18 February, 2010
ITCH 1.5 is a recommended maintenance update for all ITCH users, it contains support for all current ITCH hardware, all current Mac and Windows OS, and many bug fixes. ITCH 1.5 also supports Apple Lossless audio file playback, and there are new shift functions for Numark NS7 and Numark V7 users.
You do not need to install any previous ITCH version before installing version 1.5.
Support for current ITCH hardware
ITCH Controllers with internal audio mixing
Numark NS7: /itch/numark-ns7
Vestax VCI-300: /itch/vestax-vci-300
Please note: Allen & Heath Xone:DX support will be in the next ITCH version.
ITCH Components for outboard audio mixing
Denon DJ DN-HC5000: /itch/denon-dn-hc5000
Numark V7: /itch/numark-v7
ITCH DJ FX Controllers
Numark NSFX: /itch/numark-nsfx
Vestax VFX-1: /itch/vestax-vfx-1
Support for all current OS
Mac OS X 10.6 / 10.5 / 10.4.11*
Windows 7 / Vista / XP 32-bit
Windows 7 / Vista 64-bit**
* Numark V7 drivers for Mac OS X 10.4.11 are available for download at http://www.numark.com/content258500.html.
** Numark NS7 and V7 drivers for Windows 64-bit are available for download at http://www.numark.com/content255764.html (for the NS7) and http://www.numark.com/content255772.html (for the V7).
Support for Apple Lossless files
Apple Lossless is an audio codec developed by Apple for lossless data compression of audio files.
New shift functions for Numark NS7 and Numark V7
(the DELETE button now doubles as SHIFT on the NS7)
SHIFT + CRATE = sort current view by Song
SHIFT + PREPARE = sort current view by Artist
SHIFT + FILES = sort current view by BPM
SHIFT + 1, 2, 4, 8 = Loop Roll 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1
SHIFT + SYNC = beat sync
SHIFT + 1/2, 2x, L, R = Selects Stored Loops 1-4 and Reloops them instantly
SHIFT + Track Next / Prev = fast forward/fast rewind
SHIFT + FWD - Sort current view by album
SHIFT + BACK - Sort current view by track number
Bug Fixes for all ITCH hardware
* Improved the auto BPM algorithm to be more accurate in some cases.
* Fixed possible crash for WAV and OGG files.
* Fixed iTunes library showing up thrice on Snow Leopard.
* Fixed iTunes 9 root folder and library not showing on import.
* Fixed looping display to show auto-loop value when no manual loop is active (VCI-300 and DN-HC5000 only).
* Improvements to subcrate expand/collapse code which should hopefully reduce gui lags that occur when expanding/collapsing crates.
* Fix for bug where halving a loop and then doubling the loop to it's original size would result in a loop of the wrong length.
* Improved History load and save times, and reduced memory usage. History sessions are now loaded on demand. Note: Because of this your history sessions will appear empty in previous versions of ITCH and versions of Scratch Live earlier than 1.9.2.
* Fix a crash where users with path names too long could lead to a crash,
* Fixed bug where if both decks were in continuous play mode, then continuous play would not work.
* Fixed min screen res warning on windows to say ITCH instead of Scratch Live.
* Fixed bug where you couldn't record a .wav file past 3 hours.
* Fixed songs drifting when in instant doubles in some cases
* Improved deck information text rendering on minimum screen res (1024x768)
* Fixed history algorithm to use 'added to mix' algorithm for the Numark NS7 + Vestax VCI-300 and the 'A-B' algorithm for the HC5000 (ITCH was doing a weird mix of both)
* Fixed hole in the history algorithm where playing then pausing a track with the faders closed would cause the track to be incorrectly marked as played when the faders were opened (even though the track is no longer playing)
* Fix for crash when switching Show iTunes library option
* Fixed crash on exit when recording is left running
* Fixed undesired behaviour where the offline player playback gain affects master gain when in connected mode
* Fixed offline player not connecting to the default sound card on Mac OS 10.6 when a controller is disconnected.
* Fixed crash when analyzing files
* Fixed bug where parent crates could have their subcrates tracks in them on start up
* Fixed bug where opening the files panel while on the setup screen would cause the files panel to be drawn on the setup screen
* Phantom playhead is reset when loop roll is initialised the first time even when auto-loop was previously on (so the playhead doesn't end up jumping a million miles into the future)
* Fixed a bug where BPM analyzer sometimes comes out with -1 as the bpm
* Fixed offline player possibly clipping
* Fix for bug where iTunes tracks won't show up when they have a lower case drive letter in the iTunes xml file
* Fixed search box not able to search by key, and also only being able to search by year if "search by key" is selected.
