DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

JBL PRX700 or RCF ART 3 Series

Joee 8:14 PM - 1 August, 2013
so i've come to a come to a sort of cross roads here, as much as i love my ev zxa1/zxa1 sub small events system i just sold it, i was all ready to buy the RCF312A/SUB 705 AS combo to be my new small system

fast forward a few hours & the new jbl prx700 series is out, so now what to do? do i buy the proven rcf system or do i take a chance and buy the new prx700 system
PRX715XLF/PRX712???????

RCF
---> www.rcf.it
---> www.rcf.it
JBL
---> www.jblpro.com
---> www.jblpro.com

i'm leaning tords the rcf system simply cause i know what i'll be getting, but damm what to do what to do??????????????????????????????????????????????
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:32 PM - 1 August, 2013
Joee...where you located? I may be looking to get rid of my RCF312 and Sub718 to step up to some ZXA5s...may make your decision a little easier?
Joee 8:34 PM - 1 August, 2013
pa.
JDforKing 9:11 PM - 1 August, 2013
Quote:
so i've come to a come to a sort of cross roads here, as much as i love my ev zxa1/zxa1 sub small events system i just sold it, i was all ready to buy the RCF312A/SUB 705 AS combo to be my new small system

fast forward a few hours & the new jbl prx700 series is out, so now what to do? do i buy the proven rcf system or do i take a chance and buy the new prx700 system
PRX715XLF/PRX712???????

RCF
---> www.rcf.it
---> www.rcf.it
JBL
---> www.jblpro.com
---> www.jblpro.com

i'm leaning tords the rcf system simply cause i know what i'll be getting, but damm what to do what to do??????????????????????????????????????????????

Joe you already got rid of your zxa1 zxa1 sub combo. You steered me in that direction. Is there something i need to know? lol
the_black_one 9:22 PM - 1 August, 2013
you guys talk about speakers like hookers!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

NM NH
Joee 9:26 PM - 1 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

PRX715XLF/PRX712???????

RCF
---> www.rcf.it
---> www.rcf.it
JBL
---> www.jblpro.com
---> www.jblpro.com

Joe you already got rid of your zxa1 zxa1 sub combo. You steered me in that direction. Is there something i need to know? lol

lol........no there is nothing you need to know, trust me i love the zxa1/zxa1 sub combo, i just could not pass up the price i got for the system, if i want i can buy it again with what i got
DJ GaFFle 10:23 PM - 1 August, 2013
Tough call here... I'm not sure what route I'd recommend considering those models.

I'd say you should also consider the PRX735's. They're 77 lbs each but you won't need a sub. The PRX735's have deeper bass than the ZXa5's; they just don't get as loud overall but the 635's did sound pretty good so I'm guessing the 735's are pretty much the same or better (just more reliable). Just something to think about.
Joee 10:33 PM - 1 August, 2013
^^ i'm pulling my hair out over here.........lol, i was like i'll get the rcf 312a nice upgrade from ev zxa1......and bammmm i see the prx700

why did i sell my speakers........lol

i know the 3 way would be a good choice,but i think it's bigger than i want, i already have my big boy system i want to keep it small, i don't even know if the jbl is on the market yet so i my buy rcf after all
Joee 11:21 PM - 1 August, 2013
Quote:

Quote:

did you use the zxa setup for you wedding? how was it?
DJ GaFFle 2:11 AM - 2 August, 2013
You want to do a crap shoot with some new Mackie SRM's?
www.sweetwater.com

LoL...
DJ GaFFle 2:11 AM - 2 August, 2013
They 1-upped JBL with an extra 100Watts, SMH.
Joee 3:12 PM - 2 August, 2013
so i woke up today thinking, since i want this as my small events "micro system" why not just pick the jbl prx715xlf 56lbs & the rcf art 312a 38lbs hell maybe even the art 310a 27lbs

the lighter sub & top cabs, who care about a matching system, i think it's a good compromise & upgrade from the zxa1/zxa1 sub

i'm still thinking about it, but looks like the winner is
www.rcf.it or www.rcf.it

&
www.jblpro.com
JDforKing 3:33 PM - 2 August, 2013
Quote:
so i woke up today thinking, since i want this as my small events "micro system" why not just pick the jbl prx715xlf 56lbs & the rcf art 312a 38lbs hell maybe even the art 310a 27lbs

the lighter sub & top cabs, who care about a matching system, i think it's a good compromise & upgrade from the zxa1/zxa1 sub

www.rcf.it or www.rcf.it

&
www.jblpro.com

You would be better off going with a pair of yamaha dxr8s or 10s instead of the rcfs. They definitely look better and sound just a good and have a 7 year warranty.
Joee 3:51 PM - 2 August, 2013
really? you think the dxr's sound better than rcf? i want to step up from what i had 8 inches is out the question, if i was going to get 8's i would have never sold my zxa1/zxa1 sub

in order to justify me selling a setup that love it has to be to upgrade, 8 to 10's or 12's & 12's to 15's
Joee 12:06 AM - 3 August, 2013
so i got a price of $1,900 shipped for the rcf system
RCF
---> www.rcf.it
---> www.rcf.it

not the best but still a good deal
the_black_one 12:13 AM - 3 August, 2013
links just take you to RCF home page so link fail...

NM NH
Joee 12:21 AM - 3 August, 2013
^^ that would be 2 art 312a's & one sub 705 as for $1,900 shipped
DJ GaFFle 1:52 PM - 3 August, 2013
Hold the horses...

If you're looking for light and compact, I will tell you that the RCF 312A's are not a walk in the park. They have very convenient handles on the sides and on the top but they're not super light weight and have some heft and size to them. Consider getting the RCF310A's and your 15" sub. The sound will be more balanced because that single 15" sub isn't gonna do a whole ton of booming and a 12" can somewhat keep up with it. If you have a 10" and a 15", the balance of bass to highs will probably sound more appropriate.
Joee 1:56 PM - 3 August, 2013
Quote:
Hold the horses...

If you're looking for light and compact, I will tell you that the RCF 312A's are not a walk in the park. They have very convenient handles on the sides and on the top but they're not super light weight and have some heft and size to them. Consider getting the RCF310A's and your 15" sub. The sound will be more balanced because that single 15" sub isn't gonna do a whole ton of booming and a 12" can somewhat keep up with it. If you have a 10" and a 15", the balance of bass to highs will probably sound more appropriate.

that's what i'm looking at prx715xlf/310a a step up from my old small system
Joee 2:03 PM - 3 August, 2013
^^
Quote:

www.rcf.it or www.rcf.it

&
www.jblpro.com
Joee 8:24 PM - 8 August, 2013
i just got a price of $1,800 for two rcf 312a's & one rcf sub 705as, man what to do what to do???????????

that a good price if the prx700 series doesn't good to me i will be buying rcf
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:48 PM - 8 August, 2013
What is everyone's guess in terms of output of the new PRX7 series?

Does anyone think the PRX715 will compete with the EV zxa5 or more along the lines of yamaha DSR and EV ELX?
Joee 8:55 PM - 8 August, 2013
^^ going buy the past version of prx, i don't think it will compete with the zxa5, i'd say better than the elx, there saying " FOR EASY PORTABILITY "

so i'd say there competing with qsc witch seem to be the standard for portable sound
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:16 PM - 8 August, 2013
Seems about right.

Specs arent too far off from the 600 series. Maybe Ill wait to hear them proir to pulling the trigger on the ZXA5s
the_black_one 9:22 PM - 8 August, 2013
Pull the trigger!!!!!

NM NH
Joee 9:32 PM - 8 August, 2013
Quote:
Pull the trigger!!!!!

NM NH

what he said you won't be sorry!!!!!!!
Joee 9:59 PM - 8 August, 2013
just got off the phone with the dealer that gave me the $1,800 price on the 3 rcf's, he is a friend of a friend

i told him a was thinking between the rcf and new jbl prx700, he told me the new high end jbl stuff is shipping from china

don't know if this is true, but if it is rcf is looking even better now
djaction 2:15 PM - 9 August, 2013
^shipping from china shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

do you use a mac? wanna take a guess where it is made?
DJ GaFFle 3:05 PM - 9 August, 2013
My last PRX635 was made in Mexico and besides the thermal issues, the midrange of one of the units came out the box with loose, disconnected leads. Let's see if they have more stringent quality control in the Peoples Republic...(nm)
djaction 3:21 PM - 9 August, 2013
I trust Mexican or Chinese workers 10000000000x more than i'd trust someone in the u.s. getting paid minimum wage on an assembly line. Us Americans are fucking as lazy as it gets.
DJ GaFFle 3:26 PM - 9 August, 2013
Quote:
I trust Mexican or Chinese workers 10000000000x more than i'd trust someone in the u.s. getting paid minimum wage on an assembly line. Us Americans are fucking as lazy as it gets.

What country do you live in?
djaction 3:56 PM - 9 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

What country do you live in?

NYC, U.S.A.

Perfect example.. American cars vs imports.. obviously SOME u.s. manufacturers have started turning things around. But think of the stigma of how 'poorly' made u.s. cars are.. and why is that?
DJ GaFFle 4:13 PM - 9 August, 2013
I won't debate the car thing but Americas car's quality has improved greatly and they are very competitive now... just know, you don't want all of America's jobs going abroad. Your and your kid's future could prove bleek as a result.

