Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Getting BSOD and program crashes - some randomly

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
texmexxx 7:07 PM - 21 August, 2013

Hi, I just installed Serato DJ 1.3 and I'm getting BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) when I try to activate Wolf Pack. Also program crashes. BSOD/program crash is also happening at random times. I am running Windows 8 on an i5 with 8 gigs ram (Sony Vaio Duo 11). I updated the twitch driver to 2.5. The other issue I have is that the program is rendering controls and fonts too small on my screen. My 11.6" screen is running at 1920x1080. Thanks in advance.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:46 AM - 30 September, 2013
It sounds like you are having CPU and/or GPU issues causing the BSOD. Could you take a look at Task Manager to see what might be causing strain in this area.

Scaling your resolution down a couple of steps will help with your small text issue.

Cheers
texmexxx 4:50 AM - 30 September, 2013
It only happens when I start Serato DJ. It does not matter if I restart my computer. There is nothing in my task manager that would indicate strain. Serato DJ reports low usage - My computer is I5 with 8 Gigs Ram. It runs Traktor, Maschine, Ableton 9, Itch and Scratch Live without hiccups. This behavior only started when I installed Serato DJ. I tried using it at 1366x768 - no change in crashes. Either Novation has to update its drivers or Serato DJ still has bugs that have to be worked out. Finally, windows laptops are coming out in higher resolutions. Serato should add bigger fonts and graphics for these resolutions. I am a full time DJ (8+ years) and I need a setup that is reliable. I have been very satisfied using Serato products up to now. Presently I cannot use Serato DJ for work.
dj james arundel 12:41 AM - 16 May, 2014
similar problem with me

asus g750jw .... win 8 ...i7... 32gb ram serato dj ... djj sx

windows BSOD randomly happens after 15mins of play

not happy cant relay on it 1500 euro wasted summer spoiled unless i change programme :P

you guys been great up till now :/

re

serato.com