Once you've upgraded to Serato DJ you will be able to purchase and use Serato Remote - Our first App for iPad.
Serato Remote lets you see and perform all of your favorite Serato DJ functions without needing to touch your laptop. Control Cue Points, Loops and Samples. Load tracks and manipulate FX in ways that weren't previously possible. This is perfect for users of controllers that don't have a lot of hardware controls such as cue points, FX controls and looping functions.
Check out Serato Remote in action below:
Using the Record feature to record your mix is an essential tool to get your song heard.
Serato DJ can capture recordings of the mix output for most controllers*. Click the REC button to open the Recording Panel in Serato DJ. This is located in the top left hand area of the main screen.
*Recording is not possible for the Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express.
Here's a step-by-step walkthrough to start recording your mix:
- Ensure the Recording source to record from is selected as MIX from the drop down menu.
- The recording meter shows the signal level that will be recorded to disk. Adjust the recording level using the gain control to ensure that your songs aren't clipping. You can see if a song is clipping by seeing red bars in the recording meter. (For optimum recording levels, attempt to have the meter in the high end of the yellow region during the loudest parts of your tracks).
- Click the REC button to start recording. The REC button will be lit red and flashing, and the Elapsed Recording Time display will keep a count of the recording time.
- When you are finished mixing click the flashing red REC button to stop recording.
- To save the recording to disk, type a filename into the text field, and click SAVE.
- The recording is automatically placed in a crate named “Recording”. If the crate does not already exist, it will be created automatically.
- To start a new recording without saving, simply click the record button again.
Recordings can now be loaded onto the decks, renamed, and managed like other files in the Serato DJ Library.
If you want to go further and share your mix then take a look at these instructions on How To Share Your Mix.
You may want to take your sets to the next level, or you might just want to play music videos?
Whatever the reason, Serato Video is the best option for adding a powerful visual element to your sets. It's also a key feature you'll have support to when you upgrade to Serato DJ.
In fact - If you're thinking of upgrading to Serato DJ and would like to get busy with video, then we definitely recommend you upgrade to a Serato DJ + Serato Video bundle license, which is only USD199 from the Serato Online Store.
We've made it really easy to grab some free video content from Beeple once you've got the power of Serato Video added to you DJ arsenal. Just take a look over here on how to get the the free Beeple video content.
Here's a demo video of Serato DJ + Serato Video, using the Denon MC2000.
If you want a more detailed guide on Serato Video then have a read of this Beginners Guide To Serato Video Blog Post.