Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Not sure how to describe this abomination of an issue

carnage 9:15 PM - 7 March, 2013
youtu.be

The above vid starts off showing a track on deck 2 skipping and struggling something chronic. It sounds like a processor & RAM issue, but on 14secs i play a track on deck 1 which plays fine. So it isnt the PC.

On 27secs i then flick the X-fader across to deck 2 and hear how it is still struggling. I load a new track on deck 2 at 40 secs, play with a hot cue and within 9 seconds it all goes wrong again. 1.06 i flick back to deck 1 which is still playing fine. I load a new track on deck 1 and all is fine. at 1.35 i flick back to deck 2 and it is still screwed.

At 1.52 i load a new track, do hot cues rolls etc and all is fine. I then re-load the original track at 2.40 - and it is still screwed. Playing this track direct though Media Player is fine.

SECOND VIDEO:
youtu.be

This is worse!

We start off seeing a track being screwed on deck 2. Again it sounds PC related but on 15secs i play deck 1 which is fine. On 41secs i cross to deck 2 and hit a cue point and it all goes wrong again. 1.04 shows deck 1 is still fine. 1.24 goes back to deck 2 which is still struggling - i try a few things but nothing helpe. 1.40 does back to deck 1 which is good, 1.45 we go to deck which is still bad.

At 2.07 I load the original track on deck 1 (which was playing fine )to deck 2. It starts off fine, but at 2.28 i hit a cue point and it all goes Pete Tong again, Release hot cue and all is ok. More hot cues ok. 3.20 - hit hot cue 1 and it all falls down.

3.37 play deck 1 and all is ok so it isnt my pc. it all goes wrong. Then show how deck 1 is fine - so move to deck 2. some hot cues are fine but at 4.34 it all goes wrong again.

What a shower of rubbish this is. Am now glad I haveTraktor.
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:24 PM - 7 March, 2013
What are your PC Specs?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:27 PM - 7 March, 2013
By looking at your vid you PC process is like screaming in the red.

post your pc spec, maybe its under powered? or you have other things running in the background?
phatbob 9:50 PM - 7 March, 2013
Quote:
So it isnt the PC

Yeah, right.

Start a help request.

And while you're waiting for a response, load your music into the library and analyse it in offline mode.
VxJasonxV 12:24 AM - 8 March, 2013
That's not a CPU indicator, it's an output level indicator, it's overdriven like crazy.

The problem is that you're in vinyl mode and your platters are being triggered.

1) Turn off Vinyl mode
2) Turn your platter sensitivities (the tiny dials on the front right) ALL THE WAY DOWN (counter-clockwide).
phatbob 1:24 AM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
That's not a CPU indicator, it's an output level indicator, it's overdriven like crazy.

Yeah, the limiter is going crazy.

Quote:

1) Turn off Vinyl mode
2) Turn your platter sensitivities (the tiny dials on the front right) ALL THE WAY DOWN (counter-clockwide).

That's probably it. Get em down to about 10 o'clock max. Good spot.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:40 AM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:

CPU indicator located top left corner of Serato DJ under the clock.
You will notice it was pegging to the Red when the problem happens.
phatbob 3:32 AM - 8 March, 2013
That's true. There's a lot wrong with this picture! ;-)
VxJasonxV 8:49 AM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

1) Turn off Vinyl mode

That's probably it. Get em down to about 10 o'clock max. Good spot.

Totally, mine are in a very similar spot.
VxJasonxV 8:52 AM - 8 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

CPU indicator located top left corner of Serato DJ under the clock.
You will notice it was pegging to the Red when the problem happens.

Not pegged in the very start of this first video. It does peg after he loads a new track though.

Regardless, this is a problem with poorly configured DDJ-SX platters, period. The song is not chopping, because playback *stops*. Since the vinyl buttons are illuminated, that means the platters are being trigged rapidly. Dust, or perhaps the edge of his desk.