Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

windos 8 and keep stoping

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
chndler ac 2:59 PM - 6 May, 2013
Hi all

so here we go I still having issues with windows 8 on 64 set up I have even tried in compatible mode with windows 7 but wont have it at all just get windows explorer saying has found a problem

I have chatted to numark and they saying ns 6 is fine but it not when the ns 6 connected its just when I set up of crates with no device connected just in siting it up and ofcours with it doing this I cant use on road yet

I feel it by fair time you should be fixing issues by now and helping us d j that have payee for your kit

over to you
Papa Midnight 8:34 PM - 6 May, 2013
serato.com

Try ITCH, but just know that Serato does not presently officially support Windows 8.
chndler ac 9:49 PM - 6 May, 2013
Quote:
serato.com

Try ITCH, but just know that Serato does not presently officially support Windows 8.

well did come with itch and worked but dj is the new better one lol
but as yet just wont work with other of them have reinstalled all but say out of memory witch is hard as 6 gb of mem and a 1tb of hard drive ,,,,,,
chndler ac 10:23 AM - 11 May, 2013
Hi Aaron

yes i went in to pc world and got a laptop just to work for djing and so as you say over speck but with that i think should work fine ... the question is why is it out of mum when laptop is over speck ??
but i not use a external drive with it its a 1 tb drive in laptop have 500gb worth of tracks so not as yet tryed extenuate drive but can and get back to you
andy
chndler ac 3:47 PM - 20 May, 2013
Hi Aaron
well I tried Sunday at a wedding show just to run it in the back ground just to test and o m g what a night mar it was came up with program
1 had a problem must shut down
2 out of mummery must shut down
3 with controller on laptop and just reading crates went in to same as one
on doing as you say Task Manager just say disc 100 % and all it doing is reading crates

crates
witch I think is weird too as when I lode s d j up it reading them as in each m p 3 why as I have analyse them all so I think just lode them not read them all over each time
I even cheek that there in the right folder on laptop and are going by the s d j manual
so over to you
Andy
chndler ac 12:42 PM - 21 May, 2013
Hi there Aaron
I tried this and even rescreened the id3 tags and still comes up loading crates then reading tags so over to you agene
andy
chndler ac 9:38 PM - 21 May, 2013
hi Aaron
yes I have let it run till the end and even let it save but keeps doing thev same each time I lode s d j

as to laptop info I given you the link to p c world with full info on my laptop
HP Pavilion g6-2213sa 15.6" Laptop - Red

www.pcworld.co.uk
chndler ac 9:43 PM - 21 May, 2013
sorry it a 2210sa got that not right is new not a refub

www.pcworld.co.uk
chndler ac 10:54 PM - 21 May, 2013
kool i will try this in a bit and let you know a s a p the out come as you know did the v 2 but not work and I gest the laptop speck is ok as I got for the job of djing ???
andy
chndler ac 1:08 AM - 23 May, 2013
well hi Aron
some good and bad news
I did fist what you said do rebuilt the serato folder and all looked ok I put all the crates back in at once by holding shift key all went over went into s d j

Then. went in to scanning all mp3s then went in to reading m p 3s seem to stop so left it to make sour then crashed all on its own rebooted laptop restart s d j and did lode quicker and did find tracks quicker too make sour all ok I did re analyse tracks and crashed for the 2nd time each time just say had a problem and needs to close
went in to task manger and all showing that using 917.4 of mummery
I am just to try reanalyse and go from there but wonted to update you
the number of tracks is 27382 and I did all with the wi fi off
thanks andy
chndler ac 11:16 AM - 23 May, 2013
Aaron hi

I have started up s d j to day lodes crates fine and seems to sit there fine now wants did its bit and loaded ok ....
but I have tried to redo the id3 tags to make secretin all ok and I get this
1 out of mummery in going in to task manger memory was in use was1.405.9
tried for 2nd time and just came up s d j had a problem and needs to close
2 have loede s d j up and just left it sat there from 1130 am uk time.
3 it sat there fine not a hutch it fine I then did a search for bee gees ok found the 16 tracks I have in there and as I looked down the list came up with a box saying not enough storage is available to process the command
the states of the laptop mum was 919.2 mb so ok I think ????
and states of s d j was not responding had to reboot laptop

over to you
chndler ac 3:20 PM - 23 May, 2013
Aaron
well an update I got fed up with s d j and went back to itch started with a new in put as I a fresh installer of all said soft where and set it off on analyse files stated on that 1 pm now 4 20 pm and still working and I even been looking up m p 3 s as it doing it and playing tracks as we do and not bombed out so fare
so it is makes no scents at all to me can you in lighten me ............
as I not work it out
yours Andy
HELP...........................
chndler ac 1:34 AM - 24 May, 2013
well between us 2 I like to think we will over come it and get to work //////

I will finished with itch .... now had it doing tracks all day got to got to 24707 of 26655 and frozen up and had to reboot but wants to work compared to s d j ...

so I did the set priority to high and looking good but then when I looked for track found the 10 but when I scroll down the list it pings up with a window saying needs to shat as not enough mummery not shore where short
but on rebooting and put ns6 on as I say did work but come up with the not enough mummery .... over to you sir
chndler ac 11:57 PM - 24 May, 2013
well Aaron

I am getting confused her I did set to the way you said to on s d j but as I say did work but not to well reads above on opening task manger did see a lot of others things working but other then a v g and iTunes not know what too turn off ( can you advice there )

also as I did say itch seems to work a lot better witch is weird as your saying windows 8 is moor suited for 8 !!!!!!!

I still am of the thinking that we are trying to run a 32 bit program on a64 bit laptop witch it not like doing ........
here from you soon andy
chndler ac 10:45 PM - 26 May, 2013
Hi Aaron

no I think you miss under stout what I mean vi know I not need iTunes open as s d j has a tab to tick
what I was trying to say was that in 8 I did the Task Manager, right click on seratodj.exe and set as "high priority , but if you go to I think its is details then look at what is running then I have a big list of windows a v g iTunes ect witch say are running in backgrounds
the list to long to name there but gest could not be helping
chndler ac 11:11 PM - 29 May, 2013
hi Aaron I have a find looking at the task manger at start up so we can see what I can turn off at start and stop running will let you know when I have info
Andy
chndler ac 11:07 AM - 18 July, 2013
Hi Aaron

well after a large amount of head scratching I have now got windows 8 as dj to dear I say work for 3 hours with out to much agro ..
one of the problems was the soft where that came with laptop took that off with numark and a program that that looked at to we came up with the a v g and video card was the to main problems
and as I say now worked for 3 hours
so fair so good

yours andy
chndler ac 9:16 PM - 19 July, 2013
hi AAron
I hope so but the way it been going I not holding my breath I se at my sons wedding as he wont a go so will keep you up to date
just a sham I lost out on 6 month of warranty cos of it
chat later
andy