Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

High pitched siren like output after using the new Version Echo

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
vboyd666 5:49 PM - 4 May, 2013
I version echoed out of a song and about halfway through playing the new song a loud high pitched sound started being emitted through the output. It was so loud that we thought it was the fire alarm or something and not me because I turned down the fader on the song I was playing and the sound was still there. Turns out it was coming from the controller.

The effects were off and all channel faders were down. Master was up. Had to power down the controller to stop it. Turned it back on and everything operated as normal.

I won't be using that effect again.

By the way. I have 10.8.3 OS
DJ Fade Lefever 2:44 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
I version echoed out of a song and about halfway through playing the new song a loud high pitched sound started being emitted through the output. It was so loud that we thought it was the fire alarm or something and not me because I turned down the fader on the song I was playing and the sound was still there. Turns out it was coming from the controller.

The effects were off and all channel faders were down. Master was up. Had to power down the controller to stop it. Turned it back on and everything operated as normal.

I won't be using that effect again.

By the way. I have 10.8.3 OS

Same exact problem occurred for me as well. 3 seperate occasions. Any advice?
vboyd666 4:24 PM - 7 May, 2013
My only advice is not to use the version echo effect. I used regular echo effect and it worked fine.
DJ Fade Lefever 10:05 AM - 10 May, 2013
Will give this advice a shot tonight. Thx much.
vboyd666 4:55 PM - 14 May, 2013
That's the one thing that I didn't try was to turn the effects knob back to zero. Thanks for the advice. This is not something that I will want to replicate in the future.

Thinking back though, I believe that I did have the effects know turned to about 80% so that does make sense.