FTR... I don't trust Chinese made products over American. Apple is one of the exceptions but would you want to fly on an airliner who's internals are Chinese (metal, wiring, electronic systems, etc.)? How about entrusting our military weaponry with vital Chinese made parts? Nope... not me. (nm)
djaction 4:23 PM - 9 August, 2013
^I'd bet money you use a Chinese Macbook (like the majority of this forum) :D
djaction 4:23 PM - 9 August, 2013
and yes i know chinese stuff is usually crap.. however NOT all of it is. and certainly Mexican made stuff is NOT crap.

my only point is.. country of origin should be be something to rule a speaker out by. especially when you consider how lazy most americans are.
Joee 11:44 PM - 9 August, 2013
^^ my favorite speaker is made by lazy americans----> www.electrovoice.com

one of the Best speakers around,it can't be touched by any speaker in it's price range, man i wonder what ev would have made if there weren't so lazy........it would have been super duper amazing
Joee 11:17 PM - 13 August, 2013
so i just got back from the dj expo, the price they gave me was so good i had to get the rcf's
got two art 312a @ $385 each & one sub 705 as @ $769

for a total of $1539 drop shipped to my door

i started to get these @ $500 each--------> shop.chucklevins.com

i'm happy with my purchase :)
Papa Midnight 12:07 AM - 14 August, 2013
Quote:
---> www.jblpro.com

Explains why the prices on the 600's dropped like a brick.
Joee 9:55 PM - 28 August, 2013
312a's came in today, i have to say i'm very happy with my choice, still waiting on the sub705as it's on backorder

but the 12's are a Great sounding box, i just might turn into a rcf convert

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
DJ GaFFle 11:32 PM - 28 August, 2013
How do you allocate your speakers? What speakers are usually used for what?
Joee 11:51 PM - 28 August, 2013
the zxa1/zxa1 sub was for wedding & small events but soon it will be two 312a's and one sub 705 as

zxa5's for events where i want some bump but don't want to carry subs i'll add vrx918p's when i want to use the bigboy rig

the elx's are general purpose 115p/112p/18p

i'm really digin the sound of these rcf's i think i will buy another 705, for two 312a & two 705's
pdidy 3:27 AM - 29 August, 2013
gear whore
pdidy 3:34 AM - 29 August, 2013
An before you say it, im a recovered addict. I've even begun reducing my systems. (yorkville only) ;)
pdidy 3:47 AM - 29 August, 2013
Quote:

I suspect in time you will trim down this EV stash now that you have the rcf tops and subs.
Joee 1:58 PM - 29 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I suspect in time you will trim down this EV stash now that you have the rcf tops and subs.

your right elx's may be on the way out, in favor of some more rcf's, i love the sound of the box
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:01 PM - 29 August, 2013
How do you compare the RCF's with your ZXAs? Curious since I have the 312s and looking to get the ZXAs at some point.
Joee 2:40 PM - 29 August, 2013
i like the rcf better than the zxa1, now as for the zxa5 the two do Not compare x5 is in a different league you just can not compare the two, if you what to compare a rcf to a zxa5 it would have to be a ART 725-A MK II-----> www.rcf.it
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:51 PM - 29 August, 2013
I figured that would be your response, but I was curious since you had both now. I think the RCF 725 would comnpare, but from that comparison analysis that Gaffle posted, looks like the ZXA still gives more volume than the RCF (and all others tested as well).
Joee 2:56 PM - 29 August, 2013
^^ yes it does, i will say this i have to do some more listening, but i think i prefer the sound of the rcf AT LOW volumes over the zxa5

but turn it up and the ev walks all over the rcf
Joee 4:21 PM - 31 August, 2013
[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]

so i did some testing yesterday and more this morning, i'm happy with the decision to sell my zxa1/zxa1sub setup, i did lose that portability/light weight factor but i did gain

output
headroom
BASS
JDforKing 4:09 AM - 1 September, 2013
How does that sub compare to 2 zxa1 subs
Joee 8:07 PM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:
How does that sub compare to 2 zxa1 subs

i doesn't i used a ipod turned it all the way up, put the rcf at 12 oclock had the sub in my basement

i walked up to my second floor i could feel the bass in my hallway ,i have a 1400 square foot house
Joee 5:21 PM - 13 September, 2013
i just got my second rcf sub 705-as, these thing sound pretty sweet in pairs, i always heard bad thing about bandpass boxes

but i must say i like the sound ,they have a deep hard hitting punchy & loud bass

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
Certified Quality Entertainment 5:52 PM - 13 September, 2013
that was quick. Didn't take you long to get the 2nd one.
Joee 5:54 PM - 13 September, 2013
Quote:
that was quick. Didn't take you long to get the 2nd one.

me likey the sound of these speakers, i will be getting more
Certified Quality Entertainment 6:44 PM - 13 September, 2013
That's my dilemma.

I have 2 of the 312 and 2 718 subs. I was debating getting 2 ZXA5's and a pair of LS801 or get a pair of 722 or 725 RCFs and another 1 or 2 718 subs.

Cost wise out of pocket it will be more expensive for the ZXA and york but I will then have stuff to sell to help off set that. Plus the Yorks are hard to move, but the ZXAs sound good without a sub for small parties so i'm torn!! lol

Then i was thinkin of just doing the ZXA's with the RCF subs for a bit...then a few months later grab the york...what to do!! lol
the_black_one 6:49 PM - 13 September, 2013
York subs all day

NM NH
the_black_one 6:50 PM - 13 September, 2013
Bass the foundation of a sound system... Get that right and the tops will come later.

NM NH
Joee 6:50 PM - 13 September, 2013
Quote:

Then i was thinkin of just doing the ZXA's with the RCF subs for a bit...then a few months later grab the york...what to do!! lol

this
Joee 6:57 PM - 13 September, 2013
Quote:
Bass the foundation of a sound system... Get that right and the tops will come later.

NM NH

he has bass two sub 718-as, two zxa5's will sound good, granted the bass my not be as loud as the zxa5, but i think it will pair up nice he can add another 718 later

that said why do you want a pair of zxa5's? do you need more SPL, cause i have to say i'm pretty happy with two 312's & two sub 705-as, you have sub 718's

your rcf system sounds better than mine!
the_black_one 6:59 PM - 13 September, 2013
How many of the rcf subs will he need to keep up with the Zxa5???

That's a question that he needs to ask himself
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:08 PM - 13 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

NM NH

he has bass two sub 718-as, two zxa5's will sound good, granted the bass my not be as loud as the zxa5, but i think it will pair up nice he can add another 718 later

that said why do you want a pair of zxa5's? do you need more SPL, cause i have to say i'm pretty happy with two 312's & two sub 705-as, you have sub 718's

your rcf system sounds better than mine!

I've noticed at a few of my past parties that I def could need a little more SPL. And I've been starting to do work in some bigger halls that could warrant a little more volume.

Granted, I haven't had any issues , but I WANT to upgrade! lol Do I need to, no other than wanting to play a little louder at times. I can certainly get by with what I have though.

From what others say about the ZXA5s, my guess is I would need about 6-8 RCF subs to keep up nicely with 2 ZXAs. Thats another $4800 just in subs.
Papa Midnight 4:30 AM - 17 September, 2013
Damn, GC has the PRX618S-XLF now for $649.99 (and falling fast on Clearance). The dark side of the force is strong...
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:31 PM - 17 September, 2013
Wow, that's a great price!
Joee 1:33 PM - 17 September, 2013
i sill think id rather go for the newer 700 series, on the rcf note i'm loving these things 312a/705-as
Papa Midnight 2:08 PM - 17 September, 2013
Quote:
i sill think id rather go for the newer 700 series

After testing out the 718 myself, I don't disagree... but that price lol
Joee 2:12 PM - 17 September, 2013
^ i'm still waiting to hear the 715-xlf
Papa Midnight 3:23 PM - 17 September, 2013
That makes two of us. I can't find anywhere with it in stock.
caliguy 11:17 PM - 24 September, 2013
Quote:

They are supossed to be released today, but I received my stock early last Friday here in LA. Unfortunately Im almost sold out. Only a few left before I restock.

Quote:
^^ going buy the past version of prx, i don't think it will compete with the zxa5, i'd say better than the elx, there saying " FOR EASY PORTABILITY "

so i'd say there competing with qsc witch seem to be the standard for portable sound

I hold the sound of the Electro-Voice ZLX to be, better than the ZX or ELX series, way better than the QSC K or KW series. Not to mention their ridiculously low price, their light weight, and size. Definitely the best portable setup, meaning, I can do it myself without breaking my back or my bank account.

EV has the best sounding tops, I dont care what speaker you put them against. EV has the industry's best horns, and horns are what give your tops the vocal clarity and crispiness as well as makes your bass sound more accurate.

Props to JBL, the PRX 700 series really upped their game in terms of clarity and fidelity on the tops. They are almost as crispy sounding as the Electro-Voice ZLX but of coarse at much higher power. The PRX712 are really really nice.

As far as tops and bottoms, theres definitely nothing wrong with mixing and matching. Get the best of both worlds.

