Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

VCI-300 Cases?

DJ Xio 4:21 AM - 20 August, 2008
So are there any cases yet for carrying the VCI-300?
Maybe any already in the market that owners can recommend.

I'm looking for a case or briefcase that can safely secure my 15.4 macbook pro and the vestax vci-300 just for traveling purposes.

Thanks!

nik39 10:22 AM - 20 August, 2008
I wouldn't say it's safe, but the UDG Serato Traveller Bag can hold the VCI300 and a MacBook Pro.
balonny 6:29 PM - 20 August, 2008
As a temporary solution I just bought Logic Case computer bag, easy to carry, not metal, and can even fit a lap top in addition.
DeezNotes 6:39 PM - 21 August, 2008
This past weekend I purchased an SKB case which has 3 levels of cubed foam which you can break apart to fit whatever you want. I made mine so the deepest layer is small for power cords, cables, etc. The 2nd level fits my macbook, and the 3rd (top) level fits the VCI. I guess I can take pictures if you want? It has the water proof seal, is ATA approved and also has wheels and a handle. Very well made.
bartaug 7:00 PM - 21 August, 2008
Can you post a link to on the skb site? I looked at skbcases.com but there are quite a few more ;)

DeezNotes 7:23 PM - 21 August, 2008
I tried that already. Couldn't find my case.
DJ Xio 1:07 AM - 22 August, 2008
Deeznotes, pics would be great...

Thanks!
DJ Xio 3:45 AM - 22 August, 2008
That's nice....
Where did you buy it?
I think that's a perfect case... The only thing that would be missing would be the headphones, but aside of that is perfect!

Thanks for the pics bro!
DJ Xio 3:47 AM - 22 August, 2008
I think I found yours here...
store.skbcases.com

Which one is your size though? :P
DJ Xio 3:51 AM - 22 August, 2008
Here's all the sizes and prices...
www.casesbyskb.com
DeezNotes 3:53 AM - 22 August, 2008
I got it from Guitar Center. The 1st link you posted is just for foam. My case came with foam. I'm in bed now and I won't be going downstairs to measure anything at this point. Sorry. lol

It was the only case that would actually "fit" the VCI 300... or at least the smallest? I was going for a briefcase at first, but I like the idea of having an all-in-one carry case which can secure my laptop and/or uberstand.
DeezNotes 3:54 AM - 22 August, 2008
Oh... and it was a little over $100 if that helps?
DJ MDX 12:16 PM - 22 August, 2008
That is a nice case - I really like that.

What is the model # of the case you have - that would be the easiest way.
DeezNotes 12:21 PM - 22 August, 2008
I didn't see any numbers on it. It only had the Guitar Center SKU which I took off the case. If it's on the receipt, I'll post it up.
nik39 12:38 PM - 22 August, 2008
Nice case, Deez.
cMo 2:04 PM - 22 August, 2008
I didn't realize you have the 300. Have you writen any detailed reviews?

I want one, but it's weird because I'm still not sure if I'll even use it! heh

I hate dragging the coffin around, but I love vinyl control with the 57...
bartaug 5:42 PM - 22 August, 2008
Nice case!

DeezNotes 6:04 PM - 22 August, 2008
Quote:

I haven't written up anything as of yet. I doubt I will. In my opinion, this is something you REALLY gotta use hands on and you have to see/feel it in person to truly "get it."

You know I love vinyl control, but for the past 3 mobiles I had, I used the 300... that should tell you something. The software is stable, the unit is solid and yes, you can rock the hell out of a party with it. It's gonna have to be a REAL special event for me to drag my decks out again. I'm not a full convert... I just don't feel like carrying around my 1200s all the time (especially for cheap-asses who don't want to pay).
DJ Xio 6:12 PM - 22 August, 2008
Yes,
Companies downsize employees; DJs downsize gear.
It works the same way,

I'm still looking to test it at a nightclub to give my final score.

Taking it out on its first gig today,

But like Deeznotes said, you can rock the hell out of any party with this unit...

Accurate loops & scratching gives the possibility for awesome mixing & remixing!

Quote:
Quote:

I haven't written up anything as of yet. I doubt I will. In my opinion, this is something you REALLY gotta use hands on and you have to see/feel it in person to truly "get it."

You know I love vinyl control, but for the past 3 mobiles I had, I used the 300... that should tell you something. The software is stable, the unit is solid and yes, you can rock the hell out of a party with it. It's gonna have to be a REAL special event for me to drag my decks out again. I'm not a full convert... I just don't feel like carrying around my 1200s all the time (especially for cheap-asses who don't want to pay).

DJ MDX 5:05 PM - 24 August, 2008
Quote:
I didn't see any numbers on it. It only had the Guitar Center SKU which I took off the case. If it's on the receipt, I'll post it up.

The model # should be on your receipt per SKB's website - they say the model # for replacements and warranty is not on the case it is only contained on your sales receipt so you should keep that in a safe place ;-)
DeezNotes 12:23 AM - 25 August, 2008
My bad yall... I snapped a photo of my receipt with my camera phone and forgot to post up the numbers when I got to work later that day...

SKB 3120117BC 20.5 x 11.5 x 7.5 Injection Molded Utili
SKU #6462080000 <-- not too sure that's an 8
DJ Xio 2:45 AM - 25 August, 2008
I just bought the Case at guitar center.

It's the only SKB case they have with foam... I paid $139 for it.

Works perfect with my macbook pro, vci-300 and cables on the bottom.

Thanks for the heads up deeznotes!

Also a little recommendation for you:

I don't know if you noticed but when you place the VCI-300 on the case, it's best to place it upside down, in other words, jog wheels to the back. So that when you stand it horizontally the headphone / mic side of the vci-300 is facing down ann not the back side with all the outputs....
DJ Xio 2:52 AM - 25 August, 2008
I just bought the Case at guitar center.

It's the only SKB case they have with foam... I paid $139 for it.

Works perfect with my macbook pro, vci-300 and cables on the bottom.

Thanks for the heads up deeznotes!

Also a little recommendation for you:

I don't know if you noticed but when you place the VCI-300 on the case, it's best to place it upside down, in other words, jog wheels to the back. So that when you stand it horizontally the headphone / mic side of the vci-300 is facing down ann not the back side with all the outputs....
DJ MDX 3:14 AM - 25 August, 2008
You know as I was looking at those pics I as think the same thing or even adding a thin layer of foam in between the edge and the unit it self - it look like you could bake it even because there is still room in the pic below, from my view anyway.

www.deeznotes.com
DJ MDX 3:16 AM - 25 August, 2008
Sorry about the typo's above....lol

Let me try this again.

You know as I was looking at those pics I was thinking the same thing or even adding a thin layer of foam in between the edge and the unit it self - it looks like you could make it even on both the top and bottom because there is still room in the pic below, from my view anyway.

www.deeznotes.com
dubside 3:27 AM - 25 August, 2008
how about the UDG Producer Bag?
DeezNotes 4:25 AM - 25 August, 2008
That's kinda what I wanted MDX, but I don't think it worked out. I can't remember. I would have made it even if I could, but I think the layer at the back of the unit is just one layer (the last one) and I NEED to have foam there to protect the RCA and other gizmos on the back. There isn't really anything sticking out of the front.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying Xio.
DJ Xio 5:11 PM - 25 August, 2008
Simple, in this pic:
www.deeznotes.com

flip the vci-300 around.
so that when you stand the suitcase sideways, to grab it by the handle, the front part is down and not the back part cause the weight my damage your outputs.
DeezNotes 7:32 PM - 25 August, 2008
Oh, ok. It'd be safe to say you'd want to turn the cushion around as well (to protect the output jacks that stick out of the back)? I think I like it the way I have it though. Thanks for the idea!
DJ Xio 4:00 AM - 26 August, 2008
yeah... that's what I did... jeje, turned the cushion around....

Just a thought... :)
DJ MDX 1:54 PM - 23 October, 2008
DeezNotes or anyone with info,

Would this case be too small for a 15" MacBook Pro?

Also I need to find something to accommodate my iMac 20" and the VCI-300 - any suggestions?

I have an iLugger right now that works great but if I can do it in an "all in one" that would be even better.

Thanks.
DeezNotes 2:08 PM - 23 October, 2008
I'm not sure of the dimensions of the 15" Macbook Pro. If you can give them to me I can measure for you.
DJ MDX 2:29 PM - 23 October, 2008
Here you go.

Size and weight

Height:
0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
Width:
14.35 inches (36.4 cm)
Depth:
9.82 inches (24.9 cm)
Weight:
5.5 pounds (2.49 kg)1
lakipank 10:57 PM - 28 October, 2008
What about this backpack from Vestax? Made for the VCI-100. Do you think the VCI300 fits in there??
www.vestax.de
nice140 2:53 AM - 29 October, 2008
yo i brought a small case buy a company called GATOR, some break away foam. fits nice and tight
DJ Xio 3:27 AM - 29 October, 2008
I use the SKB case with my macbook pro perfectly!
lakipank 8:20 PM - 3 November, 2008
I just bought a nice backpack for the VCI-300 and other stuff:
www.magma-bags.de

You can take all your equipment with you and go by bike or take it as hand baggage on the airplane. It is also large enough to insert a 12"(!) clubmixer or 40 vinyls.

Now, I still need a small sleeve that is exactely fitting for the VCI-300. Like this one in the middle: www.salection.de
Any ideas?
Dj Beware 10:00 PM - 3 November, 2008
I am also looking for a sleeve as above, as I already have a back pack I am happy with. I was thinking of buying a large note book sleeve. but I am hoping to find something that will protect the knobs, buttons and platters when I am travelling as a sleeve wouldn't really protect them that well. Any one else have any suggestions?
Deejay Dumb Bii 10:51 PM - 3 November, 2008
I'm using my Pioneer CDJ-800 Road runner Case to house the VCI-300 for some traveling purposes and protection. What I also did was add much more foam to the top and bottom to hold the VCI-300 securely in place.
DJ MDX 11:11 PM - 3 November, 2008
I strongly recommend keeping the VCI-300 original packaging in tact - I did not get a case for mine yet and it worked perfectly to use between point A to point B and back again.
Mr. White 1:30 PM - 4 November, 2008
Hey guys,

Check out the Odyssey case at www.pssl.com.

www.pssl.com

I don't know if it fits everything but it what pssl recommends as a related product.

DJ Jazzy Jetta
DJ MDX 5:21 PM - 4 November, 2008
I like deezenotes case better - A combo case woks much better where you can fit it all in.

I just need something that will work as a combo with a 20" iMac and the VCI-300 - that would be perfect for me.

I really like this combo together - I have not made up my mind to get a laptop or not.
DJELI TOUCH E.N.T 6:56 PM - 4 November, 2008
DJELI TOUCH E.N.T 6:57 PM - 4 November, 2008
NEED TWO LOOK IN TWO THAT CASE
DJELI TOUCH E.N.T 1:25 AM - 5 November, 2008
YO DEEZ I KNO YOU HAVE A MYSPACE HOLLA@ME MYSPACE.COM/ELI827
DeezNotes 2:48 AM - 5 November, 2008
I don't really check it that often (my boy does though). I'll still hit you up with a friend request.
DJELI TOUCH E.N.T 6:05 AM - 5 November, 2008
I GOT IT THANKS THATS WHATS UP......
DJ MDX 6:01 PM - 5 November, 2008
I think I found the same type of SKB Case to accommodate a 20” iMac and the VCI-300. As soon as I can pick it up, and if it works, I will post some pics.
DJ MacJam 6:21 PM - 5 November, 2008
I just got the skb case that deeznotes got. It's perfect! I like it cuz you can take it on an airplane and it's waterproof! Plus you can put a lock on it too! I would like to see a case that has an open front, so that I don't have to take it out of the case. I bet you there will be one on the market soon tho!
DJ MDX 10:25 PM - 5 November, 2008
Road Ready Cases is in the process of making an all in one like you described but also to incorporate a laptop - I may just wait to see what that looks like 1st.

Here is one below they made for another product. Seems promising if they can get the combo right or maybe this one one may even work.

img389.imageshack.us

DJ MDX 10:41 PM - 5 November, 2008
Actually they are almost identical dimensions with the following exceptions.

