Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pioneer Rekordbox & Serato

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Shahin 2:27 PM - 3 April, 2013
Hi Guys

I am using Pioneer CDJ900s and CDJ2000s and therefore have my whole music library and playlists in Pioneer Rekordbox.

I have now bought the Pioneer DDJ-SX controller and want to duplicate my Rekordbox Library and playlists in Serato.

Is this at all possible?
If so, how do I go about doing this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
djjoefresh 10:15 PM - 3 April, 2013
Hi Shahin,

No one-click way to do this as of now. The simplest (but possibly time-consuming) way to achieve this is to:

1. Have Rekordbox and Serato DJ open on your screen with both apps visible.
2. Select all the tracks in your Rekordbox collection, and drag them into the SDJ library.
3. Create a new crate in SDJ for every playlist you have in Rekordbox.
4. Select all tracks in a Rekordbox playlist, and drag them into the corresponding SDJ crate.
5. Repeat step 4 for all your playlists.

You'll have to set cue points and loops in Serato DJ, there's no way to copy them from Rekordbox (that I know of).

Hope this helps, good luck!
Shahin 10:47 PM - 3 April, 2013
Thanks for the help, I will try it out tomorrow

If only there was a way to access playlists from rekordbox like we can access iTunes playlists directly from serato and rekordbox
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:24 AM - 12 April, 2013
Hey Shahin

Quote:
Hi Shahin,

No one-click way to do this as of now. The simplest (but possibly time-consuming) way to achieve this is to:

1. Have Rekordbox and Serato DJ open on your screen with both apps visible.
2. Select all the tracks in your Rekordbox collection, and drag them into the SDJ library.
3. Create a new crate in SDJ for every playlist you have in Rekordbox.
4. Select all tracks in a Rekordbox playlist, and drag them into the corresponding SDJ crate.
5. Repeat step 4 for all your playlists.

You'll have to set cue points and loops in Serato DJ, there's no way to copy them from Rekordbox (that I know of).

Hope this helps, good luck!

I'm not 100%sure on this, however djjoefresh has some great suggestions. Im gonna research this a little bit and get back to you with hopefully some suggestions.

Please let me know how you get on with djjoefresh's suggestions.

Cheers

Mak T
4:00 AM, 26 Apr 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.