DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Advanced MIDI output functions (cue point lighting, etc.) tutorial + video

Konix 6:54 PM - 26 July, 2013
Hey everyone, this is my little guide on some of the more advanced MIDI output mappings for specific things like getting the cue points to light up on your controller if you have cue points set, and also for the SP-6 slots.

First, you should watch my tutorial video on MIDI output lighting in Scratch Live... Watchwww.youtube.com

To get the cue points to light up on your control when you have them set, you're going to need to manually add the "Red Hammer" commands. To start, let's take a look at the lines that you will need to add to your XML file

Quote:

<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 1 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 2 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="4" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 3 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="8" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 4 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 5 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="13" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 1 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="3" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 2 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="7" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 3 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="11" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 4 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="15" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 5 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="14" />

This is for the input. You will have to fill in the control number part with the value your button sends out (see bold)...

Quote:

<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 1 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0" />

In my example, the value is zero (0) for that particular button on my MIDI controller. Change this to match your button's value that it send out. Now just repeat this for the other cue points, changing the value to match your controller's buttons.

Optionally, you can add a shift modifier, so when you press and hold this button down, pressing the cue point buttons (on your controller) will delete the cue point.

Quote:
<Control name="Red Hammer Delete A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="1" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Delete B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="2" />

Red Hammer Delete A is the shift button for the left deck, Red Hammer Delete B is for the right deck.

Again change the control value to match your MIDI controller's button.

Quote:
<Control name="Red Hammer Delete A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="1" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Delete B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="2" />

In my above example, the A (left deck) modifier sends out a value of 1 and the the B (right deck) sends out a value of 2

Now, that was just for the input, now let's take a look at the Output side to get it to light up on your MIDI controller so when you have cue points already set, the buttons' will light up on your controller (indicating you already have cue points set) when you load the track.

Quote:

<Output name="Cue Point 1 A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="112" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 2 A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="4" value="60" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="4" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 3 A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="8" value="12" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="8" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 4 A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" value="15" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 5 A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="13" value="3" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="13" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 1 B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="3" value="112" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="3" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 2 B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="7" value="60" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="7" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 3 B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="11" value="12" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="11" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 4 B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="15" value="15" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="15" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 5 B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="14" value="3" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="14" value="0" />
</Output>

Again, everything should be obviously named, so Cue Point 1 A refers to the first cue point on the left deck, Cue Point 2 A is the second cue point on the left deck, and Cue Point 5 B will be the fifth cue point on the right deck, and so on.

But let's take a closer look at Cue Point 1 A for better examination...

Quote:
</Output>

this line...

Quote:

refers to the actual output lighting. The control value, 0 in my example, has to match the value you specified above for the Red Hammer part for Cue Point 1 A for the left deck

Quote:
</Output>

So make sure that the numbers' match each other for the other cue points in the Red Hammer portion and the Output portion.

Next, let's look at the value part...

Quote:

<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0"value="0" />
</Output>

this is where you can specify certain colors if your controller has RGB color pads (like the Numark Orbit for my example), or different brightness states, or blinking states. This is going to require some investigating on your part for your specific MIDI controller. Refer to your MIDI controller's manual to find the exact values. The values will range from 1-127. Each value could do something different; a different color, different brightness of a color, blinking or flashing, etc. For my Numark Orbit, a value of 112 tells the button to light up Red

And that's pretty much it for the Cue Point lighting. Repeat the above for the other cue points, changing their values to match your MIDI controller's values (don't use mine).

If you MIDI controller doesn't have any type of different color options (i.e. just one color), then the value will most likely be 127 for everything.

Also, let's not forget the output for the shift button to delete cue points

Quote:

<Output name="Red Hammer Delete A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="1" value="52" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="1" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Red Hammer Delete B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="2" value="52" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="2" value="0" />
</Output>

For the <On channel> lines, changes your values, 52 in my examples, which lights up orange on the Orbit, to the value you want on your controller.

Now let's look at getting the SP-6 slots to light up in a similar manner. MIDI map each of the six SP-6 play buttons, and you'll get this in your XML...

Quote:

<Control name="Sample Player Play 1" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="0" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 2" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="1" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 3" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="4" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 4" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="5" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 5" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="8" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 6" channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="9" />

Pretty standard affair there and not much you need to do other than map the buttons. So let's look at the output now...

Quote:

<Output name="Sample Player Play 1">
<On channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="127" />
<Off channel="3" event_type="Note Off" control="0" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 2">
<On channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="1" value="127" />
<Off channel="3" event_type="Note Off" control="1" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 3">
<On channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="4" value="127" />
<Off channel="3" event_type="Note Off" control="4" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 4">
<On channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="5" value="127" />
<Off channel="3" event_type="Note Off" control="5" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 5">
<On channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="8" value="127" />
<Off channel="3" event_type="Note Off" control="8" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 6">
<On channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="9" value="127" />
<Off channel="3" event_type="Note Off" control="9" value="0" />
</Output>

This will already be mapped for you when you map the play buttons for each SP-6 slot. So when you press your button on your controller to play an SP-6, it will light up. However, if you want to get the button to light up when you have a sampled loaded in a slot, you'll need to modify the output mapping. Let's look at the first SP-6 slot...

Quote:

<On channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="127" />
</Output>

If I wanted to change the color the of the output to something else, I would change the value 127 to something else. If I wanted red on the Orbit, I would use 80...

Quote:

<On channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="80" />
</Output>

But this will only change the color to red (from white), but it will only light up when I press the button down to trigger the sample. If you want the button to light to signify that you have a sample loaded to a slot, you need to change the Off channel part...

Quote:

</Output>

You need to change it from "Note Off" to "Note On"...

Quote:

<Off channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="0" />
</Output>

this will now light the button on your MIDI controller when you have a sample loaded into the SP-6. However, we need to change the value of it from 0 as that typically is an off message (no light). I will change it to 12, as this is a low light red.

Quote:

<Off channel="3" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="12" />
</Output>

And there you go. So, now when a load a sample to the first SP-6 slot, my button will light up a dull red (value=12), indicating I have a sample loaded in the first SP-6 slot. and when I press the button to trigger/play the sample, it will light up bright red (value=80).

And that's about it for now. Hope you find this helpful. Will add more as needed.
Konix 7:38 PM - 26 July, 2013
Also, really important, whenever you change anything and resave your XML file, you MUST delete your Auto_Save.XML file before starting Scratch Live, then reload your new mapping. If you don't delete the Auto_Save.XML, then your new changes will not work. This will drive you crazy and think it's not working right.
Dj Nyce 12:52 AM - 27 July, 2013
nice write up. i don't understand why it must be so complicated to get midi out to do what you want, but that's another oprah.

thanks
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:25 AM - 28 July, 2013
Nothing but top quality from Konix as always :)

Cheers man.. I will make this a sticky if thats cool with you.
Xfade 12:23 PM - 30 July, 2013
I'm trying to get this to work with my APC20.

Right now I'm working on the cue points and I almost have it working but something is messing with me so I got a few questions :)

I want my cues to light up Yellow (5 on the APC) if they are set and blink green (2) when I press them and if there is no cue set for that song I want them unlit (0).

First I wrote this line:
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 1 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" />

And it seems to work :)

And I added the output:

<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="5" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="2" />
</Output>

It gave me a green flash before I even loaded a song, If I load a song with cue points it turns yellow but it won't flash when I press it. If i load a song without cue points it goes back to flashing green. My guess, I did something wrong :) I changed my 2 to a 0 and the flashing disappear.

