, brilliant stuff, make this a sticky please, one to remember!
Maskrider 10:42 PM - 8 October, 2013
This is Classic....lol
mere 11:00 PM - 8 October, 2013
the spelling & grammar in this thread makes my head hurt
DjCity 2:34 AM - 16 October, 2013
I just re read this whole thread (im bored).

This was some funny shit!

I hope he comes back though.

Louie7....
Where are you. ..

Loooooouie...
deejdave 2:40 AM - 16 October, 2013
I heard he got arrested for beating up the 15 year old inner child within himself. No for realz tho he deactivated his account as it is no longer clickable.
Ragman 3:46 AM - 16 October, 2013
He'll be back under another alias.
deejdave 3:49 AM - 16 October, 2013
I know................ it's killing e. I DID check his username prior to him deactivating it and NO other accounts were linked eg soundcloud, facebook etc. to find out who he is. I really wanna know when he comes back & what he has to say. Expect a new, old school, sour, & surprisingly NICE person at first................ I would think at least. LOL probably reading into this way too much and getting way to excited over it LOL whatever. I'm having GREAT day so if this the worst I am gonna do SO BE IT!!
FabulousFrequencies 3:50 AM - 16 October, 2013
Quote:

I sure hope so.. for once I felt like I wasn't the only asshole around here.
deejdave 3:51 AM - 16 October, 2013
hahahahaha

I get it some days too. DON'T YOU EVER have an opinion that doesn't match up with EVERY user here or suffer the consequences!!
Ragman 3:54 AM - 16 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I sure hope so.. for once I felt like I wasn't the only asshole around here.

Sweet! LOL
Ragman 3:57 AM - 16 October, 2013
Quote:
hahahahaha

I get it some days too. DON'T YOU EVER have an opinion that doesn't match up with EVERY user here or suffer the consequences!!

Mos def. Especially if you've been on this board for a while. It's what makes us all unique DJs. But this particular post took the cake. I've never seen a dude go out like that. To frickn funny.
Mark Quest 5:44 AM - 16 October, 2013
hahaha the old "someone stole my password & used it to set me up"

You are a fucking JOKE Louie7.

The writing style in all your posts, including the last 'real' message, is ALL THE SAME.
You are new to this internet shit, aren't ya? It's really obvious.
Mark Quest 5:49 AM - 16 October, 2013
Quote:

you are SO full of shit.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:13 AM - 21 October, 2013