Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Tip - Merging VOB Files (Windows XP) (merge vob files dvd decrypter)

Culprit 10:35 PM - 29 August, 2008
Let's say you are ripping chapters using DVD Decrypter from Promo Only, but you want to have the intro's it originally came with.

start -> run -> enter "cmd"
Go to the folder you saved your converted files to "cd 'destination folder'"
type "copy /b name_of_vob_file_1.vob+name_of_vob_file_2.vob merged_vob_files.vob"
After a a minute or two, the files will be merged into whatever you called the merged file name ie "merged_vob_files.vob".

I searched the forums and didnt find this tip in here. Kudos
Culprit 10:39 PM - 29 August, 2008
another tip is to seperate every Chapter you would like combined. ie 1,2 3,4 5,6 7,8 and put each of those into their own folders

folder 1 - 1,2
folder 2 - 3,4
folder 3 - 5,6

then you could go into each folder using the instructions above and just type in this "copy /b *.* "merged_vob_files.vob" and it will automatically merge all the vobs in that folder into one without you having to type in each file name.
D-Twizzle 2:39 AM - 30 August, 2008
kudos yourself, haha. :)
Culprit 6:27 PM - 4 September, 2008
hmm there was suposto be a link after the kudos to a website i found the info from.. and now i cant remember what website it was, oh well
D-Twizzle 6:37 PM - 4 September, 2008
if you use djextractor, it will join those videos for you when you rip the dvd. so much time saved with that program.
Culprit 7:12 PM - 4 September, 2008
thanks g
Culprit 7:37 PM - 4 September, 2008
twizzle, i get this error with every dvd i try to rip

"could not find any hits for desired series"

any settings i should check?
Culprit 7:41 PM - 4 September, 2008
nevermind i got it, i have to add the correct date
DJ Dan-E 9:45 PM - 4 September, 2008
djextractor works great, also if you want to change nameing convention and not use the tracks you can change that in the settings. if your unsure shoot me a pm or search this thread, i have posted the settings I use.
Mars08 11:03 AM - 25 December, 2019
I just use a video merging program called Joyoshare Video Joiner to combine videos or audios. It can merge files in the same format losslessly and quickly. Besides, with it, editing videos is also allowed. Just a share. Hope this can be helpful to you.