I checked through my XML and found this line:

<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="53" value="0" />
</Output>

I thought that maybe I could change that 127 value to 2 but when I did this I got yellow cue points, when I pressed them they started flashing and when I released them they unlit.

I might have gotten all of this wrong, but I'm starting to go crazy, anyone see my mistake, or know what I'm doing wrong?

Also, thanks for the awesome post Konix, it's helping me a lot :)
Konix 1:57 PM - 30 July, 2013
You got to get rid of all the "Trigger Cue Point A0,A1,A2" etc. output lines as well as the "Set Cue Point A0, A1" etc. input lines in your XML file. That's if you map the the little triangle next to the cue points. If you have both that and the special Red Hammer command lines in your XML, you'll get conflicting messages and that's why it's not working correctly.

Although, I wouldn't think flashing green is good for cue points, you're generally only pressing cue point buttons very quickly and probably won't even see the green flashing. I'd go with solid green.

If you use the SP-6, then I would suggest setting flashing green for when you trigger SP-6 samples as those generally play for a few seconds, whereby you'd see the flashing much better.
Xfade 2:03 PM - 30 July, 2013
I see, will have to give that a go... :) Thanks

Yeah, flashing might be a bit stupid.. good point :)

I did that with the SP-6, And I got that working :) Now I just need to remove some stuff from my XML and make magic happen, thanks for the help :)
Xfade 2:07 PM - 30 July, 2013
Oh, one last question (I hope) :)

would this be the correct way to make it work as I want it to:

<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="1" />
</Output>

Where value="5" is Yellow and value="1" is Green? Thanks :)
Konix 2:16 PM - 30 July, 2013
You want it the other way around I think, yellow (Off) when set, solid green (On) when triggered...

<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="1" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="5" />
</Output>
Xfade 2:20 PM - 30 July, 2013
Oh, of course... I mixed up my numbers :)
Xfade 2:27 PM - 30 July, 2013
writing it like that I get Yellow light for all slots that don't have cue points and green for those who have... And when I press a button that is green it stays green :/
Konix 2:37 PM - 30 July, 2013
Did you take out all the Set Cue Point A0-A4 lines and Trigger Cue Point Button A0-A4 lines from your XML? Did you also delete your Auto_Save.XML before starting Scratch Live and reloaded the template?
Xfade 2:40 PM - 30 July, 2013
Yes I did :)
I removed everything that has to do with cues that I don't use and I delete my Auto_Save.XML all the time like crazy since I missed it a few times and went insane :) Might be the APC20 that hate Scratch Live, or else I did something else :P
Konix 2:59 PM - 30 July, 2013
Upload (click the "Attach a File button) your XML file and I'll take a look at it.
3:05 PM, 30 Jul 2013
Xfade attached a file: Test.xml
Download· Permalink
Xfade 3:05 PM - 30 July, 2013
Thanks, I'm sure I miss something obvious, I always do :)
Konix 4:59 PM - 1 August, 2013
Sorry for the delay.

Nope, something I forgot to mention and add to the guide, and my apologizes. You do need to have the "Trigger Cue Point Button A0...A4" output commands to do that. Only the output part though, do not map the input part (Set Cue A0...A4).

So you should have both these parts...

Quote:

<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0" value=112" />
</Output>

<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="16" />
</Output>

This is from my Orbit file. So a value of 112 is dull red (cue point already set), and a value of 16 is bright red (pressing button/triggering cue point) and 0 is no cue point currently set.

So for your APC, I believe it should look like this...

Quote:

<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="0" />
</Output>

</Output>

Try that out and see if it works now.
Xfade 8:48 AM - 2 August, 2013
Oh cool, thanks :) Will try that on Sunday when I get back home :P
OneCrazyDJ 2:28 AM - 4 August, 2013
Can you please post the complete xml file for everyone. This seems a little bit to complicated for the normal average person to create one themselves. It would be gladly appreciated.
Konix 12:14 PM - 4 August, 2013
For the Red Hammer Cue points, here...

Quote:

<midi>
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 2 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="4" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 3 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="8" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 4 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 5 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="13" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 1 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="3" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 2 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="7" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 3 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="11" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 4 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="15" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 5 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="14" />
<Output name="Red Hammer Delete A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="1" value="52" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="1" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Red Hammer Delete B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="2" value="52" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="2" value="0" />
</Output>
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="4" value="60" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="4" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="8" value="12" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="8" value="0" />
</Output>
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 5 A">
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="13" value="0" />
</Output>
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="3" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="7" value="60" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="7" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="11" value="12" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="11" value="0" />
</Output>
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="15" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 5 B">
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="14" value="0" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0" value="16" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button A1">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="4" value="108" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="4" value="20" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button A2">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="8" value="76" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="8" value="68" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button A3">
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" value="5" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button A4">
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="13" value="1" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button B0">
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="3" value="16" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button B1">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="7" value="108" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="7" value="20" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button B2">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="11" value="76" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="11" value="68" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button B3">
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="15" value="5" />
</Output>
<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button B4">
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="14" value="1" />
</Output>
</midi>
Xfade 9:02 AM - 5 August, 2013
I tried it again now, but it still won't work :/

Now when I load up the xml file all the cuepoints light up Yellow (5).
I then load a song without Cues and they all turn off. I load a track that has 2 cues and the first two turn Green (1). I Press them, they stay green, I release the button and they turn off.

I did a major cleanup in my XML since I found a lot of doublets and stuff so I'll upload my new file too, just in case :)

Starting to think there's something with they way the APC20 works that just makes this impossible :P

Thanks for all the help :)
9:02 AM, 5 Aug 2013
Xfade attached a file: Test.xml
Download· Permalink
11:40 AM, 5 Aug 2013
Konix attached a file: Test1.xml
Download· Permalink
11:40 AM, 5 Aug 2013
Konix attached a file: Test2.xml
Download· Permalink
Konix 11:41 AM - 5 August, 2013
I wish I had an APC to test. Try the two above XMLs and see if they work. Don't forget to delete Auto_Save.XML.
Xfade 11:45 AM - 5 August, 2013
I think I just solved it :D

I just switched the 1 and 5 on Cue Point 1 A to Trigger Cue Point Button A0 and the 5 and 0 from Trigger... to Cue Point..

Might just have been a small error from me, just as I thought :)

</Output>
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="0" />
</Output>
Konix 11:48 AM - 5 August, 2013
That's what I did on my Test files for you.
Xfade 11:49 AM - 5 August, 2013
Yeah, I just saw that :)

Thanks for all the help! Now it's time to map the second deck and after that get the Loops working as I want :)
Mr Wilks 10:26 PM - 5 August, 2013
I'm thinking.

Could there be a program written, similar to DiceTools that can translate what we do and turn it into XML, similar to the controller editor that N.I. use?

Maybe ones with presets from the community?

That's a challenge for someone who knows Java :)
the_black_one 11:12 PM - 5 August, 2013
That would be a game changer
Tamere 3:18 AM - 7 August, 2013
Anyone have succes with deck 3(AUX)? Like Red Hammer Cue Point 1 C
7:08 PM, 26 Aug 2013
GoDjBlackC attached a file: Black C.xml
Download· Permalink
GoDjBlackC 7:09 PM - 26 August, 2013
Quote:
That's what I did on my Test files for you.

