What's new in 2.4.1
- Support for Serato Video 1.0.
Changes in 2.4.1
- Introduced support for Mixtape (for The Bridge) for the SL 1, SL 2, SL 3, SL 4, TTM 57SL and Sixty-Eight.
- Fixed bug where the VFX-1 Ultra Knob deck assigns were not working.
- Fixed bug where the VFX-1 DJ-FX effect selection knob was not working.
- Fixed bug where if the 'lock playing deck' option was on, the Thru button would sometimes be permanently disabled.
Running more than one version of Scratch Live
Installing this version will by default overwrite any previous version you had installed, however it is easy to have more than one version of Scratch Live installed if you wish.
If you have an important gig coming up, you might like to stick with the version you know until you are comfortable with this version. Here's how to do it:
Before installing, find the Scratch Live executable (by default it is in C:\Program files\Serato\ScratchLIVE, and rename it. It makes sense to name it in a way that suggests which version of Scratch Live it is. For example, if you're renaming Scratch Live 1.9.2 call it Scratch Live 1.9.2.exe. When you install the new version, the old executable will not be deleted, and you can choose which you want to run by going into that folder and double clicking on the appropriate executable.
Before installing, rename the existing application file as above (eg. Scratch Live 1.9.2) - you have to be admin to rename it. (If you aren't admin, you can copy it to another location, and then rename it.)
Backing up your data
Before you make any changes to your Scratch Live setup, including installing a new version, as a general rule we highly recommend that you backup your data and your music files. The easiest way to backup your data is to simply copy your Scratch Live folder to another location on the drive:
- For the drive that contains "My Documents" (or your Home drive on Mac), just copy the Scratch Live folder which is in "My Documents\My Music\" to another location on this drive. Alternatively make a copy of the folder where it already is and rename it by adding the date to the folder name so you know what's in the backup.
- To back up the database and crates from an external drive, copy the _ScratchLive_ folder (which is in the root of the drive) into another folder on the same drive.