* Fixed a possible crash when using looping section.
* Fixed ITCH not being able to analyze songs in all subcrates when dragging a parent crate onto the "ANALYZE" files button.
* Fixed ITCH corrupting .M4A files when adding/deleting non-English characters to tags
* Fixed brightness of song overviews broken in ITCH 1.1, where the overviews decreased in brightness, and in some cases in size.
* Added low quality Whitelabel preview indicator to offline player.
Bug Fixes for ITCH controllers with internal audio mixing
Numark NS7 fixes
* Fixed NS7 not having a recording panel in the setup screen
* Fixed instant start option for the NS7
* Fixed scratch detection for when using keylock
* Fixed a bug where instant doubled songs' positions are initially substantially offset if one of the platters has to spin up or down to get to the equal spin rate
* Fixed bug where NS7 0% pitch led was not initialising correctly
* Fixed bug where starting the NS7 with ch1-ch2 selected as the meter mode would not initialise correctly and the master would show on the meters instead
* Possible fix for crash in NS7 looping code
* Fixed instant double tracks not lining up when motor has to go +50 to -50 and "motor torque" is LOW.
Vestax VCI-300 fixes
* Fixed VCI-300 not having a recording panel in the setup screen
* Fixed bug where rotating the platter while holding shift then releasing shift first will cause pressing shift to stop the playhead
* Fixed Snow Leopard hot-plugging issue
* A message now displays in the status bar when VCI-300 cue/play uses shift option is enabled and cue or play are pressed without shift
Bug Fixes for ITCH Components for outboard audio mixing
Denon DN-HC5000 fixes
* Fixed Repeat to be disabled on right deck when relay mode is on
* Fixed controller displays not showing "(A1" "(A2" when cue points are set
* Fixed Denon DN-HC5000 auto loop length number not displayed on screen
Numark V7 fixes
* Fixed tap button not lighting up on V7.
Bug Fixes for ITCH DJ FX Controllers
Numark NSFX fixes
* Fixed bug where NSFX FX mix was not initialising correctly on start up.
* Fixing crash on hotplugging the NSFX
* Fix for bug where Loop shift would jump twice the distance when the NSFX was plugged in.
* FX cue now replaces the channel cue when the FX are on for the NSFX - essentially, FX cue is on when the fx are on
* Fixed bug where disconnecting NSFX while fx were on could cause horrible noise in the headphones
* Fixed bug where reconnecting NSFX when fx had previously been on would apply the fx even though they were supposed to be off
* Fixed bug with the NSFX where after switching to manual tempo mode, switching back to auto mode turns the button off instead of lighting it white
* When listening to a cue source, pre-fader effects assigned to that source will be heard (post-fader fx will not).
Vestax VFX-1 fixes
* Fix for the VFX-1's latched LEDs being reversed
* Fix for latching behavior being reversed
* Fixed tremolo not working while depth knob was being moved
* Fixed flanger LFOs resetting when the depth knob is moved.
* Vestax VFX-1 working with Denon DJ DN-HC5000
* Fixed bug on the VFX-1 where switching from Echo/Delay while on Beats X1/X2 to an effect other than echo/delay did not change beats to the correct value for X1/X2.
ITCH DJ FX fixes (for Vestax VFX-1 and Numark NSFX)
* Improved crusher effect
* Fixed crusher not showing up as a selectable effect
* Improved reverb
* Eliminated some clicks on effect switching
* Eliminated clicks when turning effects on and off
* Eliminated artifacts when adjusting feedback on delay and echo
* Eliminated artifacts while adjusting the depth knob on the reverb and tremolo
* Fixed Effects GUI not showing correct time values.
* Fixed bit crusher MOD/X name - was "BLEND". Supposed to be "SKEW".
* Fix for the depth change bug - you needed to move the depth knob when selecting a new effect for the new effect to pick up the depth values correctly.
* Fixed reverser count bug. The problem was that the GUI was not in sync with the count that was actually in effect.
* Fixed Effects GUI bug where X1 and X2 note durations showed 16/1 and 32/1 instead of 1/16 and 1/32 for delay and echo.
* Fix for bug where selecting reverb, turn effect unit on and then switching to the next effect would cause the effect to not be processed even though it was active on the gui and the controller
* Fixed crash that could occur when connecting fx hardware or starting up with FX already connected
* Fixed bug where replugging an fx controller would cause half a second or so of silence ( note, you may still get dropouts on some machines on a reconnect )
* Fixed bug when engaging the crusher at zero depth, you can hear the sound change
* Made user presets for effects a lot more robust
* Improved stability of the filters