I've used your guide and the info here to setup the lights on my Behringer DDM4000. Im using a M-Audio Midi uno with Scratch Live. I've gone over my xml file several times but still no success. One thing I noticed is when I started rewriting the xml file my laptop started playing piano notes when I pressed the midi buttons on the DDM4000. Im thinking whatever is causing this maybe the reason my lights arent working. Ive attached a copy of my xml file also. Thanks in advance.
Konix 7:35 PM - 26 August, 2013
The piano notes is something with Windows I believe, basically you're triggering the midi synth, at least that tells you you're getting midi input to the computer.
N.Dee. Rick 6:16 PM - 31 August, 2013
Hi everyone,
is it possible to send two midi commands with one button. I want scratch live to set a loop (e.g. 32) at the same time it jumps to a cue point. So that the loop begins directly at the cue point in a running track. I did that in the past with bome miditranslator but I thought it would work now by editing the xlm file like this:

<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="0" />
<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="2" />
<Control name="Auto Loop ThirtyTwo Button A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="2" />

I wanted to use the same control "2" for both cue point and 32 loop. But it doesn´t work. Does anybody have an idea? Thanks in advance
N.Dee. Rick 8:47 AM - 2 September, 2013
By the way, does anybody have a list of the commands that we can use by editing the xlm files. I read commands that say: data_type="Absolute 7" and key="alt+ctrl" is it possible to send keyboard commands to serato with the midi controller? I would really like to know what that means.
nojretlas 3:08 AM - 3 September, 2013
Ok maybe you can help me.....
I have a Rane 62 and figured out how to get the lights to function 99%.

When I first load the song all the lights that I have set for cues light up regardless if there is a cue set. I push the button and it sets a cue but does not light on deck A but will Light on deck B. Then I hit it again to play the cue and the light stays lit as it should and goes off when deleted and functions properly.
I've add a youtube video to show what is going on. Watchwww.youtube.com
Any ideas?
Thanks
dj_jin 8:02 AM - 25 September, 2013
Quote:
<midi>
<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" />
<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A1" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="16" />
<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A2" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="20" />
<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A3" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="24" />
<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A4" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="25" />
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="12" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="12" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="24" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="24" value="0" />
</Output>
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="16" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="16" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="20" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="20" value="0" />
</Output>
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="25" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="25" value="0" />
</Output>
</midi>

Im mapping my Maschine MK2 to work with Scratch Live but nothing go to work with me!What's should I do with that original xml?
nojretlas 12:17 PM - 25 September, 2013
Quote:
Ok maybe you can help me.....
I have a Rane 62 and figured out how to get the lights to function 99%.

When I first load the song all the lights that I have set for cues light up regardless if there is a cue set. I push the button and it sets a cue but does not light on deck A but will Light on deck B. Then I hit it again to play the cue and the light stays lit as it should and goes off when deleted and functions properly.
I've add a youtube video to show what is going on. Watchwww.youtube.com
Any ideas?
Thanks

Anyone?
Temper Mental 5:05 PM - 4 October, 2013
One thing I noticed is when I started rewriting the xml file my laptop started playing piano notes when I pressed the midi buttons on the DDM4000.

i dont know why it does that, but i know if you turn the sound off on your LT, you wont hear it anymore. Sounds normal coming out of the mixer.
Mr Wilks 8:08 PM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
One thing I noticed is when I started rewriting the xml file my laptop started playing piano notes when I pressed the midi buttons on the DDM4000.

i dont know why it does that, but i know if you turn the sound off on your LT, you wont hear it anymore. Sounds normal coming out of the mixer.

Yeah, that seems to be a side effect of the new output lighting unfortunately.
JungleFX 1:29 PM - 22 October, 2013
so I sorta got this to work with the Korg nanoKontrol2 for deck A and B (still got a bug where it lights up 5 buttons when there are only 3 cuepoints on first load). Been trying to get deck C to work, no success so far.. anyone got the code for deck C/aux?
TIOLI 7:55 PM - 17 November, 2013
Hey Konix
I was just wondering with the transition to Serato DJ were you able to map the orbit with the colors and a shift button yet? if so could you hook me up with the xml and the orbit file? I have tried everything and i cant seem to get it right!!!
thanks in advance,
Andrew
DJ-JayNZ 11:13 AM - 5 December, 2013
hey konix, is it possible to to code a button to instant double from your sampler to your deck ?
Konix 2:45 PM - 5 December, 2013
No, as there is no function for that in Scratch Live.
Eskei83 3:04 PM - 5 December, 2013
It's sad that it isn't working in Serato DJ. I'm so in love with my launchpad mapping.
DJ-JayNZ 3:31 AM - 6 December, 2013
Quote:

thanks for the reply mate, ill stop searching for a way then haha, no big deal just something i wanted to know how to do if possible
RVN 9:22 PM - 27 December, 2013
could u pls mail me ur xml file for the unmark orbit pls
deejay.rvn@gmail.com

thanks
Eliyaho 9:35 AM - 5 January, 2014
Quote:
I wish I had an APC to test. Try the two above XMLs and see if they work. Don't forget to delete Auto_Save.XML.

THANKS!!
Serato, Support
Karl Y 5:12 PM - 7 January, 2014
Hi RVN

please follow this link: serato.com for a Numark Orbit mapping we made :-)

Thanks.
Karl
djmt99 2:29 AM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:

</Output>
</Output>
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="16" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="16" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="20" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="20" value="0" />
</Output>
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="25" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="25" value="0" />
</Output>
</midi>

Is it just me, or is A0 and A3 duplicated, and A5 left out? Or is this how it should be?
djmt99 2:31 AM - 8 January, 2014
Disregard the bit about A5. But the duplicates?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 9:56 AM - 8 January, 2014
Hi djmt99

looks like A0 and A3 are in that example twice, yes

A0
A3
A0
A1
A2
A3
A4
djvmb 12:42 AM - 8 March, 2014
I'm having difficulty assigning colors to my Bharinger LC-1. Every time I save the xml script and delete the AutoSave.xml file, open up serato and load, go back to the XML document the initial Red Hammer statements for example below get deleted.

<Control name="Red Hammer Pitch Up A" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="16" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Pitch Up B" channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="17" />

Do you know why this would happen?

Also every time I assign a button on the midi controller the statement below shows up twice for some reason. And this is for every single button that is assigned.

<Output name="Pitch Up A">
<On channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="16" value="05" />
<Off channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="16" value="05" />
</Output>
manuel villa 4:59 AM - 10 April, 2014
muy buena
Nii Dzani 8:13 PM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
It's sad that it isn't working in Serato DJ. I'm so in love with my launchpad mapping.

Hey Eskeii, do u have the mapping file for Maschine MK2 ? and did you find out one for the Launchpad as well ? If you do can you please post them.
2:26 PM, 22 Sep 2014
Nii Dzani attached a file: Mikro Maschine DJ Nii.xml
Download· Permalink
Nii Dzani 2:28 PM - 22 September, 2014
Quote:

I have attached my midi file for the Mikro Maschine MK2 Im doing the midi colours with the maschine editor so all I need are the commands for sending output to the maschine. I cant figure it out. iv tried a number of the files you posted and modified them but no luck.
DJ SP (UK) 12:09 PM - 14 October, 2014
Has anyone had any luck with MIDI output lighting and Native Instruments hardware yet?

I've been trying to use the "Red Hammer" commands for cue point lighting with a Kontrol Z2 and had no luck. If it's not possible using just SSL and the Controller Editor, is there any other software which could send multiple MIDI messages to the Kontrol Z2 (when it receives MIDI out from SSL) in order to light the cue point pads when they're set to HSB mode?
Eskei83 7:10 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
Has anyone had any luck with MIDI output lighting and Native Instruments hardware yet?

