Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Ability to play tracks from explorer w/o importing

nik39 2:54 AM - 30 June, 2004
Hi,

also a feature which is essential if djs share one pc/mac in the club and they want to play some tracks from a friends/dj harddisk w/o importing the tracks into any folder.
Serato
Josh 2:57 AM - 30 June, 2004
yep sounds handy.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 7:33 AM - 30 June, 2004
You can already load songs directly to the decks from the explorer. Are you asking for something different to this?
booster 5000 11:39 AM - 3 July, 2004
Hi Steve W,

there should be keyboardeshortcuts to load tracks from the explorer instead of drag and drop. Also the excplorer should be alphabetical sorted! My explorer hasnĀ“t any sorting, the folders are totally mixed!
BadCompany 4:58 PM - 3 July, 2004
booster5000: "there should be keyboardeshortcuts to load tracks from the explorer"

I agree KB shortcuts for 'import' would be great - kinda dont like dragging and dropiing the songs to the decks from the 'import' screen ( I ALWAYS forget the kb shortcuts dont work on 'import' so im always p[ressing them :P )
T-One 11:18 PM - 3 July, 2004
booster5000: "Also the excplorer should be alphabetical sorted!"

samething for me.....don't understand how the sorting is working?? prefer alphabetically...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 11:37 PM - 3 July, 2004
That's strange, the keyboard shortcuts for song loading should work from the explorer. I'll enter it as a bug report.
T-One 1:20 AM - 4 July, 2004
yep samething...the keyboard shortcut don't work from import explorer.
and what about user customizable keyboard shortcut?
Serato, Moderator
AJ 7:29 PM - 4 July, 2004
I just wanted to address the original comment which was playing tracks from a friends hard drive without them going into your library. This is already case. Our handling of external drives is very powerful, when you load a track it does *seem* to get added to the library, but in fact it does not. The song is added to a seperate library just for that drive. When you disconnect the drive, the songs are not listed on your system. When you connect the drive again, they appear! Similarly, if you now connect that drive to someone else's computer, the songs appear within scratch live without having to find or import them.

Using this powerful functionality, you can have one laptop connected to the mixer, and several firewire drives each with their own music and crates on them. As you connect each drive, their songs and crates are loaded on the fly, when you remove that drive, nothing about it is remembered on the host computer, so you never have a list of missing songs like you do in every other mp3 player out there.
nik39 1:53 PM - 11 July, 2004
Quote:
You can already load songs directly to the decks from the explorer. Are you asking for something different to this?

No, I was asking for this, but I did not realize that the keyboard shortcuts for mapping do not work on the explorer/import pane.
BadCompany 5:30 PM - 11 July, 2004
i think the KB shortcuts would be helpful for sure