VCI-300 - DIMENTIONS : 410(W)x43(H)x275(D)

Pic Above DIMENTIONS : 410(W)x45(H)x342(D)

So it will give you a tad bit more room for the connections. I will have to compare the cut outs on the front to make sure they don't interfere with headphone and mic input.
Pilot 12:30 AM - 11 November, 2008
Quote:

I'm looking for a case or briefcase that can safely secure my 15.4 macbook pro and the vestax vci-300 just for traveling purposes.

Thanks!

I have managed to find something that fits quite nice for the vci 300 - it is the road runner lucrr case. Its slim in dimensions and padded enough for protection. I was about to buy the skb however it was wayy to thick and it is also made of cheap plastic. The skb has several layers if you like to layer foam after foam, but i just like to keep my laptop separate from the vci 300. There are also wheels on the skb so it is kind of like a luggage bag. Check out the road runner - lucrr, although it is alittle heavier, it is slimmer and stronger, but it definetely gets my vote. I bought it at guitar center and it retails for $160 US dollars.
DJ dVO 3:05 AM - 11 November, 2008
Pilot, you got any picture of the road runner case with the vci-300 in it?
DJPHLIPZ 4:57 AM - 11 November, 2008
i just got my road runner lucrr tonite, when i brought my vci-300 to get a replacement. ended up being 129.99 + tax... they matched musiciansfriend and pssl.

heres a pic...

img354.imageshack.us

i like how you can take out the foam to make it the size u want, so i took out 1 level of foam the size of the vci, put it to the left, then on the right side took out foam all the way to the bottom, to put some cables, and the ac adaptor, so i dont have to put them in my bag.

Deejay Dumb Bii 6:38 PM - 11 November, 2008
Here's my VCI-300 in a Road Runner Case that was originally for the CDJ-800 as I mentioned couple of posts above.

photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net
photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net
photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net
photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net

Fits perfectly with the unit itself. More foam was added top and bottom inside. Then laptop is added on the bottom. Works for me to travel around this small college town.
All photos above are supposely hosted by Facebook (I have facebook).
DeezNotes 1:13 AM - 12 November, 2008
That's a nice case.
DJ MDX 2:41 AM - 12 November, 2008
I am designing a case and when I get it complete and made I will share it with everyone.

I have not found any case on the market presently by anyone that fulfills what I need so I decided to design my own.

I hope it will be something everyone can use :-)
Pilot 6:13 AM - 12 November, 2008
Quote:
i just got my road runner lucrr tonite, when i brought my vci-300 to get a replacement. ended up being 129.99 + tax... they matched musiciansfriend and pssl.

heres a pic...

img354.imageshack.us

i like how you can take out the foam to make it the size u want, so i took out 1 level of foam the size of the vci, put it to the left, then on the right side took out foam all the way to the bottom, to put some cables, and the ac adaptor, so i dont have to put them in my bag.

- DJ PHLIPZ- I actually thats exactly how I arranged my VCI in the Road Runner Case. - I even did one better on the pricing. I saw that there was a slight bend on the part where you put the lock and the assistant manager took 10% off. I got the case for $117. I just bent it back with a set of pliers at home. Good Buy, u and I both.
DJTrackstar 5:49 PM - 14 November, 2008
Quote:
Road Ready Cases is in the process of making an all in one like you described but also to incorporate a laptop - I may just wait to see what that looks like 1st.

Here is one below they made for another product. Seems promising if they can get the combo right or maybe this one one may even work.

img389.imageshack.us

We returned an iDJ2 for the VCI-300 (soooo happy about that), but the iDJ case was sick! We had the one with the integrated keyboard drawer and illuminated keyboard.

I ended up buying a Roady-Ready generic case for now, but I'm hoping for a custom, 'leave it in the case' option that includes laptop storage AND a laptop stand... Come on Road-Ready-Christmas is coming up!!!

DJ MDX 2:28 PM - 15 November, 2008
I have a design in process for them ;-)
tektite 5:27 PM - 15 November, 2008
I really like the backpack for the vci100. Has anyone tried to fit the 300 in it?
lakipank 7:40 PM - 15 November, 2008
The German Vestax support wrote me, the VCI-300 fits into the backpack, but without the Sleeve.

Quotation: "Der VCI-300 passt nur ohne die Schutzhülle recht knapp
in die Tasche.
Die gepolsterte und herausnehmbare Schutzhülle ist für
den VCI-100 ausgelegt. "

www.vestax.de
Dj Beware 7:50 PM - 15 November, 2008
Anyone know where I can just get a sleeve?? I already have a backup that fits the VCI-300 and my Macbook Pro pretty well, all I need is a sleeve to protect the jogs and knobs and I am good to go!
DJTrackstar 8:37 PM - 15 November, 2008
Quote:

I'm hoping for a built-in laptop stand...the kind that slides out on rails would be cool, and laptop/cable storage underneath, and cutouts for front & rear knobs, inputs, and outputs.
tektite 9:03 PM - 16 November, 2008
@Lakipak: Thanks for the heads up. The sleeve is really the reason I wanted the backpack. I hope they put out a bag for the 300 soon.
Dose 7:49 PM - 17 November, 2008
anyone try the Odyssey FZLUC?
Deejay Dumb Bii 6:00 AM - 23 November, 2008
Quote:
anyone try the Odyssey FZLUC?

I would like to see a clear pikture of the fit!
DJ MDX 2:53 PM - 23 November, 2008
You wont be able to perform in that case. I am looking for a performance case as well as travel and storage.
Kmxorbit 6:08 PM - 23 November, 2008
I search a Backpack which fits and protects a VCI 300, a 17" laptop, a foldable Laptopstand, Cables and adaptors + extra CD's / Mp3 player storage.

That would be ideal...
DeezNotes 10:37 PM - 23 November, 2008
That'd be a heavy backpack. Be easy on your back... for real.
Kmxorbit 6:36 PM - 24 November, 2008
Backpak = 3 Kg max
VCI300 = 5 kg
Laptop stand= 1 Kg max
Laptop = 2 Kg max
Cables, adaptors, extra backup cd's : 2 kg

We talk about 10 - 13kg tops...
that's much better and then the 20 - 25 kg's per CD crate i have to carry (i've got 4 such crates) and then I don't even got the system i would like to work with...

tektite 7:42 PM - 24 November, 2008
T
Quote:
Backpak = 3 Kg max
VCI300 = 5 kg
Laptop stand= 1 Kg max
Laptop = 2 Kg max
Cables, adaptors, extra backup cd's : 2 kg

We talk about 10 - 13kg tops...
that's much better and then the 20 - 25 kg's per CD crate i have to carry (i've got 4 such crates) and then I don't even got the system i would like to work with...

The backpack for the VCI100 does all that. When they update it we should be good.
iiexist 5:50 AM - 11 December, 2008
Quote:
Here's my VCI-300 in a Road Runner Case that was originally for the CDJ-800 as I mentioned couple of posts above.

photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net
photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net
photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net
photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net

Fits perfectly with the unit itself. More foam was added top and bottom inside. Then laptop is added on the bottom. Works for me to travel around this small college town.
All photos above are supposely hosted by Facebook (I have facebook).

I'm loving this case after what you described. Definitely something I need!!
Can you give the model of this case? And/Or a link to a retailer selling currently selling it?
Deejay Dumb Bii 6:33 AM - 11 December, 2008
Quote:

I'm loving this case after what you described. Definitely something I need!!
Can you give the model of this case? And/Or a link to a retailer selling currently selling it?

As I've said it works great as the unit inside by itself, but I'm also thinking to mod the top lid on the inside to have a gear bag, to put my wires, headphones and ac adapter inside that top lid.
To tell ya the truth, I got this case with my Denon DNS3500 off of ebay around this same time in 2007. Then I googled up the case and found it here:
www.guitarcenter.com
That's the same exact one i believe so, mines didn't come with a model number. On another thought....so if I bought the Denon and Case together for 475 shipped, then i would say I got the case for 50 bucks, because the Denon around that time was $395+shipping..
Also I use the whole (bottom part) case to let the vci sit on top of, or leave it inside. And the top lid part will let my laptop sit on it beside it at an angle. When there's a table to put it on.
Make sure you go buy some more foam (just a little), or if you have some left over from sound proofing your studio, or packaging stuff. Even AC window foam sold at wally world will work, it will give the VCI a raise from the bottom or protect the top and a safe transit when you are driving with it inside the car.
jesuspend 4:12 AM - 12 December, 2008
Hi there,

For those living in Australia you could check out the 17" backpack for MAC.

www.stmbags.com.au

There are 3 compartments for this bag. One infront, for your USB hard drive; one in the middle, for your noteboob (17" or less); and, one at the back, for your VCI-300.

I have owned this backpack and on my last trip on a plane, I was able to put my MAC, VCI-300 and all the other accessories (adapters, head phones, USB drives) all into the backpack with no problem! The backpack is really solid, it could hold all the weight. The only thing is when I went thru the custom checkpoint, the officer was curious about what is that "thing" with 2 rotating plates on it, somekind of bomb???? hahahahah
jesuspend 4:16 AM - 12 December, 2008
hahaha typo, i just realize i wrote" noteboob" instead of "notebook". erm.... the STM backpack will not fit in a note"boob"... whatever it means.... hahahah
spazz 9:50 PM - 16 December, 2008
Quote:
You wont be able to perform in that case. I am looking for a performance case as well as travel and storage.

I think MDX has a good point. Of all the cases I've seen in this thread, none allows you to keep the VCI-300 in it's case, connect (without cramming the cords) and play. I want the same usability like my regular tt coffin. Opening in key areas for connecting and controlling. I think Road Ready is very good at making a case that caters exactly to the features of the gear. So I'm gonna hold out and see what they come up with. Albeit it better be sooner then later.
DJTrackstar 6:36 PM - 17 December, 2008
Quote:

Sooooooo........? What's it looking like? Prototypes? Mockups? I'm going nuts, here!
DJ MDX 12:21 AM - 18 December, 2008
I am in communication with the one of the engineers so as soon as I hear something I will let you guys know - although it being the holidays here in the states it probably won't be until 2nd week of Jan 09.
DJ Notch 8:53 AM - 19 December, 2008
Guys I've got the quick cheap fix.
Look for any three row CD case that fits your taste,
Then simply remove the two partitions that separates the rows,
WALA
You have a perfect custom made VCI-300 case.
Remember you choose it So it gotta be special !
No prob anytime!
diablodigital 3:30 PM - 19 December, 2008
Hey Guys what do you think about the Gig Skinz DGSERATO Bag to carry a Macbook Pro and the VCI-300?
DeezNotes 4:16 PM - 20 December, 2008
I know someone was looking for a backpack... I have this bag: www.goincase.com and it fits the VCI 300 (quite perfectly, I might add) in the main pocket in front of the laptop compartment. There is still room for your notebook. This is a very tall bag, so its not small, but it also doesn't have a lot of horizontal girth which is good. The construction is excellent and it has plenty of pockets. The only thing it may not be able to fit might be headphones, but I don't carry headphones in bags because that's how they break. This bag is available at the Apple store and is $99 US.
Relay 12:04 PM - 4 January, 2009
I definitely want an All in One case that will hold my 15" laptop, the VCI-300, and some cables/small harddrive.

Something along the lines of this:

us.st12.yimg.com

Being able to go to a gig, open the case, plug in audio and power....would be perfect.

Given that with ITCH, you don't really need to touch the laptop at all, the design could be made even more compact, with the VCI-300 being able to slide over the keyboard area of the laptop
DJ MDX 1:16 PM - 4 January, 2009
Road Ready should have their 1st case out this month for the VCI-300.

It is designed to hold the VCI-300 and a laptop.

More info to come as it is allowed ;-)
b-unit 5:26 AM - 12 January, 2009
I bought the ODYSSEY FZ-LUC case from PSSL and the VCI-300 fits in there perfect, I also have my MACBOOK PRO 15.4" aluminum series in there with it, its underneath the VCI, the case have cube like material in it, that allows you to customize it how you want. I hope this will help those that are mobile.
chaka 5:01 PM - 13 January, 2009
Quote:

Thanks!