I've been trying to use the "Red Hammer" commands for cue point lighting with a Kontrol Z2 and had no luck. If it's not possible using just SSL and the Controller Editor, is there any other software which could send multiple MIDI messages to the Kontrol Z2 (when it receives MIDI out from SSL) in order to light the cue point pads when they're set to HSB mode?

no - it's not working... for some reason it's not possible for native instrument hardware...
DJ SP (UK) 10:34 PM - 14 October, 2014
Quote:
no - it's not working... for some reason it's not possible for native instrument hardware...

Ah, that's a shame. Hopefully this won't be the case when they implement MIDI output lighting in SDJ.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 6:44 AM - 21 October, 2014
Hi SP
This should work in the Serato DJ 1.7.2 Public Beta ;)

Cheers
Karl
DJ SP (UK) 8:39 AM - 21 October, 2014
Quote:
Hi SP
This should work in the Serato DJ 1.7.2 Public Beta ;)

Cheers
Karl

I hope you're not messing with us Karl! ;)

I've not been able to download the beta yet so I have a few questions:

Is it possible to get "Dicer-like" behaviour for cue points in SDJ 1.7.2? And if so does it require editing of the XML file? (Like the Red Hammer hack).

Is the above possible with Native Instruments hardware? Specifically Machine (this would make Eskei very happy!) and the Kontrol Z2?
DJ ST 7:40 AM - 23 October, 2014
Achtung!

Compatibility with Maschine Mk2, would be awesome, if the MIDI-lighting out -feature works?
It would be nice to get the RGB-pads on Maschine to mimick the colors on Serato DJ-cue points, without fiddling excessively on Maschine's Controller Editor-software (which I'm doing now). It also adds a neat little lighting element, when you're playing at your gigs...

I have no doubt in my mind, that there will be a DDJ-SP1 Mk2, with RGB-pads, somewhere in the development pipeline. The DDJ-SP1 seems like a quality piece of equipment, but I think it would be kinda redundant to have that AND a Maschine Mk2 in your arsenal, since MIDI-mapping on Serato is possible...?

I know Eskei83 is really on top of things with the Maschine-Serato-compatibility, so when I see the next performance video of him using the feature, I'll better ask him for help... =D
DJ SP (UK) 10:05 AM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:
Compatibility with Maschine Mk2, would be awesome, if the MIDI-lighting out feature works?

It would be nice to get the RGB-pads on Maschine to mimick the colors on Serato DJ-cue points, without fiddling excessively on Maschine's Controller Editor-software (which I'm doing now).

It works, (tested on a Kontrol Z2), although I've set the LED colour in the Controller Editor - I'm not aware of a way to get colour information from SDJ.

Quote:
I have no doubt in my mind, that there will be a DDJ-SP1 Mk2, with RGB-pads, somewhere in the development pipeline.

I've been saying the same thing since Pioneer did RGB pads on the DDJ-SZ and is the only reason I've not picked up an SP1. It's definitely coming!
ojgbagg27 3:54 AM - 3 November, 2014
@DJ SP if I am correct in SDJ 172 I thing there is a check box to enable midi out light if that's what you want to do also all Ni Kontroller are mappable in SDJ USING KONTROL EDITOR If you need mapping file you can got to www.djtechtools.com and look up any mapping you want to use with SDJ
ojgbagg27 3:58 AM - 3 November, 2014
@DJ SP
I Serato dj setup midi panel and at the bottom you will see the check box to enable midi light output
freshadon 6:48 AM - 29 January, 2015
Anyone have any idea how to map midi light to a knob? i Have a Behringer DC-1, i followed this thread to successfully map buttons and have them lit when necessary, however i have 8 endless encoders & what i need know is how to get the light around the encoder to light up when ever i turn em. Any idea? Thanks
ojgbagg27 4:08 PM - 29 January, 2015
If you have the control editor for the hardware you are using it will make life easier when doing your mapping so i woulg check behringer web site for that and you will be good to go from there
freshadon 8:16 PM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
If you have the control editor for the hardware you are using it will make life easier when doing your mapping so i woulg check behringer web site for that and you will be good to go from there

unfortunately there is no editing software. only software is "Deckadance" which does what scratchlive/seratodj/virtualdj do, and that's dj software to play music. When u run that software the device will already be mapped to it.

Getting the midi lighting to work in this case should not be hard, i just need to know what to put in the Output section of the XML file...
ojgbagg27 9:54 PM - 29 January, 2015
The what you need to do is use the software in edit mode select your controller then try to change the setting within the software
mr medic 9:55 PM - 30 January, 2015
can someone please just put the complete XML file here to download?? cause i ain't that good with the HTML thing..... i be better of reading the menu in the chinese restaurant that's in manderin..... thanks in advance!!
ojgbagg27 10:43 PM - 30 January, 2015
CHACK THAT OUT THIS A APP TO CHANGE MIDI COMMAND FOR YOU CONTROLLER

www.behringerdownload.de
freshadon 4:07 PM - 2 February, 2015
Quote:
CHACK THAT OUT THIS A APP TO CHANGE MIDI COMMAND FOR YOU CONTROLLER

www.behringerdownload.de

thanks!! i feel so bad when someone finds stuff on the net that i could'nt locate. i will try it later when i get home and update you!
ojgbagg27 4:13 AM - 3 February, 2015
@freshadon we are here to help each other out in some way or form, no sweet . being a Dj is a continuation in learning curve as new hardware come about
nikodb 9:20 AM - 10 February, 2015
Hey guys,

Anybody knows how to make lights flashing?... I ve managed pretty much everything else, but that...

Cheers
Nik
ojgbagg27 5:33 AM - 17 February, 2015
@nikodb If you are using an NI hardware you need to use NI Control Editor to make the light function on all NI KONTROLER
nikodb 7:58 AM - 17 February, 2015
Quote:
@nikodb If you are using an NI hardware you need to use NI Control Editor to make the light function on all NI KONTROLER

Its some Reloop Neons i mapped to SSL and Its all good by now man...Figured pretty much everything, but thanks for the reply though...
Xfade 5:59 AM - 26 March, 2015
Is it possible to do the red hammer cues in Serato Dj now?
I have a layout for SSL that I love on my APC20 and am now thinking about "translating" it to DJ, or can I just copy the file and have it working?
Konix 2:07 PM - 26 March, 2015
No, Serato DJ's MIDI coding is much different than Scratch Live's.
Mr Wilks 2:48 PM - 26 March, 2015
I was hoping for a Launchpad version like in Scratch Live.

Shame as I loved that!
Cutastrov 1:06 AM - 28 March, 2015
Hi Konix,

Did you ever mess around with SDJ Midi-Mappings? Basicaly the custom midi out value works for me. Unfortunately SDJ seems to overwrite the custom xml-file (double up existing entries) each time I do changes within my mapping. However, I solved this one for me with a weird scripting task (no, I did not destroy the structure ;-) )

So I tried to add the control nodes for the SP6 Midi-Mappings to my previous (working) XML file within the XML structure (as far as I understood it) and boooom: "Error loading XML".

If I remove thos nodes for SP6, everything works fine again.

Do you got some advice for me or did you ever experienced a similar behaviour?

Excuse my very bad english.

Cheers
Cutastrov
Cutastrov 1:24 PM - 28 March, 2015
Quote:
So I tried to add the control nodes for the SP6 Midi-Mappings to my previous (working) XML file within the XML structure (as far as I understood it) and boooom: "Error loading XML".

Well, the Law of XML told me, that this must be a so called pebkac. Dunno, deleted a hyphen in the file so parsing failed.

Problem (XML) solved.
illmindset 11:17 AM - 31 March, 2015
Trying to do this with my APC40 is driving me insane. I wish someone who got it to work for their APC40 would upload a file.

