Serato is pleased to announce the release of Serato Scratch Live 2.4.4, the latest free software update for Serato Scratch Live DJs.
Scratch Live 2.4.4 is primarily a maintenance release to continue the unparalleled commitment to stability and performance that Serato software is renowned for.
This version fixes some important issues for users such as:
- Fixed an issue where playing files from the CD drive or ejecting a CD caused a crash.
- Fixed the Kernel Panic crashes when hot-plugging the Rane SL 4 and improved hot plugging stability across all Rane devices.
- Scratch Live can now install on Windows 8 without the need to disable Windows security settings. (NB: Windows 8 is not currently officially supported by Serato).
- Fixed a bug where video files without audio were labelled as corrupt.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't save cue points, loops or auto gain values to .mov or .flv files.
- Fixed an issue where you could get distortion when recording with the Rane Sixty-Two.
- Fixed an issue where no audio was being recorded in Mixtape when using the Rane Sixty-Eight.
- Fixed a bug with the Serato Video auto crossfader whereby it couldn't reach far left or right when set to a fast speed.
Alongside these changes to the software, there are also updated Rane Core Audio Drivers for use with other audio applications. These are no longer automatically installed when using the Scratch Live installer. Instead, they are now located in the Rane Device Drivers folder within the .dmg file. The Rane Core Audio drivers also have added support for OSX10.8 as well as some additional bug fixes.