You - i figured the Itch would come with its own case - but no really a big deal when i found out it fits snug perfect into any standard suitcase.

I have an aluminum one i have been using for work - now it stores the itch

www.puffcases.com
Dj Beware 9:19 PM - 19 January, 2009
This is exactly what I want.....www.soundactive.jp
DJ MDX 12:46 AM - 20 January, 2009
Quote:
This is exactly what I want.....www.soundactive.jp

That bag, IMO, is just an accident waiting to happen at the 1st bump you get.

I did not see any strong re-enforcement in there only felt.

If you bump the VCI on the the platter side into a hard surface you could crack or severely damage the sensors/platters.

I would want something stronger that just a bag - for that you could use just about any back pack.

If they allowed a hard box to go inside those sleeves it would be better - kind of like the iLugger does for its products.......as a matter of fact let me see what this would like like in my iLugger now....lol
DJ MDX 12:49 AM - 20 January, 2009
Actually it fits pretty good inside my iLugger bag with plenty of room to spare for a laptop, HD, headphones, and cords ;-)
DJ MDX 12:55 AM - 20 January, 2009
Oh, I almost forgot....

Here is one of Road Ready Cases' Design

store.roadreadycases.com
DJTrackstar 7:33 PM - 20 January, 2009
Just checked out the RR case. While not what I was expecting, it looks good. I was imagining something where the VCI remained stationary while the laptop stand folded out. 6 0f one, hal dozen of the other, as far as I'm concerned. One thing they mention in the product description is how the cables can remain hooked up. Obviously, one will still need to connect the master-outs at a gig...is there a grommet or other pass-thru on the back of the case? Otherwise it looks like they'd have to snake in behind the laptop and make a tight 90-degree bend into the back of the unit...
charliegreens 8:49 PM - 20 January, 2009
This one's quite nice I think: www.musicstore.de
RiddimE 12:41 AM - 21 January, 2009
Check out this other Road Ready Case

store.roadreadycases.com
dj pesh 12:14 PM - 21 January, 2009
I found this on some site,

www.soundactive.jp

Vestax CBI-300

I think its for the VCI-300 but not sure.
mrddyn 1:17 PM - 21 January, 2009
nice..wonder if that's coming to europe..
DJ Tenacious 5:58 PM - 21 January, 2009
Quote:
I found this on some site,

www.soundactive.jp

Vestax CBI-300

I think its for the VCI-300 but not sure.

defenately luv that case.......the best one i've seen so far
DeezNotes 10:46 PM - 21 January, 2009
I'd rather get this bag (below) than the one mentioned above. But that's my personal preference.

Quote:
I know someone was looking for a backpack... I have this bag: www.goincase.com and it fits the VCI 300 (quite perfectly, I might add) in the main pocket in front of the laptop compartment. There is still room for your notebook. This is a very tall bag, so its not small, but it also doesn't have a lot of horizontal girth which is good. The construction is excellent and it has plenty of pockets. The only thing it may not be able to fit might be headphones, but I don't carry headphones in bags because that's how they break. This bag is available at the Apple store and is $99 US.
DJ MDX 1:15 AM - 22 January, 2009
Quote:
Check out this other Road Ready Case

store.roadreadycases.com

Yes that is another one of their cases - thanks for posting that - I have been very busy lately.
Maskrider 6:45 AM - 22 January, 2009
When is this thing coming out?
DJ Tenacious 4:28 AM - 23 January, 2009
just got a message from them saying it will be available end of March but you can preorder now
Maskrider 6:36 AM - 23 January, 2009
Wow. Thanks alot I like the one where you can put your Laptop on top of the case.
DJ G-NICE 2:57 AM - 25 January, 2009
wassup guys came across this ...
i think its pretty hot ....

flightreadycases.com
Maskrider 8:11 AM - 25 January, 2009
Where can we buy this?
DJ G-NICE 8:16 AM - 25 January, 2009
flightreadycases.com

another link .... im not sure when they'll be out doesnt show the price.. hopefully soon
Maskrider 8:29 AM - 25 January, 2009
I have some marathon of my own and you can't tell the Diffrence between the leading brand except they are a little cheaper.
blueski 6:01 PM - 26 January, 2009
Anyone found a good case for sale in the UK? Looking to carry Thinkpad, VCI-300 and headphones. Prefer a bag I can put over my shoulder to a hard case.

Thanks!
soulfool 8:15 PM - 26 January, 2009
Quote:
Anyone found a good case for sale in the UK? Looking to carry Thinkpad, VCI-300 and headphones. Prefer a bag I can put over my shoulder to a hard case.

Thanks!

www.westenddj.co.uk

hi man, you could try this over the shoulder bag, looks pretty decent
kraal 3:59 PM - 27 January, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

www.westenddj.co.uk

hi man, you could try this over the shoulder bag, looks pretty decent

i actually picke that one up at guitar center
blueski 2:46 PM - 28 January, 2009
Thanks. I looked at that one but the internal dimensions aren't big enough for the VCI-300... instead went for this one, which is big enough and has a removable pocket: www.chemical-records.co.uk

Gigskinz actually market it as a laptop + VCI-300 bag. Pic here: www.gigskinz.com
kraal 2:53 PM - 28 January, 2009
sorry the one i got from guitar center was larger. holds my laptop vci-300 and speaker cords and cables
blueski 9:15 AM - 30 January, 2009
The Gigskinz bag arrived and it's perfect. Has a removable felt sleeve for the VCI-300. a separate section for the laptop and leads, and it's all decently padded and strong. Plus looks the part ;)
soulfool 10:31 PM - 30 January, 2009
Quote:
The Gigskinz bag arrived and it's perfect. Has a removable felt sleeve for the VCI-300. a separate section for the laptop and leads, and it's all decently padded and strong. Plus looks the part ;)

did you get it from chemical records, only its saying out of stock?
blueski 2:19 AM - 31 January, 2009
Yea, got it from Chemical Records. Shipping status still says same day... I ordered on Wednesday afternoon, had it by Thursday lunchtime.
blueski 8:30 PM - 1 February, 2009
Update... decided to stick with my vinyl, so the VCI-300 and the bag have just gone on eBay. Can ship in UK or EU, so bid here if you're interested -

VCI-300: [link removed]
Gigskinz Bag: [link removed]

As I said, the bag's perfect for a VCI-300, 17" laptop and headphones/cables. Only selling on eBay as too much hassle arranging return/refund.

Thanks!
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:32 PM - 1 February, 2009
blueski,

Please do not post advertisements on this forum.
blueski 9:51 PM - 1 February, 2009
OK, well, if you're interested drop me a line and I'll send you the links.
blueski 9:51 PM - 1 February, 2009
OK, well, if you're interested drop me a line and I'll send you the links.
X-Static 6:31 PM - 2 February, 2009
Very nice cases all round
But this is one i plan on getting real soon us.st12.yimg.com i like the laptop extension
Item can be purchased from these guys www.sixstardj.com
DJTrackstar 7:44 PM - 2 February, 2009
That Marathon case looks pretty sweet, but I think I like the idea of being able to carry the laptop IN the case...
DJ Tenacious 9:33 PM - 3 February, 2009
Quote:
But this is one i plan on getting real soon us.st12.yimg.com i like the laptop extension

just bought it....
Maskrider 6:38 AM - 4 February, 2009
So How was it? Take some pics by the way.
DJ Tenacious 1:31 AM - 5 February, 2009
ordered online, will post as soon as I get it
DJ ANT (AKA dj Tone Arm) 5:58 AM - 5 February, 2009
I'm going to be selling these cases on Ebay for the VCI-300. I'll sell for members on here for $65.00 plus $20 shipping.

philadelphia.craigslist.org
Maskrider 9:01 AM - 5 February, 2009
I have a feeling that the Itch Police are looking at this right now.
djfrancov 11:59 AM - 5 February, 2009
i like the one from sixstardj... is perfect for both. i wish that the part for the vci would tilt a little.
X-Static 5:52 PM - 5 February, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

just bought it....

It Fits both ? mind taking some photos for us, theres not a lot of info on the net for it and unless it can hold both nicely i will be building my own version of one.

Thanks
Dj Trails 6:17 AM - 8 February, 2009
Check this out.

www.ideastreamproducts.com

Got one for $70 at Office Depot and it fits PERFECT!!!!. If you really want to, you can cut out the accessory pockets and put some eggshell foam in there. I kept the pockets for cables, pocket drive, etc... It's secure and has a combination lock, shoulder strap, compact, and looks very professional.

The unit is already expensive enough and the mic preamp is so bad I'm considering returning it...... I have to bring another mixer with a power supply to run a mic through.
DJ.13 8:19 AM - 17 February, 2009
Quote:

Thanks!

Hellow!

I think, that Namba Cases is an optimal for VCI - 300
nambagear.com
M-audio not so fine as look
robertschon 9:19 PM - 8 March, 2009
can anyone confirm that UDL Producer Bag is large enough to accomodate VCI-300 + 15"laptop?
robertschon 9:20 PM - 8 March, 2009
sorry I meant UDG Producer Bag
www.westenddj.co.uk
DeezNotes 12:30 PM - 9 March, 2009
I don't know about the UDG Producer bag, but the Incase Backpack I linked above can fit the VCI and up to a 17" laptop.
robertschon 2:10 PM - 9 March, 2009
yes, I have checked that one before, it looks really good.
however, it's not really visible on the pics on their website but I was a bit worried from the lack of protection on knobs, faders and platters there. Seems like the main pocket in front of the laptop is not reinforced enough.
also I would benefit from more pockets.
UDG Producer Bag seems to be just right, it's got really strong reinforcement on all sides, it's purpose built to carry controllers and has got nice and spacious side pockets.
my only concern is its size, I've seen vids on youtube, where a guy carries vci-100 + laptop in it and it is just perfect, exactly what I want. Watchwww.youtube.com
in comments there are people saying it's fine for vci-300 too, but i would like someone here to confirm as well, so I can be 100% sure before I buy.
DJ MDX 12:13 AM - 14 March, 2009
So has anyone actually got the Marathon case yet?

If you have can you post pics with it - I am interested if it can house a laptop as well while in transport - that is very important to me - thanks.
johnnyl 5:41 PM - 20 March, 2009
DJ MDX,

I called six star re: Marathon case and it can not house a laptop as well for transport. I then called road ready and the one they are designing that can do that will not be out until around summer they said.

Personally, If I am going to have to carry 2 things instead of one, I am debating between the road runner lucrr (i like that it is slim, can hold cables or maybe even a small external, and i could use it for something else if end up getting the road ready one this summer) and i can buy a stanton uberstand and put it with my laptop bag that I am already happy with.....
or
the marathon case..
Hopefully there will be some reports on the Marathon here soon.

Kind Regards
DJ MDX 12:45 AM - 21 March, 2009
Thanks johnnyl.

I submitted a case design to an engineer at Road Ready a while back ago - I wonder if that is what they will put into production - if it is - it will def. be worth waiting for.

I agree with you - I have two separate pieces now so I won't be getting any of these cases I still have to do the same with.

Marathon has the right idea going so far - it just needs a little more "DJ Friendly" attitude.
roman21716 7:02 PM - 15 April, 2009
Called Road Ready and they have this in stock:
store.roadreadycases.com

Odyssey is coming out with something similar the end of this month..
DPDJs 4:43 PM - 24 April, 2009
What do you think of the road ready case? I wonder how stable the shelf is? I like the idea of it but I wonder about that sliding shelf. I know someone who is using the marathon case and is very happy with it.
DPDJs 4:52 PM - 24 April, 2009
Road Ready has a several case options. Did you see the Messenger bag, looks nice.

roadreadycases.cust.shopatron.com
westell54 9:08 AM - 25 April, 2009
Except for the color, I like that messenger bag. My concern is whether or not it actually protects it or not. Remember all the people who bought the UDG bag for the 57 that allowed the mixer to get all scratched up. The biggest concern for me with the VCI is the fader and pitch knobs either getting bent, or broken. From what I noticed when I demoed it at GC, the rotary knobs look pretty durable to resist downward pressure. I'm looking at the Road Ready flight cases and some others too, but what about that one time you just want to be able to put it in a backpack with your laptop and some headphones. A flight case would be too inconvenient at that point. Eventually one of these companies will come up with a pretty useful design, but right now it seems like most folks are coming up with their own solutions. I don't know about that sliding tray concept because every photo I've seen of it seems to obstruct the top section where your pitch faders and other control knobs go. I wonder if the tray comes out enough for you to clearly see everything, and then stability is also an issue because the VCI isn't a lightweight for it's size. The other options I've seen so far work for protection but some aren't useable and you have to take it out to use it. The others just seem like they would be too bulky. Then again, I guess it still beats carrying two decks and a mixer...
soulfool 4:25 AM - 26 April, 2009
hey dude,

im using the gig skinz messanger bag from the road ready website, except i purchased it from chemical records.