And if compact winning systems are what your looking for I highly recommend the ZLX for the top where clarity is most important and PRX715XLF as its the most powerful compact hard hitting sub, OR keep your ZXA1 for the tops and get a the PRX715XLF as a sub.
Joee 12:26 AM - 25 September, 2013
Quote:

I hold the sound of the Electro-Voice ZLX to be, better than the ZX

this right here is crazy i may be the biggest ev in this forum, you cant tell me that the zlx12p sounds better than the zx3 a passive 12 box

as far as the zlx15p vs the zxa5, one zxa5 will sound better than three zlx15p
Papa Midnight 12:28 AM - 25 September, 2013
Quote:

Quote:

They are supossed to be released today, but I received my stock early last Friday here in LA. Unfortunately Im almost sold out. Only a few left before I restock.

How'd it sound?
DJ VT 4:48 AM - 25 September, 2013
Has anyone heard the new JBL PRX 715XLFs? I am currently running 2 KW 152s(going to new PRX715S) with a JBL PRX618XLF sub. I am going to 2 subs. Debating on 2 715XLFs and 2 718XLFs. I REALLY like the low end of the 618 but considering the 715s for its smaller size and easier transport, but don't want to give up much low end to do so. Any input from first hand experience is greatly appreciated. THANKS...
pdidy 6:24 AM - 25 September, 2013
I recommend you keep what you have and just add a sub or 2. Improvements will be minimal at best and likely not worth it. Unless of course you you have money to blow and nothing better to invest it in.
DJ VT 3:50 PM - 25 September, 2013
Will DEFINITELY be moving to 2 subs. Was considering the 715XLF mainly for the 25lb savings in weight. But would only go that route if there was not a BIG difference in 2 715s vs 2 718s. I know there will be some, but want to still have that body punching bass. Thanks for your recommendation as it is what I was also considering...
caliguy 4:26 AM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How'd it sound?

Quote:
Has anyone heard the new JBL PRX 715XLFs?

Quote:
I REALLY like the low end of the 618 but considering the 715s for its smaller size and easier transport, but don't want to give up much low end to do so. Any input from first hand experience is greatly appreciated. THANKS...

Only an 18 can give you that "18" sound, however you wont be disappointed with the 15 !

Whats the difference between the two you ask. They both have the same amount of power, they both produce the same amount of bass output, the only difference is the tone.
Just like theres a differnce in tone between a snare drum and a kick drum. A 15 is going to give you a punchier tighter bass tone. The 18 is going to be somewhat looser but lower in tone, not deeper...lower. They both produce really deep bass.

Make sense?

Quote:
as far as the zlx15p vs the zxa5, one zxa5 will sound better than three zlx15p

I respect your thoughts. I still own ZX series passive speakers, and they used to be my favorites, but the clarity and uniformity of the ZLX series is another spectrum above the ZX series. The ZXA5 might be more powerful at full output, but the ZLX have a clarity and crispiness that is just sweeter. The EV engineers did a great job on the ZLX.
Joee 12:13 PM - 28 September, 2013
Quote:

I respect your thoughts. I still own ZX series passive speakers, and they used to be my favorites, but the clarity and uniformity of the ZLX series is another spectrum above the ZX series. The ZXA5 might be more powerful at full output, but the ZLX have a clarity and crispiness that is just sweeter. The EV engineers did a great job on the ZLX.

what passive zx do you own? zx1 zx3 or zx5
DJ VT 5:53 PM - 29 September, 2013
Quote:
Has anyone heard the new JBL PRX 715XLFs?

Quote:
I REALLY like the low end of the 618 but considering the 715s for its smaller size and easier transport, but don't want to give up much low end to do so. Any input from first hand experience is greatly appreciated. THANKS...

Only an 18 can give you that "18" sound, however you wont be disappointed with the 15 !

Whats the difference between the two you ask. They both have the same amount of power, they both produce the same amount of bass output, the only difference is the tone.
Just like theres a differnce in tone between a snare drum and a kick drum. A 15 is going to give you a punchier tighter bass tone. The 18 is going to be somewhat looser but lower in tone, not deeper...lower. They both produce really deep bass.

Make sense?

Makes plenty of sense and I totally understand that. Just looking for some input from someone that has actually heard the 2, or 3... If it's slight differences, I'm definitely going with the 715xlfs, and my back would really appreciate it.... And after this past weekend and hearing and paying attention to my cousin's 15" B52 sub, I am leaning even more towards the 715s.
DJ VT 6:03 PM - 29 September, 2013
Quote:
I recommend you keep what you have and just add a sub or 2. Improvements will be minimal at best and likely not worth it. Unless of course you you have money to blow and nothing better to invest it in.

The KW152s are already spoken for. As soon as they are gone will purchase the PRX715s, which will basically be an even swap and i then will have a MATCHING set. Therefore "money to blow" does not become an issue.... I think 2 715's and 2 715XLFs will be a pretty nice setup.
DJ GaFFle 6:36 PM - 29 September, 2013
Quote:
... I think 2 715's and 2 715XLFs will be a pretty nice setup.

Mmmm... kind of counter productive. At least have your sub drivers larger than those of your tops.

(nm)
JDforKing 6:38 PM - 29 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

The KW152s are already spoken for. As soon as they are gone will purchase the PRX715s, which will basically be an even swap and i then will have a MATCHING set. Therefore "money to blow" does not become an issue.... I think 2 715's and 2 715XLFs will be a pretty nice setup.

I'm thinking 2 710's or 712's will sound better with a pair of 715 xlfs.
DJ VT 7:24 PM - 29 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks... thought about this also. Was trying to go with the 715 top for when i did not absolutely NEED to carry a sub. But looks like i just may have to bite the bullet on one or the other... 2 712s and 2 715XLFs or 2 715s and 2 718XLFs... decisions decisions.....
Joee 7:59 PM - 29 September, 2013
seems like you looking for something portable, get the 12 tops & 15 subs the subs are light
DJ VT 8:07 PM - 29 September, 2013
Looking for portability. But also like the bigger sound. Even though I've been running the kw152s and a 618XLF for the last 2 years, I still think I'm going to go with the 12 tops and 15 subs. THANKS for all the input.
Joee 8:13 PM - 29 September, 2013
Quote:
Looking for portability. But also like the bigger sound. Even though I've been running the kw152s and a 618XLF for the last 2 years, I still think I'm going to go with the 12 tops and 15 subs. THANKS for all the input.

look into ev zxa5's, the most portable BIGEST sounding box out there www.electrovoice.com
caliguy 5:59 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

Of these, I still own the ZX1. These have a special place in my heart. They saved my gigs a few times. I can't seem to part with them, even though they are just collecting dust.
Joee 12:05 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Of these, I still own the ZX1. These have a special place in my heart. They saved my gigs a few times. I can't seem to part with them, even though they are just collecting dust.

you cant compare the zx1 to the zlx12 it's a 8 inch vs 12inch
caliguy 11:03 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

I'm not making that comparison. The ZX series is a great product. I like the Z L X that much more.
dj_soo 12:00 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks... thought about this also. Was trying to go with the 715 top for when i did not absolutely NEED to carry a sub. But looks like i just may have to bite the bullet on one or the other... 2 712s and 2 715XLFs or 2 715s and 2 718XLFs... decisions decisions.....

I have a similar setup (2 k12s and 2 15" yorkvilles) and it's a much more versatile setup and will get you better sound and volume in the long run. 2 12s is enough on their own for under 100 people and you can sometimes only bring 1 sub if the party is small enough.
Joee 12:58 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not making that comparison. The ZX series is a great product. I like the Z L X that much more.

the zxa1 is a great little speaker i've used it passive and active, the sound it puts out for it's size is great

but you saying that the zlx sounds better than the zx is just wrong you have to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges

if you would have ever heard the zxa3 a 12inch box you would see that it blows the zlx12 out of the water in every aspect

i agree the zxl12p sounds better than the zx1/zxa1
DJ VT 3:20 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have a similar setup (2 k12s and 2 15" yorkvilles) and it's a much more versatile setup and will get you better sound and volume in the long run. 2 12s is enough on their own for under 100 people and you can sometimes only bring 1 sub if the party is small enough.

Just ordered 2 PRX712s and 2 PRX715XLFs. I think and HOPE that i will be satisfied.(I think i will be..) Hopefully they will come in before the KW152s and JBL618 are picked up so i can get a true side by side comparison.
pdidy 3:40 AM - 3 October, 2013
I predict the KW152's will noticeably out preform the new PRX712.
The new 2 PRX715XLFs will easily out preform the 1 JBL618.

I suspect you will prefer the new system due to the lighter tops and better Bass.
pdidy 3:46 AM - 3 October, 2013
Btw , ive never heard the new PRX700 line so im just guessing...;)
DJ VT 4:14 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
I predict the KW152's will noticeably out preform the new PRX712.
The new 2 PRX715XLFs will easily out preform the 1 JBL618.

I suspect you will prefer the new system due to the lighter tops and better Bass.

I'm thinking the same.... Original plan was to go with 2 715s(or 735s) and 2 717XLFs, but back issues made me really rethink that setup. I have yet to hear them also, but liked the sound of the 600 series. (and the WEIGHT...)
dj_soo 8:45 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just ordered 2 PRX712s and 2 PRX715XLFs. I think and HOPE that i will be satisfied.(I think i will be..) Hopefully they will come in before the KW152s and JBL618 are picked up so i can get a true side by side comparison.

