Serato recognises the importance of protecting children’s privacy, and does not knowingly collect, maintain or use Personal Information from users under 16 years old. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16 who has sent us Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove their Personal Information from our records.
What Information do we collect?
Serato collects the information required to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences. Personal information is collected directly from you and other information is collected when you interact with our websites, products and services.
Serato does not sell any of the information we collect.
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual and is collected directly from you. Personal information you provide us may include information such as your name, email address, billing address, telephone number and payment details.
Serato may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- create, edit or update a Serato account
- participate in forum discussions
- purchase or subscribe to products
- download our software or other content
- activate a software licence
- contact the Serato support team
- visit our websites, and
- submit web forms on our websites
- communicate with us
You can always choose not to provide personal information to Serato, but if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or Services or all features or updates or support, or respond to any queries you may have.
Serato may combine personal information with other information that does not, on its own, directly identify you (“non-personal information"). For example non-personal information such as which parts of our websites you have visited may be associated with your Serato account. This allows Serato to provide you with a more personalized experience such as keeping you up to date with relevant product releases, content and sales via marketing communications (with your consent). If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Other information we collect
We also collect information when you interact with our products, websites and services. The following are some examples of information we may collect when you interact with particular Serato Services:
We collect information when you use our products and services. The following types of information may be collected:
- System information such as operating system, processor, and computer type
- Product information such as product/license type, product version number and hardware connected
- Error reports and performance information such as where the error happened in the software and system or software performance before and after the error occurred.
- General usage information such as features used, devices connected and length of time using the product.
Certain information that we collect when you use Serato Services is absolutely necessary in order for us to provide you with our Service, such as whether you are on a trial or full licence, what type of product/licence you have and if compatible hardware is connected. You won’t be able to opt-out from the collection or processing of this information.
Information we collect about how you use our Services (including system information, certain product information and general usage information) can be used to provide you with a more personalized experience, provide feature usage data to the products team to help improve a specific product and to improve support. Certain Serato Services may allow you to opt-out of sharing information about how you use the product or service in the setup or settings panel of the relevant product.
Serato Playlists Feature
If you chose to use Playlists, the information sent from your Serato DJ Pro software to the Serato Playlists page on our website includes:
- System information such as operating system, processor, and computer type; · Software version,
- Session name (if you named it in your Serato DJ Pro software), date start and end times and IDs representing the session;
- For each individual Track included in the Playlist IDs, time duration and percentage played, which Virtual Deck the track was on, whether track was played or not, date and tie the track was last edited and copies of certain ID3 tags including artist, track album, genre, label BPM, key, remixer, composer, year, rating, track number, bit and sample rate, file name and size, track length.
It is then up to you whether you want to keep these Playlists private or share with the Public. Serato will not share any of the information relating to your Playlist beyond what is provided for in this policy.
Emails we send you may include a technology (called a web beacon) that tells Serato whether you have received or opened an email, or clicked a link in the email.
Marketing emails we send you may be tailored based on your interactions with our websites and products. If you do not want us to collect information from Serato emails, or you don't want to receive Serato's marketing emails anymore, you can unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link within each email or by changing your notifications settings when logged into your Serato account.
Serato online advertising
Serato does not store your credit card details
Any payment information, excluding name and contact details, provided by you is not stored by us. Purchases from Serato, either on Serato’s websites or in-app, that require the inputting of credit card information use specialized credit card payment services for the purposes of processing credit card data.
For further information about these specialized credit card payment services please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and similar technologies
How Serato uses your information
Your information may be used by Serato for purposes such as:
- Enabling us to provide you with Serato products, websites, services, support or information you have requested.
- Sending you marketing, advertising, educational content, promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you. These messages may be tailored based on your interactions with our websites and products.
- Sending you service, administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you.
- Improving our products and services and developing new products and services.
- Diagnosing problems in our products and websites.
- Registering and activating your Serato software.
- Enabling you to participate in forum discussions.
- Enabling you to make purchases when using the Serato Service.
- Providing customer support.
- Conducting research about our customers and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis).
- Protecting and/or enforcing our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- If you choose to participate in the Playlists feature and to contribute your Playlists to Serato DJ Charts, we may use parts of your Personal Information to refine the Charts (for example we may take your Location to form Regional Charts, or your Genre Preferences to form Genre Charts).
Sharing and disclosure of your information
When you use the Services, we may share your information only as described below:
Service providers and business partners
Serato works with service providers and business partners that support our Services. We may work with these companies to provide services including customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending marketing communications. These companies may have access to or process your information for the purpose of providing those services for us. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
At times Serato may also make certain information available to its business partners that work with Serato to provide products, services or that help Serato market to customers. A business that supports our Services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Non-identifying or aggregated data
We may share aggregate or other non-personal information that does not directly identify you with third parties in order to improve our Services.
Links to third party sites
It may be necessary - by law, legal process, litigation, and/or request from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for Serato to disclose your personal information.
Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale we may transfer or share any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Serato is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. For example Serato websites are hosted with Amazon Web Services, which has data centers located throughout the world. This means your information may be transferred across national borders.
While no service is completely secure, Serato takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration. For example, we ensure that our third party data center vendors provide adequate security measures. In addition, your data is protected with encryption, such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), during transition over the Internet.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (in connection with the purposes set out as above).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives). then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Transfer of information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may access, erase or correct personal information we hold about you by logging into your Serato account at any time or by making a request to us in writing. You also may object to the processing of your personal information (including for direct marketing) by making a request to us in writing.
We will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet your request, we will let you know why. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
Where we have obtained your consent in relation to your personal information (such as your consent to receiving marketing communications or your consent to the placement of certain types of cookies and similar technologies), you can withdraw this consent at any time in the notifications section of your account or by changing your cookie preference.
Serato Online Community
If you have any questions or requests related to Serato's privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or at our mailing address below
Private Bag 92015
Victoria Street West
- What Information do we collect?
- Personal Information
- Other information we collect
- Serato Websites
- Serato Services
- Serato Playlists Feature
- Serato online advertising
- Serato does not store your credit card details
- Cookies and similar technologies
- How Serato uses your information
- Sharing and disclosure of your information
- Service providers and business partners
- Non-identifying or aggregated data
- Links to third party sites
- Information retention
- Transfer of information
- Your Rights
- Serato Online Community
- Contact Us