The one that Konix uploaded has a few bugs that make it unusable. :(
dstill808 4:43 PM - 29 May, 2015
Anyone had luck so far with mapping for Serato DJ / SDJ?

I'm hoping to get the cue points to stay lit, as in Konix's example.

Even more useful to me would be the ability to have the buttons mapped to the effect triggers stay lit when 'on.' That would be a major help!
Cutastrov 10:21 PM - 9 June, 2015
I created an xml file which was build up from scratch (each, lets say mapping category, for itself.)

1. Create a new Midi-Mapping (XML-File).
2. Start (for example) with the cue points.
3. Save your changes to the XML-File.
4. Quit SDJ
5. Delete the AUTO_SAVE.xml
6. Copy your new XML-File (just in case you will mess up something)
7. Relaunch SDJ
8. Load your Midi-Mapping (XML-File) and select do NOT save changes.
9. Proceed with changes in Midi-Mapping (for example Sample-Banks)
10. Save your Mappings to the XML-File.
11. Quit SDJ
12. Start over with Step 5

What I did: after Step 5 I used to check my XML-File if there are doublette Mappings for a certain SW-Control (for example Deck 1, Cue-Point 0) and there are doublettes, I prune them from my XML-File. While iterating through this process, you will get a clean Midi-Mapping without doublettes etc. which will run smoothly. However, It's a learning curve in the beginning. Furthermore you may run into troubles (I did) if your Midi-Notes correspond to Built-In Midi-Mappings for your Mixer.

One other thing: using a Midi-Controller, Dicers and a Midi-Mixer may be a little challenging, as all devices may use similar Midi-Commands (so for example let's say the midi-command for cue-point one on your midi controller may correspond to the echo midi-command of your mixer).

Hope that helps!
DJ SOUTH 7:42 PM - 28 July, 2015
This is from my Orbit file. So a value of 112 is dull red (cue point already set), and a value of 16 is bright red (pressing button/triggering cue point) and 0 is no cue point currently set.

can u send me your orbit xml please i just bought mine a month ago and it's a pain in the ass
DJ SOUTH 7:43 PM - 28 July, 2015
i forgot to mention i need it for scratch live not SDJ thanks
spencerthayer 11:35 PM - 15 October, 2015
So has anyone been able to figure out how to midi map the Slicer with midi output? Does anyone have a Pioneer DDJ‑SP1 midi XML I can take a look at and hack around for the Maschine MK2?
H4nnes 4:02 PM - 7 November, 2015
I tried to map my Akai LPD8 with this, but doesn't worked...

This is what I got until now:

<midi>
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 1 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="40" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 2 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="41" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 3 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="42" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 4 A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="43" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 1 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="36" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 2 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="37" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 3 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="38" />
<Control name="Red Hammer Cue Point 4 B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="39" />
<Control name="Auto Loop Fourth Button B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="48" />
<Control name="Auto Loop Half Button B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="49" />
<Control name="Auto Loop One Button B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="50" />
<Control name="Auto Loop Two Button B" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="51" />
<Control name="Auto Loop Fourth Button A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="52" />
<Control name="Auto Loop Half Button A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" />
<Control name="Auto Loop One Button A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="54" />
<Control name="Auto Loop Two Button A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="55" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 1" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="9" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 2" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="10" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 3" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="11" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 4" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="13" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 5" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="14" />
<Control name="Sample Player Play 6" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="15" />
<Control name="Sample Player Bank A Button" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="12" />
<Control name="Sample Player Bank B Button" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="16" />
<Control name="Sample Player Bank C Button" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="23" />
<Control name="Sample Player Bank D Button" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="27" />
<Control name="Effect Master Knob 1 1" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="20" />
<Control name="Effect Master Knob 2 1" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="21" />
<Control name="Effect Master Knob 3 1" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="22" />
<Control name="Effect Master Knob 1 2" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="24" />
<Control name="Effect Master Knob 2 2" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="25" />
<Control name="Effect Master Knob 3 2" channel="1" event_type="Control Change" control="26" />

<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="40" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="40" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="41" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="41" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="42" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="42" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="43" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="43" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="36" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="36" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="37" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="37" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="38" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="38" value="0" />
</Output>
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="39" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="39" value="0" />
</Output>

<Output name="Auto Loop Two Button B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="51" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="51" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Auto Loop One Button B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="50" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="50" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Auto Loop Half Button B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="49" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="49" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Auto Loop Fourth Button B">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="48" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="48" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Auto Loop Two Button A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="55" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="55" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Auto Loop One Button A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="54" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="54" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Auto Loop Half Button A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="53" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="53" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Auto Loop Fourth Button A">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="52" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="52" value="0" />
</Output>

<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="40" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="40" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 2">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="41" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="41" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 3">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="42" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="42" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 4">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="36" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="36" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 5">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="37" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="37" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Play 6">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="38" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="38" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Bank A Button">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="43" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="43" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Sample Player Bank B Button">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="39" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note Off" control="39" value="0" />
</Output>
</midi>

Is there anyone who can help me to get this done?
Dj S.T.X -1 9:49 PM - 29 January, 2016
is there a way to set a shift modifier key for each individual page of the numark orbit?
Gonzalezdj@gmail.com 5:44 PM - 4 September, 2016
Serato dj no reconose mi controlador slate gemini
arcanearts 2:02 PM - 5 February, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm super confused by this discussion. I just want the pad lights to flash when triggered by Logic Drummer/Superior or Battery, i.e, not the Maschine software. Can anyone please advise me? Thanks in advance, Michael
Pitex 11:22 PM - 29 May, 2017
Ok
The Hydro Matic 9:03 PM - 27 June, 2018
Ok first...let me say thank you for all your guys help and tips in this thread.

But, after hours of reading and going over the thread I still dont think I got the answer Im looking for...or maybe its not possible.

Picked up a KONTROL F1, what I want to do is map the pads to ALWAYS be the "KEY ROLL" OR "THE SP6"...regardless of what my DJMS9 mode is doing.

What appears to be the problem is that the DJMS9 sends a control change when you press the MODE buttons (CUE, Loop, Sampler, Roll) which remaps the buttons to new notes and it will only accept the piano roll cues in this state.

Any ideas if this is the case?
Ed Kingston 12:32 AM - 25 July, 2018
Is this still vallid for serato DJ pro?
I'm looking at my XML file and the format is VERY different
HYDRO MATIC 12:44 AM - 25 July, 2018
Quote:
Is this still vallid for serato DJ pro?
I'm looking at my XML file and the format is VERY different

Hmmm well I was reluctant to upgrade but this maybe my tipping point...I’ll update next week and report back.
Ed Kingston 11:13 PM - 25 July, 2018
I've managed to get this working in DJ Pro. Below is the xml object that maps a the note 24 on channel 8 to the first cue point on deck 2 (they're zero indexed, so 0 is the first, 1 second).
It then turns the light on if the cue point is set

<control channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="24">
<userio event="click">
<cue_point deck_set="Default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
<translation action_on="any" behaviour="explicit"/>
</cue_point>
</userio>
<userio event="output">
<cue_point_set deck_set="Default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
<translation action_on="any">
<alias name="on" value="127"/>
<alias name="off" value="0"/>
</translation>
</cue_point_set>
</userio>
</control>
Corp Q 4:17 AM - 27 August, 2018
Hi All,
Can anyone help with XML commands to light up the Top Row of round buttons on the Launchpad Mk2.
I can edit the XML file to light up the regular Launchpad grid.
But i want to tie some samples with lighting, to the top row.
However the code is slightly different. It doesn't have the' alias values=" section i used in the "Reloop Slot' code.
See below fro sample.