It's not going to compare - you're essentially downsizing. Will probably still sound good, but won't get the deep lows you'd get with the 18
DJ GaFFle 12:25 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
... but you saying that the zlx sounds better than the zx is just wrong you have to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges

if you would have ever heard the zxa3 a 12inch box you would see that it blows the zlx12 out of the water in every aspect...

The money $aved is clouding his view.
Joee 12:38 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
... but you saying that the zlx sounds better than the zx is just wrong you have to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges

if you would have ever heard the zxa3 a 12inch box you would see that it blows the zlx12 out of the water in every aspect...

i do agree that for $630 or even ($800 msp) there is not a better speaker on the market, the zlx is the best speaker money can buy in it's price point!

i spent some time with the zlx12p at home &i have to say it sounded way different than at the dj expo, it's a good sound box (for the money it's a amazing sounding box)

again you can not buy a better speaker for $330 my price, but to say it sounds better than the zx line is crazy you have to compare a zlx12p to a zx3
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 4:29 PM - 3 October, 2013
I recently sold my ev system. (QRX218 subs and ZX5 tops/passive) and bought the RCF HD 12-A and RCF SUB 8004-AS subs. I'm really happy with this system and IMHO sounds a lot better than the EV. My main gigs are weddings but occasionally I do high school events.
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 4:30 PM - 3 October, 2013
RCF is a bit pricy but you get what you pay for.
Joee 5:22 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
I recently sold my ev system. (QRX218 subs and ZX5 tops/passive) and bought the RCF HD 12-A and RCF SUB 8004-AS subs. I'm really happy with this system and IMHO sounds a lot better than the EV. My main gigs are weddings but occasionally I do high school events.

this right here is something you can help me with

i use zxa5's just a acctive zx5, i been thinking about the HD12-A i thought i gave it a listen but i was wrong, it turns out i was listening to a FD12-A

anyway the as you know the zxa5 gets really loud & has good bass, what was the difference between the zx5 & the hd12-a when being used alone no subs

i'm also looking at the HD32-A

thanks
pdidy 5:30 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:

The major benefit of the RCF system is size/weight/powered. If the RCF "sounds a lot better than the EV" I would question user error IMHO.
Joee 5:34 PM - 3 October, 2013
^ the sub 8004 is not light 112lbs

the hd12-a might not soub better, but what about this one--> www.rcf.it
the_black_one 6:15 PM - 3 October, 2013
Really ... Better than EV.... Come on son!!!!!

NM NH
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 6:16 PM - 3 October, 2013
The HD-12As sound great by themselves. In my opinion the clarity is superior than the ev ZX5s. I've been using the HD-12A on gigs of 100 + guests without a problem the bass is there. Yes, the sub 8004 are a little heavy but if you ever need to do a bigger event, you won't need more than that. You can always buy a different sub too. I suggest you listen to it before you buy it. I made my decision by comparing 3 different speakers side by side (flat)
EV 12", EV 15" jbl Eon 15".
Joee 6:17 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:

NM NH

i should rephrase not better, but might be up there in terms of spl
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 6:20 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:

NM NH

Well, Like I said in my earlier post. I was running EV QRX218s and EV ZX5 and I was using an Ashly processor. Don't get me wrong I really like the EV system but IMHO yes RCF sounds better.
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 6:31 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

The major benefit of the RCF system is size/weight/powered. If the RCF "sounds a lot better than the EV" I would question user error IMHO.

Agree with the benefit, they are lighter, smaller and powerful but you don't have to believe me, if you get an opportunity to listen to the HD12As you can do a side by side comparison and maybe hear the difference. This is just my opinion.
Joee 6:33 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:

this thing right here has a 3 inch compression driver, the zxa5 has a 2 inch
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 6:51 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

this thing right here has a 3 inch compression driver, the zxa5 has a 2 inch

I have not listen to HD 32-A but it seems like the HD-12A in steroids.
DJ GaFFle 7:04 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree with the benefit, they are lighter, smaller and powerful but you don't have to believe me, if you get an opportunity to listen to the HD12As you can do a side by side comparison and maybe hear the difference. This is just my opinion.

What amps were you driving your passive speakers with? Don't bother replying if they were iNukes or less.
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 7:06 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What amps were you driving your passive speakers with? Don't bother replying if they were iNukes or less.

I was using 2 QSC PL380 amps
DJ GaFFle 7:25 PM - 3 October, 2013
Great amps but still surprising...

Maybe some drivers were blown on those ZX5's. They are very efficient and don't require a lot of power to get them singing. They're 8ohm/600Watt RMS yet your PL380 amp is 1500Watts RMS per channel. That seems excessive unless you really know what you're doing on that Ashly DSP.
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 7:40 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Great amps but still surprising...

Maybe some drivers were blown on those ZX5's. They are very efficient and don't require a lot of power to get them singing. They're 8ohm/600Watt RMS yet your PL380 amp is 1500Watts RMS per channel. That seems excessive unless you really know what you're doing on that Ashly DSP.

Not blown at all, they do sound very nice, I was looking for something better and in my opinion I found them. Yes, the amps may seem excessive but when I needed them for my high school events they were very handy because I would run 3 ZX5 per side and 2 QRX218 per side. As far as the Ashly, I'm not too savy on that but I have 2 friends that do sound professionally and they set that up for me with several settings.
I still have the Ashly and I will be using it with my RCF system.
DJ GaFFle 7:56 PM - 3 October, 2013
3 ZX5's per side?

Where they the ZX5 90 or 60 degree versions?
Joee 7:57 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
3 ZX5's per side?

if there were 90 there goes his problem
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 8:04 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
3 ZX5's per side?

They were 60 degree
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 8:18 PM - 3 October, 2013
Listen guys, I'm not trying to tell you what to buy or what's better. I'm just stating my opinion based on what I heard and experienced. This is just my 2 cents.
DJ GaFFle 8:18 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
3 ZX5's per side?

They were 60 degree

So did you compare these RCFs to the EVs in the same venue with same setup proximity or you're just going off of how you feel they sound in general.

BTW... three 60 degree boxes per side is overlap heaven unless they're of the vertical-array type. Now three 60 degree top boxes (center clustered) would cover everyone in front of you nice and evenly depending on how you splayed them.

No matter how you slice it, you're still using quality gear. I'd consider those HD32-A's but I have no way of hearing them to really know what they sound like.
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 8:33 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
3 ZX5's per side?

They were 60 degree

So did you compare these RCFs to the EVs in the same venue with same setup proximity or you're just going off of how you feel they sound in general.

BTW... three 60 degree boxes per side is overlap heaven unless they're of the vertical-array type. Now three 60 degree top boxes (center clustered) would cover everyone in front of you nice and evenly depending on how you splayed them.

No matter how you slice it, you're still using quality gear. I'd consider those HD32-A's but I have no way of hearing them to really know what they sound like.

I compared the HD-12As to an active 12" EV and 15". Yes, the 15 had a little more bass but the clarity was better on the HD 12A. We tested with a mic, smooth jazz, Usher-Yeah.
Joee 8:39 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:

I'd consider those HD32-A's but I have no way of hearing them to really know what they sound like.

i'm just may get a pair & $995 each, if i'll do i'll let you know as i will do a side by side with the ev zxa5

on another note i been looking at the fbt promaxx14a, i never knew about this speaker than you posted the review of it and it looks interesting, the output and punch of a 15 with the weight and size of a 12 @ $1,100 each i don't know if it's worth it the zxa5 is $1,300
DJ GaFFle 8:43 PM - 3 October, 2013
That may be the old a 12" has better clarity vs. a 15" driver theory coming to life.

As a standalone (no sub) solution, the ZXa5 would crush it for typical playback of: Hip Hop, cRap, EDM, cruDstep, Reggae, etc. but for the things you tested: vocals, jazz and Usher (I guess), the quality 12" driver prevails. Now imagine the sound of the HD32-A with your current system... musical bliss!

(nm)
DJ GaFFle 8:44 PM - 3 October, 2013
That Promaxx 14a is suppose to be excellent on the sound quality front. It ranks in the abyss in the looks department. (nm)
Joee 8:52 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
That may be the old a 12" has better clarity vs. a 15" driver theory coming to life.

As a standalone (no sub) solution, the ZXa5 would crush it for typical playback of: Hip Hop, cRap, EDM, cruDstep, Reggae, etc. but for the things you tested: vocals, jazz and Usher (I guess), the quality 12" driver prevails. Now imagine the sound of the HD32-A with your current system... musical bliss!

(nm)

as i understand it the compression driver being bigger lets the horn handle more or most of the highs/mids so the woofer can produce more bass?

is this correct?

but for sure the zxa5/zx5 is unmatched when your using top boxes without sub the bass is crazy, i was djing a small bar with just one zxa5 one of my boys came in and said damn the sound is crazy for only one speaker i feel the bass at the bar, he got a pair the very next week
DJ GaFFle 9:50 PM - 3 October, 2013
Well, the HD12A doesn't have a larger high compression driver than the ZX5 or ZXA5.