Bag is handy for my purposes, i play same local club every week so i'm not travelling any real distance, dont think this bag would be safe for loads travelling ie to many knocks n bumps, but is pretty good for carrying short distance.

Got the vci 300 and my lappy in there and all is fairly safe, like i said if i was travellin a bit think i would opt for flight case.
DPDJs 1:45 PM - 26 April, 2009
Interesting, the Road Ready case with the sliding shelf is no longer on the website?
westell54 3:16 AM - 27 April, 2009
soulfool, how long have you had your VCI-300 and the case? Have you noticed ANY areas where the the VCI-300 is beginning to show signs of wear at all?
DeViL303 12:27 AM - 11 May, 2009
hi,Not sure if any of you would be interested in somehting like this but here goes anyway.Ive tried a different approach to the vci300 case,mine is not as mobile as everyone elses ideas but extremely rugged and definitly built to last (I can lift it no problem just not as handy as say a , backpack or similar).When I started I decided I wanted everything in one box ,already setup and wired up inside so it just had one external power cable and one audio cable to plug into whatever system might be available , under 3 min setup basically.I made my case using a 6u l-rack case, it has 1u mini itx pc in the middle (core2duo 2ghz, 4gb ram) a 2u drawer in the bottom which holds the vci300 encased in flight case foam and a 22" acer monitor on top. My case is only about 75% finished as im waiting on some parts but it is up and running!when its finished it will also have a power monitor\conditioner,2 dvd drives for cd mixin, and gooseneck lights built in.also hoping to put in a 1u drawer for headphones .flash drives etc, here is some of the components i used so far:

www.westenddj.co.uk :)
www.thomann.de
www.xcase.co.uk
cgi.ebay.co.uk
cgi.ebay.co.uk

small video of it here rapidshare.com

Must mention i have not had a single problem with the vci300 or itch, really is a great piece of kit and software.
DeViL303 12:46 AM - 11 May, 2009
I definitly recommend using a small pc instead of a laptop for running itch.ive not had a bit of bother with mine except when ive used it with laptops. considering putting a 1u amp for my booth\monitor speakers into the case aswell,the screen fits up inside the lid so still have 6u of space to work with.im sure someone could build a lighter version into 4u case .heres a vid of it at an earlier stage before 22" monitor was fitted rapidshare.com .BTW had to mount monitor upside down and rotate desktop by 180degrees to get the viewing angle acceptable
dj king g 9:58 AM - 12 May, 2009
I bought a briefcase on ebay for 35 bucks ripped out the accessory pockets and glued in some foam i had from other mixer cases. Good briefcase cause it has a strap so it holds the vci 300 in place. I pretty much take this everywhere when i take it out cause i also use the case to higher the vci. I also have a gig on tuesdays right down the street and its a small and i mean small booth. So i just take my headliner dj bag and put it in carefully and my laptop. Everything is still in the bag like headphones hard drive ext. Its a perfect fit will feel tight but it fits good. I bought a 17 inch neoprene case to put it in so i can pack it in and have extra padding. But it does fit in the big but like soulfool wrote dont recommend it for traveling. Just something to and from. Here are some pics.

www.flickr.com
westell54 8:43 AM - 13 May, 2009
Hey all,

I just picked up a UDG Creator bag today because I thought that it would fit the VCI-300 but it didn't. Well, at least not like I thought it would. Has anyone had any luck with this case? I don't want to butcher it up to make it fit so, any suggestions would be helpful. I'm not to interested in a hard flight case right now because I'm looking for an all-in-one portable fix to carry my laptop, VCI-300, headphones, etc... I heard about the producer bag but I've only seen the VCI-100 installed in it and the video I saw had a busted up unit and I didn't know if that damaged was user neglect, or from the bag.
DeezNotes 7:57 PM - 13 May, 2009
My incase backpack fits it well. I've used it a few times instead of the SKB case. Links are above.
Hoothoot 9:44 PM - 13 May, 2009
I have the UDG Producer bag and it works perfect for me,the 300 fits nice and tight so protection is good and theres loads of pockets for headphones,cables,hardrive and has a neat pocket for cd"s which are always handy to carry for emergencys.

Defo recommend it 10/10
J-Reign 2:58 AM - 14 May, 2009
My friend gave me the UDG Creator bag and I was able to fit a VCI-300. a VCI-100 and my 12 inch tablet PC w/sleeve, cables, HD and headphones fine. You gotta pull up the zipper as you close it because the VCI-300's corners are a bit in the way. As for protection for the VCI-300, the bag has gotta be compacted so it doesn't move around. Not the best bag for this purpose. I'm torn between the Incase BP Deez mentioned and the Namba studio bag.
MikeRizzy 3:27 AM - 14 May, 2009
Deez, In the Incase bag are the faders and pitch sliders safe from being pulled off or snagged?
Phil Moonface Thompson 6:01 AM - 14 May, 2009
I feel i need a hard case that is very tight around the vci300.. so tight its just hard sleeve protection... then i can fit that into any other case.. as sometimes i will just want it in my back back if im playing local in the UK.. or if im flying then i can fit it into a bag just small enough to take into the cabin on flights.. but big enough to carry everything in one trolly wheely bag... like a UDG trolly bag.. but the right shape.. as none are. When i travel i had to check anything in.. i like to be on and off.. and no worries about missed gear.. so any ideas welcome.. i have read and looked at all above suggestions..

I have the Serato creator back pack and think its not much cop.. weird shape.. and not at all comfortable on your back.. so crap for running through airports and does not really fit the 300.. thats why i want to find a trolly bag that fit all..

ive been hunting and hunting online.. and time is running out before my first Int. gig.

trouble is shopping on the internet is a risk as you cant really tell what the inside of bags are like.. and only some sites give good pictures and internal dimensions..

there sure is a big gap in the market for kit protection.. and i mean propper kit protection.. and i dont mind paying good money for something very good...
DeezNotes 12:58 PM - 14 May, 2009
There's padding in the incase bag. I saw a video of it a while back of some dude opening it all the way up and stuff. I feel safe with it in there, but I wouldn't let a truck run over it in the backpack. The padding on the incase bags are typically a bit thicker & stronger than the average $20 backpack. I have 2 of their bags and I just wish I could design my own (for size and comfort). As for durability they are top notch IMO.
dj-neosoul2go 10:58 PM - 17 May, 2009
Anyone seen this:

nambagear.com

Sounds like it has been made for the VCI-300!
westell54 7:34 AM - 18 May, 2009
Man, I'm tired of wasting money on yet another bag/case that just doesn't do it. I think what would really help is for manufacturers to show the product in the case with maybe an accompanied video of it. Deeznotes example with the SKB case is a good one that comes to mind right now, and since he doesn't work for the company, it makes it a lot more credible information to base your purchase on. Road Ready almost got it right but, even with flight case model, I just kept wondering what happens if you turn it upside down? Does the VCI-300 come out of place and get all scratched up? Soft cases offer no guarantee that you will have all of your knobs and switches in tact once you arrive at your event, but flight cases force you to deal with the bulk and weight of having to carry one case per item. Every manufacturer seems to be selling their product for the VCI-300 based on the theory that if a 17" laptop, then it will fit the VCI-300 (Road Ready). My VCI-300 fits in the creator bag kind of snug but it works for now, that is until I try to carry it on a plane and it might not fit (can anyone vouch for this). I need one case that is a quick and useful A-B lugger, and then another one for the more permanent bullet proof solution but it needs to be useable out of the hard case as well.

My 2 cents.
kraal 11:54 AM - 18 May, 2009
thing is numark got it right by designing thier own case until that happens all other companies are just guessing while making a case. and they sort of are following the universal format so someone with out a vci-300 might use their case also
dj-neosoul2go 10:34 PM - 18 May, 2009
@ westell54

Hey man, I know what you mean about wasting more money on yet another bag, just thought the bag 'might' be of some interest to some people. I seem to have a collection of bags for all sorts of things accumulated over the years... never throw them out, just in case (no pun intended!).

Having read this thread again I have just realized I have the Incase bag DeezNotes mentions above! If of interest to the forum I can take a few photos with the VCI-300 inside. There is a bit of room around the faders etc that 'should' prevent damage.

However, I have to say I think I have an alternative solution with an old roller bag I have I bought for a laptop a couple of years back. It is a Kensington Contour Roller (see here us.kensington.com). Again, if any interest, happy to post some photos!
westell54 12:23 AM - 19 May, 2009
dj-neosoul2go

I don't want you to think I was bashing your post. I think it would be cool if you posted up some photos of both bags that you mentioned. I just got through going through this same discussion with Road Ready over the case that they claim fits the DN-S3700. It doesn't fit if anyone wants to know. They suggest a mod by cutting the foam. I suggested to them that they tell people this up front before they spend their money and then people can just wait until they fix it on their end. I contacted UDG about the creator bag and the VCI-300 and they are supposed to get back with me after they do some fit tests to tell me which one fits correctly. We'll see how that goes. It's one thing if you buy a few cheaper bags over the years, but these things being sold nowadays ain't cheap. Most people can't afford to buy a Road Ready case, a UDG Creator Bag, and then turn around and have to buy a UDG Producer Bag when none of them will quite do the trick. Whoooh! OK, I feel a little better now...
Phil Moonface Thompson 6:09 AM - 19 May, 2009
think i have sussed it... i got a maplins (UK) cheap tool / camera case that comes with foam you can cut down. Only £30

Ive taken it apart by drilling off the corner rivets and now cut the sides down on the bottom about 30mm, used some very good quality bonding glue and riveted /bonded it back together. Then cut the lid down the same buy taking all rivets and corners apart. Lost another 15mm off the lid sides and then re riveted and bonded all back together..

took about 3 hours to do..

Now i have a very slim line hard case skin and the vci fits very snug as a bug in a rug with about 10-15mm of foam protecting it along with the metal (ally) cover hardboard skin... i took the feet off and now the external dimensions are approx 45mm x 330mm x 95mm deep..

this now will fit in most on board flight bag with wheels, or i can use it with a shoulder strap that i took off another x bag i wasted money on years ago.

if i knew how to post pictures i would..

www.maplin.co.uk

BINGO>>> cheap.. not to posh looking.. medium protection if your careful and now i can hide it other bags with out a worry..
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:10 AM - 17 June, 2009
bump anyone purchase any hard case with the laptop shelf?
can you comment or post pics in use? thanks!
dr pokoly 6:45 AM - 25 June, 2009
i was at my local dj equipment shop the other day and I was asking about the UDG producers bag to hold a laptop/vci-300 and they told me that I should wait because Vestax was going to come out with an official bag and sleeve.

Has anyone heard anything about this from Vestax?

Quote:
The German Vestax support wrote me, the VCI-300 fits into the backpack, but without the Sleeve.

in die Tasche.
den VCI-100 ausgelegt. "

www.vestax.de
Maskrider 7:01 AM - 26 June, 2009
Now I'm confuse on what to get....lol
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:01 AM - 28 June, 2009
well i ordered the odyssey case

www.odysseygear.com

gonna use the sliding keyboard for my ext hd and maybe a wireless mic
Maskrider 5:31 PM - 28 June, 2009
How much was it?
DPDJs 1:05 AM - 29 June, 2009
DJ_X_Trodinaire, Please let us know how you like that case, thanks.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:04 AM - 29 June, 2009
it was around 199

its coming from california so it might take a while :(
iNBiTuiN 4:32 AM - 29 June, 2009
the Odyssey one looks good but the Marathon kicks @ss especially for the price...

check these out...