Appologies form an XML beginner

E.G

-<userio event="click">
-<slot_reloop slot_id="0" deck_id="0" deck_set="Default">
<translation behaviour="explicit" action_on="press"/>
</slot_reloop>
</userio>
-<userio event="output">
-<slot_reloop slot_id="0" deck_id="0" deck_set="Default">
-<translation action_on="any">
<alias value="127" name="on"/>
<alias value="25" name="off"/>
</translation>
</slot_reloop>
</userio>

</control>
-<control control="104" event_type="Control Change" channel="1">
-<userio event="click">
-<sample_player_slot_play slot_id="0" deck_id="0" deck_set="Sample Player">
<translation behaviour="explicit" action_on="any"/>
</sample_player_slot_play>
</userio>
</control>

Cheers in advance....
CorpQ
SamuraiTheta 6:28 AM - 12 November, 2018
I just spent a bunch of time figuring this out! Find my video and More info here:
youtu.be
Nightowl 1:48 PM - 22 November, 2018
Can't really give you much technical advice. But I really appreciate the write-up It was very helpful
ErgoZ 1:56 PM - 4 February, 2019
Does anybody know is there any way to get info about current auto loop size through midi output? i didn't find any info about it. I have DDJ SR2, previous versions had small oled display with this information, i want to make additional hardware display to show this information.
nikodb 11:49 PM - 6 February, 2019
Hey All,

I have succesfully managed to map most lights and midi in, on a denon sc2000 to my liking...To make it easier to work with, i wrote several separate xmls, containing isolated midi in/out commands(cue xml, play xml, autoloop xml etc..)...

Problem i face is that when i add all that data wrote, to a single xml to contain the complete sc2000 mapping....either when it gets over a uncertain size, or a number of commands....all lights stop working.

By gradually adding midi commands one at a time since i have many midi in/out code, written on separate xmls....I narrowed it down to a matter of deleting a single command and the mapping lights up again. I did directly cut that code text, pasted to a separate xml and tested solo of that code and code is fine! Lights working properly.

Any ideas?

Cheers
nik
Diego Johnsson 3:51 AM - 13 February, 2019
Hey Guys!
I have also spent quite a while figuring things out, and i think i created an interesting mapping.

In my video you can see that i have the cue point lights matching (still working on the colors), and even control change output lighting, not just for note on/off messages.

i have also found out how you can keep your xml clean (with no doubles, ect.)

here you can check it out:
Watchwww.youtube.com

if you're interested i can post the xml file or even make a full video.

and for veterans: everything you see also works in ssl 2.5 :) i also have made an xml, and it was a loooot easier there. (i have also found out, that the red hammer command was never needed, only a second output command) but i'm a few years too late.

greetings!
ErgoZ 7:45 PM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
Hey Guys!
I have also spent quite a while figuring things out, and i think i created an interesting mapping.

In my video you can see that i have the cue point lights matching (still working on the colors), and even control change output lighting, not just for note on/off messages.

i have also found out how you can keep your xml clean (with no doubles, ect.)

here you can check it out:
<span style="padding: 0; margin: 0; margin-left: 5px;">Watchsavefrom.net style="padding: 0; margin: 0; margin-left: 5px;">savefrom.net

if you're interested i can post the xml file or even make a full video.

and for veterans: everything you see also works in ssl 2.5 :) i also have made an xml, and it was a loooot easier there. (i have also found out, that the red hammer command was never needed, only a second output command) but i'm a few years too late.

greetings!

It sounds awesome!!! Share guide and examples please!!! It can help me to make opensource project that i will share for every one with custom screen with additional information
Diego Johnsson 9:16 AM - 15 February, 2019
will do! i should be done this weekend.

if any launchpad mk2 owner is interested, here is my mapping:
www.dropbox.com

i have also included a jpg. with description.
SamuraiTheta 3:02 AM - 28 July, 2019
Has anyone ran into issues with their modifiers not working right in Serato DJ Pro 2.2.0? My "Shift" buttons stopped working and I'd love to figure out how to fix them.

Here's an explanation of the original mapping I made:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Here are the lines I'm using for modifier:
"
<control channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="48">
<userio event="click">
<modifier_1 deck_set="Default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
</modifier_1>
</userio>
<userio event="output">
<alias name="on" value="47"/>
<alias name="off" value="29"/>
</translation>
</modifier_1>
<alias name="on" value="127"/>
<alias name="off" value="0"/>
</translation>
</modifier_1>
</userio>
</control>
"
AdamWhite 12:17 AM - 27 September, 2019
Quote:

[...] Compatibility with Maschine Mk2, would be awesome, if the MIDI-lighting out -feature works?
It would be nice to get the RGB-pads on Maschine to mimick the colors on Serato DJ-cue points, without fiddling excessively on Maschine's Controller Editor-software (which I'm doing now).[...]

Did anyone ever crack this?
i.e. Is it possible to get the Maschine pads to reflect the colour of the Serato cue point?
Thanks!
bungrudi 12:37 PM - 13 October, 2019
Quote:

www.dropbox.com

You, brother, deserve a pile heap of thank you!
Diego Johnsson 2:10 PM - 22 October, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

www.dropbox.com

You, brother, deserve a pile heap of thank you!

glad i could help :)
done84 4:35 PM - 14 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
[...] Compatibility with Maschine Mk2, would be awesome, if the MIDI-lighting out -feature works?
It would be nice to get the RGB-pads on Maschine to mimick the colors on Serato DJ-cue points, without fiddling excessively on Maschine's Controller Editor-software (which I'm doing now).[...]

Did anyone ever crack this?
i.e. Is it possible to get the Maschine pads to reflect the colour of the Serato cue point?
Thanks!

Wondering about the same.

All the examples I've seen use a fixed color value for the cue points, meaning you can define it's color on the controller but not change it dynamically based on what the color is on the software.

There must be a way tho because the official controller change LED color dynamically to match the color on the software. If we could get our hands on an official mapping with that function it would be easy to understand how it works.
Angelo2019 1:05 PM - 16 April, 2020
hi,

i would like to customize my mixer DJM-S9. Where can I start from ?

do you know if it's possible to edit all the pads functions and colors and lights responses as I prefer ? If yes, is it complicated ?

thanks
luatlongphan 3:04 AM - 17 August, 2020
Công Ty Luật Long Phan PMT: Dịch Vụ Luật Sư, Tư Vấn Pháp Luật HCM
Long Phan PMT: Công ty luật sư, tư vấn pháp luật miễn phí, cung cấp dịch vụ luật sư uy tín tại TPHCM. Điều hành bởi Thạc sĩ – Luật sư Phan Mạnh Thăng.
Địa chỉ: Tầng 14, Tòa Nhà HM Town, 412 Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Phường 5, Quận 3, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh
SĐT: 1900 63 63 87
Email: info@luatlongphan.vn
Angelo2019 10:13 AM - 20 October, 2020
Quote:

All the examples I've seen use a fixed color value for the cue points, meaning you can define it's color on the controller but not change it dynamically based on what the color is on the software.

There must be a way tho because the official controller change LED color dynamically to match the color on the software. If we could get our hands on an official mapping with that function it would be easy to understand how it works.

I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to ask if the light color of the pad that matches with Serato, is something regarding the midi map or is just software/hardware related

Another thing I was trying to figure out is the "double click" function, the same used for the "instant doubles". it could be something related to midi map ?

thanks
Angelo2019 10:13 AM - 20 October, 2020
Quote:

I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to ask if the light color of the pad that matches with Serato, is something regarding the midi map or is just software/hardware related

Another thing I was trying to figure out is the "double click" function, the same used for the "instant doubles". it could be something related to midi map ?

thanks
Ed Kingston 2:42 PM - 4 November, 2020
Quote:
Does anybody know is there any way to get info about current auto loop size through midi output? i didn't find any info about it. I have DDJ SR2, previous versions had small oled display with this information, i want to make additional hardware display to show this information.