That 12" driver has a smaller surface area, moves quicker and is more accurate than a 15" driver. Now imagine a two-way speaker with an 18" driver... it would move and react very slowly and therefore, would not be very accurate with vocals, it would only sound great with low-end bass response because it moves more air.
Joee 9:58 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Well, the HD12A doesn't have a larger high compression driver than the ZX5 or ZXA5.

That 12" driver has a smaller surface area, moves quicker and is more accurate than a 15" driver. Now imagine a two-way speaker with an 18" driver... it would move and react very slowly and therefore, would not be very accurate with vocals, it would only sound great with low-end bass response because it moves more air.

no the hd32-a has a 3 inch driver with a 2 inch exit the zxa5/zx5 has a 2 inch driver with a 1.4 or 1.5 exit
Joee 9:59 PM - 3 October, 2013
the hd32a is what i'm looking at
DJ GaFFle 11:36 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
no the hd32-a has a 3 inch driver with a 2 inch exit the zxa5/zx5 has a 2 inch driver with a 1.4 or 1.5 exit

If you get'em, you'll probably say they sound smoother, with much more clarity than the ZXa5's... but not nearly as loud or low with bass.

(nm)
caliguy 8:40 PM - 13 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I love how you kids make assumptions. I'M A DEALER. I have access to all the latest top portable pro audio sound reinforcement. Why would I promote a lesser priced product and make less money.....becausec once in a great while, what you pay for is not necessarily what you get. The ZLX is just that product that gives you WAY MORE than what you pay for.

I like the ZX series, one of the best ever made, period. However, I know the sound of the entire ZX series very well. I challenge you to do a side by side comparison with the ZLX. Now the ZX series will have higher output, however the ZLX will have a higher spectrum of fidelity and crispiness, the vocals have a better warmer presence, and the bass will be more true and accurate sounding.

The Z L X is the ONLY ABS cabinet to date that I have heard that doesnt sound like plastic!!! You can't say the same from the EV ZX series, the Yamaha DXR, definitely not from the QSC K12, or any other ABS cabinet, none! The ZLX have been purposely engineered to sound warm as if they were wooden cabinets with a UNIFORM output.

You know what sound engineers request and buy from me.......the ZLX12P.

Don't form your opinion based on what you read here, including mine. Search out other forums reviews of the ZLX, specifically those related to sound reinforcement.
caliguy 8:44 PM - 13 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I agree 100%. RCF is a solid choice but I agree.

BTW Props to you on all that great Yorkville gear in that pic. DANG!
Joee 9:21 PM - 13 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I love how you kids make assumptions. I'M A DEALER. I have access to all the latest top portable pro audio sound reinforcement. Why would I promote a lesser priced product and make less money.....becausec once in a great while, what you pay for is not necessarily what you get. The ZLX is just that product that gives you WAY MORE than what you pay for.

I like the ZX series, one of the best ever made, period. However, I know the sound of the entire ZX series very well. I challenge you to do a side by side comparison with the ZLX. Now the ZX series will have higher output, however the ZLX will have a higher spectrum of fidelity and crispiness, the vocals have a better warmer presence, and the bass will be more true and accurate sounding.

The Z L X is the ONLY ABS cabinet to date that I have heard that doesnt sound like plastic!!! You can't say the same from the EV ZX series, the Yamaha DXR, definitely not from the QSC K12, or any other ABS cabinet, none! The ZLX have been purposely engineered to sound warm as if they were wooden cabinets with a UNIFORM output.

You know what sound engineers request and buy from me.......the ZLX12P.

Don't form your opinion based on what you read here, including mine. Search out other forums reviews of the ZLX, specifically those related to sound reinforcement.

if your telling me that the zlx15p sounds better than a zxa5, i'm sorry to say but your full of sh@t, lets compare apple to apple here

the zlx only has a 12 & a 15, so lets compare zlx15p vs zxa5 both ev 15inch powered two way boxes, the zxa5 out preforms the zlx15p in every single way

now the zlx12p vs the zx3 (a passive box) so might not be fair to compare the two, again the zx3 beats the zlx12p in every way

you keep saying that the zlx sounds better than the zx, either there is something wrong with your ears or you don't have a clue about pro audio

the zx line has a higher spl/better low end/more clean & clear top end, the zlx speaker can not be beat by any speaker in it's price point, but better than the zx again is there something wrong with your ears?

zlx = entry level dj gear
zx = pro level pa

we know are gear around here, next your gonna tell me that i should get EV ELX118P'S to go with my zxa5 cause there better than my JBL VRX918SP
Joee 9:27 PM - 13 October, 2013
and i do own the gear that i talk about, i don't base opinions on what other people say

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
DJ GaFFle 1:20 AM - 14 October, 2013
Well damn... tell'em how ya REALLY feel Joee! :-)

(nm)
Al Poulin 2:24 AM - 14 October, 2013
Here's the first thing I found when I googled ZLX-12P Prosoundweb (issues with the ZLX-12Ps) :

"I bought 4x Electro-voice ZLX 12p powered speakers for use as stage monitors. The rig they were bought for is a QRX rig which previously included JBL powered monitors. A friend told me about the ZLX line and recommended them and I always liked all the EV products that i have owned over the years. I also liked the look which is a closer match to the QRX mains (cosmetically) then the JBL monitors, so I bought 4 of the new ZLX 12p model.
When they arrived the first thing I noticed was they are made in china, not what I expected from EV and a big disappointment. Then I see that the power cable included is 18awg which can't be heavy enough for a claimed 1000watt power amp, can it? Of corse that made me investigate the power claims of the model line which was another disappointment, apparently the factory specs simply state the amplifier "power rating 1000 watts" with no further distinction as to that rating. The assumption that a product from a reputable professional audio mfg would use accurate Cont. RMS power rating is not correct with new EV products and this is a very misleading marketing spec several times the actual power output of the unit.
Then I see that the factory new speakers show what looks like evidence that they were taken apart before, tool marks on some hardware and even a grill screw was stripped. Also 1 unit had the power amp mounted upside down.
I noticed the logo on the grill rattles, so I removed the front grill to fix the logo rattle and found a unit had 3x of the screws that hold in the Lf driver in were sticking out about 1/2inch and the other 5 were less then fully seated as well.
while fixing all the obvious flaws I realized just how cheap these things are. The screws that they used to hold everything together are all simply screwed into plastic and none have any metal thread inserts or nuts or anything half decent, just plastic. Then while I was flipping the amp module that was upside down I could see inside the box and I was once again disappointed to see some REAL CHEAP DRIVERS inside. The low driver was an obviously cheap stamped basket woofer and the HF driver also looks like junk which BTW is not a 1.5 in throat as marketing leads you to believe.
So I get them as prepared as I can and take them out to the first gig and guess what? Already a failure! Right after I set up I did a quick check to make sure everything was working and found 1 of 4 was not producing any audio output. Did some trouble shooting by swapping wiring and mix outputs and finally hooking a mic directly to the ZLX revealed it was not working. Powered up and the LCD screen comes on but no output with all the correct settings on the gain and dsp options but no output.
I know it is under warranty still but I am already at a loss for confidence with these speakers and I can not trust them after being let down right out of the gate.
i guess this is a sign that maybe EV (now Bosh) is going downhill. When I noticed the initial flaws I tried to call them and got a voice mail and no return call, now I have a failure and warranty claim to deal with and I doubt it will be easy."

I guess you CAN only expect so much quality in a 400$ box. I imagine they sound very good, but I doubt they will last as long as Yamaha DXRs or QSC Ks which are likely better engineered and better assembled for long term reliability given their 6-7 year warranties. As for the "plastic" sound, I believe this is more a figment of the imagination most of the time. The actual transducers and processing in a speaker will make a much bigger difference than cabinet material used in modern QUALITY speakers. Top manufacturers like RCF, FBT, Yamaha, QSC and countless others wouldn't be using plastic/ABS cabinets so readily IF they sounded so bad... I own both plastic and wood cabinets and couldn't tell you which is which in a double blind test. That said, I've heard many crappy sounding speakers made of both plastic and wood.

Al
Joee 11:55 AM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:
Well damn... tell'em how ya REALLY feel Joee! :-)

(nm)

he's full of it

al poulin, your right it's only a 250 watt box not 1000---> www.electrovoice.com ,still a box for the money i got the 12 for $330
Joee 11:59 AM - 14 October, 2013
still a good box for the money
DJ GaFFle 2:56 PM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I love how you kids make assumptions. I'M A DEALER. I have access to all the latest top portable pro audio sound reinforcement. Why would I promote a lesser priced product and make less money.....

Maybe because many (or most) DJs are looking for cheap and one can make a profit by moving the volumes of ZLX's as opposed the rarely purchased, high-priced ZX series stuff?

Quote:
I challenge you to do a side by side comparison with the ZLX. Now the ZX series will have higher output, however the ZLX will have a higher spectrum of fidelity and crispiness, the vocals have a better warmer presence, and the bass will be more true and accurate sounding.

