Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Some question!!

marcus70 8:57 AM - 10 November, 2008
Hi,

I have some question about Itch+vestax vci-300

1) Itch have History Playlist?
2) Microfone can work "stand alone" without computer in vci-300?
3) How work Auto Tempo Matching and Beat Sync? Are like Traktor Sync?

Thanks...

Mark
marcus70 3:52 PM - 10 November, 2008
anybody?? ;-)
Deejay Dumb Bii 9:04 AM - 11 November, 2008
1) No it does not have a History Playlist like VDJ/Other Products, what it does have is any played songs will come up as Orange/Yellow, and you have to go to Review Button to clear already played songs in the past. (Feel free to correct me on this).

2) NOPE,I have just tried the Mic with standalone (using AC adapter) and it does not work. It needs Itch to do the trim and EQ settings on the mic.

3) Not so great with new imported songs; I can tell you about Auto Tempo matching right off the bat, is not going to work as you think it would. You have to get the RIGHT BPM to actually get it the way you want it. So you better build your overviews and get the BPMs beforehand and keep practicing with it, then it will work as it should.
I can't get it to work right most of the time because I play 135-142BPM Breakbeats, but after building overviews and hitting tap for right tempo read, all is good.
DJ MDX 2:54 AM - 12 November, 2008
1) You can use the Review button to show what you played during your set when you are done and you can put all those songs into newly created crate for use later.

So this is a historical play list that can be saved and recalled later ;-)

2) Curious, when and why would you want to do this?

3) Can't answer this - don't use Traktor...
casket hands 4:08 AM - 12 November, 2008
3) no, it will not sync beats for you, it just matches the tempo on both tracks.
marcus70 8:30 AM - 12 November, 2008
Thanks for Your answers!!

For a standalone Mic the reason is very simply, I'm a mobile dj and usual I use the mic (e.g. wedding,p resentation,congress, birthday..) if computer crash I ever put my music by ipod (in a "standalone" line-in in in vestax vci300)..but if I'm talking (or worse..if a father's groom talk!) i must wait the computer reboot. I Know,I Know my mac never crash...but if one day crash...is a nightmare!! :-) :-)

Thanks!