<a href="cgi.ebay.com|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50">MARATHON FLIGHT READY MA-VCIBLK VESTAX VCI-300 CASE
</a>
<a href="cgi.ebay.com|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50">MARATHON FLIGHT READY MA-VCILTBLK VESTAX VCI-300 CASE
</a>

I'm looking to get one of these so please leave one out for me :D
Maskrider 5:17 AM - 29 June, 2009
It's cheaper here:

www.sixstardj.com
dr pokoly 9:29 AM - 29 June, 2009
i found some info (unfortaunately in German).

It looks legit, but then when I checked www.vestax.de they only have a backpack and sleeve for the VCI-100.

Has anyone picked up an offical VCI-300 backpack/sleeve from Vestax??

www.musikland-online.de

and

www.musicstore.de

Quote:
i was at my local dj equipment shop the other day and I was asking about the UDG producers bag to hold a laptop/vci-300 and they told me that I should wait because Vestax was going to come out with an official bag and sleeve.

Has anyone heard anything about this from Vestax?

Quote:

in die Tasche.
den VCI-100 ausgelegt. "

www.vestax.de
Zuck 3:23 PM - 2 July, 2009
Pelican just came out with a new case, 1495 laptop case. The vci-300 fits purfectly in it plus it comes with a shoulder strap and is lighter then a flight case. It can be used as a personal carry-on bag since it's basically a laptop case. It's crush proof, water proof and it auto pressurizes. It will give you about an inch of foam in all directions to protect your vci. It is on sale at opticsplanet for $129. It takes about 10 minutes to do the pluck and pull foam and your done. I looked at a lot of cases and this ones a purfect fit!

check it out: www.opticsplanet.com

Sorry I don't know how to do the cool, click on the red link thing.

If someone wants to teach me how to post a picture of what the VCI-300 looks like in the case I'll do it or I guess I could always email it.
emkay 10:53 PM - 2 July, 2009
After a lot of research I think I found the perfect fit. Its a flightcase, but a light one (3 kg - 4.5 kg for the bigger one)

Its the Zomo VC-1 (case just for the vci-300) or VC-2 (plus laptop). And at about €90 for the VC-2 a good price too.

Have a look here: www.partysan-shop.de

I wonder what the quality of the case is like... Somehow doesnt look as sturdy as the marathon, but the weight is a big plus factor...

Anyone got a Zomo chime in pls!
emkay 11:29 PM - 2 July, 2009
ok I couldnt wait, just ordered the zomo vc-2 :-)

Will post feedback and possibly photos when I get it ...
ernie 3:44 AM - 3 July, 2009
heres mine marathon black flight case

s221.photobucket.com
s221.photobucket.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:01 PM - 3 July, 2009
im still waiting on mine coming from cali

ernie how come you did not get the one with the laptop? just curious
ernie 7:48 PM - 3 July, 2009
Quote:
im still waiting on mine coming from cali

ernie how come you did not get the one with the laptop? just curious

No budget lol! i will just put my laptop on the side. cuz i have a grundorf folding table and its big. this marathon case is heavy but not a problem to me. you just need to put a ruubber under the vci 300 to elevate. its solid and safe to transport
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:11 AM - 8 July, 2009
got my case today
Odyssey with Keyboard shelf and it came with a keyboard! LOL

c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com
c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com

viewmorepics.myspace.com

I use my trusty 4/5 year old toshiba laptop
2TB Lacie which can fit on the bottom when keyboard is extended out

questions comments just post! enjoy!
DeezNotes 12:43 PM - 8 July, 2009
Quote:
got my case today
Odyssey with Keyboard shelf and it came with a keyboard! LOL

c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com
c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com

viewmorepics.myspace.com

I use my trusty 4/5 year old toshiba laptop
2TB Lacie which can fit on the bottom when keyboard is extended out

questions comments just post! enjoy!

I like that one. Nice.
emkay 1:16 PM - 8 July, 2009
How did you find the weight of the Odyssey?

When I read its 29 lbs / 13 kg I kinda thought it defeats the purpose of getting something like the VCI-300 in the first place... which is why I went for the Zomo VC-2 which only weighs about 10 lbs / 4.5 kg

Have had it for a few days now and am very happy: first gig this saturday, lets see how it holds up :-)

Some photos:

img18.imageshack.us
img3.imageshack.us
img13.imageshack.us
img7.imageshack.us

anyone else got the Zomo?
DeezNotes 1:36 PM - 8 July, 2009
Damn.. that's nice too. Very nice.
Phil Moonface Thompson 1:54 PM - 8 July, 2009
heres my set up... a cut down case £30 from Maplins.. i took it apart, cut the sides down, then riveted and bonded it back together for extra strenghth.. aim was to be as slim as possible.. as lightweight as possible..

When i fly this is all i need.. : ))) happy days..

took me about a day to modify and used professional foam as the stuff that came with it was not much good.

taking orders : ))

gallery.me.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:18 PM - 8 July, 2009
Quote:

well am still carrying around my cdj800s TTM57 in a coffin so 29lbs is nothing haha!

I like your case too but both have goods and bad

Oddyssey has a built in laptop shelf, i can hide my wires, power supplies inside the case for a cleaner look, But i have to store the laptop in a separate bag.

yours can hold vci and laptop but you still need to carry a stand if you need it and cant really hide wires ;)
djfrancov 10:45 AM - 9 July, 2009
hey phil...the stikers that u have on the keyboard...is that for SL1?
Phil Moonface Thompson 10:53 AM - 9 July, 2009
yeah its the iskin i bought when first using Serato SL1..

saves dust from the clubs and beach getting in your laptop.. and shows all the short cuts.. : ))

and people ask what that : ))
WirelessDJ 2:04 PM - 9 July, 2009
Here's my Serato Rig...

· Adjustable tilt and height laptop stand
· Blue LED lighting
· Recessed plug in power port
· Water-resistant
· Rolling wheels and handle
· Lockable
· ATA flight approved

i627.photobucket.com
WirelessDJ 2:05 PM - 9 July, 2009
emkay 2:46 PM - 9 July, 2009
hey wireless,

what do you need to do to get it ATA flight approved?
do they ask you for that when you check in?

nice case phil!
Phil Moonface Thompson 3:38 PM - 9 July, 2009
yeah what is ATA approved??
that looks too big to get on board.. nice set up tho.. and wheels are a bonus..
WirelessDJ 6:57 PM - 9 July, 2009
No, it is just a piece of mind that my equipment is NOT going to get trashed when going through the airport.

ATA flight approved just is generally is used to refer to a reusable shipping container that has been approved for air transport by Air Transport Association of America.

In a perfect world, you might be able to rely on a cardboard box to ship your dj rig. Instructions such as "Handle with Care" and "Do Not Drop" might be respected and observed. But let's face it. It's not a perfect world. Your rig is rarely going to be on the top of the pile. The amount of pressure weighing upon it will be enormous. No matter how you ship it, your package is going to be bumped and jostled. The more often it travels, and the further it travels, the greater the chance it will arrive damaged, or even destroyed.

If they had a MIL-SPEC case I would get it!
MusicDan 7:14 PM - 9 July, 2009
Quote:

saves dust from the clubs and beach getting in your laptop.. and shows all the short cuts.. : ))

So do the shortcuts work for itch? I've been wanting to buy one but wasn't sure.
kraal 7:21 PM - 9 July, 2009
Quote:

So do the shortcuts work for itch? I've been wanting to buy one but wasn't sure.

i dont think they work for itch
DeezNotes 7:31 PM - 9 July, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, the majority of the shortcuts work (specifically the A-Z and other characters). The ones that I can think of that don't work are the ones that don't apply to ITCH like F1-3 and F6-8 which control the modes in SSL when using vinyl or CDJs.
MusicDan 7:39 PM - 9 July, 2009
that's cool. I was thinking of buying it anyway, 1: because it looks good (almost like your computer is designed for the software) and 2: because it will kepp your keyboard clean.
IDJNOW, here I come.
kraal 8:05 PM - 9 July, 2009
deeznotes thanks i was looking at these at guitar center
Maskrider 12:02 AM - 10 July, 2009
Quote:

When I read its 29 lbs / 13 kg I kinda thought it defeats the purpose of getting something like the VCI-300 in the first place... which is why I went for the Zomo VC-2 which only weighs about 10 lbs / 4.5 kg

Have had it for a few days now and am very happy: first gig this saturday, lets see how it holds up :-)

Some photos:

img18.imageshack.us
img3.imageshack.us
img13.imageshack.us
img7.imageshack.us

anyone else got the Zomo?

I wish they have that here in the States.
MusicDan 12:39 PM - 10 July, 2009
So I went out and got it yesterday, got home too late to try it out. Will do shortly.
Relay 10:20 PM - 15 July, 2009
I just got the odyssey.....

I like it in general, but the design of the case blocks the headphone and mic inputs....looks like im gonna need to buy a right angle adapter for the headphones.
DJLuis_Angel 4:51 AM - 18 July, 2009
I got the odyssey one too, I didn't mind getting the right angle adaptors., since this case is perfect for what I need I also had already purchase the Odyssey Control SL "L.E.D keyboard" with the serato short cutz and it works perfectly fine wiht Itch and the three additional usb's that come with the keyboard are great too since my mac pro only has 2 USBs. I was tempted to buy the Marothon case but they laptop tray does not actually slide forward or back it's more like a foldable shelf, and it doesn't have a bad ass keyboard tray like the Odyssey one. Here's the Odyssey link:

www.odysseygear.com

www.odysseygear.com

I'll post my own pics soon!
WirelessDJ 5:33 PM - 26 July, 2009
anyone know if the VCi-300 will fit in the top of this case? I need an EQ and want to use my BBE sonic maximizer once again

www.skbcases.com
Kevin Kelly 6:19 PM - 26 July, 2009
If anyone is looking for just a case for the VCI 300 (not laptop, etc but there is room for come cords) I have the Marathon MA-VCI case...works great!

marathonpro.com

Price is $130 at Sixstar dj

www.sixstardj.com
WirelessDJ 7:03 PM - 26 July, 2009
I need one with rack rails Anyone tried the SKB case?
Cid K 12:31 PM - 29 July, 2009
Me am looking for a Carrying bag sorta like for that Xponent. Where you could put Laptop, Controler, maybe an extra sound card plus cables and everything else.

Anyone has a suggestions ?
PPIP 8:38 PM - 29 July, 2009
I am thinking of trying a laptop bag for a 17" laptop. I want to take my VCI to a store where they sell them to see if it fits. I thing the VCI is almost the same size as a widescreen 17" laptop.
ernie 2:06 AM - 30 July, 2009
Here's my vci case and compact foldable stand by on stage what do you think?

s221.photobucket.com

s221.photobucket.com
Dj Fantom 1:23 PM - 31 July, 2009
Just picked this bag up from Rock and soul in Nyc a couple days ago.
MONOCASE 365 dj back pack

www.monocase.com

fits my 13 inch mbp, vci 300 , headphones, cables, laptop stand etc... nicely . kind of wide on the back but i prefer wide over long. (pause . no misquote)

ill post pics of mines with my gear in it soon as i take some. lol . oh and i paid less then the price listed on there site. lol
Maskrider 4:17 PM - 31 July, 2009
Never heard of this bag it's actually nice. Post some pictures.
Cid K 5:12 PM - 31 July, 2009
Thats a nice carrying cae that monocase one. WOWOW
elsupermang 6:50 PM - 31 July, 2009
I'm considering getting it, its a bit expensive tho.
James Roberts 9:26 PM - 4 August, 2009
Maskrider 10:24 PM - 4 August, 2009
Where can we buy that here in the States?
Dj Fitty 5:46 PM - 19 August, 2009
Anyone looking to buy a hard case for the VCI-300 should try out The Home Depot or Lowes. They have these metal brief case for laptops or utility tools. Its perfect for the vci and it comes with foam that you taylor to fit any thing that you put in it. It looks professional and is affordable. Only $24.99. I could not belief how perfect and well mad it is. go check them out and tell me what yall think
PPIP 5:53 PM - 19 August, 2009
Last week I got a Slappa Ballistix bag. The VCI-300 and my Macbook and all my other stuff fits perfectly in this bag.
I did not wanted a flight case or something for easy carrying.
And it has a better look than an ordinary laptop bag.
DJ MDX 11:10 PM - 19 August, 2009
I wont get another case until the VFX-1 comes out - I need a custom case like the Marathon Case that will let me incorporate an external HD, VCI-300, Laptop on slider, VFX-1, & nanoPad.

