DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ableton Cue Mix

The Funky Bunch 9:39 PM - 2 March, 2013
Hello Serato,

Please provide Ableton cue mix functionality for SL3 and above. Would like the option to enable either the Aux Deck or Ableton Cue Mix.

Thanks in advance!
Code:E 9:50 PM - 2 March, 2013
Quote:
Hello Serato,

Please provide Ableton cue mix functionality for SL3 and above. Would like the option to enable either the Aux Deck or Ableton Cue Mix.

Thanks in advance!

This would be a feature suggestion and you should post it in that area. Serato is no currently developing the bridge so don't hold your breath, unless death by asphyxiation is your goal.

Also, I have no clue what the hell your trying to suggest. More detail might go a long way.
The Funky Bunch 3:36 PM - 3 March, 2013
Is there a feature suggestion forum for The Bridge?
The Funky Bunch 3:54 PM - 3 March, 2013
Code:E, thanks for the reply.

If you use Ableton by itself and have, say, an Sl3 as your sound card, you'll be able to choose different outputs for the master and cue mix.

By routing audio from the cue mix in Ableton to a channel on your mixer, you'll be able to preview, or cue, Ableton clips just like you can in a regular DJ set up.

Having this headphone mix allows me to make complete mixes inside Ableton more easily.

Quote:
Serato is no currently developing the bridge so don't hold your breath, unless death by asphyxiation is your goal.

You think? Perhaps this topic belongs in a different thread. But that was kind of my goal for posting a flurry of feature suggestions for TB, perhaps Serato doesn't know where to start.
Code:E 8:01 PM - 3 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Serato is no currently developing the bridge so don't hold your breath, unless death by asphyxiation is your goal.

You think? Perhaps this topic belongs in a different thread. But that was kind of my goal for posting a flurry of feature suggestions for TB, perhaps Serato doesn't know where to start.

Don't waste your time. I'm on this forum far too often. There is virtually no chatter about it. Serato has stated that they are not developing and honestly theres not much you as one person can do. Look at how busy and packed the Serato video area was/is over the last 3 years we have go 1 significant update, and its not even that great of an update. There is literally 10,000X more traffic in that area and still updates are in short supply.

Back to the topic of your post.

You wouldn't be able todo what you want with an SL3. the SL3 on has 3 outputs. Deck One, deck Two, and Aux. Assuming you use Aux for your ableton master out how and where would the Cue mix come out?

What you want todo can be achieved. If you run an 2nd soundcard maybe a firewire one. Or do what i do SL4. With an SL4 you can plug both USB cabled into the same computer, at that point ableton get access to the full sound card and you can route audio in and out in any which way you would want.
The Funky Bunch 12:32 AM - 4 March, 2013
Right. And thanks again for the replies.

That's interesting about the SL4. I wonder why there is a need to plug in both usb cables?

Since I have the SL3, my concept was to set the aux output as the Ableton cue mix. Ableton master output would be on decks one or two (depending on where I have the ableton transport control loaded). I'd rather forego the ability to have a 3-deck mix and dedicate the aux output as my Ableton cue mix.

As far as feature requests go, this one seems feasible.
Code:E 5:19 AM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
That's interesting about the SL4. I wonder why there is a need to plug in both usb cables?

Because of the way the drivers operate the Serato box. When Serato is running a (any) Serato Box it uses its own proprietary drivers. But most serato boxes now also can also use Core audio drivers for any audio app. Buy plugging both cables in I am using 2 different sound cards. You could do the same thing with the sixty Eight.

Quote:
As far as feature requests go, this one seems feasible.

you would think it is..... But sadly no.
The Funky Bunch 9:36 PM - 9 March, 2013
Definitely would be a great update! C'mon Serato make this happen!!