There are a couple of different pathways to Serato DJ, depending on the hardware you have purchased. There are Serato DJ Enabled controllers which work plug-and-play with the software, and Serato DJ Upgrade Ready controllers which come with Serato DJ Intro in the box and require an upgrade license to use DJ.
We recently put together this video explaining the difference between Serato DJ Enabled and Serato DJ Upgrade Ready devices, and the activation process involved with both. We hope this helps you get up and running quickly and easily with your Serato DJ setup.
Serato DJ Enabled Explained
All Serato DJ Enabled hardware is plug-and-play, activating Serato DJ when connected. Nothing additional is required for activation.
Serato DJ Upgrade Ready Explained
If you own Serato DJ Upgrade Ready hardware, you need to purchase a Serato DJ upgrade license either in-app in Serato DJ or on the Serato Online Store. You can activate a FREE 14 day trial in app after downloading Serato DJ from serato.com.
Serato DJ Activation Process
- Open Serato DJ.
- Expand the Online panel (bottom right corner of the screen).
- Click the START TRIAL button to start your free 14 day trial.
- Enter login details for Serato.com or create an account. Your free 14 day Serato DJ trial will now begin.
- After 14 days your trial will end and you will need to purchase Serato DJ to continue using it.
- All Serato DJ Upgrade Ready devices require this to use Serato DJ (even if you already own a Serato DJ Enabled device).
- Any Serato DJ upgrade license purchased directly in-app or the Serato Online Store IS transferrable.
- Once you have activated the upgrade on your computer ANY Serato DJ Upgrade Ready hardware can be used.
You can log into the My Serato window at any time using your Serato.com details in-app to purchase Expansion Packs and manage your activations (if you are moving between computers).