I've sort of done this by mapping a button to the different auto loops and enabling lighting. Serato then turns the light on while the loop of that length is active, if you're able to code the controller, you could pick this information up and use it to drive a screen or something similar.
Ed Kingston 2:43 PM - 4 November, 2020
Quote:

I've sort of done this by mapping a button to the different auto loops and enabling lighting. Serato then turns the light on while the loop of that length is active, if you're able to code the controller, you could pick this information up and use it to drive a screen or something similar.
Ed Kingston 2:45 PM - 4 November, 2020
Quote:

hey a bit late I know, but if you still need this I sort of have it.
I've had my autoloops mapped to buttons and lighting enabled. Serato then turns on the appropriate light for whichever loop I'm running. You should be able to use this lighting information to get information about the loops.
Ed Kingston 3:37 PM - 4 November, 2020
So an update since I posted two years ago. Back then I only had single colour LEDs lighting pads, but this year I've built myself a new midi controller with glorious RGB lighting and had hoped to get the colours of my cue points to match the colour on Serato. As yet I've not found anyone on the internet who's truly solved this - where the colour dynamically changes to match.
You can if it's enough for you manually write the colour number in the XML file, but that doesn't really work for me.

The article
djtechtools.com

is actually a pretty good write up of where this is at, and I'd recommend you just read that if you're not up to speed. The user ErgoZru posted a list of params/attributes but didn't elaborate on where they came from so they might not be legit, though I did manage to use cue_color_picker to open up the colour picker from a midi button (why is that even a thing?), and looking at Serato.exe in hex I did see "colorId" which might be a param.
I don't have anything to add to the write-up, except to point out it's dated after my forum post in July that year...

I did email support again this time and I kinda wish I didn't. After about a month, I was basically told what I'm looking to do was entirely possible, but they weren't going to tell me how to do it. Kinda felt like being told Daddy could afford my present, but he wasn't going to give it to me. The final response was:

"our software is not intended to be open source and available for use with all controllers. At this stage, we are not prepared to pass on this information."

<RANT> It really seems backwards to me that two years later none of this is built into Serato as standard. The current output lighting just illuminates the key point that you press, which is a bit redundant unless you've got no feeling in your fingers and need to be told you've pressed it. Lighting up available cue points is actually useful, and considering the XML code has been available online for two years you'd think somebody would copy and paste it. Presumably, there's an intern somewhere who can add this feature.

The idea that this protects Serato is laughable. If they want to stop you from adding features then using human-readable mapping files is daft. As is, you can find enough information online to basically build and code most of a controller. As long as you have a mixer you could add everything else, including jog wheels! So this means if you're running a DDJ-SX2 like I am, you can add two extra wheels and a button/knob for literally everything else, but somehow not having the LEDs the right colour protects Serato?
Not to mention the multitude of products that come with RGB lighting that this basically rules out. Think of Novation, and all their products, all those potential new users that aren't going to want to buy Serato if it means they don't get value from their hardware.
</RANT>

Looking forward, basically, it's back to trying to guess the magic words to get this to work. I'm probably going to resort to writing a script to generate all the different combinations I can think of because I've tried more than I can remember. If you've got the time and the inclination, please have a go yourself! A few pointers for doing this-

If you keep the XML file open, and serato open, you can basically "refresh" the mapping by loading it again. This is much faster than closing the file, delete autosave.xml, then opening serato every time. You might want to keep a known working mapping handy as every now and then it helps to check.
Serato gives two different error messages when loading a mapping:
"Error loading XML file" means there's a syntax error, for example <tag> stuff </tage>. A spelling error if you will. You don't want to ever get this
"Midi XML is not valid" means it doesn't understand the file, ie the tags don't mean anything to serato, this means the mapping you've tried isn't right so try another.

If you want to complain to Serato by some/any means to try and encourage them to release this very, very simple information go ahead. Engaging with this thread just to show you want this might help demonstrate that their users aren't happy, or if you want to tweet/send them emails or whatever go nuts. If you've any information that'd be grand!
Angelo2019 6:32 PM - 4 November, 2020
Hi, Ed Kingston

thanks for your answer and informations. I really appreciate that.

I'm trying to learn more about MIDI Map with Serato, but it's not easy to find the information about this.

1) I've read the djtechtools articles, searching and asking informations on the forum.
2) I've tested and checked the haveboard's and Unit27's mappings for the DJM-S9.
3) I've also tried to ask information by e-mail to Serato but the answer was that they don't have the support for the MIDI Mapping (very strange)
4) I've searched other stuff on google and some old posts

I checked the .exec of Serato and I have a list of all the MIDI Command of Serato, but I don't know how to use all of them

The things I know and I learned about the commands and the .xml editing are the basic: use of the modifiers (as shift/toogle), most of the standard functions and commands of Serato and how to customize the output color of te button

The things I'm still trying to learn are:
1) How to match the cue point colors of Serato when I change them
2) How to map the "Double Click" (like the instant doubles function)
3) How to assign more than 3 functions on 1 button (using the modifiers)
4) How to enable and map the "Slicer"
5) How to have a feedback light when a press an "Hot Cue"

I'm studying the .xml and the commands everyday, trying to understand more stuff, but it's not easy for me because I'm not a "software engineer".

So, if you have more informations or you could help for understanding and test more things, let know

A "new" thing that I just discovered in these days is "SysEx"MIDI Message that Serato should use to send specifics command to specific hardware. Do you know something about it ?

Thank you!
Angelo2019 11:32 AM - 1 December, 2020
I've discovered how to match the assigned color for the Hot Cue in Serato to my DJM-S9, but I need to understand more things for a complete Midi Mapping

I've also discovered SySex messages and how to monitor them, but I don't know how to use it and how they work.

If somebody would like to help me, I'll appreciate this

thanks
Backlinkthanhdo 3:29 AM - 22 April, 2021
Giấy chứng nhận đầu tư là văn bản bằng giấy hoặc là bản điện tử ghi nhận thông tin đăng ký của nhà đầu tư về dự án đầu tư. Giấy phép này do cơ quan có thẩm quyền cấp cho nhà đầu tư khi nhà đầu tư nộp hồ sơ đề nghị cấp giấy chứng nhận đầu tư tại cơ quan có thẩm quyền và đáp ứng đầy đủ các điều kiện do pháp luật quy định.
Link: luatthanhdo.com
Liên hệ: Công ty Luật Thành Đô
Kebani 12:27 AM - 24 August, 2021
.xml command is very important and quite easy, it doesn't take a lot to learn how the syntax tho.
Check this out <a href="nairagists.com
aleena 10:56 AM - 21 October, 2021
I genuinely like this is totally titanic for everyone especially for me. I direct various issues about download accounts from Facebook and YouTube. Online video downloader Facebook video downloader is on a totally key level key and these are free which would all have the choice to use with no issue.
fbvideodownloads.net
scoutember 3:57 PM - 29 December, 2021
The user ErgoZru posted a list of params/attributes but didn't elaborate on where they came from so they might not be legit.

Though I did manage to use cue color picker to open up the colour picker from a midi button why is that even a thing and looking at Serato.exe in hex I did see "colorId" which might be a param.

I don't have anything to add to the write-up, except to point out it's dated after my forum post in July that year.

I did email support again this time and I kinda wish I didn't. After about a month, I was basically told what I'm looking to do was entirely possible.