Any decent quality home stereo speaker can have more fidelity than a lot of pro audio gear along with accurate bass, warmth and accuracy BUT the ability to do what's most important in pro audio: get loud, maintain that fidelity while loud and last with the rigors of PA duty, is what separates home stereo from good pro audio gear. With that being said, I highly doubt the ZLX is any good for any situation where more than backyard BBQ or living room volume levels are required. And comparing them to the ZX series (bar the ZXa1) like they're in any way a better speaker, is kind of ridiculous.

Bottom line... a lot of DJs, with Numark Mixtrack controller budgets, want miracle sound for cheap. They see a pair of 15's for $900 and they're ALL IN. They eventually do their first prom and will soon see they're ALL OUT (not enough output). Those speakers have their place... best-for-beginner speakers, best bang-for-the-budget-buck, etc. I'd consider getting some too and rent them out to other DJ's or use them for backups. Hopefully, they're not susceptible to being blown and would net me a consistent profit... I'd doubt that though because guys would end up running them in the red trying to get more volume out of 'em and end up damaging stuff.

My issue is when guys inquire about upgrading from Mackie SRM450/EON level speakers and people come out the woodwork ranting and raving about low-output ZLX's like it's a step up when it's not. Standards are being lowered with these ultra-cheap speakers all for the sake of the cheapest dollar$. The PRX, DXR/DSR, K/KW, ART/HD, etc. should be the defacto purchase in DJ speakers for fidelity and good output... not some low output speaker that you have to quadruple up on for decent volume levels.

My $.02

(nm)
pdidy 6:20 PM - 14 October, 2013
caliguy 7:55 PM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:
if your telling me that the zlx15p sounds better than a zxa5, i'm sorry to say but your full of sh@t, lets compare apple to apple here

Quote:
he's full of it

Only an ignorant person would make that statement. Your the feces full one. Like the Emperor's New Clothes, you show your true ignorant colors. I lost all respect for your logic.

You took things out of context. I never stated you did or didnt own the products in question. Most of my response was a general statement and not even meant for you to begin with.

You can keep your opinion that to your DJ ears the ZX sound better than the ZLX, but I will trust the first hand opinions of these audio engineers that the ZLX have better sound.

Bottom line, no matter how powerful the ZX5 are they still sound "plasticy". The ZLX sound more true to the warmth of wooden cabinets.

As far as durability the ZX series are proven, but that comparison can't be made with the ZLX because they are too new of a series and the jury is till out on them. Time will tell.
caliguy 8:16 PM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:
Any decent quality home stereo speaker can have more fidelity than a lot of pro audio gear along with accurate bass, warmth and accuracy BUT the ability to do what's most important in pro audio: get loud, maintain that fidelity while loud and last with the rigors of PA duty, is what separates home stereo from good pro audio gear. With that being said, I highly doubt the ZLX is any good for any situation where more than backyard BBQ or living room volume levels are required. And comparing them to the ZX series (bar the ZXa1) like they're in any way a better speaker, is kind of ridiculous.

Again, your making assumptions.

Please point out where I am discussing a comparison between the ZXA1 and the ZLX. I am comparing the ZX series in general to the ZLX series.

It looks like you are giving more weight to your opinion based on loudness, volume, and price and instead of fidelity and accuracy. Is rumble more important than bass tone? Is loudness more important than precision?

A PROPERLY ADJUSTED ZLX12P OR 15P setup will produce high levels of volume as their competition BUT with undistorted intelligible clean sound at a higher clarity on the high frequencies.

I PERSONALLY, ALONG WITH SKEPTICS, HAVE DONE THE A AND B COMPARISON. The results were unanimous in favor of the ZLX versus other ABS cabinets including the ZX5.

Anyway you guys are definitely right to defend your opinions and I respect them.
caliguy 8:26 PM - 14 October, 2013
JUST TO CLARIFY:

Im talking about the ZLX POWERED with built in DSP vs both ZX passive and active.
Papa Midnight 8:47 PM - 14 October, 2013
DJ GaFFle 9:18 PM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:

...Please point out where I am discussing a comparison between the ZXA1 and the ZLX. I am comparing the ZX series in general to the ZLX series.

Well, you said ZX series which includes the ZXA1. I barred the ZXA1 because I don't consider them of the same caliber as the ZX3, ZX5 or ZXA5 because they (ZXA1s) lack some luster (to me) and are made in China.

Quote:
It looks like you are giving more weight to your opinion based on loudness, volume, and price and instead of fidelity and accuracy. Is rumble more important than bass tone? Is loudness more important than precision?

I basically said that even a typical decent quality home stereo speaker can appear to sound warmer, with more musical detail than a good PA speaker BUT they lack durability and any sort of adequate volume for pro audio use. Heck, even a KRK Rokit will have greater accuracy, warmth and detail than a ZX or any other prosumer-level series speaker but you won't catch me DJ'ing with it. Your musical bliss gets tossed out the door when you have to turn the volume up. Warmth turns to harshness, bass turns to distortion, peak lights starts flashing and then your speaker is blown. I'm gonna reserve my opinion of personal listening ZLX-to-ZX test because your ears are different than mine and it's just your opinion. I own the ZXA5s and have only 'listened' to the ZLX15P (no direct A/B). I did compare the ZLX15Ps to the JBL PRX615 actives and felt the PRX's sounded better in every way. No knock on the ZLX's... they were just out classed by a better product.

Quote:
A PROPERLY ADJUSTED ZLX12P OR 15P setup will produce high levels of volume as their competition BUT with undistorted intelligible clean sound at a higher clarity on the high frequencies.

"The Little Engine That Could"... I read that book too!

Even EV's website has the ZLX15P at 127dB vs. the ZXA5's 133dB max SPL. That +6dB means the ZXA5 is the same loudness but at double the distance. I see you crafted your words carefully with "as their competition" and "a properly adjusted". I'd guesstimate it would take 3 of these "properly adjusted" ZLX15P's to equal the output of a single ZXA5. I can't believe I'm even debating this comparison. It would be much more believable if you were comparing them to the ELX series EVs.

(nm)
Joee 9:23 PM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:
JUST TO CLARIFY:

Im talking about the ZLX POWERED with built in DSP vs both ZX passive and active.

dude give it up already, you keep telling us that the ZLX sounds better than the ZX/ZXA.......ZLX12P/ZLX15P does not sound better than ZX3/ZX5/ZXA5, yes the zlx sound very good for the price.....i just got a zlx12p for $330

the way your talking about this entry level low budget speaker seems like you have stock in the company, or your just trying to sell more of them to make more money

i'm one of the biggest ev fans around, but zlx vs zx/zxa your giving me vinegar and telling me it's honey........come on now i know better

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
he's full of it

Only an ignorant person would make that statement. Your the feces full one. Like the Emperor's New Clothes, you show your true ignorant colors. I lost all respect for your logic.

the ignorant one here is you, you keep telling us that zlx is better than zx
this speaker right here is the better sounding box---> www.guitarcenter.com

and it sounds better than this----> www.kpodj.com

again your full of SH@T, i feel sorry for all the people that your selling garbage gear to and telling them it good quality gear.............you sir need to find a new line of work cause there is something wrong with your hearing

if you would have came in here saying the zlx is a great sounding speaker i would agree with you 100% but you keep on with your zlx is better than zx, your saying all the install guys are buying them cause they sound so great......

again more BULLSH@T, there buying them cause they are the cheapest box with a good sound that you can find

you need to get a clue, us guys around here we know are pro audio & most of us own/use these speakers we talk about......zlx better than zx i'm glad i don't buy gear from you, you remind me of a sales guy at sam ash one time i asked for a quality sub woofer and he showed me a jbl JRX....i felt like slapping him in the face, kinda like i wanna do to you right now

give it up already, go jump into a bathtub while holding a tv........maybe your ears will work better than cause there is something wrong with them now!
pdidy 3:08 AM - 15 October, 2013
@ gaffle, your guess is a lil low.....I would take about 4 zlx15s to reach the max spl of 1 zxa5
caliguy 7:28 PM - 19 October, 2013
The purpose of my post was to share my first hand experience about the ZLX powered speakers for the benefit of those that want to hear about it from someone that deals with different portable pro audio products on a regular basis. I am not here to coerce, just to express. There are other sources of information and reviews on the net about these speakers besides Serato.

Quote:
Well, you said ZX series which includes the ZXA1. I barred the ZXA1 because I don't consider them of the same caliber as the ZX3, ZX5 or ZXA5 because they (ZXA1s) lack some luster (to me) and are made in China.

I understand. Note: The passive ZX are made in the USA.

Quote:
Heck, even a KRK Rokit will have greater accuracy, warmth and detail than a ZX or any other prosumer-level series speaker but you won't catch me DJ'ing with it. Your musical bliss gets tossed out the door when you have to turn the volume up. Warmth turns to harshness, bass turns to distortion, peak lights starts flashing and then your speaker is blown. I'm gonna reserve my opinion of personal listening ZLX-to-ZX test because your ears are different than mine and it's just your opinion.

Actually the KRK are considered quite accurate (another speaker that delivers more value for your money). Thank you for being respectful of my opinion.

Quote:
I own the ZXA5s and have only 'listened' to the ZLX15P (no direct A/B). I did compare the ZLX15Ps to the JBL PRX615 actives and felt the PRX's sounded better in every way. No knock on the ZLX's... they were just out classed by a better product.

