Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato controller

aruba dj shaun 6:02 PM - 22 March, 2013
Hi peeps I've been using scratch live for about 5 years now but now more and more bars/venues that I play in dont have cdj's/decks but just a mixer or line into the main pa, so brings me to the attention on controllers e.g serato dj
Please help me decide my next step as I like how scratch live works and runs
Can I use a controller with scratch live or is that in the pipeline for the future?
Or will I need to run two program's as some places will be using cdj's and ill want to use them (scratch live)
Also what's the best controller?
Thanks for reading and hope I can decide after your comments and suggestions

Shaun
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:37 PM - 22 March, 2013
the DDJ SX is pretty much the big dog of controllers right now. I use it for my mobile events and abolutly love it.

Moving to Serato DJ from SSL is a piece of cake. I did it with no hesitation. You can switch back and forth between SSL and SDJ without problems either. Just don't have them both open at the same time.
Dave The One 8:15 PM - 22 March, 2013
DDJ-SX hands down.

You can use the DDJ-SX controller with Scratch Live but you have to have the SL hardware interface and either turntables or CDJ's hooked up to the DDJ-SX.

You can make it real easy with just using the DDJ-SX, Serato DJ and your laptop and either hook up the line outs to the DJ mixer at the venue or replace the line out from the venues mixer and connect to your DDJ-SX.

Controller and Software are bulletproof.

Good Luck
Dave The One 8:20 PM - 22 March, 2013
^
The Turntable/CDJ's to the SL Box, then SL Box to the DDJ-SX