Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

MInimum Specs

RiddimE 2:17 PM - 10 October, 2008
Looking at the minimum specs for ITCH I noticed that it was higher than that of Scratch LIVE. On the Dell B120 Inspiron XP that my son uses on my Scratch LIVE the specs are just below the minimum specs (Intel Celeron 1.4Ghz / 1Gb ram), and SSL works fine. I read in another post
Quote:
tactek,
the computer specs you have listed are below minimum spec for Itch.
I'm quite surprised you are able to run it without any problems, that's good to know though.

about ITCH working with below spec computer.
Quote:

Dell B130 Inspiron XP

2GB Ram

Intel Celeron 1.4 GHz

My questions are:
Is it possible for ITCH to work on his system?
Will adding Ram help (because doesn't always)?
Or is a new laptop going to be necessary?

He is looking to purchase the Vestax VCI-300 soon and needs to know if he going to be a big issue.
Thanks in advance.
dirty_feat 6:22 PM - 10 October, 2008
the amount of ram should be fine. at least thats what i've read about the specs. but hey, a new laptop will never hurt.
nik39 2:06 PM - 13 October, 2008
It barely works on my Intel Centrino 2.16 Single Core. So I doubt that it will work okay on an Intel Celeron at 1.4GHz.
Serato
Zeb 9:28 PM - 13 October, 2008
RiddimE,
an Intel Celeron 1.4 GHz processor is well below minimum spec, so I would not recommend buying Itch with the intention of running it on a computer with this processor.

RiddimE 12:18 AM - 14 October, 2008
Thanks Zeb.
I thought more or less the same.

I was also curious about those new 1.6 GHz Atom processors 1 Gb Ram. It would only be used just for ITCH. Thanks again.
alex-d 2:31 PM - 23 October, 2008
Hi. What can you say about this configuration for ITCH?

Laptop:
Intel® Celeron® M 540 1.83 GHz (Yonah, FSB533MHz, 1Mb L2 Cache)
Mobile Intel® 940GML Express Chipset
2048 Mb (DDR2)

Will it perform well, or core duo is the only choise?
ToneDef 7:32 PM - 25 October, 2008
Just wondering is my spec ok for the job ?

Thermaltake Armor Case
Tagan Turbojet 1100W
Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme QX6850 8MB cache
X2 GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB
4GB Corsair DDR2 XMS2-6400C5 Twin2X
Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus Socket 775
X2 150GB Raptor SATA 150
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition
Samsung SM26BW 22" Widescreen LCD
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse
westell54 7:50 PM - 25 October, 2008
Should be more than good enough. Your specs are even good enough to run VSL, but on this forum I assume you're asking about Itch. With all of the Serato software, I don't even think a soundcard is relevant because I know my MacBook Pro has a garbage soundcard and with SSL/57SL/VSl, all of the sound is managed by the Rane hardware and the same would hold true for the Vestax/VCI-300.

Although I would like to add that I've never been fond of Vestax's sound quality (compared to ANY Rane products)

Just my opinion...