Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Suggestion for Braking knob in setup menu

bubblersound 11:17 PM - 17 October, 2008
The Braking knob in the setup menu controls how fast the track stops. I would like this to control how fast the track starts up also. At least, how fast it starts up at the end of a scratch. This has a more natural vinyl effect. Many pro CD players (like the CDJ800) have an adjustment knob for this. Thank you.
Dj Kabrini Greens 2:52 AM - 19 October, 2008
Quote:
The Braking knob in the setup menu controls how fast the track stops. I would like this to control how fast the track starts up also. At least, how fast it starts up at the end of a scratch. This has a more natural vinyl effect. Many pro CD players (like the CDJ800) have an adjustment knob for this. Thank you.

+1
MoebiuZ 5:58 PM - 6 November, 2008
+2

Brake/acceleration effect for the platters is one of the features I miss on Itch for scratching. I would like this feature with 2 independent knobs (one for each platter), and shorcuts to enable/disable it on the fly (independent too).
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 10:16 PM - 6 November, 2008
Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree, a start up sensitivity control would be good too :)
Dj Beware 7:27 PM - 9 November, 2008
+4
seratosnatch 7:39 PM - 9 November, 2008
I would love a key combination for example SHIFT and some knob and one could control it from the unt, without touching the computer and setup page. Some of us may like to change it often for different feels and effects.
Boogie Down Martin 3:51 AM - 10 November, 2008
Another suggestion: I would like a brake effect if I press play/pause and a power-off effect if I press shift-play/pause.

One way to implement this would be to add a second brake adjustment knob (for shift-play/pause) in the setup menu.
Boogie Down Martin 3:52 AM - 10 November, 2008
And +5 for the bubblersound's suggestion!