Ooo OK. Sorry but I couldn't DISAGREE more on your JBL PRX615 and ZLX15P comparison. Allot of critics will agree with me that all the powered portable JBL speakers sound muddy. I too have done the PRX615 and EV ZLX15P comparison and the PRX615 have absolutely NO CHANCE of getting close to the beautiful clean sound and rich bass of the EV ZLX15P ! The ZLX had way more clarity, way more UNIFORM sound, with richer more powerful bass. But we have different ears and different audio experience so I respect your beliefs.

FOR THE RECORD IN ALL MY ZLX POWERED COMPARISONS THE ZLX WERE SET TO "CLUB" SETTING.

Quote:
"The Little Engine That Could"... I read that book too!

Hahaha...cute.

Quote:
Even EV's website has the ZLX15P at 127dB vs. the ZXA5's 133dB max SPL. That +6dB means the ZXA5 is the same loudness but at double the distance. I see you crafted your words carefully with "as their competition" and "a properly adjusted". I'd guesstimate it would take 3 of these "properly adjusted" ZLX15P's to equal the output of a single ZXA5. I can't believe I'm even debating this comparison.

Again, I keep reading that comparisons on volume and decibels is a primary factory with opinions. The ZLX12P and 15P with a decent digital mixer with properly setup gain/trim puts out a tremendous amount of clean clear uniform sound WITHOUT the typical distortion found at LOWER volume levels of its competitors.

I have cranked these speakers to the max clean output that my mixer can give WITHOUT exceeding the mixers channel or master volume headroom (no clipping) and the ZLX powered speakers are so damn loud theres no way your ears can handle that volume at close proximity! How much more volume can a person handle or possibly want from 2 speakers !

I am basing my opinion on the highest level of sound without distorting, the clarity, the quality of the TONE of the bass, the accuracy of the mids/vocals, and the over general UNIFORM pleasantness of the sound as well as the pretty much unanimous opinions of customers and converts that have heard the comparison.

However, as you point out, sound is subjective and there is no right or wrong here.

Quote:
again your full of SH@T, i feel sorry for all the people that your selling garbage gear to and telling them it good quality gear.............you sir need to find a new line of work cause there is something wrong with your hearing

This will be the last time I grant you my time and agree to attempt to educate you.

A persons maturity level and disparity comes to light when they have to resort to defamation and profanity in place of convincing arguments.

This is the SERATO forum, not the Joeeee forum. A forum is a place of PUBLIC opinion.
You are definitely not obligated to agree with me, but normally people would want to demonstrate good character by respecting others postings.

If you decide to retort that's fine, but please know that if I fail to respond its only because I I value my time and there's only so much generosity I'm willing to extend.
Joee 10:10 PM - 19 October, 2013
Quote:

If you decide to retort that's fine, but please know that if I fail to respond its only because I I value my time and there's only so much generosity I'm willing to extend.

you know what you 100% correct i just sold all my ZX speakers along with my ELX & RCF.........i sold them all and bought ZLX12P'S & ZLX15P'S cause they are AWSOME!

these thing are the BEST sounding speakers i have ever heard, what was i thinking? caliguy you are the man!
JDforKing 1:13 AM - 20 October, 2013
lol lol lol
DJ NoNseNse 9:19 AM - 20 October, 2013
I like the sound of the zlx but they limit real easy when turned up. Perfect for gigs where loud music isn't required.
caliguy 12:39 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
I like the sound of the zlx but they limit real easy when turned up. Perfect for gigs where loud music isn't required.

Just want to point out that there's a bit of confusion between actual LIMIT and when the CLIP LIMITERS are engaging.

1) When the ZLX states "Limit" within the individual Input 1 or Input 2 level meters, that means the clip limiters are engaging to give you the best undistorted performance. This is perfectly normal and does not mean the speaker is clipping. In the background the ZLX DSP is pulling back the signal a few decibels before clipping in order to produce maximum bass without exceeding the headroom.

2) When the entire LED displays the word " L I M I T " , then you have exceeded the capacity of the speaker and the speaker is indeed clipping. You must at this point reduce the gain of the input channels till the LED display goes back to normal.
JDforKing 12:44 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Just want to point out that there's a bit of confusion between actual LIMIT and when the CLIP LIMITERS are engaging.

1) When the ZLX states "Limit" within the individual Input 1 or Input 2 level meters, that means the clip limiters are engaging to give you the best undistorted performance. This is perfectly normal and does not mean the speaker is clipping. In the background the ZLX DSP is pulling back the signal a few decibels before clipping in order to produce maximum bass without exceeding the headroom.

2) When the entire LED displays the word " L I M I T " , then you have exceeded the capacity of the speaker and the speaker is indeed clipping. You must at this point reduce the gain of the input channels till the LED display goes back to normal.

I think everyone knows this. I owned the zlx12p and had to sell them because relative to other power speakers i own, they limit entirely too fast for my liking.
Al Poulin 1:45 AM - 23 October, 2013
Not a big fan of everything being controlled by a knob and an LED display. Imagine if that LED screen stopped working. That would suck. It's also probably much quicker simply turning an actual knob to do a certain purpose than having to go through a menu to access and adjust what you need.
pdidy 2:16 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Not a big fan of everything being controlled by a knob and an LED display. Imagine if that LED screen stopped working. That would suck. It's also probably much quicker simply turning an actual knob to do a certain purpose than having to go through a menu to access and adjust what you need.

That could turn out to be its achilles' heel. Time will tell....
pdidy 2:55 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think everyone knows this. I owned the zlx12p and had to sell them because relative to other power speakers i own, they limit entirely too fast for my liking.

Me too, I brought a pair zlx15p last summer to demo and came to the same conclusion. It took all of 5 minutes or less to conclude it was not even close to the league of my current speakers so they were quickly given to my dj partner before I blow them ;)
It would have taken about 4 zlx to keep up with my 2 yorkville nx750. i26.photobucket.com
3 zlx15p = 2 qsc k12
4 zlx15p = 1 Ev zxa5
caliguy 3:02 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Not a big fan of everything being controlled by a knob and an LED display. Imagine if that LED screen stopped working. That would suck.

Quote:
That could turn out to be its achilles' heel. Time will tell....

That would definitely suck as far not being able to switch into other eq settings. You would end up with the last applied setting which may not be all bad but you wouldn't have access to other important info.

EV could have gone with the traditional filter settings and clip light indicators but on the other hand the upside is you have allot of great versatile options easily controllable with a single parameter knob. Time will tell but this is not the first or the last speaker with an LCD display. I feel pretty confident we will be seeing allot more speakers playing catch up on this feature. EV was just brave enough to pioneer the movement.

Quote:
Quote:

I think everyone knows this.

You would be surprised. Seeing the word limit automatically makes one think that its clipping. EV should have changed the wording to "Limitor" instead of "Limit".

I have personally seen allot setups with clipping speakers not so much because of their speakers lack of power, but because of improper user gain settings. Allot of people out there dont properly adjust the gain, causing their speakers to clip early and in essence fall short of their true potential. I see this all the time.
pdidy 3:16 AM - 23 October, 2013
@ caliguy, I think it was behringer, Mackie then EV in that order with the LCD screens. (From memory)
caliguy 4:34 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
@ caliguy, I think it was behringer, Mackie then EV in that order with the LCD screens. (From memory)

I knew Mackie was one, I dont sell Behringer so I wasnt aware they also had that.
Joee 1:27 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Me too, I brought a pair zlx15p last summer to demo and came to the same conclusion. It took all of 5 minutes or less to conclude it was not even close to the league of my current speakers so they were quickly given to my dj partner before I blow them ;)
It would have taken about 4 zlx to keep up with my 2 yorkville nx750. i26.photobucket.com
3 zlx15p = 2 qsc k12
4 zlx15p = 1 Ev zxa5

the zlx15p sounds better than the zxa5.......i sold my zxa5's to buy zlx15p's......i can't wait
DJ GaFFle 1:34 PM - 23 October, 2013
Lol
Joee 1:41 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Lol

for real the zlx doesn't sound like a plastic box, it's musical.........AWSOME, you should sell your QRX'S.......
Joee 1:51 PM - 23 October, 2013
a gaffle if zlx comes out with a sub woofer i would expect it to be better that your danleys.......you might want to think about selling those too

ZLX ROCKSSSSSS
Papa Midnight 2:37 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Allot of people out there dont properly adjust the gain, causing their speakers to clip early and in essence fall short of their true potential. I see this all the time.

...and a lot of people crank up the mids and highs because they "can't hear them", run their gains high, red line the hell out of their speakers, and wonder why they keep blowing them while everyone else goes home with tinnitus.
DJ GaFFle 2:41 PM - 23 October, 2013
I'm still waiting to hear of some reviews on the RCF HD32A's.
Joee 2:46 PM - 23 October, 2013
^ i'm still thinking about getting them........i don't know
Joee 2:48 PM - 23 October, 2013
^ but ay zlx sound better than both hd32a & zxa5.......so i don't need to buy hem
caliguy 12:47 AM - 2 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Allot of people out there dont properly adjust the gain, causing their speakers to clip early and in essence fall short of their true potential. I see this all the time.