Case manufacturers feel free to contact me.
djfrancov 1:57 PM - 20 August, 2009
That is what i was thinking...the vfx wont fit in those cases..plus I also have a nano pad for samples,
Cid K 2:00 PM - 20 August, 2009
WOWOW those Slappa bag's are very nice, plus the compagny can make em custom made. Maybe Serato could team up with them and have made a custom VCI-300/Serato Case.

I will call them today and get some more info's
Cid K 5:27 PM - 20 August, 2009
Alright am in contact with Slappa, a very good company if you ask me, very good communication. They dont do custom bag's for only one person, but they are willing to make a batch for Vestax/Serato now i dont know how many of you would like one, maybe we could start a lil pole to see how many of you would love the perfect VCI/Serato carrying case.

Anyways i know this much, they are very excited and thrilled to be making a VCI-300 case, and he was shocked that no other company has made one yet.

So you guys let me know if you would be interested..

Peace.
Phil Moonface Thompson 5:55 PM - 20 August, 2009
count me in.. this is my wish list:

fit vci in some kind of slim hard case with foam.
fit laptop in some kind of slim hard case with foam.
fit all a cables and spare cables.
fit power supply and adaptors.
fit headphones easy to reach when on flight.
fit water bottle pocket external for when flying.
fit over night gear (t-shirt n washbag)
have wheels n telescopic handle to save my back.
easy passport pocket to put stuff when going thru security.
small enough for carry on all flights..

if i could have all that i would be an even more happy man.. : ))
Cid K 5:59 PM - 20 August, 2009
I dont think they do any of those, to start, thi swill be a dedicated VCI-300 Carrying Case, not a luggage for your cloth hehehe. When your on a plane, you dont need to have access to cloth and stuff, only lappy and maybe headphones and so on. You know what i mean.

check out the web site... www.slappa.com

The model that would suite best is this one: Ballistix PTAC Matrix Laptop Shoulder Bag
Phil Moonface Thompson 6:17 PM - 20 August, 2009
well you can only wish : ))

i dont like to check anything in carry everything with me.. as it saves loads of time each end.. and the usual stress of it going missing.. stuff always goes missing so you cant risk it...

cheers..
Cid K 6:27 PM - 20 August, 2009
Sure i can understand that, but the main purpose here is a carrying case for the vci-300 and its accessories, and all the random stuff you carry at the gig.

Me when i travel, i pack my dj bag with the stuff ill need on the plane, and the rest in my luggage, when am preparing my luggage at home i do a check list, with all the stuff i need and then i just check out when its packed.

I mean, its all about organising your stuff mate, the same way your mom would do it hehehehe :-)

But please, if you all have cool suggestions or ideas for a dj bag, let us know.

Peace
elsupermang 7:11 PM - 20 August, 2009
PPIP did you get the Ballistix PTAC Matrix Laptop Shoulder Bag?? Really tempted to buy it, also if you have pics with your VCI-300,laptop and accessories tucked in plz post :-)
Cid K 7:15 PM - 20 August, 2009
Yeah that would be awsome :-) Id like to get that bag, but am not too sure the VCI will actually fit correctly in it.
elsupermang 7:17 PM - 20 August, 2009
The dimensions are just about right:

VCI-300: 2.5" x 16.5" x 11"
PTAC Bag: 16.5"(w) x 12"(h) x 3"(d)

Only issue I see is that they are the exact same width which might mean really tight or not fitting at all.
Cid K 7:18 PM - 20 August, 2009
yeah... thats my main concern too.
Redi2roc 3:23 AM - 21 August, 2009
Quote:
Anyone looking to buy a hard case for the VCI-300 should try out The Home Depot or Lowes. They have these metal brief case for laptops or utility tools. Its perfect for the vci and it comes with foam that you taylor to fit any thing that you put in it. It looks professional and is affordable. Only $24.99. I could not belief how perfect and well mad it is. go check them out and tell me what yall think

can you post a pic of the case or make and model number so We/I can see what to look for? Seems like a great idea!
Maskrider 4:59 AM - 21 August, 2009
I'm thinking of the same thing can't beat that price. I really need a case for my VCI .
kraal 7:44 AM - 21 August, 2009
here is mine from office max
www.artiscommunication.com
PPIP 8:35 AM - 21 August, 2009
Yes I got the Slappa Ballistix P-TAC Matrix. The VCI and my Macbook pro fits perfectly together in this bag. I will make some pix today and post them so you can see.

To bad Slappa did not made a dedicated bag allready. Good action to cotact them Cid K.
PPIP 9:53 AM - 21 August, 2009
I already put some pictures online. Check the pictures here: www.djpat.nl
Cid K 12:26 PM - 21 August, 2009
WOWOWOW such a nice bag, i think am gona get one of those.
Maskrider 1:31 PM - 21 August, 2009
Quote:
here is mine from office max
www.artiscommunication.com

$60
www.officemax.com
elsupermang 1:44 PM - 21 August, 2009
I think I am sold on the Slappa bag as well :-). You can have everything you need in that 1 bag with some room to spare!! Thanks for the pics PPIP.
PPIP 3:13 PM - 21 August, 2009
I was looking at regular 17inch laptop bags but they looked real lame and there was no room for both my VCI and my Macbook. I did not wanted a flight case since I need my gear to cary on my shoulders because I travel with my Vespa to gigs a lot :-)

So with this bag I hit the bulls eye twice. Easy to carry around and proper looks.
Cid K 5:19 PM - 21 August, 2009
Totaly agreed on this one m8! Am ordering mine on monday.
PPIP 5:36 PM - 21 August, 2009
Quote:
Totaly agreed on this one m8! Am ordering mine on monday.

Good for you Cid K!!
Cid K 5:42 PM - 21 August, 2009
:-D Well it's all because of you bro, i would of never found out that Case Company is it wasnt for you :-)
DJdaveZ 11:41 PM - 22 August, 2009
SKB Studio Flyer 4U Rolling Case
SKB Sliding Keyboard Shelf - Cut with a sawzall and put shorter sliders on there to fit inside the case with some rivets..
2U Locking Shallow Rack Drawer

gives me enough room to store some stuff in the drawer and it rolls.. its awesome!

machiavellis.net
DJdaveZ 11:43 PM - 22 August, 2009
^ this is the case link...
www.skbcases.com
emkay 10:18 AM - 24 August, 2009
is there space for a laptop stand in that slappa bag?? doesnt look like it from those pics...
PPIP 1:28 PM - 24 August, 2009
I have a Santon uberstand and I have it in a pocket on the back.
On the back there are two zippers you can open to put the Slappa bag over a trolley when you do not use a trolley it's a perfect place for my uberstand.
Ollie (DJ Twist) 12:24 PM - 15 September, 2009
can a pair of large headphones fit in the slappa bag as well as a 15 inch laptop, vci 300 & an uberstand??
Evin Kepik 9:33 PM - 19 September, 2009
Quote:
I dont think they do any of those, to start, thi swill be a dedicated VCI-300 Carrying Case, not a luggage for your cloth hehehe. When your on a plane, you dont need to have access to cloth and stuff, only lappy and maybe headphones and so on. You know what i mean.

check out the web site... www.slappa.com

The model that would suite best is this one: Ballistix PTAC Matrix Laptop Shoulder Bag

It looks like the dimensions for laptop and main compartment are the same for the Ballistix AURA. The only difference I see is the bigger and extra compartments and card holders and such. Which I pretty much won't need.

Plus, i wanna get the orange and silver! :)

Your thoughts guys?
casket hands 9:38 PM - 19 September, 2009
posted this in the backpakc thread but I thought it might be useful to have it here as well

I have a zebracase Z17 Standard. it was only $35 and fits great.
check out these pics.
i219.photobucket.com
i219.photobucket.com
i219.photobucket.com
i219.photobucket.com
i219.photobucket.com
as you can see in the last shot theres still lots of room for cables , headphones and a laptop and whatever else you need (although it does get a bit big)

www.zebracase.com
darockmtl 3:49 PM - 27 September, 2009
After months of research, i finally found this.

wish it was black though...
www.odysseygear.com

enjoy
kraal 5:09 PM - 27 September, 2009
how much is it...and will the vfx-1 fit over that headphone area ...hint hint
kraal 5:33 PM - 27 September, 2009
sam ash can order for 199.99 and djdeals has it for 179.00 and free shipping i wonder is it ready to ship tho
Maskrider 12:30 PM - 28 September, 2009
I'll bet they will come up with a case that incorporates the Vfx-1......Can't wait.lol
carl-v 9:46 PM - 28 September, 2009
I just bought this bag that’s made for the vci, it fits everything I need for a gig… and with everything in the bag it weighs about 6 kg that’s about 13 ibs, perfect and mobile for my style!

www.thomann.de
Socross 9:53 PM - 28 September, 2009
I got this one on ebay:

cgi.ebay.com

The top doesn't slide, it flips open and holds your laptop. I offered 180 and it was automatically accepted, so you could probably get it for a little less than that.

It feels really solid, haven't taken it to a gig yet but I'm liking it so far!
djfrancov 11:16 PM - 28 September, 2009
I have the oddessy case that slides, my friend got the one that socroos has, and as soon as he saw mine, he returned it and got mine.
Socross 11:54 PM - 28 September, 2009
Is the slider one thicker than the non-sliding one? One of the things I like about this case is it's not much bigger than a briefcase.
Socross 11:58 PM - 28 September, 2009
Nevermind, found out the info - odyssey case is 8.25" thick, while my case is 6.5" thick.
djfrancov 1:28 AM - 29 September, 2009
im not gonna lie... is not light with the vci in it, but in my opinion is much nicer.
darockmtl 8:00 AM - 20 October, 2009
Quote:
After months of research, i finally found this.

wish it was black though...
www.odysseygear.com

enjoy

BAD...Just got it today...Just got it today, first it was dented aling one of the sides, which means during transport it got shuffled, which means its not solid... 2 the flap that opens makes the it a weak point so the side where the handle is when closed pops out because it cant take the weight 3 bad construction, i got mine and the glider joint where it connects to the frame was drilled and screwed into... nothing so it just floats when too much weight is applied.
-1 odyssey
Maskrider 3:01 PM - 20 October, 2009
Oh shit.....Sorry to hear that.

Return it.
TJ56 3:23 PM - 20 October, 2009
this is also what i was looking at as it looked ideal, sorry to hear about the build quality, i'd be straight on the blower to them.
kraal 3:30 PM - 20 October, 2009
i am looking at that one too
darockmtl 3:37 PM - 20 October, 2009
ill post pictures in a couple of hours
Its the hassle of shipping it back that's jsut bugging me...
DJ MDX 10:03 PM - 20 October, 2009
I just got my Odyssey Case in last night but was too tired to do anything with it, I will put stuff together tonight and post pics later
DJ MDX 10:34 PM - 20 October, 2009
New Odyssey Case for VCI-300 (with keyboard out) twitpic.com

New Odyssey Case for VCI-300 (with keyboard in) twitpic.com
Maskrider 1:46 AM - 21 October, 2009
Now that Vci has Efx they are going to re design the case.
czar 7:12 AM - 21 October, 2009
Quote:
Now that Vci has Efx they are going to re design the case.

+1
DJ MDX 1:27 AM - 23 October, 2009
Yeah, I was going to hold out, but, at the moment, I don't believe I will get the effects unit - "I gotta feeling......"
Maskrider 3:40 AM - 23 October, 2009
It sounds like the new Single of Black Eyed Peas.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:51 PM - 23 October, 2009
MDX does your mic or headphone jacks get in the way?
I have to use 1/4 angle adapters.

Mine could be the first generation
lofty 1:03 AM - 24 October, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

can you post a pic of the case or make and model number so We/I can see what to look for? Seems like a great idea!

