Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

GET A GOOD DEAL ON A VCI!!!!

Pilot 12:49 AM - 11 November, 2008
It retails for about $899 US dollars in USA. I myself dont like to order things over the internet because electronics are fragile and I might get it lost in the mail or something. Soooo, I went online and found out that Amazon had brand new vci 300 for about $760 and I print out the statement and went over to guitar center. A lot of people dont know that 1. the prices at guitar center are not "set prices" that means you can haggle down, since everyone is based off of commission. 2. Guitar center also MATCHES any low price that you can find. However, it has to be in the continental US as well as be an American Authorized dealer. 3. If you have a legit recording studio as well as special authorized tax ID for it, you can lower your tax rate from where youre located to as low as 3%. I live in San Francisco and the tax rate is 8.5% and that is a chunk of change on top of the $899 retail.

my reciept-
VCI 300 ------------------------------- $759.99 (retail $899.00)
Road Runner LCRR case - ------ $117.00 (retail $160.00)
--------------------------Total -------- $876.99 ($1059.00)
--------------------------Tax 8.5%---- $74.54 ($90.01)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------
MY PRICE----- $951.53 vs. ($1149.01)

SAVINGS!!!! ----------- $$$197.48

-me- starving college student. PS check out the ROAD RUNNER LUCRR case.
Nejo 7:27 AM - 11 November, 2008
Hey Pilot,

I saw you yesterday in SF at GC picking up your gear, you scored on that price match because it was an error. Amazon now has it at $799 but only one unit in stock, the price you were given was what used unit prices start from - it was an oversight as the manager caught it today when I went in to purchase it for the same price.
Deejay Dumb Bii 8:03 AM - 11 November, 2008
I got my VCI-300 on ebay for $750 no tax & free shipping just more than a week ago(Oct31). I guess I got it because I sent the info on how to identify the faulty units the seller before buying it(so he can check it). So afterwards, I put in best offer and he accepted. Best price I've ever bought, and the unit was the green sticker version also. So thumbs up for the deal!
Pilot 6:04 AM - 12 November, 2008
Quote:
Hey Pilot,

I saw you yesterday in SF at GC picking up your gear, you scored on that price match because it was an error. Amazon now has it at $799 but only one unit in stock, the price you were given was what used unit prices start from - it was an oversight as the manager caught it today when I went in to purchase it for the same price.

- Nejo, were you the person buying the skb case? The price on that VCI was actually one of a new one. Amazon always.. and I mean always changes their prices. Im a frequent buyer from amazon and thats how I know. The VCI was only featured for $760 on Saturday and Sunday. I just checked Amazon and youre right, it is back at $799/new and $760/used. I quickly took advantage of the fact and print out the papers and went to guitar center cause I had a feeling it was an error.

BTW did you buy a new vci?