Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

First night at a club with itch

Dj Ace 1:59 AM - 23 September, 2008
It was an ALMOST flawless nite...xcept for the fact that itch froze on me twice? i did not have anything hooked up to the emergency thru...and it took me almost 30 secs to reboot and play another song. i tested for almost 3 weeks before i was confident it wound not fail. I was djing at the hop in lakewood, ca in front of a pack club. Has this happened to anyone else? On a brighter note, no one could tell that i wasn't using turntables, the controller performs really really well and from now on i will bring my ipod!
Serato
Pene 2:29 AM - 23 September, 2008
Hi Dj Ace,
when ITCH froze could you still control it with the mouse/keyboard? Did audio output stop? Do you remember if you were doing anything in particular before it froze? Was this on windows or mac? :)
DJCheLu 7:16 AM - 23 September, 2008
Mine has never froze but it does slow down or lag sort of every once in awhile for maybe 2 seconds. Im sure that is just my computer doing something funky and has nothing to do with itch though.
Dj Ace 7:12 AM - 24 September, 2008
the first time the audio continued but couldn't move the mouse or keyboard...the second time it just froze and the audio stopped...

i have a macbook 2.1...and 4 gigs of ram. i was using keylock, instant doubles, and etc. and just as i tried to load another track it froze

also note the current track was playing and on the right side...and the deck on the left was playing out loud (fader left) when it happened both times. lock playing deck was disabled
Dj Ace 7:13 AM - 24 September, 2008
i really push the software hard...using every feature...cue, loops, all at the same time...and overall it handled like a champ