5 December, 2017
How to Win the Serato Sample Challenge
The Serato Sample Challenge competition works in two stages.
1) First, you submit your video and attempt to gain the most votes possible.
2) Then, the top 10 selected by the voting public and are judged by our panel of pros. Including DJ Spinna, Suzi Analogue and Kenny Dope. No pressure!
Getting into the Top 10 is key, and staying there for the 6 weeks is even more essential. Being number 1 doesn't matter if you're nowhere to be seen on 16th January. So our crack social media team have pulled together some tips for getting your video noticed.
- Try word of mouth. Old school, right? Tell your friends and family what you're doing and where to vote.
- Share! You can easily share your entry right from serato.com/sample-challenge. Simply find your entry, and click share. We recommend sharing it as widely as you can, using the hashtag #seratosamplechallenge.
- Upload a decent audio recording for your entry - no use painstakingly crafting a banger if we can't hear it.
- You can vote every day. So remind your mates to head back to serato.com/sample-challenge to share the love.
- Enter early! The earlier in the competition you enter, the longer your beat is on the internet. This means more time to collect votes.
- Forums. Producers and music lovers love Reddit. Jump on to reddit.com/r/seratosamplechallenge, https://www.reddit.com/r/beatmakers/, https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/ and share your beats. You could get some love from your fellow beatmakers.
- Remember, you want your video to stand out. So creativity is key!
- Most importantly, make sure your beat is fire!
English · 日本語