They look like this
www.maplin.co.uk
(i got the link from a previous post^^)

I use a case like this (think I got it from home depot or walmart)
I cut off the inside tabs.
then I got 2 or 3" thick foam( Cant remember) and cut a piece for the bottom.(walmart sewing of bedding section)
then I used 1" foam around the edges,(the stuff that came with the case.
the top piece of mine is the egg carton type foam.
holds the vci snug but DOESN"T put pressure on the knobs and faders.
DJ MDX 9:07 PM - 24 October, 2009
Quote:
MDX does your mic or headphone jacks get in the way?
I have to use 1/4 angle adapters.

Mine could be the first generation

No, my Mic & Headphone jack do not have interference. However, you could be correct my case is from brand new stock directly from Odyssey. When I ordered they were all on back order for about 3 weeks. I really like this case so far.

My nanoPad, for some reason, took a big crap and won't work anymore - Strange??

.....But I configured my wireless keyboard to trigger my samples in Ableton and everything is great again - I actually think I might like the keyboard better??? - I am going to work on a short mix and will report back with the "keyboard trigger" samples.
kraal 11:22 PM - 24 October, 2009
Quote:

had two go out on me and djtechtools claims that is the main draw back with them
DJ MDX 12:40 AM - 25 October, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

had two go out on me and djtechtools claims that is the main draw back with them

Thanks for that feedback - well the Apple Wireless Keyboard seems to be working fine so, for now, it will do - it actually is better because it saves me one less connection and frees up a USB connection so I can now take live calls again during my Radio Shows ;-)
pdidy 3:01 AM - 10 November, 2009
pdidy 3:06 AM - 10 November, 2009
Antony Ellis 3:09 AM - 10 November, 2009
ok, its a nice bag but......i dont think its suited to the VCI.
Maskrider 3:47 AM - 10 November, 2009
I think the VCI will fit Is it cheaper than UDG Bag?
Antony Ellis 12:48 PM - 10 November, 2009
The VCI will fit, that is not the issue here...the fact is there is too much room for the VCI....and lots of extra padding will be needed......this is based on my opinion of when he put that huge vestax mixer in to show you....

i suggest you watch ean goldens video on you tube about the UDG producer bag
Maskrider 4:53 PM - 10 November, 2009
The UDG producer bag Hell yeah....Tnx for the info.
Antony Ellis 5:52 PM - 10 November, 2009
Your welcome
James Roberts 6:06 PM - 10 November, 2009
THey've stopped making the producer bag havent they?
Maskrider 6:07 PM - 10 November, 2009
Oh...Snap!
Javier drada 6:17 PM - 10 November, 2009
I am using the MONO DJ 365 Bag and it's perfect.

www.monocase.com
Antony Ellis 6:18 PM - 10 November, 2009
Quote:
THey've stopped making the producer bag havent they?

hunt around, you can still get them....and it looks like you can still place orders for them on UDG's site?
yeahdef 9:17 PM - 10 November, 2009
i use this:

cgi.ebay.com.sg
a seller named pshpaintball puts them up on ebay every now and then.

great case - well padded - seems really durable.
the pocket in front is a perfect fit for my netbook + usb cable / light.

i dont know if you can find a better case for the money - it was like 30 bucks shipped.

has another zipper pocket on the other side i put any business cards / cds people give me to check out later.
Maskrider 10:48 PM - 10 November, 2009
Quote:

www.monocase.com

Can you post a pic of the vci inside the bag?
Javier drada 12:12 AM - 11 November, 2009
There you go 4 Pics
Javier drada 12:17 AM - 11 November, 2009
To protect the Knobs and Faders I have a Decksaver Cover

www.decksaver.co.uk
Maskrider 5:13 AM - 11 November, 2009
nice tnx for the pics.
kraal 5:17 AM - 11 November, 2009
first person to find a case for the vci-300 and vfx-1 gets a cookie
Maskrider 5:17 AM - 11 November, 2009
I wish we had that decksavers here in the states.
Javier drada 12:16 PM - 11 November, 2009
Cost me $65 total shipped from www.juno.co.uk and it arrived in like a day or two, I live in New Orleans.
Javier drada 12:18 PM - 11 November, 2009
The MONO DJ 365 is perfect for both the VFX1 and the VCI300 the side pockets are huge, I would say 4" x 2" x 15"
Maskrider 1:20 PM - 11 November, 2009
Those decksaver for the VCI-100 do they fit the VCI-300?
Antony Ellis 1:26 PM - 11 November, 2009
u can get them for vci 300
TJ56 2:23 PM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:
Those decksaver for the VCI-100 do they fit the VCI-300?

the one i have is for the VCI-300, well worth the cash imo
Javier drada 3:35 PM - 11 November, 2009
They have both VCI-100 and VCI-300
kraal 3:45 PM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:
The MONO DJ 365 is perfect for both the VFX1 and the VCI300 the side pockets are huge, I would say 4" x 2" x 15"

actually looking for road ready/oddessay type case. i really don't like bags
sj_gregory 6:20 PM - 11 November, 2009
Anyone looking for a sleeve instead of, or to fit inside a case I came across this:

www.nuloop.com
yeahdef 6:33 PM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:
Anyone looking for a sleeve instead of, or to fit inside a case I came across this:

www.nuloop.com

really interesting design - but wouldnt the side you put down in the booth get all grimey w/ spilled beers, cigarette funk, bar stains?
Maskrider 7:48 PM - 11 November, 2009
Quote:
They have both VCI-100 and VCI-300

Last time I check they are out of stock. :(
Javier drada 9:48 PM - 11 November, 2009
Try next week, they should have more coming in.
Dj Fantom 8:44 PM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:

www.monocase.com

i use the same exact bag. have used it for about 8 gigs now. i love it. fits and protects everything perfect. a little wide but not too wide . and i got it for waaaay cheaper than the price on the website
Dj Fantom 9:04 PM - 13 November, 2009
Quote:
Cost me $65 total shipped from www.juno.co.uk and it arrived in like a day or two, I live in New Orleans.

cool thanks for posting this man. i use the same bag and was looking for some kind of cover like this for the vci . and u say u had no problem ordering from the states? cool im ordering asap. from nyc
Maskrider 2:14 AM - 14 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

www.monocase.com

i use the same exact bag. have used it for about 8 gigs now. i love it. fits and protects everything perfect. a little wide but not too wide . and i got it for waaaay cheaper than the price on the website

Where did you bought yours? Maybe you can hook us up for the 411.
Dj Fantom 10:54 AM - 30 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.monocase.com

Where did you bought yours? Maybe you can hook us up for the 411.

i got it from Rock and Soul record shop on 35th and 7th in nyc. cant reveal the price cause they gave me a hookup. but they are allways open to negotiation and have great prices.
Maskrider 9:08 PM - 30 November, 2009
Cool do they take web orders?
I1Kirm 11:17 PM - 30 November, 2009
I use the Lil Namba Backback nambagear.com
Great build quality and a lot of pockets but although the site specifically mentions VCI-300 I found out that it's a very tight fit. You must unfold the bag to be able to load the VCI and to be honest I don't feel very confident cause I'm afraid the pitch faders will bend. On the other hand I already used it to several gigs without any problems but I was very gentle halding everything.
I ordered a decksaver but I'm not sure it will fit, I'll keep you updated.
BTW, I am also carrying a 15'' MBP with it. Carrying a thicker laptop could make the fit even tighter.
If I had to buy a new bag I would go for the monocase mentioned above or the Big Namba nambagear.com which seems to offer much more space
Klown 12:35 AM - 26 December, 2009
I'm a bit late on this thread, but since it's Christmas time I guess reviving it isn't so bad.

www.equnit.com

Has some great bag systems for toting around things of this nature. Personally ordered one for my VCI-300 and Laptop, as there are separate compartments for both items along with many other pouches and side compartments I can put other stuff in as well.

Best part about these bags, they are pretty customizable with fun, artistic covers and can break down/swap out ALOT of parts and are damn modular which is nice.

Not only am I buying a carrying case for my gear, but I can always use it for many other things if I need to. May wanna have a look at the website, keep in mind though they can be rather pricey but seem to be built for lasting.

Next I'm going to hunt down one of those VCI-300 cases, I'm sure that would fit in this bag
djgiannis 8:02 PM - 2 January, 2010
Anyone who has the VCI-300 backpack? www.thomann.de
Is the VCI-300 sleeve (www.thomann.de) included when you buy the backpack?Or you must buy it extra?
Musically Minded 6:35 PM - 7 January, 2010
i know its not a case but pretty cool all the sam IMO

www.pssl.com
Klown 6:55 PM - 7 January, 2010
Yup, the decksaver is nice and I'm glad PSSL is planning on stocking it come Feb.

I intend to pick up one of these so that I have a better mindset that my VCI-300 is safer in my Big Namba backpack.
philip lacson 12:49 AM - 8 January, 2010
[IMG]i30.photobucket.com[/IMG]
$60 SHIPPED IN THE USA ....EMAIL ME AT [email address removed]
Klown 12:54 AM - 8 January, 2010
@philip

Yes....It's a paintball marker case...Easily purchased off places like PBNation etc...
philip lacson 12:58 AM - 8 January, 2010
no, its not. it has pocket for laptop, and the unit
Klown 12:59 AM - 8 January, 2010
Yes, but it's originally designed for holding a disassembled paintball marker...Is what I was saying.

Whether or not people use them for that purpose is another story, as a bag is a bag when it boils down to it :P
philip lacson 1:06 AM - 8 January, 2010
there you go
Klown 1:07 AM - 8 January, 2010
I don't think you are grasping what I am saying

But good job on a pic with a box that says DJ Bag?
philip lacson 1:09 AM - 8 January, 2010
well, all I'm saying that this bag was made for the vesatx vci 300 or 100. its not for paintball, laptop, school bag etc. that's all.
Cid K 1:23 AM - 8 January, 2010
Ok my grand ma makes the best pancakes on earth... ohh and i can microwave cook with my vci-300 and the new usb microwave over add on vestax is selling.
yeahdef 1:50 AM - 8 January, 2010
in b4 admins close thread for advertisements
Cid K 3:04 AM - 8 January, 2010
lololol
Serato, Support
ChrisD 3:44 AM - 8 January, 2010
philip lacson, no advertising please.
yeahdef 6:49 PM - 9 January, 2010
ok i think i just found the perfect case for my vci-300:
got it all from the same thrift store today.

check it out

here it is - some standard issue double briefcase for a 1980s lawyer.
it has two compartments which fit what i use perfectly.
imgur.com
$3.50

i found this little plastic case to store my lazer light / usb hub / pico projector.
imgur.com
$0.50

one side is a slot.
it holds the plastic case and my macbook pro (in black sleeve)
imgur.com

the other side lifts open.
its a PERFECT fit for a vci300 and decksaver lid.
the flaps above hold my usb cables and a flashlight i take everywhere.
imgur.com

taking it out tonight for a gig!
YES!
spazz 7:13 PM - 9 January, 2010
Nice. So you come in looking all corporate then rock the party. And you're only $4.00 out of pocket.
yeahdef 7:15 PM - 9 January, 2010
exactly - looking for a reasonable place to fit the vfx-1 tho.
maybe just carry that in with me
spazz 7:17 PM - 9 January, 2010
Can't you put the vfx-1 in your laptop case?
JonnyLove 6:04 PM - 10 January, 2010
If your looking for a all in one case may I suggest having a look at the latest scratchworx review

www.skratchworx.com
Zuck 7:26 PM - 10 January, 2010
Hey, Yeahdef,

Where did you get the the bright green nobs?
DJ Cr8shun 7:46 PM - 10 January, 2010
Here's one place you can get them.

techtools.myshopify.com
yeahdef 7:54 PM - 10 January, 2010
yeah thats the kind i got!
Zuck 7:59 PM - 10 January, 2010
D'oh! Sold out.
Sfunk 12:09 AM - 15 January, 2010
Here is my marathon case with my odyssey L-stand clamped on. Pretty clean setup, check it.

