Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Midi Clock Send or In - Feature Request

korpos 2:12 PM - 15 October, 2008
Not sure if this has already been mentioned. It would be quite cool to have some sort of way to sync up Ableton Live with Itch.

I think that this type of feature makes sense considering Itch is a small set-up that may be favored by those DJ's that cross the line back and forth between Serato and Ableton Live.

I know that Itch is supposed to be basic - but I think that this type of midi feature is going to be quite standard soon....Torq is implementing it in 1.5 I heard.
Serato
Zeb 10:58 PM - 15 October, 2008
There is no plan at this point to do this with Itch but there is a definite possibility as Itch is a very new product & will have lots of new features added in future releases.
As for Torq doing this? I'm not sure about that!
korpos 3:32 PM - 17 October, 2008
Check it out - even BETTER - Ableton and Serato partnering up to help the evolution of DJing....this is so cool. I am really excited to see what they have up their sleeve....

Traktor Pro is coming out on November 1st - improvements look ok, but don't blow me away by any means. I am a long time Traktor user - since the days when that was the only reputable software for a digital DJ to use...before Serato came into the game.

BUT -- I am SOOOOO excited about the announcement of this partnership.....a dream come true!!!
jayo 11:27 PM - 24 October, 2008
Quote:

As for Torq doing this? I'm not sure about that!

Yep actually they have done it already.. 1.5 was previewed early in the year with the midi send functional. Due to Torq having all its effects based on a beat grid it was not difficult to translate that to a midi send. However when it will be released is another matter entirely..