Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Jump/Skip Forward Option

OG Supernatural 8:51 PM - 31 January, 2006
A Jump/Skip Forward/Backwards feature would be very useful to me. Anyone else?

Below is a copy of this conversation taken from another thread.

nik39: You mean a button/key to skip forward?

DJ-Supernatural: Exactly...skip/jump forward, with the option to set the skip time. Probably in increments of 5 seconds…up to a minute.

nik39: Sounds good. I hate using my touchpad when I am in relative mode and I want to get to a certain point of a song, and your suggestion would make skipping forward/backward easier (fast forward/backward is not a good solution in this cases, it simply takes to long until you get to the point).

DJ-Supernatural: Yep yep... forward AND backward would be great! When I use the MP4 for recording a mix and want to get back or forward to a certain point it takes forever. Not to mention having to hear the fast forward squeal.

Also, when playing out...I have wanted to use a certain part of my mix but couldn't because It would have taken too long to fast forward to the part I wanted to play.

nik39: Well, if you know in advance which certain part of the mix you want to use, how about using cue points and jumping to them?

DJ-Supernatural: Funny you mention that... I was going to address that by saying I do use the cue points but there are a lot of instances where that's not practical. Many times, in order to set the cue points, I have to fast forward.. squeal-squeal-squeal-squeal.

nik39: Quote:Many times, in order to set the cue points, I have to fast forward squeal-squeal-squeal-squeal. End Quote Lol, I was thinking about the same :)

BassChamber: yeah, i support the idea. in the last update, the only way to skip minutes within a track is using the mouse over the waveform (rel and int modes), and sometimes thats very uncomfortable
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:16 PM - 1 February, 2006
i second nominate this feature
Nser Uame 10:11 AM - 5 February, 2008
This feature could be more functional,
instead of skipping in 5 second increments or 10 second increments, which really doesnt do anything but increase the speed,
being able to fast forward or rewind by BEATS or BARS (I think 16 beats would be a good start) would be great. this would help alot for dropping mixes that sound structured, because you could get to the point you want to drop track B, rewind by 32 beats and start that track when there are 32 beats before a breakdown on track A, if you get me. it would make finding the right times to start/stop songs much more simple/quick and also address the issue of the slow rewind/fast forward
nik39 2:49 PM - 5 February, 2008
Quote:
being able to fast forward or rewind by BEATS or BARS (I think 16 beats would be a good start) would be great

+1
adb3 3:11 AM - 28 October, 2008
+1
Jump by Beats (Beat Juggling as i think its called???)

And here is how I would implement it:
Ctrl + [auto loop #] would jump back (how many ever beats you clicked) and
Alt + [auto loop] would jump forward...

easy as cake, but powerful, oh so powerful it would be!!!
adb3 3:15 AM - 28 October, 2008
crap! I just remembered what Beat Juggling actually is...
oh well, let the flaming begin
ekwipt 9:26 AM - 28 October, 2008
+ hate it when i miss the loops timing and want the beat bar before the one selected (if you catch my drift)
Nser Uame 9:33 AM - 30 October, 2008
+1
DJ Matty G 1:23 PM - 24 September, 2009
Yeah I totally agree with the beat jump. I used tracktor YEARS ago and even that had beat jump which was extremely useful!
I mean, how often have you been talking to some hot chick when "****!! I just missed the cue drop!!"
With the beat jump feature you can just wait an extra 8 or so beats then put it forward 16 etc.
This feature is IMPORTANT!
djcharles 1:40 AM - 25 September, 2009
cool with that option
+1
Nser Uame 6:52 AM - 25 September, 2009
yeah good idea actually +1
adb3 9:02 PM - 14 November, 2009
can I
+1
again???
DJ Matty G 3:50 AM - 11 February, 2010
+1
OG Supernatural 11:36 PM - 15 February, 2010
+1
J.J. 3:53 PM - 16 February, 2010
Every other software has skip by beats. In Traktor, I can program any MIDI button to seamlessly skip forward/backward to say 8 bars. In Gizmolabs RPM, skipping 1/2 beats and 16 bars is already assigned on the controllers.

Why doesn't Serato have this feature? What if I want to set a CUE point at 16 or 32 bars? What if I missed a perfect loop point, I can't go back.
susan28 1:56 AM - 11 March, 2010
wow, +1 on the beat jump. it's more than handy for finding things but also totally taking the hassle out of finding/calculating drop points.
Nser Uame 9:09 AM - 15 March, 2010
yeah
Nicky Blunt 11:32 PM - 15 March, 2010
+1 this is something ive been thinking about for a while now!
adb3 6:55 PM - 17 October, 2010
F***ing Beat Grids!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to light the fire again...
J.J. 6:54 PM - 22 October, 2010
4, 8, or 16 bar skips would be very nice. Even user defined Bar Skips. You can do some creative stuff in Traktor using a half bar beat and remix a song on the fly.

Why hasn't this feature been implemented?
Stelvio 8:32 PM - 27 December, 2012
I can't believe this feature isn't here already.
It's really convenient in Traktor to skip by bars.
deepdjdanny 2:12 AM - 4 January, 2013
+10000
AnphonicDJ 11:53 PM - 18 May, 2014
+1

2014, Beat Jumping Is Not Available... So Frustrated With My Sx...