...and a lot of people crank up the mids and highs because they "can't hear them", run their gains high, red line the hell out of their speakers, and wonder why they keep blowing them while everyone else goes home with tinnitus.

EXACTLY. Red = Death of your system.
DJ Yoni 3:24 AM - 12 November, 2013
Best thread ever!!
I actually own a pair of the zlx15p and have a pair of prx615's and I gotta say, the jbl's are much louder. I do love the sound reproduction of the ev's but I have 2 qsc kw181 subs and they just can't keep up, even when I set them to a sub dsp. Any ideas of what to get?
Joee 1:21 PM - 12 November, 2013
^kw122 or k12
Quipsilon 4:50 PM - 21 November, 2013
Quote:
York subs all day

NM NH

I've got almost an rcf top / yorkville ls801p setup. I'm waiting for my second 312a to come in
Joee 11:45 PM - 21 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
York subs all day

NM NH

I've got almost an rcf top / yorkville ls801p setup. I'm waiting for my second 312a to come in

you guys with this type of setup have to realize that while you can get away with it(you will be fine) this is not the optimal setup

the rcf 312a/315a does not have a crossover/highpass filter & the york doesn't have a crossover either so your playing your tops in full range not as highs /top box
Quipsilon 2:50 PM - 22 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
York subs all day

NM NH

you guys with this type of setup have to realize that while you can get away with it(you will be fine) this is not the optimal setup

the rcf 312a/315a does not have a crossover/highpass filter & the york doesn't have a crossover either so your playing your tops in full range not as highs /top box

I have a rane crossover on its way to my house :) $150 bucks
Quipsilon 2:58 PM - 22 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
York subs all day

NM NH

I have a rane crossover on its way to my house :) $150 bucks

I gotta know tho what exactly do you mean is the difference between running full range and as tops? Like full range as in full frequency range, as in low frequencies being sent to my tops when they are only meant for the higher Fqs??
Joee 3:16 PM - 22 November, 2013
^ yes……if you only running tops than of course you want them in full range, but if you have a sub you want them high pass/crossed over so only the mid/high frequency go to them
Funkytownstopsix 3:28 PM - 22 November, 2013
Well it took me some time to read all this... My comments: As far as the Serato Threads go for speaker advice if Gaffel or Pdidy didn't approve it you might not want to get it. I know one thing if you post some off the wall stuff people will let you know... THE LITTLE TRAIN THAT COULD.... Made me laugh and a rainy cold day.. Thanks I needed that.
Quipsilon 3:41 PM - 22 November, 2013
Quote:

Hey Gaffle I'm interested in what you think about the qsc k12/ RCF ART series comparison ?
Quipsilon 3:41 PM - 22 November, 2013
Quote:
^ yes……if you only running tops than of course you want them in full range, but if you have a sub you want them high pass/crossed over so only the mid/high frequency go to them

That's what I thought thanks : )
Joee 3:45 PM - 22 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Hey Gaffle I'm interested in what you think about the qsc k12/ RCF ART series comparison ?

the rcf sounds better IMHO, the mids/highs are much better…..smooth sounding not as harsh at higher levels like the qsc
Certified Quality Entertainment 3:47 PM - 22 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the rcf sounds better IMHO, the mids/highs are much better…..smooth sounding not as harsh at higher levels like the qsc

+1
Quipsilon 3:59 PM - 22 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for that! I always wondered, I watch videos of the QSC's and they sound really crisp and clear, I needed to know if they were any clearer than my RCF's
Funkytownstopsix 6:39 PM - 22 November, 2013
anybody hear the SRM650,,,, I have never had a problem with Mackie stuff yet !!! :)...
DJ GaFFle 8:37 PM - 22 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This sound pretty much on point if you're talking the regular ART3-series stuff. Those QSC K/KW series sound very good at low and medium volume levels. They are very articulate with excellent highs and such. I've just noticed that when the volume is really high (near peak), their limiters seem to squelch certain frequencies pretty heavy... they don't limit as smoothly as say a PRX 6-series equivalent. As stated somewhere in this thread, the QSC's have a hefty warranty, look good and have nice mixer functions on the back. You're not gonna go wrong with either one.
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:48 PM - 22 November, 2013
Getting my ZXA5s soon fellas! Just waiting for someone to buy my current stuff! :)
Joee 8:58 PM - 22 November, 2013
imageshack.com

don't they look nice……..lol
Joee 9:09 PM - 22 November, 2013
i really want ev to make a ZXA3------> www.electrovoice.com
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:25 PM - 22 November, 2013
Yes they do!!

I agree. If they made a ZXA3. Same HF driver as the 5 with just a 12", has slightly less bass would be a killer top!
caliguy 2:01 AM - 24 November, 2013
Quote:
Best thread ever!!
I actually own a pair of the zlx15p and have a pair of prx615's and I gotta say, the jbl's are much louder.

Mind if I ask what settings you had on your ZLX15 when you compared them to the JBL PRX615?
Asu 11:20 PM - 26 January, 2014
Quote:

I have to agree the ZLX horns sound amazing....better than ZX4 which i've personally compared.

This is why i wished the ZLX had more power and didn't peak so early....but even at peak they never get harsh which is amazing...so EV answered my question with the new ETX series...i just hope the prices are a little lower than the ones we're seeing right now.
Asu 11:25 PM - 26 January, 2014
but the ZXA5 is a god among speakers all jokes aside
Johnnynights 11:00 PM - 27 January, 2014
I heard the prx700 10" and 12" at guitar center they are great but to be honest they didnt impress me.

I havent heard the rcf im looking into those also.
Joee 11:05 PM - 27 January, 2014
get them, i did…..yamaha dxr sound better than prx700
Francisco The 1 Man Disco 6:47 AM - 14 February, 2014
I bought a set of the RCF HD32A's and let me tell you. I paired them with my RCF SUB 8004 AS's and they are amazing. The clarity is very good and they packed a punch. That is just my opinion. My EV ZX5's are gone!
DJ GaFFle 12:25 PM - 14 February, 2014
ZX5 Or ZXa5s? ^^^
Joee 12:56 PM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
ZX5 Or ZXa5s? ^^^

i found the zx5 needs some eq'n to sound like the zxa5
Asu 10:42 PM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
I bought a set of the RCF HD32A's and let me tell you. I paired them with my RCF SUB 8004 AS's and they are amazing. The clarity is very good and they packed a punch. That is just my opinion. My EV ZX5's are gone!

well a 3" 3.0” voice coil compression driver would def be very clear/loud
Asu 10:44 PM - 14 February, 2014
The powercon connection is what the pros keep asking for so RCF got everything right with that speaker and 1400 watts are amazing too...
Asu 10:50 PM - 14 February, 2014
Gonna buy me a pair of these,they were not on my radar...was looking at the new ETX line but those HD32A's should sound better.i'm sold on powercon too...shouldn't they get to ZXA5 spl 133db? with more power and 2" HF driver?
Joee 10:55 PM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
shouldn't they get to ZXA5 spl 133db? with more power and 2" HF driver?

serato.com
djdisbjohn 11:00 PM - 14 February, 2014
The zxa5s have more headroom than the RCF hd32s

The RCF has very good mid range and highs. Vocals are slightly more clear and crisp
Asu 9:44 AM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:

The RCF has very good mid range and highs. Vocals are slightly more clear and crisp

Cool...well my needs are vocal clarity...plus i'd prefer a 12" over subs
djdisbjohn 9:04 PM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Cool...well my needs are vocal clarity...plus i'd prefer a 12" over subs

Yeah I love my rcf's.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DjDizzyD 12:58 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:

PRX715XLF/PRX712???????

RCF
---> www.rcf.it
---> www.rcf.it
JBL
---> www.jblpro.com
---> www.jblpro.com

I'm getting 2 PRX 715's and 2 PRX 718-xlf's!
The sound and power is unimaginable!!! 1 718 sub is good enough but 2 of the 718 subs is insane and creates a small earth quake like effect!!!
DjDizzyD 1:07 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:
Tough call here... I'm not sure what route I'd recommend considering those models.

I'd say you should also consider the PRX735's. They're 77 lbs each but you won't need a sub. The PRX735's have deeper bass than the ZXa5's; they just don't get as loud overall but the 635's did sound pretty good so I'm guessing the 735's are pretty much the same or better (just more reliable). Just something to think about.

I had a pair of the 635's and never had the overheating issue like some had. They were great speakers and I could crank the volume to the max without and problems. The 735's I am told, do not have the same punch as the 635's did! If your looking for a 3-way system, stick with the 635's! I personally am getting 2 715 top speakers with 2 718-XLF subs: unimaginable power!!!
Joee 1:15 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:
The sound and power is unimaginable!!! 1 718 sub is good enough but 2 of the 718 subs is insane and creates a small earth quake like effect!!!

i've heard the prx715........if you haven't heard the yamaha dxr15 i would advise you to do so

they sound better and cost less...........
DJ GaFFle 1:51 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:

Congrats on your purchase; RCF makes some quality products but keep ya' shirt on... there are even better speaker combinations out there.

If you think two 718's creates an earthquake, what do you think a pair of LS801P's would do?

(nm/nh)
Asu 3:09 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:
If you think two 718's creates an earthquake, what do you think a pair of LS801P's would do?

2 LS801P creates craters all day lol