But they weren't going to tell me how to do it. Kinda felt like being told Daddy could afford my present, but he wasn't going to give it to me. The final response was:

Our software is not intended to be open source and available for use with all controllers.At this stage, we are not prepared to pass on this information.

It really seems backwards to me that two years later none of this is built into Serato as standard.

The current output lighting just illuminates the key point that you press, which is a bit redundant unless you've got no feeling in your fingers and need to be told you've pressed it.

Lighting up available cue points is actually useful, and considering the XML code has been available online for two years you'd think somebody would copy and paste it. Presumably, there's an intern somewhere who can add this feature.

-------------------------------------
stevenharowitz.com
Angelo2019 7:43 PM - 18 January, 2022
Quote:
The user ErgoZru posted a list of params/attributes but didn't elaborate on where they came from so they might not be legit.

Though I did manage to use cue color picker to open up the colour picker from a midi button why is that even a thing and looking at Serato.exe in hex I did see "colorId" which might be a param.

I don't have anything to add to the write-up, except to point out it's dated after my forum post in July that year.

I did email support again this time and I kinda wish I didn't. After about a month, I was basically told what I'm looking to do was entirely possible.

But they weren't going to tell me how to do it. Kinda felt like being told Daddy could afford my present, but he wasn't going to give it to me. The final response was:

Our software is not intended to be open source and available for use with all controllers.At this stage, we are not prepared to pass on this information.

It really seems backwards to me that two years later none of this is built into Serato as standard.

The current output lighting just illuminates the key point that you press, which is a bit redundant unless you've got no feeling in your fingers and need to be told you've pressed it.

Lighting up available cue points is actually useful, and considering the XML code has been available online for two years you'd think somebody would copy and paste it. Presumably, there's an intern somewhere who can add this feature.

stevenharowitz.com

hi,
I'm glad that finally somebody replied to this thread. I'm working on serato midi map code for years. I've read the articles about the midi hacking and I've also found a lot of attributes for the xml code in the "serato.exec" of the mac application

I've discovered a lot of things tried to understand how the xml code works for the midi map, but I've never found the way to midi map the output color for matching with the hot cue of Serato when I change them...
I've also contacted Serato to ask if it was possible to do it, but with no answer
Angelo2019 7:44 PM - 18 January, 2022
Quote:

stevenharowitz.com

hi,
I'm glad that finally somebody replied to this thread. I'm working on serato midi map code for years. I've read the articles about the midi hacking and I've also found a lot of attributes for the xml code in the "serato.exec" of the mac application

I've discovered a lot of things tried to understand how the xml code works for the midi map, but I've never found the way to midi map the output color for matching with the hot cue of Serato when I change them...
I've also contacted Serato to ask if it was possible to do it, but with no answer
Diego Johnsson 6:40 PM - 15 February, 2022
Quote:
Quote:

stevenharowitz.com

hi,

hey, i have managed to map the crossfader to any specific CC command. i am trying it out with the akai apc 40mk2s crossfader in a few days, when it arrives.

i have also found out, that if you assign 2 outpus to the cue_point_set out command, you can let them blink when they are here, and off when there are no, cue points....
but i also cant figure out how to let them light up once triggered...
it works on the rane 72, but i do not have one to try further....

does anybody know if you can access hardware specific mappings in the sdj app somehow? werent they saved somewhere?
Diego Johnsson 6:47 PM - 15 February, 2022
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

stevenharowitz.com

hi,

hey, i have managed to map the crossfader to any specific CC command. i am trying it out with the akai apc 40mk2s crossfader in a few days, when it arrives.

i have also found out, that if you assign 2 outpus to the cue_point_set out command, you can let them blink when they are here, and off when there are no, cue points....
but i also cant figure out how to let them light up once triggered...
it works on the rane 72, but i do not have one to try further....

does anybody know if you can access hardware specific mappings in the sdj app somehow? werent they saved somewhere?

<control channel="1" event_type="Control Change" data_type="Absolute 7" control="41">
<userio event="click">
<crossfader deck_set="Default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
</crossfader>
</userio>
</control>

this is the crossfader command, but instead of 41, you have to put in your own midi value.
Angelo2019 9:29 PM - 7 May, 2022
i'm still trying to understand how to midi map the output color to match them with serato and how to light up once triggered... there should be a way...
Angelo2019 9:30 PM - 7 May, 2022
i'm still trying to understand how to midi map the output color to match them with serato and how to light up once triggered... there should be a way...
Diego Johnsson 4:26 AM - 26 July, 2022
Quote:

there is a way. on the rane 72 it works natively like that.
you have color feedback and the buttons light up when pressed...
i need to find the supported hardware mappings in the serato programs folder, maybe then we could read out the mappings....

anyway: here is a midi dump for all of you;

UPFADERS:

Left Deck:

<control channel="YOUR KNOB/FADER CHANNEL" event_type="Control Change" control="YOUR CONTROL NR">
<userio event="click">
<upfader deck_set="Default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
</upfader>
</userio>
</control>

Right Deck:

<control channel="YOUR KNOB/FADER CHANNEL" event_type="Control Change" control="YOUR CONTROL NR">
<userio event="click">
<upfader deck_set="Default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
</upfader>
</userio>
</control>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------

EQ Left Deck:

BASS:
<control channel=" YOUR KNOB/FADER CHANNEL " event_type="Control Change" control=" YOUR CONTROL NR ">
<userio event="click">
<deck_eq_lo deck_set="Default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
</deck_eq_lo>
</userio>
</control>

MID:
<control channel=" YOUR KNOB/FADER CHANNEL " event_type="Control Change" control=" YOUR CONTROL NR ">
<userio event="click">
<deck_eq_mid deck_set="Default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
</deck_eq_mid>
</userio>
</control>

TREBLE:
<userio event="click">
<deck_eq_hi deck_set="Default" deck_id="0" slot_id="0">
</deck_eq_hi>
</userio>
</control>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EQ Rght Deck:

BASS:
<userio event="click">
<deck_eq_lo deck_set="Default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
</deck_eq_lo>
</userio>
</control>

MID:
<userio event="click">
<deck_eq_mid deck_set="Default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
</deck_eq_mid>
</userio>
</control>

TREBLE:
<userio event="click">
<deck_eq_hi deck_set="Default" deck_id="1" slot_id="0">
</deck_eq_hi>
</userio>
</control>
MrHappy 3:39 PM - 1 October, 2022
Hello,

I have a Reloop Ready that has various modes for the performance pads.

I would like to change the mapping for the pads but only for one of the modes.

However, when I select a mode and then rearrange the pads via midi learn, the new arrangements is valid for the pads in all modes.

Anybody managed to solve this?

Could it have to do with this setting from the .xml file?

Could it be that the "any" would need to be changed to something like "[name_of_mode]"? Have ploughed through the HEX file hoping to find something but to no avail.

Happy for any pointers.
Daniel_h_ 2:28 PM - 14 September, 2023
Is this working on Serato 3.0? I want to get my traktor kontrol F1 to work with it... when someone can program it for my use i also would pay this work!!
Edward34 9:32 PM - 4 October, 2023
Hi
Edward34 9:33 PM - 4 October, 2023
Hi
Hi
Hi
Szevski 1:58 PM - 15 November, 2023
Could you please help me with beat jump controls in my FLX 10?

By default you can beat jump 4 beats forward and backward with arrows for beat jumps, and clicking arrows holding a shift button jumps 16 beats.

I wish i could set the range of beat jump while holding shift button + arrows to decrease or increase the range.

Can you help me with that?

Thank you in advance.