[IMG]i50.tinypic.com[/IMG]

[IMG]i48.tinypic.com[/IMG]

[IMG]i50.tinypic.com[/IMG]

[IMG]i47.tinypic.com[/IMG]
spazz 3:56 AM - 15 January, 2010
Nice and streamline. Thanks for sharing the pics.
3m 9:26 PM - 20 January, 2010
Anyone seen this?

www.nuloop.com
spazz 10:45 PM - 20 January, 2010
Yep. I think someone posted a link for this VCI sleeve.
Antony Ellis 12:05 AM - 21 January, 2010
Just managed to get my hands on a UDG Producer bag for my VCI and Laptop, awesome bag, great quality.......The VCI fits like but i think it would be more suited to the VCI 100.

Gonna use it for a while and see how it goes, took me ages to get one as they are like rocking horse shi*!
DD 11:11 AM - 10 February, 2010
*BUMP*

any new cases out yet?
Maskrider 5:44 PM - 10 February, 2010
Still waiting.......
yeahdef 11:03 PM - 15 February, 2010
still waiting... road case for vci300+vfx?
kraal 1:15 AM - 16 February, 2010
www.pssl.com
this can carry the vci-300,vfx-1 and laptop
yeahdef 6:23 AM - 16 February, 2010
@kraal - can we get pics of the setup with the lid off?
kraal 6:30 AM - 16 February, 2010
sorry that info isnt from me...
this is who i got it from

Watchwww.youtube.com
yeahdef 6:39 AM - 16 February, 2010
oh right on - thanks man, i think ill grab that case. you got yours from pssl?
kraal 6:43 AM - 16 February, 2010
no i have yet to get one cause i am waiting on the one with the keyboard attachment
AndyHigg 1:14 PM - 18 February, 2010
For people waiting on a case for the VCI & VFX I suggest they wait a little longer like myself.

I believe that Magma are designing a case similar to their workstation 300 design but for a VFX alongside a VCI300.

I have asked them to keep me updated so when I hear anything new, I will post something up.
Maskrider 9:05 PM - 18 February, 2010
Thanks for the heads up.
DD 5:09 PM - 23 February, 2010
Anyone know where I can get a Odyssey FZGSVCI300 Case for Vestax VCI-300

DJDeals.com said they are on back order until March/Early April...looking for one now.
kraal 5:13 PM - 23 February, 2010
Quote:
Anyone know where I can get a Odyssey FZGSVCI300 Case for Vestax VCI-300

DJDeals.com said they are on back order until March/Early April...looking for one now.

www.pssl.com
DD 6:54 AM - 13 March, 2010
their out of stock, anywhere else?
kraal 8:00 AM - 13 March, 2010
no they are not i just purchased one yesteday recieved it today
kraal 8:01 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
no they are not i just purchased one yesteday recieved it today

and they even send you a pair of cheap ass 12.00 numark headphones :)
I1Kirm 9:28 AM - 13 March, 2010
Woow, I thought Numark stopped building cheap ass stuff after the NS7....
kraal 9:32 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

they vowed to stop selling cheap gear so they are giving it away for free :)
Maskrider 11:46 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

lol
nik39 11:48 AM - 13 March, 2010
lol.
I1Kirm 12:48 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

:P
I1Kirm 12:54 PM - 13 March, 2010
They should put Fisher-Price stickers on and sell them at the malls. They could earn enough cash to finance the development of the NS10 www.serato.com
Cid K 4:38 PM - 13 March, 2010
lolol :-P
a sides 5:36 AM - 2 April, 2010
I've been travelling on the road constantly for the last year with the slappa bulkhead and have never had a problem with it. I travel with an sl3 and a 15" macbook pro and a vci300 plus 2 lacie rugged drives, camera, headphones, control vinyls, all cables and a thick wallet with all my travel docs and i still have space if i need it.

the toggles on the zips are not so strong but can be replaces with key rings if need be but i love the way you can break the bag down. i have taken this onto the biggest and smallest of planes and even when i recently got pulled in new zealand immigration over the size of the bag i broke it into 2 and they let me on fine (i am also way over my carry on weight all the time but broken down can always get away with it)

i'd love to see some modifications to this bag, slappa lose the rubber tuff and the heavy badges and maybe some of the unwanted padding and you have a winner. I have probably put your bag through some of the most extreme conditions a dj will see and it's still intact!

highly recommended!

www.myspace.com
ldc1129 1:37 AM - 10 April, 2010
Has anyone seen if anybody is working on a case for the VCI300 and VFX1 combo???
Evin Kepik 2:54 AM - 10 April, 2010
so I found this Odyssey case, KGSVCI300

www.odysseygear.com

The weight is 17 lbs compared to the regular glide style case which is 29 lbs.

You can store your headphones and with the extended length, you can place the VFX-1 next to your laptop.
Kmxorbit 11:40 AM - 10 April, 2010
Quote:

I wonder if it wont tip over during use, because of the light weight.
If not, great stuff.
Evin Kepik 1:19 PM - 10 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

If not, great stuff.

well, the VCI-300 will be sitting on it to keep it from tipping over right? :P
Zuck 4:27 PM - 10 April, 2010
My buddy bought this case and it fell apart. Cheaply built, poorly constructed. If you travel alot or do alot of moble gigs it won't last you long.
Kmxorbit 6:03 PM - 10 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If not, great stuff.

I mean when you load a Laptop and VFX-1 on it and push the slide to the back.
I can imagine if you start abusing your fx-unit, you might push it over...
Zuck 6:12 PM - 10 April, 2010
The light weight is do to the flimsy materials. I highly suggest checking on eout at the store before buying it.
kraal 6:39 PM - 10 April, 2010
i have the regular glide style and the vfx-1 fits next to my laptop
Evin Kepik 8:36 PM - 10 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If not, great stuff.

I mean when you load a Laptop and VFX-1 on it and push the slide to the back.
I can imagine if you start abusing your fx-unit, you might push it over...

i see what you mean...

based on a previous post, looks like it might not suffice.

Anybody have the Road Ready VCI-300? That apparently lets you store your laptop in there as well. The Odyssey recommends against putting the laptop in the FZGSVCI300 when transporting. Although I think if its not going to be a rocky trip such as sending your case in the airpane, it should be fine.
MadadaM1 9:15 PM - 3 June, 2010
I found the perfect solution that fits VCI-300, 13" mackbook, Headphones, all the cords you can think of VFX, regular SERATO scratch box and a Bose speaker for a monitor. Looks inconspicuous (which is good depending on where you play, you don't always want to look flashy)
And... can be carried on a plane.
Used this on a recent Central American tour.

Simple. Just copped the plastic cover for added protection.

www.google.com
westell54 8:12 AM - 6 June, 2010
I have the same bag but I paid over $100 for it. It's a really good bag. The plastic cover really completes the package too.
Zuck 3:39 PM - 6 June, 2010
I have a simulare bag by Swiss, had it for years, It's great. I got a neoprene sleeve to go over the computer for some added protection. I also put a strip of foam at the bottom of both pockets to protect my gear when set it down.

The only thing I wish it had was a waist belt cause it gets pretty heavy with a VCI-300, 15" MAcbook Pro, headphones, cables, power strip, water bottle etc.
Dj Fitty 7:02 PM - 8 August, 2010
does anyone carry the VCI-300 in a back pack without using a deck saver? just wondering if you have any issues with the jog wheels by not using one.
westell54 3:16 AM - 9 August, 2010
I'vr done it before but be very careful. I'm mostly concerned about losing a knob or pitch fader than I am about the platters. I highly reommend the decksaver but if you can't, then just be very careful with how you handle it and it should be for traveling very short distances. Mine is still in mint condition and I'd like to keep it that way...
ldc1129 2:51 PM - 9 August, 2010
Quote:
does anyone carry the VCI-300 in a back pack without using a deck saver? just wondering if you have any issues with the jog wheels by not using one.

I do. Haven't had any issues but make sure the pack you use has plenty of space!!

And no, not for heavy traveling...
casket hands 7:50 PM - 9 August, 2010
Quote:

I wouldnt do it. I bought a zebracase for $40. still perfect and pristine after 2 years. I broke a pitch fader off of my Idj2 carrying it caseless like that.
Mike E 6:49 AM - 20 August, 2010
anyone use www.pssl.com

and would it fit the S4?
Maskrider 10:43 AM - 20 August, 2010
I've seen some guys here use that.
kraal 3:49 PM - 20 August, 2010
Quote:
anyone use www.pssl.com

and would it fit the S4?

lets see ... i would begin by asking questions about the s4 in forums that belong to companies that make the s4
Mike E 4:57 PM - 20 August, 2010
but i love talking about itch in the traktor forums D=
kraal 5:15 PM - 20 August, 2010
Quote:
but i love talking about itch in the traktor forums D=

fair enough i guess
PapiC 6:25 PM - 22 November, 2010
Hi,

does anybody use the "UDG Creator Wheeled MIDI Controller Case"? Or anything similar?
Right now I got the Zomo VC1 + daypack but I need more space.
I´m searching for a case/trolley/bag-solution to travel to my gigs preparing enough space for vci300+(maybe in the future vfx1)+laptop+stand+camara+all the other small things...

peace
Chris
klozher 1:32 AM - 11 July, 2011
i got the NANUk 930 case and its a pick and pluck foamtype - very similar to pelican but this model can also mak room for the VFX1 underneath and room to add a harddrive and the case is sickly
Maskrider 10:13 PM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
i got the NANUk 930 case and its a pick and pluck foamtype - very similar to pelican but this model can also mak room for the VFX1 underneath and room to add a harddrive and the case is sickly

Can you post some pictures?
DJ Frank Labate 5:13 AM - 16 July, 2011
www.agiprodj.com
Beautiful case everything fits perfectly (Vci-300 + VFX-1 side by side) and theres a slide tray on the bottom you can put a keyboard or store cables or anything. Great case! PS. DO NOT BUY CASES FROM DJDEALS.COM terrible service! They don't actually have anything they sell in a warehouse so they act as a middle man and it took them over too weeks to have my case shipped and customer service was terrible!
custom transit cases 8:30 AM - 9 August, 2011
I'd like to introduce you to south-pak.com . When your products or your equipment needs to go from point A to point B and back again, and then again, and then again, all within just one average day, you know you need to invest in proper housing for your devices. That’s why South-Pak’s customers like Brinks and Lockheed Martin come back again and again.Most companies are after hard cases with rigid edges that can stand strong forces and protect the contents no matter what. For this, South-Pak offers a wide array of custom transit cases such as rolling hard cases or custom carrying cases.
Dj Fitty 6:14 PM - 14 August, 2011
www.solocases.com just picked this up at Walmart for $32. holds laptop, vci300, headphones, powercord and cables. Just a temporary solution to get through the airport. It would better if I had a deck savor. will post you tube video
Dj Fitty 6:29 PM - 14 August, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com bag for vci-300
Dj Lothario 11:28 PM - 14 August, 2011
Cool, i bought the lil namba remix bag for 60 bucks on amazon, the green one was 60, the other colors were 96. I can always use fabric paint and paint over the green lol, but the green is nice, everything fits nicely
klozher 12:30 AM - 1 October, 2011
In a drunk state paying attention to old threads. I got pics if you want to the see the NANUK 930 VCI300mk2 case set up. FYI - I saw RANE has also wised up up and have connected with NANUK and now RANE has there own cases for there SL series dj mixers made by NANUK. I can send you pics of the case set up. Email me klozher@yahoo.com. Got mine on crutchfield for a low price. Like 70 bones. The cases are dope, they have a 1" perimter foam unlike Pelican. Geek with the case for the gear. The 17" Apple g4 is in the Pelican 1490 - Ext Hardrives in the Pelican 1450 and an old Yamaha AW16g in the Pelican 1550. Bought a Seahorse case for my once was Urie battle mixer w/sampler but that now is the HP 17.3" DV7 case. Nuff bs. need some pics hit me up. Gears a grip, try not to blow your check.
klozher 12:32 AM - 1 October, 2011
OH Snap - the case also fits in the Overhead compartment for Jet fighter planes (passenger planes)
klozher 7:28 PM - 2 October, 2011
let try to get some pics. that didnt work
rayandexter1 12:20 PM - 24 October, 2019
Check Amazon for Odyssey Cases: the best I found so far. There were no issues with those cases noticed.
theessayservice.org