Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Making lyric videos, is it really this much of a pain in the ass?

nemix 10:28 PM - 26 April, 2013
Anyone know how to make some good lyric videos like smash has up.

Seemed to have found two ways, this first way seems like it would take forever in sony vegas

Watchwww.youtube.com

second way is simply just have the lyrics popup on the screen with no animations, kinda boring...There any way to do a more entertaining lyric video faster, software suggestions?
ta2423 10:59 PM - 26 April, 2013
Its all time consuming. The better you want them the more time you spend.
Hence smash saves you valuable time for money.
nemix 1:05 AM - 27 April, 2013
true, I'd spend more money/credits if they had more
XRM5 3:31 AM - 27 April, 2013
Apple's Motion might have some text presets you can just apply & use, & maybe people sell/offer more of them.
Niro 6:47 PM - 27 April, 2013
Motion is really good for lyric videos. There's a lot of behaviors you can apply to the text. But you still have to type them in or copy and paste. You'll also need to key frame them timing. I prefer, half lyric have visuals. It's with it, especially when songs take forever to come out with video or doesn't come out at all.
popnwave 10:11 AM - 28 April, 2013
I will actually admit that there have been a few lyric videos I ended up preferring over the damn released video too :(
Joshua Carl 5:13 PM - 29 April, 2013
There is actually a completely different software program some people use.
a few years ago i looked into it, now it escapes me, the name....
but there was videos all over vimeo when the software came out... ill see if i can find it
ral 5:39 PM - 29 April, 2013
adobe after effects is cool
Watchwww.youtube.com
Niro 7:19 PM - 29 April, 2013
After effects is really dope, but imo motion is easier for lyric videos. I use after effects for a majority of my edits. It's definitely a dope tool to learn, but you will definitely need a powerful computer to really get into it.
Code:E 7:30 PM - 29 April, 2013
Niro & joshua, what do you guys use for editing video mixes?
Joshua Carl 8:11 PM - 29 April, 2013
usually vegas.

but ive been dabbling in the Cs6 realm for the last few months.... tons of potential
Niro 9:29 PM - 29 April, 2013
I was die hard final cut pro, but without future support. I deleted it and made myself use premier. It was tough at first, but premiere is dope and what Final Cut Pro should have been. Not having to convert everything to pro res is nice. Also it plays with after effects nicely.
Code:E 10:24 PM - 29 April, 2013
what do you use after effects for?
Niro 1:18 AM - 30 April, 2013
For the effects
ta2423 1:29 AM - 30 April, 2013
Quote:
usually vegas.

but ive been dabbling in the Cs6 realm for the last few months.... tons of potential

Personally I think this is where its at. There are so many templates and plug ins to do whatever the heck you want with anything.
skinnyguy 2:09 AM - 30 April, 2013
How about PowerPoint for lyric videos? =P
skinnyguy 2:10 AM - 30 April, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
usually vegas.

Personally I think this is where its at. There are so many templates and plug ins to do whatever the heck you want with anything.

Templates and plug ins? Huh?
XRM5 2:15 AM - 30 April, 2013
AE has some animation presets. Plus a lot of user content sites where people just post their project files for you to mess around with. The learning curve is waaay steeper than with Motion, but Motion is really just a toy by comparison.
Dj Nyce 2:53 AM - 1 May, 2013
you use after effects for motion graphics and compositing. CS6 adds 3d support as well.

its easy in AE, but it's much easier in Motion.

Boris Graffiti does an excellent job as well.
Dj Owe 11:22 AM - 1 May, 2013
lyric video for eve - got what you need request lol
ta2423 5:45 AM - 20 June, 2013
Quote:
you use after effects for motion graphics and compositing. CS6 adds 3d support as well.

its easy in AE, but it's much easier in Motion.

Boris Graffiti does an excellent job as well.

Going to have to drop them dollars for Boris sooner or later.
newton 5:52 PM - 6 September, 2015
Here is a great lyric video that shows how lyrics can enhance the emotional effect of a music video:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Fonola 5:38 PM - 4 April, 2017
"This new template lets you create great music lyrics videos in a few steps.
Just add your images/videos, use markers to show the texts and get your animated music lyrics."

german.atipico.com.ar
popnwave 6:40 PM - 4 April, 2017
Quote:
"This new template lets you create great music lyrics videos in a few steps.
Just add your images/videos, use markers to show the texts and get your animated music lyrics."

german.atipico.com.ar

That's actually pretty neat!
Fonola 5:50 PM - 7 June, 2017
Here's the second version of the Quick Music Lyrics template:
videohive.net
Fonola 6:00 AM - 10 September, 2018
Here is the last version of the Quick Music Lyrics template: videohive.net
DJ Reflex 9:27 PM - 10 September, 2018
Cool - thanks.